Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forces of Destiny web series

+38
special_cases
DeeBee
Riri
californiagirl
rawpowah
lauvamp
Starliteprism
BB-Rey
Man Without A Star
Mana
Reylo Lemon
rey09
Rei of Sunshine
nemapasara
Irina de France
EchoBase
SanghaRen
Birdwoman
panki
SkyStar
spacebaby45678
Cowgirlsamurai
Armadeus
SoloSideCousin
reylo1992
TheLastJedi
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
vaderito
Kessel
CienaRee
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
IoJovi
Piper Maru
ISeeAnIsland
Helix
snufkin
42 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 9 Empty Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by vaderito Mon 02 Oct 2017, 2:47 pm

Irina de France wrote:Okay. So before seeing the episode, I was about to post "Well, the point of FoD is to show SW female characters as heroines who save the day, right?" But before doing that, I went to actually see it.

Jesus, why are TPTB always forgetting he's a runaway Stormtrooper? Like, seriously, what he did with the bomb is probably something I would do because I know nothing Jon Snow, and you *could* argue that for the FO, it's a special unit that takes care of the bombs whenever they end up on ships... but considering those troopers are trained since they're kids, neutralizing a bomb would probably be part of their classes between Sniper Rifles 101 and The Magmatrooper's Guide to Fire Safety.
@Irina de France

Exactly. Like, incompetence with a tool kit was iffy in TFA but this is just indefensible.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 02 Oct 2017, 3:19 pm

vaderito wrote:
Irina de France wrote:Okay. So before seeing the episode, I was about to post "Well, the point of FoD is to show SW female characters as heroines who save the day, right?" But before doing that, I went to actually see it.

Jesus, why are TPTB always forgetting he's a runaway Stormtrooper? Like, seriously, what he did with the bomb is probably something I would do because I know nothing Jon Snow, and you *could* argue that for the FO, it's a special unit that takes care of the bombs whenever they end up on ships... but considering those troopers are trained since they're kids, neutralizing a bomb would probably be part of their classes between Sniper Rifles 101 and The Magmatrooper's Guide to Fire Safety.
@Irina de France

Exactly. Like, incompetence with a tool kit was iffy in TFA but this is just indefensible.
@vaderito

Yeah, that's not a good look for Finn in that short.

That seems to be further proof that Finn's background as a runaway stormtrooper doesn't really match up with his character. I don't think a stormtrooper would just recklessly grab a thing like that like Finn did. What kind of training are they getting?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 02 Oct 2017, 3:26 pm

@Kessel Yep, if he was just a very recent draftee who was plotting how to escape more than paying attention how to be deadly, the character would make sense. But this Child Soldier Doesn't Know Any Other Life yet Acts Nothing Like Such Character is a big problem.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 03 Oct 2017, 10:40 am

And lol that line "We make a good team".
Everyone (even BB-8 the droid) but Finn contributes to removing the tracker.....it was really noticeable and unfair to Finn....
That was probably the worst FoD episode.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 03 Oct 2017, 12:20 pm

The latest one is out....its Yoda teaching Ahsoka in a room that looks a lot like the one in Kanan's vision in Rebels (at the Lothal temple where he is knighted)....

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 9 Star-wars-rebels-jedi-temple-guards-01

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 03 Oct 2017, 12:49 pm

panki wrote:The latest one is out....its Yoda teaching Ahsoka in a room that looks a lot like the one in Kanan's vision in Rebels (at the Lothal temple where he is knighted)....

Forces of Destiny web series - Page 9 Star-wars-rebels-jedi-temple-guards-01
@panki

This one was cute, I love their dynamics.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Tue 03 Oct 2017, 1:34 pm

This episode is the best one along with the very first one with Rey for me Smile Really well done + I am a sucker for lightsabers Very Happy
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 03 Oct 2017, 3:53 pm

Just watched the two episodes. Indeed Finn is again the clown. I really hope TLJ will make use of the character in a smarter way because it’s irritating and not funny at all. There’s actually nothing in that episode that I like. I don’t like Han’s voice, Chewie’s dumb smile when he nods (that does not look like the Chewie of the movies) and the Hail to Super Rey feeling of the episode.

The Ahsoka one is nice. I like her fighting style. I loved the scene when she fought against the seventh sister and fifth brother in SWR. I have zero interest in standalone movies, but an adult Ahsoka one could raise my interest. Would not even have to be a good movie as long as she fights in her unique style Very Happy Indeed the room looks very familiar.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 03 Oct 2017, 4:12 pm

SanghaRen wrote:.
I have zero interest in standalone movies, but an adult Ahsoka one could raise my interest. Would not even have to be a good movie as long as she fights in her unique style Very Happy Indeed the room looks very familiar.
@SanghaRen

I'm in the same boat....would love a standalone Ahsoka movie....and I love the way she uses a lightsaber and shoto instead of a single lightsaber. Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 03 Oct 2017, 4:55 pm

Ahsoka episode was great and one of reasons is that, unlike Rey episodes, she isn't OMG Super Super Super. It seems to me that there's considerable fear to show Rey as less than perfect even though they have no such qualms about other female characters. I think it's because she's ST lead and they think that she has to keep certain unattainable bar while female characters don't since they don't have that level of ambition attached to them.

I have a bad feeling that Super Rey will continue in TLJ. As someone said on another forum, Rey is all set of skills but that's not characterization. Nevertheless, can't wait for fandom whining when she outsmarts and overpowers precious Luke. lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 03 Oct 2017, 4:59 pm

vaderito wrote:Ahsoka episode was great and one of reasons is that, unlike Rey episodes, she isn't OMG Super Super Super. It seems to me that there's considerable fear to show Rey as less than perfect even though they have no such qualms about other female characters. I think it's because she's ST lead and they think that she has to keep certain unattainable bar while female characters don't since they don't have that level of ambition attached to them.

I have a bad feeling that Super Rey will continue in TLJ. As someone said on another forum, Rey is all set of skills but that's not characterization. Nevertheless, can't wait for fandom whining when she outsmarts and overpowers precious Luke. lol!
@vaderito

You bring up an interesting point....in TCW, Ahsoka could easily be considered a lead character...but she was a lot more relateable because despite being strong with the force, she made her fair share of mistakes....and the TCW audience loved her despite those mistakes. I think they could have taken a similar risk with Rey and given her some amount of a natural learning curve in the movie instead of making her Super Rey....which might be cute but not a hero one can identify with.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 03 Oct 2017, 5:03 pm

panki wrote:

You bring up an interesting point....in TCW, Ahsoka could easily be considered a lead character...but she was a lot more relateable because despite being strong with the force, she made her fair share of mistakes....and the TCW audience loved her despite those mistakes. I think they could have taken a similar risk with Rey and given her some amount of a natural learning curve in the movie instead of making her Super Rey....which might be cute but not a hero one can identify with.
@panki

Or likely she was relatable because of mistakes. Mistakes are fine. People only hate plot-forwarding stupidity (such as Finn in FoD).

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 04 Oct 2017, 2:44 pm

vaderito wrote:
panki wrote:

@panki

Or likely she was relatable because of mistakes. Mistakes are fine. People only hate plot-forwarding stupidity (such as Finn in FoD).

@vaderito

I guess we can agree that the episode hit the nail on what was wrong with Rey and Finn in TFA. Hopefully it’s not a sign of it continuing in TLJ, but I have to admit that I have my doubts too. I guess it’s too late to cross our fingers. We can only wait and see. I am actually really happy that Luke is not welcoming her. Go Luke Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 04 Oct 2017, 3:40 pm

SanghaRen wrote:
vaderito wrote:
panki wrote:  

@panki

@vaderito

I guess we can agree that the episode hit the nail on what was wrong with Rey and Finn in TFA. Hopefully it’s not a sign of it continuing in TLJ, but I have to admit that I have my doubts too. I guess it’s too late to cross our fingers. We can only wait and see. I am actually really happy that Luke is not welcoming her. Go Luke Smile
@SanghaRen

Yeah, I agree about Luke. I also started to root for Finn more, lol.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 04 Oct 2017, 4:26 pm

SanghaRen wrote:

@SanghaRen

When you look at it that way, I'm warming up to Luke.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 04 Oct 2017, 4:56 pm

vaderito wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:

@SanghaRen

When you look at it that way, I'm warming up to Luke.

@vaderito

Whoa! I have not been watching these. They are so short that I thought I would save them up ... But I made need to watch this one.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 04 Oct 2017, 6:01 pm

Padme got some combat training Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 05 Oct 2017, 2:31 pm

I'm of two minds about these cartoons. While they may come across as Hanna Barbara-Scooby Doo type quality, they're not really meant for me. And while there are plenty of a**holes complaining in the comments section about how they should be a higher level of animation like the CW, same for them too. It's meant for small children and especially little girls. So unless you're trying to raise them to be animation snobs and the type of fans who are into one-upmanship, who cares. And the toys certainly have made a lot of little kids excited, especially having female heroine action figures, so it's not really our place to judge/critize them. Kind of the same way I tried watching Rebels once, didn't get into it, but I'm also like it's not meant for me and if it makes other fans (adults or children) happy, that's what counts.

That said, too much the easy way out turning it into Finn being a goofball for the sake of the story. While I agree that it's inconsistent for a former child-soldier, I'm not really sure how you could have him be like one of the characters in Beasts of No Nation in the middle of a series aimed at children. My suspicion is that the stories about the early development of the characters, they went with the personas of different actors as a shorthand for the characters. Kira was supposed to be like Kristen Stewart as a tough, doesn't GAF tomboy and Poe was supposed to be like Idris Elba's tough, no-nonsense but humanistic characters like Joe Luther or Stacker Pentecost. Actual casting for those characters instead places some of the character traits on the actors in those roles. However, for Finn, it sounds like they thought of him being like Jesse Plemons (who auditioned and was one of the contenders John Boyega beat out for the role) and especially his role on Friday Night Lights as the good hearted goofball best friend/side kick. That's certainly not Boyega's super confident and charismatic persona, but that's how they kept the character and had him play it. Remains to be seen what will happen with the character in TLJ, but general impression from comments is that there will be a shift and he becomes a more mature, strong, and decisive character. Which again, the franchise tends to lean on the actor's personalities, so probably more what you'd expect from Boyega.

Final thought, if Kylo is rumored to appear in a later installment, how much you guys wanna bet that it will be set during the Ache-to portion of TLJ where he and Rey are stuck together and that there will be Porgs involved?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 05 Oct 2017, 3:13 pm

snufkin wrote:

Final thought, if Kylo is rumored to appear in a later installment, how much you guys wanna bet that it will be set during the Ache-to portion of TLJ where he and Rey are stuck together and that there will be Porgs involved?
@snufkin

Yup. And it'll be some scenario where they're stuck somewhere or trying to do something, and they have to work together as a team. And yes, Porgs will be involved. I'd bet money on it.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 08 Oct 2017, 2:28 pm

I saw that ANH Leia doll somewhere on Internet some days ago and was drooling. Why are you doing this, Hasbro people? I even like the Padme doll except for that strange grey thing in her hair that I would remove right away. So when is Luke coming out? Leia is waiting for her brother.

http://www.starwars.com/news/nycc-2017-the-latest-forces-of-destiny-adventure-figures
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 11 Oct 2017, 8:10 am

Argh, I checked my order on Amazon for the Rey and Kylo dolls and now it says release on January 31st 2018. Then I checked the US Amazon, it says the same. No!!! I cleaned a shelf this WE to prepare for their arrival in 1 month Sad
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 11 Oct 2017, 8:12 am

SanghaRen wrote:Argh, I checked my order on Amazon for the Rey and Kylo dolls and now it says release on January 31st 2018. Then I checked the US Amazon, it says the same. No!!! I cleaned a shelf this WE to prepare for their arrival in 1 month Sad
@SanghaRen

omg, yesterday with all the trailer n sith, I wanted to order the reylo dolls and saw that it was postponed to 2018, but I thought maybe that is only for new orders. Sucks. Sad
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 11 Oct 2017, 9:00 am

SkyStar wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:Argh, I checked my order on Amazon for the Rey and Kylo dolls and now it says release on January 31st 2018. Then I checked the US Amazon, it says the same. No!!! I cleaned a shelf this WE to prepare for their arrival in 1 month Sad
@SanghaRen

omg, yesterday with all the trailer n sith, I wanted to order the reylo dolls and saw that it was postponed to 2018, but I thought maybe that is only for new orders. Sucks. Sad
@SkyStar

I feel like a whiny consumer, the kind that annoys me because they always want everything right away. So I am actually annoying myself Smile But yeah, I am disappointed. For Disney, that means missing the Christmas cashout time! Someone’s gonna get their a** kicked. Unless they push some other dolls first and that’s why they postponed the two, which would be surprising since the TLJ trailer features them heavily.

Your signature is really distracting. I cannot stop staring at the bacta patch going down his throat and think that he probably has a huge bacta patch where Chewie shot him. I have to say that patch idea is cool. No wonder they were hiding it for so long. Sorry, off topic in this thread Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 11 Oct 2017, 9:28 am

SanghaRen wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
@SanghaRen

@SkyStar

I feel like a whiny consumer, the kind that annoys me because they always want everything right away. So I am actually annoying myself Smile But yeah, I am disappointed. For Disney, that means missing the Christmas cashout time! Someone’s gonna get their a** kicked. Unless they push some other dolls first and that’s why they postponed the two, which would be surprising since the TLJ trailer features them heavily.

Your signature is really distracting. I cannot stop staring at the bacta patch going down his throat and think that he probably has a huge bacta patch where Chewie shot him. I have to say that patch idea is cool. No wonder they were hiding it for so long. Sorry, off topic in this thread Smile
@SanghaRen

The bandaid looks is almost a bit clumsy, but somehow also cool at the same time. The eye on the side where he has the scar has a darker under eye circle and that side in the dark has suffered more. I like the look. There is something captivating about him there.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 11 Oct 2017, 9:37 am

@SkyStar

The clumsiness gives the impression that it was a quick patching up because he had to go to battle, healed or not healed. No time to make it more in tone with the skin color. Here, you get the ugly efficient patch and off you go! And you’re right, they were very thorough in showing that this side of the face suffered. That’s the kind of details that give authenticity. Good job, make-up artists!
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next