Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

+88
adamdrivershair
Kylo Rey
AnneNeville
Chained Prometheus
Trach
Xylo Ren
Geralt_Riv
MindAndMagic
motherofpearl1
Mana
Saracene
Aphelionna
californiagirl
Lily Snape
Jozie
rey09
Rimfaxe96
Gemlake
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
AhsokaTano
Casper
KnightsofReylo_2015
Moonlight13
Armadeus
Meomeo
Reylo Lemon
Tex
Moonjump05
AcrosstheStars
Darth Dementor
Starliteprism
Marie Ren
EchoBase
BenRey
Little_Boots
shii405
RKR Connection
Atenais
Teo oswald
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
SkyStar
AceofWands
cherrylipstick
bashfulblueeyes3
Chris24601
ReyofLightSide
Helix
ThereThere
special_cases
Blackcanary
rawpowah
Ynqve
Piper Maru
Birdwoman
Lovely_Rose
nonesuch
reylodownlo
Kessel
Kylo Men
Irina de France
LadyHa
vaderito
reylo1992
RosiePancake
ZioRen
SoloSideCousin
panki
CienaRee
lauvamp
MyOnlyHope
Night Huntress
unicorn
Cowgirlsamurai
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
IoJovi
Rei of Sunshine
SheLitAFire
Darth Rowan
snufkin
DarthRen
tukicarreno
Krafty
MeadowofAshes
92 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by Chained Prometheus Tue 19 Dec 2017, 1:47 am

Moonjump05 wrote:
Chained Prometheus wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:I just got off the phone with an old friend who is type who many would assume is a stereotypical fanboy. But he was surprisingly on board with my postulation that SW is a fairy tale - specifically Beauty and the Beast (I re-read @frocklingfizzgig ‘s meta about Reylo being canon today.) We also talked about the notion of balance. He was concerned they wouldn’t have the time to redeem Ben in one movie, but I pointed out that they do the entire B&tB story in one movie all the time.
He also agreed that the scenes with Rey and Ben were decidedly not a sibling or familial in nature.
I’m relieved that he (my friend) saw it that way after I got the message that someone actually told my podcast partner that he saw the connection between Rey and Ben as “sibling-like.”
My response to the latter was: “Bless his heart; he couldn’t empty a boot with directions on the heel.”
@PalmettoBlue

I'm a bit new here, so I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find the exact meta essay you're referring to here. I'd love to read it, if anyone's willing to provide a link?

And yeah, I'm very curious to see how JJ decides to culminate the ongoing fairy tale-themed subplot between Rey and Ben in Episode IX!! Very Happy  Which incarnation of the "Death & The Maiden" archetype will their resolution most resemble? Beauty & The Beast, Hades & Persephone?
@Chained Prometheus

I think they are talking about this:
https://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/post/141585160870/the-hero-the-villain-and-the-modern-fairytale

We have an archived meta thread somewhere...
Edit: here you go
http://reylo.skyforum.net/t1-sw-sequel-trilogy-metas
@Moonjump05

Ah, perfect! Thank you very much for the links! Just finished reading @frolickingfizzgig 's meta essay and loved it!
Chained Prometheus
Chained Prometheus
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by Saracene Tue 19 Dec 2017, 2:00 am

So TLJ is a good reminder to never put any faith in the journalists' own personal interpretations, like that guy who proclaimed that Kylo haaaaates the dirty garbage picker girl Rolling Eyes

Not to say that it couldn't have gone that way, but it's really remarkable how much Kylo doesn't hate Rey after everything that happened in TFA. Even after that humiliating dressing-down by Snoke that had to sting like hell, none of Kylo's anger and frustration got transferred onto Rey even though she was the cause of it.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 19 Dec 2017, 2:59 am

Saracene wrote:So TLJ is a good reminder to never put any faith in the journalists' own personal interpretations, like that guy who proclaimed that Kylo haaaaates the dirty garbage picker girl Rolling Eyes

Not to say that it couldn't have gone that way, but it's really remarkable how much Kylo doesn't hate Rey after everything that happened in TFA. Even after that humiliating dressing-down by Snoke that had to sting like hell, none of Kylo's anger and frustration got transferred onto Rey even though she was the cause of it.
@Saracene

That he hates the garbage picker is true from a certain POV, in the end at least Wink
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 19 Dec 2017, 3:45 am

Saracene wrote:So TLJ is a good reminder to never put any faith in the journalists' own personal interpretations, like that guy who proclaimed that Kylo haaaaates the dirty garbage picker girl Rolling Eyes

@Saracene

Oh, don't tell.

lol!

***starts shaking at any reminder of the VF SITHSTORM***
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 19 Dec 2017, 4:29 am

Tex wrote:
rey09 wrote:  
omg that interview is gold!

The evolution of Rey’s relationship with Kylo Ren takes an intense and pivotal turn in “The Last Jedi.” We learn that Supreme Leader Snoke has linked them through the Force, as if he were connecting a call at a switchboard — an idea thematically mirrored in Poe’s “bad connection” scene with Hux earlier in the film. Where did that idea originate?

It was always through the demands of the story. With the Force connections between Rey and Kylo I thought, “OK, I need to get these two talking. But if I put them face to face they’re going to either fight, or one of them has to be tied up” — loll this reminds me of when Kit Harrington said if Jon and Dany ever met they would fight or f***
Well, they could also make out …

They could also make out! I’m going to give you a spinoff movie …
RIAN!!! CRUEL!! 

Please explain the dramatic necessity of giving Kylo Ren a shirtless scene.

At the premiere I heard somebody in the balcony say, “Yesssss!” You can see Adam was training hardcore throughout the whole process. It’s fun but it also has a specific purpose, which is the increasing feeling of uncomfortable intimacy. That was sticking with the theme of trying to give Rey the hardest thing you could possibly give her, which would be unavoidable intimate conversation with this person that she wants to just hate. This was just one more way of upping that ante.
@rey09

I'm not going to make it to the new year at this rate. Rian joking about a Reylo spinoff movie where they make out a bunch. Shocked Guess we know what that new trilogy Rian's working on is all about lol.  Also Adam asking if Kylo has ever kissed a girl. Oh Lord someone call an ambulance Stretcher
@Tex
You have to make it to at least the end of December 2019. :-p tongue
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by cherrylipstick Tue 19 Dec 2017, 6:07 am

RosiePancake wrote:I Just saw these comedy gems.  lol!  lol!  lol!  those fanboys  lol!

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 30 Tumblr_p17fchZC8g1umr8p7o1_540
Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 30 Tumblr_p17fchZC8g1umr8p7o2_540
@RosiePancake

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 30 Giphy-13

Omg... ok.
I've just read a comment made by a fanboyguy that made me laugh. He thinks that all the pg fight was fake and arranged by Snoke himself, because it was the only way to create the new powerful and evil Vader. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Tue 19 Dec 2017, 6:17 am

shii405 wrote:I am sensing modern AU Reylo rom-com, a film by Rian Johnson, is coming!!! Or I dunno... Reylo SNL skits acted by Adam-Daisy will also be gold for me!! You know... skits where Kylo skype-calling Rey non-stop or Rey accidentally find Kylo's poems about her lol!
@shii405

Yes! Rian ends up casting Adam and Daisy in another project down the line. A modern rom-com or romantic drama that's R rated Twisted Evil Do it Rian! You know these two have crazy amounts of chemistry.

@starliteprism

Pulling myself off the floor now. A glass of antis tears should sustain me Wink

*Goes and reads the old VF article about Reylos and their fanfiction fantasies. Twisted Evil Queue maniacal laughter
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Tue 19 Dec 2017, 7:20 am

Tex wrote:
shii405 wrote:I am sensing modern AU Reylo rom-com, a film by Rian Johnson, is coming!!! Or I dunno... Reylo SNL skits acted by Adam-Daisy will also be gold for me!! You know... skits where Kylo skype-calling Rey non-stop or Rey accidentally find Kylo's poems about her lol!
@shii405

Yes! Rian ends up casting Adam and Daisy in another project down the line. A modern rom-com or romantic drama that's R rated Twisted Evil Do it Rian! You know these two have crazy amounts of chemistry.
@Tex

Sorry, I've put this somewhere else too, but since we're discussing this rom com movie, then here's a treat for you.

http://pixelrey.tumblr.com/post/168637132995/star-wars-episode-9-ben-decides-to-serenade-rey
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 19 Dec 2017, 7:30 am

I was thinking the other day that I would have liked to see Daisy and Adam as Padme and Anakin in a *good* version of the prequels.

It's funny, if you showed me separate photos of Adam and Daisy I'd probably never see them as a natural romantic couple. Put them together though and boom chemistry baby.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 19 Dec 2017, 7:42 am

snufkin wrote:@MeadowofAshes - JJ being back means I'm hoping he recycles the "Benjamin has a crush on you!" gag from Felicity.
@snufkin omg...I was JUST watching these scenes from Felicity. Guys...we will be OK. 
JJ wrote the last 2 episodes of season 1. Episode 21 (called "the Force"!!!) shows Ben and Felicity's almost kiss (reminds me of elevator scene)=. And 22 shows their first kiss forreals. Ben is trying to convince Felicity to go on this random road trip and she's hesitant (sounds familiar...) 

The kiss- 

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Tue 19 Dec 2017, 8:07 am

I am not even joking, I think Rian lurked here. Isn't this the largest Reylo board?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:07 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:I am not even joking, I think Rian lurked here. Isn't this the largest Reylo board?
@ReyofLightSide

It is and I hope he did. Twisted Evil

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:11 am

I wish I'd known about the board sooner. I'd have shown up in July instead of October!
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:13 am

rey09 wrote:
snufkin wrote:@MeadowofAshes - JJ being back means I'm hoping he recycles the "Benjamin has a crush on you!" gag from Felicity.
@snufkin omg...I was JUST watching these scenes from Felicity. Guys...we will be OK. 
JJ wrote the last 2 episodes of season 1. Episode 21 (called "the Force"!!!) shows Ben and Felicity's almost kiss (reminds me of elevator scene)=. And 22 shows their first kiss forreals. Ben is trying to convince Felicity to go on this random road trip and she's hesitant (sounds familiar...) 

The kiss- 

@rey09

OMG I watched all the seasons, I loved this couple and BEN. Please J.J.....
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:20 am

I can't believe Rian is discussing this in mainstream media. What a time to be alive!
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:27 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:I am not even joking, I think Rian lurked here. Isn't this the largest Reylo board?
@ReyofLightSide

@MeadowofAshes

I believe that he, himself, has probably visited here. And, even more so, I think that Disney/LF/Kathleen probably has people working in their social media/marketing dept that have visited this forum. And I wouldn't be surprised if they have accounts registered here. Honestly. We have quite a few members who are very quiet observers. Disney/LF monitor the public's reactions pretty closely. I bet the night the trailer dropped they had so many employees checking out twitter, facebook, tumblr, reddit, fan forums to see the reactions.
Are there other Reylo boards/forums? I thought we were the only one. And everyone else is just on tumblr since that's a big gathering space for Reylos.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:45 am

SheLitAFire wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@MeadowofAshes

I believe that he, himself, has probably visited here. And, even more so, I think that Disney/LF/Kathleen probably has people working in their social media/marketing dept that have visited this forum. And I wouldn't be surprised if they have accounts registered here. Honestly. We have quite a few members who are very quiet observers. Disney/LF monitor the public's reactions pretty closely. I bet the night the trailer dropped they had so many employees checking out twitter, facebook, tumblr, reddit, fan forums to see the reactions.
Are there other Reylo boards/forums? I thought we were the only one. And everyone else is just on tumblr since that's a big gathering space for Reylos.
@SheLitAFire

To my knowledge we are the only Reylo forum.

I know Disney definitely became aware of Star Wars Connection back in summer 2016 when we nailed their story. LOL.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:46 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@MeadowofAshes

@SheLitAFire

I know Disney definitely became aware of Star Wars Connection back in summer 2016 when we nailed their story. LOL.
@MeadowofAshes

Lol was that when they took down the Adam and Eve video because of a copyrighted plant picture?

We spoiled their story!
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:49 am

Xylo Ren wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@MeadowofAshes

@SheLitAFire

@MeadowofAshes

Lol was that when they took down the Adam and Eve video because of a copyrighted plant picture?

We spoiled their story!
@Xylo Ren

They took it down multiple times for the copyrighted plant, a copyrighted black sceen, and something else random, I forget. They finally gave up though. We're a small pocket of fandom and I guess they decided to let it go. I'll never know how we finally pushed the finished product through. I think they legit gave up.

And look at us now. An Adam and Eve and the real snake Snoke and Angry God Luke later...

Last edited by MeadowofAshes on Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:50 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@MeadowofAshes

@SheLitAFire

@MeadowofAshes

We spoiled their story!
@Xylo Ren

They took it down multiple times for the copyrighted plant, a copyrighted black sceen, and something else random, I forget. They finally gave up though. We're a small pocket of fandom and I guess they decided to let it go. I'll never know how we finally pushed the finished product through. I think they legit gave up.
@MeadowofAshes

ohhhh whhhaatttt? I didn't know about that! lol
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:53 am

SheLitAFire wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@MeadowofAshes

@SheLitAFire

@MeadowofAshes

We spoiled their story!
@Xylo Ren

@MeadowofAshes

ohhhh whhhaatttt? I didn't know about that! lol
@SheLitAFire

We sortof kept it on the DL then. Our video kept getting taken down and we didn't want the whole channel to get shut down.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:56 am

long thread of responses:
@MeadowofAshes

and that was before I was a member of this board. I was a just lonely Reylo, all by myself, just sitting and reading Reylo fanfiction lol
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 19 Dec 2017, 10:03 am

LOL, Disney blocking Rey and Kylo as Adam and Eve video was one of those iconic WTF moments on this forum. Good times.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Tue 19 Dec 2017, 10:04 am

@vaderito Can you believe that was nearly a year and a half ago? Shocked

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next