Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahsoka Novel Discussion Thread

+3
Darth Dingbat
SoloSideCousin
Moonjump05
7 posters

Go down

Ahsoka Novel Discussion Thread Empty Ahsoka Novel Discussion Thread

Post by panki Wed 05 Oct 2016, 3:21 pm

A YA novel based on the life of Ahsoka Tano is being released on October 11. It is written by E.K. Johnston and set between her departure from the jedi order and her taking up the role of Fulcrum with the resistance.

Ahsoka Novel Discussion Thread 500?cb=20160715164545

For those who can't wait to find out what happens, someone read the novel early and has posted spoilers online.
Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Ahsoka Novel Discussion Thread Empty Re: Ahsoka Novel Discussion Thread

Post by panki Wed 05 Oct 2016, 3:27 pm

Here are two unfinished clips depicting events that could show up in the novel:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 11 Oct 2016, 3:48 pm

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Tue 11 Oct 2016, 10:30 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:a link to some spoilers in the Ashoka novel

http://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-secrets-of-the-new-star-wars-canon-hidden-in-th-1787645175
@spacebaby45678

It turns out that the reason Ahsoka was able to unite the crew of the Ghost and the clone soldier Rex in Rebels is because she helped him hide. In a flashback in Ahsoka, it’s revealed that they faked his death at her hands. They even created a fake grave for the man and Ahsoka left her old lightsabers at the fake gravesite.

I must read this now
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 12 Oct 2016, 4:00 am

Moonjump05 wrote:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-secrets-of-the-new-star-wars-canon-hidden-in-th-1787645175
@spacebaby45678

It turns out that the reason Ahsoka was able to unite the crew of the Ghost and the clone soldier Rex in Rebels is because she helped him hide. In a flashback in Ahsoka, it’s revealed that they faked his death at her hands. They even created a fake grave for the man and Ahsoka left her old lightsabers at the fake gravesite.

I must read this now
@Moonjump05

I just read the article and I found this bit about kyber crystals intriguing:
Spoiler:

I wonder if any of this would have any bearing on Kylo's messed up lightsaber?  Isn't his crystal supposed to be cracked ... but is it cracked because it was
Spoiler:
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 12 Oct 2016, 4:19 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

I must read this now
@Moonjump05

Spoiler:

I wonder if any of this would have any bearing on Kylo's messed up lightsaber?  Isn't his crystal supposed to be cracked ... but is it cracked because it was
Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

I thought exactly the same thing!!

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 12 Oct 2016, 4:21 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

I must read this now
@Moonjump05

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

Good thinking! Not sure if my reply needs the spoiler tags (probably not), but I'll put them just in case:

Spoiler:
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 12 Oct 2016, 5:14 am

panki wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

I must read this now
@Moonjump05

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 12 Oct 2016, 5:15 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

I must read this now
@Moonjump05

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

Good thinking! Not sure if my reply needs the spoiler tags (probably not), but I'll put them just in case:

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

I agree.  I could also see the color you mentioned happening as well.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 12 Oct 2016, 2:34 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
panki wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

I must read this now
@Moonjump05

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 12 Oct 2016, 2:59 pm

panki wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
panki wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

I must read this now
@Moonjump05

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

Spoiler:
@panki

Oh @panki!!! I am sooooo loving your ideas on the white lightsaber and Rian's salt and pepper shaker Instagram. That would be just like Rian Johnson, not being literal on the surface, but going down another meta level .... and pepper would work. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 13 Oct 2016, 4:57 pm

I am half-way through the Ahsoka novel and it is full of interesting things!!! I'm going to post a list of spoilers once I am done.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 18 Oct 2016, 7:44 am

I'm getting the book on weekend but found this on @nonesuch site:

http://starwarsnonsense.tumblr.com/

That explains why someone's saber can call to unrelated person.

Ahsoka's book can explain why Anakin's lightsaber called Rey [SPOILER] this book makes me wonder if, once the originally-intended person dies, the crystals can later call to someone else. That might be what's happened to Rey with Anakin's lightsaber crystal, and why it calls to her. It chose her. the Crystals chose Rey not because she is a possible Skywalker, but because the Crystals themselves needed to be restored. [1]
[2] The Bespin Blade was a part of some traumatic stuff, the killing of the younglings, then Luke losing his hand. The Crystals needed a new owner

However, we know from rebels that a person doesn't have to die and saber will still call someone else (Kanan saber calling Ezra).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 20 Oct 2016, 3:10 am

"Anakin’s Saber Calling out to Obi Wan!
AHSOKA BOOK SPOILERS

While I doubt this means anything, it’s just something I want to discus.   A lot of people claim that Rey is obviously a Skywalker because the lightsaber called out for her, but it also calls out and haunts Obi Wan on Tatooine.
 "

source: http://kenobody.tumblr.com/post/152021288293/anakins-saber-calling-out-to-obi-wan
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 20 Oct 2016, 3:26 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:"Anakin’s Saber Calling out to Obi Wan!
AHSOKA BOOK SPOILERS

While I doubt this means anything, it’s just something I want to discus.   A lot of people claim that Rey is obviously a Skywalker because the lightsaber called out for her, but it also calls out and haunts Obi Wan on Tatooine.
 "

source: http://kenobody.tumblr.com/post/152021288293/anakins-saber-calling-out-to-obi-wan
@spacebaby45678

The lightsaber doesn't call to Obi-wan. He just looks at the lightsaber in one scene and thinks that this is all that is left of Anakin...that whatever otherwise survived of Anakin is darkness...and he thinks of the other jedi survivors who are trying to find their way in the new order.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 20 Oct 2016, 3:40 am

panki wrote:
AHSOKA BOOK SPOILERS

"

@spacebaby45678

The lightsaber doesn't call to Obi-wan. He just looks at the lightsaber in one scene and thinks that this is all that is left of Anakin...that whatever otherwise survived of Anakin is darkness...and he thinks of the other jedi survivors who are trying to find their way in the new order.
@panki

Ok, I will probably have to read those passages myself
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 20 Oct 2016, 5:18 am

AHSOKA BOOK SPOILERS

"

@spacebaby45678

Kanan's saber explicitly called out to Ezra so it's canon that saber calling out is not due to familial relationship.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 20 Oct 2016, 5:43 am

vaderito wrote:
AHSOKA BOOK SPOILERS

"

@spacebaby45678

Kanan's saber explicitly called out to Ezra so it's canon that saber calling out is not due to familial relationship.
@vaderito

Obi & Anakin are not blood related
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 20 Oct 2016, 5:50 am

@Spacebaby4567 I know. My comment was re: Reywalkers who point out Anakin saber calling to Rey as a proof that she's a Reywalker. No, it's canonical that sabers can call anyone. Plus, considering that they made a big deal out of "it was Luke's and his father's before him", only to reveal later that "that lightsaber, it belongs to [Kylo]", makes me think the call has more to do with the latter than with the former two. Also, that destroys their theory that saber was given to a direct offspring since Kylo isn't. Not to mention that Anakin saber never called out to Luke.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 20 Oct 2016, 3:31 pm

D***, now I am interested in this crystal color topic too. Actually it's not really the colors themselves but the fact that they can change or be made to change that intrigues me. And what I like even more is the idea that a crystal could rebel against the current owner or supposed owner. That Skywalker lightsaber flying by Kylo's nose was a very nice moment. I'd love it if it ends up flying by Rey's nose at one point Very Happy

Amazon does not have the kindle version of the novel *sigh*
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum