Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

+88
adamdrivershair
Kylo Rey
AnneNeville
Chained Prometheus
Trach
Xylo Ren
Geralt_Riv
MindAndMagic
motherofpearl1
Mana
Saracene
Aphelionna
californiagirl
Lily Snape
Jozie
rey09
Rimfaxe96
Gemlake
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
AhsokaTano
Casper
KnightsofReylo_2015
Moonlight13
Armadeus
Meomeo
Reylo Lemon
Tex
Moonjump05
AcrosstheStars
Darth Dementor
Starliteprism
Marie Ren
EchoBase
BenRey
Little_Boots
shii405
RKR Connection
Atenais
Teo oswald
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
SkyStar
AceofWands
cherrylipstick
bashfulblueeyes3
Chris24601
ReyofLightSide
Helix
ThereThere
special_cases
Blackcanary
rawpowah
Ynqve
Piper Maru
Birdwoman
Lovely_Rose
nonesuch
reylodownlo
Kessel
Kylo Men
Irina de France
LadyHa
vaderito
reylo1992
RosiePancake
ZioRen
SoloSideCousin
panki
CienaRee
lauvamp
MyOnlyHope
Night Huntress
unicorn
Cowgirlsamurai
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
IoJovi
Rei of Sunshine
SheLitAFire
Darth Rowan
snufkin
DarthRen
tukicarreno
Krafty
MeadowofAshes
92 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by nite0wl29 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:56 am

DarthRen wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
DarthRen wrote:@Darth Rowan

You think there is more to her parents. I think it was pretty clear, she is nobody and needed to let go of her past.

@Rei of Sunshine

Weird way of doing it by having Poe, with whom she later on you know and sort of like running towards the window.
@DarthRen

Definitely weird yes. But I don't see any potential with it... Because if someone were to ask me why Damerey happens in 2019, the only reason I have will be "coz Poe woke up when Rey was tortured but didn't really sense her, and they smiled at each other."

Seems so much better than "they had a telepathic erotic bond and saw each other's future."
@Rei of Sunshine

These scenes or well all of it is for a reason. Wasn't in the movie that line about his ring, giving it to someone, right partner or was it in the novel? I just don't know, maybe overthinking it too much but at this point I don't even know how to get redemption and not killing Kylo. Maybe I don't have much trust in JJ and they do make up stuff as they go, trying to connect it. IMO it would be a very poor choice.
@DarthRen

Rian said he didn't intentionally peal back Kylo's layers to turn him into a bad guy that needs to die. Kylo knew his mistake at the end. It's like what Rose said, it's about saving those we love. Ben will be saved.
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 8:24 am

nite0wl29 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

You think there is more to her parents. I think it was pretty clear, she is nobody and needed to let go of her past.

@Rei of Sunshine

Weird way of doing it by having Poe, with whom she later on you know and sort of like running towards the window.
@DarthRen

Definitely weird yes. But I don't see any potential with it... Because if someone were to ask me why Damerey happens in 2019, the only reason I have will be "coz Poe woke up when Rey was tortured but didn't really sense her, and they smiled at each other."

Seems so much better than "they had a telepathic erotic bond and saw each other's future."
@Rei of Sunshine

These scenes or well all of it is for a reason. Wasn't in the movie that line about his ring, giving it to someone, right partner or was it in the novel? I just don't know, maybe overthinking it too much but at this point I don't even know how to get redemption and not killing Kylo. Maybe I don't have much trust in JJ and they do make up stuff as they go, trying to connect it. IMO it would be a very poor choice.
@DarthRen

Rian said he didn't intentionally peal back Kylo's layers to turn him into a bad guy that needs to die. Kylo knew his mistake at the end. It's like what Rose said, it's about saving those we love. Ben will be saved.
@nite0wl29

Rian was talking about TLJ and his views, JJ could have a different view on this and we know they do stuff as they go to a certain degree.

Only Ben can save himself, pretty clearly shown. Family love, romantic love couldn't save him, he has to want it.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 8:41 am

I just think some are really overthinking this. I get a lot of you have been here since the beginning, and have a lot invested in this couple. But I have faith that JJ will give them the happy ending that they deserve. This whole time it's been about balance...BALANCE and INTERTWINED DESTINIES. Where's the "intertwined" part if Kylo is killed? Where's the "balance"? We're right back to square one and the saga will just keep repeating itself over...and over...and over. This is the romantic drama. They still have the force bond. To overthink any of this is really unnecessary. IMHO, but whatever...

If anything, the third wheel here in a love triangle (if there is any) would be Kylo Ren, because Rey is in love with Ben Solo.
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:39 am

Meomeo wrote:Yeap. I am afraid they’re going to kill Kylo in Episode 9 and keep Poe as a potential love interest for Rey. They might not go full romance but they can let it open as just friends after Reylo storyline is done. So in the several years later when they shoot another triology about characters related to Rey, they can dig up the whole Rey and Poe again. I don’t like this at all but given that the whole SW universe will move on without Skywalker family, I guess this is what they want? Like a new generation of heroes and children of Jedi who aren’t related to Skywalker family.
@Meomeo

It kinda feels this way when I think about it. But no Skywalkers = uncertain future.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:41 am

nite0wl29 wrote:I just think some are really overthinking this. I get a lot of you have been here since the beginning, and have a lot invested in this couple. But I have faith that JJ will give them the happy ending that they deserve. This whole time it's been about balance...BALANCE and INTERTWINED DESTINIES. Where's the "intertwined" part if Kylo is killed? Where's the "balance"? We're right back to square one and the saga will just keep repeating itself over...and over...and over. This is the romantic drama. They still have the force bond. To overthink any of this is really unnecessary. IMHO, but whatever...

If anything, the third wheel here in a love triangle (if there is any) would be Kylo Ren, because Rey is in love with Ben Solo.
@nite0wl29

Thank God it's JJ at the healm.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:52 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:
nite0wl29 wrote:I just think some are really overthinking this. I get a lot of you have been here since the beginning, and have a lot invested in this couple. But I have faith that JJ will give them the happy ending that they deserve. This whole time it's been about balance...BALANCE and INTERTWINED DESTINIES. Where's the "intertwined" part if Kylo is killed? Where's the "balance"? We're right back to square one and the saga will just keep repeating itself over...and over...and over. This is the romantic drama. They still have the force bond. To overthink any of this is really unnecessary. IMHO, but whatever...

@nite0wl29

Thank God it's JJ at the healm.
@MeadowofAshes

That makes me mor nervous than calm. I don't want too much nostalgia like TFA and not too many plotholes like TLJ. He might play it safe, if is resume is anything to go by.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:53 am

@nite0wl29

Gotta say I agree with the bolded Razz

Sure, things might seem a bit bleak now, but that's the nature of the Second Act. ESB was shockingly bleak when it came out (many fans were confused by that film when it first came and it's delving into darker aspects of the characters' psyches). In the words of Lawrence Kasdan, the Second Act of a play is where 'everything goes to hell.'

The Third Act is where we get the climax - the explosion of all the tension that's been building up through the first and second acts.

I, for one, am really excited about where the story can go from here. The possibilities are limitless.

And, remember: 'the night is darkest before the dawn.'
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:04 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@DarthRen

@Rei of Sunshine

I agree 100% with this. Besides, it’s boring and ain’t nobody got time for that.

By the way, someone mentioned they might kill off Kylo Ren because they are done with the Skywalkers - no way, IMO. Kylo Ren’s stock just went way up as the last Skywalker. Just because Rian’s trilogy (which ironically I am now giving side eye) is not about the Skywalkers doesn’t mean there won’t be any more of them in the future. It’s just that the Skywalker saga is special, and a generational thing, as @AceofWands says. Our children can take our grandchildren to the movies to introduce them to Star Wars through the next installment of the Skywalker family drama, which will hopefully be Rey and Kylo Ren’s children. Such is the natural order of things, IMO. u_u

Also what is with everything being Italicized in this thread?? Is this just me or is everyone else seeing that as well?
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:06 am

@nite0wl29

Yes positive thinking! I need it!
They can be different directors and they obviously can change some details during the creative process, but I really think and hope that when they decided to do this new trilogy they had a clear story in mind.
And I don't think that they will change it only because of public reactions. And anyway I think that now more than ever Reylo in pretty accepted and popular. They have built this romantic drama that now is really sad and complicated, yes, but we already had a unfortunate love story in the past trilogy. Now I hope that they will start from this complicated and contrasted love affair to get to a happy, satisfying, hopeful ending.
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:10 am

Armadeus wrote:

@nite0wl29

Sure, things might seem a bit bleak now, but that's the nature of the Second Act. ESB was shockingly bleak when it came out (many fans were confused by that film when it first came and it's delving into darker aspects of the characters' psyches). In the words of Lawrence Kasdan, the Second Act of a play is where 'everything goes to hell.'

The Third Act is where we get the climax - the explosion of all the tension that's been building up through the first and second acts.

I, for one, am really excited about where the story can go from here. The possibilities are limitless.

@Armadeus

"First comes the day
Then comes the night.
After the darkness
Shines through the light.
The difference, they say,
Is only made right

By the resolving of gray
Through refined Jedi sight."
―Journal of the Whills, 7:477
We have our darkness, the light rose to meet it. Which I believe that moment in the throne room when Rey and Kylo were both pulling at the Skywalker lightsaber was showing that Rey and Kylo are equals, whereas in TFA it was clearly shown that Rey overpowered Kylo to its connection. Now we just need the last half of the Journal's quote to come into play. Which will be in Episode 9
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:51 am

cherrylipstick wrote:

@nite0wl29

They can be different directors and they obviously can change some details during the creative process, but I really think and hope that when they decided to do this new trilogy they had a clear story in mind.
And I don't think that they will change it only because of public reactions. And anyway I think that now more than ever Reylo in pretty accepted and popular. They have built this romantic drama that now is really sad and complicated, yes, but we already had a unfortunate love story in the past trilogy. Now I hope that they will start from this complicated and contrasted love affair to get to a happy, satisfying, hopeful ending.
@cherrylipstick

From my side, I still think that Reylo was always meant to be in their mind. Now, I was disturbed by TLJ partly because it gave me the feeling that they don't know really where they go. For me, the fact that Rian got rid of Snoke, revealing absolutely anything about his background makes me suspect that they didn't figure out who he really was and that he became a problematic character for them. But at least, Rian didn't lie to the audience on one point: he made a big mess and J.J. will have to put the disparate pieces alltogether.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:05 am

cherrylipstick wrote:

@nite0wl29

@cherrylipstick

Absolutely agreed! To say that Poe will be this "third wheel" is, IMO, a senseless thought that people are instilling in their minds after Rian had built up these romantic scenes between Reylo. Why, because her and Poe shared a quick friendly smile? Jeeze, if that's the case we're back to FinnRey again. Even Finn didn't get as far with Rey as Kylo did.  And saying that Kylo has to have a tragic ending because there's no other way to reeem himself, and that's how Vader had to be redeemed? Vader was all machine and needed that life support to live, without it he would've been dead a long time before RotJ. So yea, he was fried by intercepting Palpatine's force lightning. If we wanna go back that route, then we are no better than saying that Rey and Kylo are siblings because that's how it was in the OT. And now even Mark confirms that there's romantic (sexual tension) between the two and Adam playing kissy kissy with Colbert with Reylo dolls. Come on guys!! The up and down of emotions in here is exhausting Laughing We practically had Reylo fed to us in some amazing scenes in this movie and all we can think about is the negative outcome. I'm seriously contemplating just staying away from this part of the forum for awhile. No offense, but come on...
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ReyofLightSide Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:34 am

Armadeus wrote:

@nite0wl29

@Armadeus

Agree with this! I am still on board. Just as I had faith Reylo would happen at all, I have faith they will end up together and he will live. He may "die" and then we get the Kiss of Life but they will be together. JJ will have quite the challenge for redemption so I wonder if we will get Kylo trying to sacrifice himself?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:37 am

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 12 UTJ0l4Kl

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 12 Jj0RKykl

Concept Art
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:59 am

Meomeo wrote:Yeap. I am afraid they’re going to kill Kylo in Episode 9 and keep Poe as a potential love interest for Rey. They might not go full romance but they can let it open as just friends after Reylo storyline is done. So in the several years later when they shoot another triology about characters related to Rey, they can dig up the whole Rey and Poe again. I don’t like this at all but given that the whole SW universe will move on without Skywalker family, I guess this is what they want? Like a new generation of heroes and children of Jedi who aren’t related to Skywalker family.
@Meomeo

Ask yourself why Kylo and rey have this bond if they are enemies? why do they see their futures? why are they so connected? why is the film focused on them? they do not have family ties, so why?

because they are a damned couple Smile, they are two souls with a bad past that are falling in love in the middle of a war and the worst thing is that one of them is the boss.

If kylo dies, what happens to Rey? what is her destiny?
the creators have been clear: intertwined destinies, the path of rey goes alongside that of kylo.
  the worst case scenario is that they both die. but what do they give to the children? remember that star wars is a film for children, teenagers. Do not worry and have faith Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:14 pm

What kills me is that it was this easy to get people from the GA on board with Reylo.

This. Easy.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:17 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:What kills me is that it was this easy to get people from the GA on board with Reylo.

This. Easy.
@Darth Dingbat

Everyone loves Ben now. Everyone. By the time we get past the Uncle Luke sith to Renperor, no one blames him.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:18 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:What kills me is that it was this easy to get people from the GA on board with Reylo.

This. Easy.
@Darth Dingbat

And not like asked for a lot, didn't we? Now people not comfortable and even antis have legit arguments. Why not making it really acceptable for everyone, unless it's not your intention. I had the impression that they really want to build it, I still sort of do.

Last edited by DarthRen on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:18 pm

This. Easy.
@Darth Dingbat

For sure. The idea of Reylo was never as scandalous or reprehensible as the antis tried to make it appear.

Sometimes, I think we hyper focuson negative attention because we are so invested in the outcome, but the few (but loud) antis on the internet never represented the majority of the public.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:27 pm

Teo oswald wrote:
@Meomeo

Ask yourself why Kylo and rey have this bond if they are enemies? why do they see their futures? why are they so connected? why is the film focused on them? they do not have family ties, so why?

because they are a damned couple Smile, they are two souls with a bad past that are falling in love in the middle of a war and the worst thing is that one of them is the boss.

If kylo dies, what happens to Rey? what is her destiny?
the creators have been clear: intertwined destinies, the path of rey goes alongside that of kylo.
  the worst case scenario is that they both die. but what do they give to the children? remember that star wars is a film for children, teenagers. Do not worry and have faith Smile
@Teo oswald

Intertwined destinies could be anything. Definitely not both dying because KK comments, Kylo could die, he could live alone and balancing the darkness, she might come around to rule with him. I don't know, my head is spinnng like a twister. Kylo's arc and ate is what raise stakes, it's basically a trilogy about him to a certain degree.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:28 pm

What's kind of killing me are Rian's words that he wanted to have a romance in the story, but the characters weren't there yet (I'm paraphrasing). We all know he was obviously talking about Reylo.

Now I kind of wish it had been a more blatant romance (i.e. a kiss). They still could have ended on opposite sides, but have something more definitive happen between them. Something concrete in everyone's minds establishing Reylo as a sure thing that antis couldn't deny. Something to keep us (and Kylo) warm during this cold long wait until Episode IX...

Now we just have to hope JJ picks it up properly and doesn't get sidetracked with all the loose ends. Ugh.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:39 pm

This is what JJ said:
As far as Abrams is concerned, that will be the end of the Skywalker story. “I do see it that way,” he says. “But the future is in flux.”
In my opinion, this means there must be a Skywalker who's still alive by the end of this trilogy in case they want to make another movie focusing on them in the future, and we know Kylo is the last one.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:41 pm

This. Easy.
@Darth Dingbat

I'll say it's just our perspective. Despite ourselves we have been intoxicated constantly during 2 past years by the people that shall not be named.

When I noticed Reylo in TFA I didn't think it's something weird or unnatural. Until I started searching the internet.

You know the rest.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:49 pm

nite0wl29 wrote:
@cherrylipstick

Absolutely agreed! To say that Poe will be this "third wheel" is, IMO, a senseless thought that people are instilling in their minds after Rian had built up these romantic scenes between Reylo. Why, because her and Poe shared a quick friendly smile? Jeeze, if that's the case we're back to FinnRey again. Even Finn didn't get as far with Rey as Kylo did.  And saying that Kylo has to have a tragic ending because there's no other way to reeem himself, and that's how Vader had to be redeemed? Vader was all machine and needed that life support to live, without it he would've been dead a long time before RotJ. So yea, he was fried by intercepting Palpatine's force lightning. If we wanna go back that route, then we are no better than saying that Rey and Kylo are siblings because that's how it was in the OT. And now even Mark confirms that there's romantic (sexual tension) between the two and Adam playing kissy kissy with Colbert with Reylo dolls. Come on guys!! The up and down of emotions in here is exhausting Laughing We practically had Reylo fed to us in some amazing scenes in this movie and all we can think about is the negative outcome. I'm seriously contemplating just staying away from this part of the forum for awhile. No offense, but come on...
@nite0wl29

Yes! Right now we should celebrate, we were right!!!

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 12 Giphy-12
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next