Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Siths and Yellow Eyes

3 posters

Go down

Siths and Yellow Eyes Empty Siths and Yellow Eyes

Post by gwendy85 Mon 26 Sep 2016, 2:29 pm

So Siths eyes turn yellow when they tap into the Dark Side, right? But what about Jedis (specifically Jedis in Training) or Force Sensitives, WITHOUT Sith training, who, in a moment of extremes, suddenly tap into the Dark Side? Is that even possible? And if so, would their eyes turn yellow?

Need this for research purposes. Thanks guys!
gwendy85
gwendy85
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://gwendy85.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Siths and Yellow Eyes Empty Re: Siths and Yellow Eyes

Post by panki Mon 26 Sep 2016, 2:38 pm

gwendy85 wrote:So Siths eyes turn yellow when they tap into the Dark Side, right? But what about Jedis (specifically Jedis in Training) or Force Sensitives, WITHOUT Sith training, who, in a moment of extremes, suddenly tap into the Dark Side? Is that even possible? And if so, would their eyes turn yellow?

@gwendy85

Quinlan Vos's eyes turned yellow briefly when he found out Asajj Ventress had killed his master in the Dark Disciple novel....this was while he was still a jedi and before Dooku trained him to be a sith assasin.....his eyes subsequently reverted back to their normal colour.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by gwendy85 Mon 26 Sep 2016, 2:42 pm

panki wrote:
gwendy85 wrote:So Siths eyes turn yellow when they tap into the Dark Side, right? But what about Jedis (specifically Jedis in Training) or Force Sensitives, WITHOUT Sith training, who, in a moment of extremes, suddenly tap into the Dark Side? Is that even possible? And if so, would their eyes turn yellow?

@gwendy85

Quinlan Vos's eyes turned yellow briefly when he found out Asajj Ventress had killed his master in the Dark Disciple novel....this was while he was still a jedi and before Dooku trained him to be a sith assasin.....his eyes subsequently reverted back to their normal colour.
@panki

Oh wow thank you for this info! I absolutely needed this, thank you! So basically Force Sensitives, in moments of rage, can tap into the Dark Side and be consumed enough to have their eyes turn yellow, correct?
gwendy85
gwendy85
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 26 Sep 2016, 2:50 pm

gwendy85 wrote:
panki wrote:

@gwendy85

@panki

Oh wow thank you for this info! I absolutely needed this, thank you! So basically Force Sensitives, in moments of rage, can tap into the Dark Side and be consumed enough to have their eyes turn yellow, correct?
@gwendy85

They haven't explored this too much in canon....but I think a force sensitive has to really immerse themselves in the dark side (even temporarily) for the yellow eyes.....I remember a line in Dark Disciple where Asajj Ventress says that she could touch the dark side of the force but not get immersed in it as a Nightsister (who also use the dark side of the force)....so a force sensitive could use dark side powers but not get the yellow eyes.... it is all about how deep into the dark side a person falls. ROTS is a great example of levels of immersion..... Anakin starts off with normal eyes....then by the time he is killing the separatists, he has yellow eyes.....sees Padme and temporarily has normal eyes....then Obi-wan and back to yellow eyes.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by gwendy85 Mon 26 Sep 2016, 3:12 pm

panki wrote:
gwendy85 wrote:
panki wrote:

@gwendy85

@panki

@gwendy85

They haven't explored this too much in canon....but I think a force sensitive has to really immerse themselves in the dark side (even temporarily) for the yellow eyes.....I remember a line in Dark Disciple where Asajj Ventress says that she could touch the dark side of the force but not get immersed in it as a Nightsister (who also use the dark side of the force)....so a force sensitive could use dark side powers but not get the yellow eyes.... it is all about how deep into the dark side a person falls. ROTS is a great example of levels of immersion..... Anakin starts off with normal eyes....then by the time he is killing the separatists, he has yellow eyes.....sees Padme and temporarily has normal eyes....then Obi-wan and back to yellow eyes.
@panki

Ah, I see. Thank you for this! It's actually for a fic I'm working on. The character in question will be doing a killing after an extremely traumatic event so I guess temporary yellow eyes it is.
gwendy85
gwendy85
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Mon 26 Sep 2016, 3:43 pm

Not only the Dark side can make one who have a piercing bright yellow eyes once they tapped deep into the rage, hatred and thrust for power. It can also suck the color out of your eyes like Asaji Ventress eyes from blue to gray/silver. But still, yellow eyes is the most common to represented those who have a huge potential power that is strongly connected with the DarkSide and their rage
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum