Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey & Finn's last Name?

Go down

Rey & Finn's last Name? Empty Rey & Finn's last Name?

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 19 Jun 2016, 12:39 pm

Posted August 12 2015 — 3:34 PM EDT

FINN & REY

What are their last names?

When Abrams first revealed the names of his new characters, by way of mocked-up Topps trading cards last December, two were notable for being… singular.
The runaway stormtrooper played by John Boyega was known only as Finn, and Daisy Ridley’s desert scavenger was identified only as Rey.
I finally got to ask: Is that deliberate? Is there a piece of information that’s being held back there about their names — perhaps because their last names are ones we may already know?
Abrams isn’t ready to reveal their full identities, but did confirm that this theory was getting warm. “I will only say about that that it is completely intentional that their last names aren’t public record,” he says.

I wish there was more to offer on that, but it sounds like it ventures into spoiler territory. So instead, let’s identify someone else — someone new.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/12/star-wars-force-awakens-character-names

I think both Finn & Rey are legacy  characters and JJ intends to spread the reveals out to 8 & 9

"The Force Awakens does confirm the family relationships of villain Kylo Ren, and Abrams felt that was enough. “Can this movie actually also hold, ‘And Rey is this … And Finn is that … And this is where Poe is from …’ This is the first of a series. There is a story to be told. And it will be.” 

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/20/jj-abrams-reveals-obi-wan-and-yoda-are-star-wars-force-awakens
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum