Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will be the huge TWIST that will change Star Wars FOREVER?

Go down

What will be the huge TWIST that will change Star Wars FOREVER? Empty What will be the huge TWIST that will change Star Wars FOREVER?

Post by EmiBugs Wed 22 Nov 2017, 12:41 pm

Disclaimer: I cannot claim any inside information. I just made these observations a few days ago from the movies that are already out. I just wanted to share my ideas/ thoughts. This is very much a THEORY.

Rian Johnson stated at Celebration that there will be many surprises in TLJ, but now according to the cover of Entertainment Weekly “Prepare for the episode that will change the saga forever.” How could we also forget the article that came out in Japan on TLJ "The most shocking truth in Star Wars history will soon be revealed!"

With that in mind everyone is now wondering what could be a bigger twist than, “No, I am your father.”

While I believe Rey’s parents will be important to provide a sense of closure I don’t think it will be a huge twist. Reylo will obviously be shocking but I don’t believe that’s the main twist either. I don’t even think that what I wrote about Kylo being secretly good is the main twist. Of course all of these will be surprises, I don’t actually think it’s going to be the twist that will change Star Wars forever.

As crazy as this may sound, I’m predicting that it will be revealed by Luke or Snoke that Darth Vader NEVER brought balance to the Force. In fact the other twist that will go along with this is that there was never only one chosen one, but in fact TWO! This is one of the other main reasons why I believe Rey is a Kenobi. There is always a team of a Skywalker and a Kenobi working together in each trilogy. I also want to bring up that Yoda hints that he might have misinterpreted the prophecy of the chosen one. Another question that we should be asking is “How did the force become unbalanced in the first place?”

This is a bit of my head cannon but I’d like to think that a Skywalker ancestor and a Kenobi ancestor were the original two that kept the balance in the Force. Until eventually something went wrong and one of the ancestors (the Skywalker) disappeared and left the other (the Kenobi) alone. Throwing the force off balance. But knowing the Cosmic Force would awaken again to restore its balance through destiny the one that was lost would be reborn. So thinking that the Kenobi line would live on, they would have written the prophesy, so after a millennia the prophecy was misinterpreted as there only being one. The Skywalker who was lost and was found and now Kenobi who was forgotten but needs to be remembered. As if by fate a Skywalker and a Kenobi always end up working together. Here we are to the sequel trilogy with The Last Jedi about to come out with the debate over the title of the movie. We should actually be asking why episode 7 was titled The Force Awakens. In the podcast Rogue Ones they discussed the two different kinds of Force power. The living force and the cosmic force. Living force is the kind given to those who are sensitive and gifted in manipulating it where the cosmic force is a higher form of force power that isn’t manipulated by others but instead connects everyone and everything to their fate and destiny. I believe the title The Force Awakens is not only referring to Rey’s force power awakening but also the cosmic force has awakened once again to throw the Skywalker and the Kenobi back together again to try and restore balance.

Since in my head cannon I explained that the Skywalker line was lost/disappeared and had to be reborn as Anakin and of course now we have Ben Solo. I’m wondering since Obi Wan’s body vanished when he was killed by Darth Vader, if this means Rey is the reborn line of the Kenobi’s. It’s clear that their destinies are intertwined (which is stated in the script of TFA) and of course the databank entries of both Kylo and Rey sharing a strange connection. Of course I’d love Rey to be the granddaughter of Obi Wan, but this is another interesting way that she could be connected to being a Kenobi.

I also want to discuss some of the clues in the TFA trailers that suggest this.

“There has been an awakening, have you felt it.”

“The dark side . . . and the light.”

“The force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power too”

(Rey has the same power, not because she’s part of the Skywalker family but because she from a chosen line as well that has the same level of power, think of her as the partner piece.)

“The force . . . it calls to you.”

It’s confusing for those who are strongly believing Rey is the granddaughter of Obi Wan (because there are mountains of evidence) when there are also pieces telling us that Rey could be no one and her parents weren’t at all special. However, being a Kenobi believer myself this answers how Rey can come from both ordinary parents and being connected to Obi Wan. I was always confused on how Obi Wan disappeared after being cut down by Vader. Yet everyone else in Star Wars dies with their regular body. What happened to Obi Wan’s body?Even Vader seemed confused since he stepped on Obi Wan’s robe. If my head cannon is correct with the idea of the Skywalker disappearing to be reborn as Anakin. Of course the blood line lives on now with Ben and the unfinished business of his grandfather “I will finish what you started.” Now we have Obi Wan who disappeared (maybe because he had no descendants and had to be reborn.) and even said to Vader before he died “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful then you can possibly imagine.” Now we have the rebirth of the Kenobi line through Rey.

Each Generation gets stronger and stronger as the force becomes more determined to make them find one another. Which is why JJ Abrams said “That their meeting is inevitable.”

In fact it seems everything is about fate and destiny when it comes to both Rey and Kylo Ren aka the Kenobi and the Skywalker aka the balance.

It was also stated by General Grievous from the Clone Wars “Prepare to fire all cannons. And be alert. Where there is Kenobi, you will always find Skywalker not far behind.”

Now you could be wondering why did Yoda disappear too? I believe it’s clear that Maz Kanata served as a wise mentor figure for Rey’s journey just as Yoda was a wise mentor for Luke’s journey.

I’m thinking Yoda and Maz are chosen figures of the force who are called to assist the ones chosen with the task to restore balance in the force. I guess you could think of this as a Royal Court where the main two are like king and queen and Maz and Yoda are there chosen advisors.

Yoda was a very old and powerful force user whose wisdom and outlook to Luke’s journey was very clear. When Maz says “through the ages, I have seen evil take many forms. The Sith, The Empire, and today it is the First Order.” It suggests that Maz was there when the Sith rose to power, which would mean Maz is over a Thousand years old considering how old the Sith are. Han also backs this up with saying “She’s run this watering hole for a thousand years.”

It’s also pretty clear that Maz seems to know exactly who Rey is.

Saying “It calls to you!”

“Whoever you are waiting for on Jakku, they are never coming back. . . But there’s someone who still could.”

“The belonging you seek is not behind you. It is ahead.”

“Close your eyes, feel it, the light, it’s always been there. . . It will guide you.”

And of course her lines in the trailers

“The force, it calls to you. Just let it in.”

“I have lived long enough to see the same eyes in different people.”

“I see your eyes, I know your eyes!”

“Hope isn’t lost today, it is found.”

We could conclude that not only does Maz know who Rey is, but she’s aware of her destiny and what she wants deep inside. When Maz is speaking about eyes. It reminds me of the old saying “The eyes are the window to the soul.” I believe that’s one of biggest reasons of why she knows who Rey is. She recognizes/senses the same spirit.

For those who think Rey is a random nobody who can prove she can be a hero, it’s a nice theme, but I don’t buy it. There’s a reason why every character suspects Rey to be someone of significance. There’s a reason to why Rey is sooo powerful in the force. There’s a reason why the filmmakers and cast have kept this a secret for two years. And it speaks volumes that Luke is scared of both Kylo and Rey’s power. All of this means something. Making Rey be a nobody seems very anti climatic, and though it’s a good moral, it wouldn’t make sense for how they’ve set things up.
Whether Rey is the Granddaughter of Obi Wan or is the spiritual rebirth of the Kenobi line (the other chosen one) I’d be happy. But I’m now leaning towards the idea of the spiritual rebirth.

Rey’s parents were most likely ordinary people who had the child who was the chosen rebirth of the other half. If they were aware of this (which I believe they were) they probably knew something or someone was after their child and they would do anything to keep her safe. Leaving her on Jakku as a child alone sounds cruel, but it might have been the only chance/hope for Rey to survive. Mainly since Maz suggests her parents are already dead.

Snoke’s Plan.
I watched a French TV show called Miraculous, The tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir. In this show there are creature guardians called kwami’s that give the user they bond with their powers through an object they wear called ‘The Miraculous’. Among all the Miraculous powers there are two that are more powerful than the rest. They are the earrings of the ladybug (Power of creation) and the ring of the black cat (power of destruction). If both of the Miraculous are joined together it will achieve absolute power and the user could shape reality. Therefore it is important for them to be separated but always work as a team together to keep the balance. Ladybug and Cat Noir in this TV show are considered to be made for each other (like how we believe Kylo and Rey are made for each other.) The power of creation and destruction is similar to how Rey is a symbol of creation (she fixes things) and Kylo Ren in a symbol of destruction (he destroys things.) Both of these powers could be used for either good or evil, but if one has self-mastery they can control it to use their power for the good of all.

I’m strongly believing, as many others right now, that Snoke wants to drain the force power of both Kylo and Rey. (Sort of like a vampire) Vampires have to stay alive by sucking the blood of mortals otherwise they slowly start to deteriorate. With this in mind I’m wondering since Snoke is very ancient and looks to be frail and scarred. Snoke realizes the clock is ticking and his time could be up soon. Rian Johnson stated a while ago that we won’t find out who Snoke is but we will find out his weakness and what he’s afraid of. It could be exactly like Han said “Snoke is using you for your power, when he gets what he wants he’ll crush you.” Now you might be thinking why doesn’t Snoke just drain Kylo Ren completely right now rather than keeping him alive at his side. I believe Snoke has been waiting for Rey to show up, (the other half) and he knew she would eventually turn up since the two chosen one’s are destined to cross paths and come together. If Snoke has the two of them together and drains both at the same time it could mean Snoke will gain absolute power, which is the reason why Snoke is so fascinated by both the dark and the light sides. He has to have both. If he succeeds, Snoke could shape reality to his will and the universe which is unbalanced would stay like that forever.

This is a bit of a side note but because Maz is over a thousand years old, she might have been around during Snoke’s time. This could mean that Snoke is aware of the chosen TWO just like Maz. Perhaps Snoke is somewhat responsible for the disappearance of lost Skywalker ancestor I discussed earlier. Maybe this was his plan in the beginning but only succeeded in the disappearance of one, however because he didn’t have the second his plan backfired leaving him weakened. Since novels have suggested he’s kept a close eye on Ben, he was actually awaiting the arrival of the other (meaning Rey) to complete his Original plan over a Millennia ago.

Those who are reading, what are your thoughts on this subject?

Cosmic force and Living Force discussion source.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zecGT8_AhE8&t=220s

EmiBugs
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down