Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi General Discussion

+72
Kyla Ren
Darth Rowan
RealAnise
ladyMxx
Mila Lazarus
DeeBee
guardienne
Sad Man
Man Without A Star
SW_Heroine_Journey
LadyGaufrette
KiraRen2015
Riri
loversinthestorm
Atenais
giaciak2
Lily Snape
Armadeus
IoJovi
SanghaRen
rey09
bashfulblueeyes3
kroi
GiGiMarie
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
Tex
followmylead-kylodriver
Mila95
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
SheLitAFire
Helix
MindAndMagic
lauvamp
EchoBase
unicorn
Darth_marshmallow
vaderito
Saracene
Good-olio Raeh
SkyStar
AhsokaTano
12 Parsnips
Moonlight13
tukicarreno
PrincessPorg
Ramblingrose
Starliteprism
Darth_Awakened
californiagirl
twilekempire
Birdwoman
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
special_cases
rawpowah
Night Huntress
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Dar-ren19
snufkin
Teo oswald
Cowgirlsamurai
Kylo Rey
motherofpearl1
76 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by ZioRen Thu 29 Mar 2018, 1:38 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Huh, for some reason that slipped my mind. It is odd that there are so many bodies, then. I don't see any way the students Kylo took with him AREN'T the Knights of Ren. It would be sort of bizarre to include that otherwise. Laughing
@ZioRen

Though with all those bodies, I think that the "ganged up on him" possibility comes more into play. It might make sense for only a few of them to distrust Luke that much. And if they were plants, those three might have done a lot of the damage. After all this humanizing of Kylo/Ben in TLJ, they are going to keep going with that, not turn him into Anakin after all.
@SoloSideCousin

Yeah, I think it's worthy to note that all those bodies seem to be right around where Luke recently emerged. If Ben went on a rampage and ran around massacring everyone where they stood/slept like some people still think, why are they all located right in that one area? Looks more like they heard the commotion from him collapsing the hut on Luke and went to HIM, which could easily mean a fight broke out that wasn't necessarily instigated by Ben.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by Starliteprism Thu 29 Mar 2018, 3:07 pm

@Moonlight13

Makes me think(loosely) of Strange Magic's Bog King's mother, who was labeled as the matchmaker. :-p

Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 29 Mar 2018, 3:13 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:This person counts nine bodies. Maybe Kylo only ran off with a few, and the other KoR were recruited  scratch

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 8 1883f810
@Cowgirlsamurai

nine students on the ground but Luke said twelve students so the KOR are three? Shocked uhm...... this is strange
@Teo oswald

Did Luke say he had only 12 students? I don't remember that.
@ZioRen

Luke said : I took him and a dozen students . in Italian he clearly says this : io lo presi , lui e dodici studenti - I took him , he and twelve students. Smile

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 29 Mar 2018, 3:15 pm

@Starliteprism

ahaha yeah Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 29 Mar 2018, 3:34 pm

Teo oswald wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:This person counts nine bodies. Maybe Kylo only ran off with a few, and the other KoR were recruited  scratch

@Cowgirlsamurai

nine students on the ground but Luke said twelve students so the KOR are three? Shocked uhm...... this is strange
@Teo oswald

I still find the whole temple incident really weird. For one thing, we still don't have Ben's story about what happened after he collapsed the hut. Secondly, Ben supposedly took "a handful" of students (apparently only 2 or 3, as pointed out above) with him. And slaughtered the rest.

And how does Luke know this? He was buried under a pile of rubble and presumably unconscious at the time. It all seems very fishy to me.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 29 Mar 2018, 3:44 pm

@12 Parsnips

when he came out of the rubble he saw the damage Ben caused, he saw the dead bodies of his students, he had twelve, the bodies on the ground are nine, he thought the others would go with Ben. Maybe he looked for them. We will never know what happened until we get the next movie
we can make speculations and theories. In any case, I do not find it difficult to imagine Ben Solo killing his companions, setting fire and convincing the rest to join him. He is powerful in strength, perhaps he was admired by everyone and feared by everyone as a nephew of a legend Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 29 Mar 2018, 3:50 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Teo oswald

I still find the whole temple incident really weird. For one thing, we still don't have Ben's story about what happened after he collapsed the hut. Secondly, Ben supposedly took "a handful" of students (apparently only 2 or 3, as pointed out above) with him. And slaughtered the rest.

And how does Luke know this? He was buried under a pile of rubble and presumably unconscious at the time. It all seems very fishy to me.
@12 Parsnips

Yea, I have also speculated that it really wasn't Ben that killed those students, unless it was the case that some were not really students, but people with hidden agendas/connections with Snoke. Maybe in TFA, when Rey was experiencing forcebacks and forewards, Ben Solo/Kylo Ren was stabbing one of the knights that maybe was there to pick up Ben, but went OTT and killed the students.

And maybe, in the process of killing the knight, could have been his first official kill, would be super emotional of an event for anyone, and somehow Rey and Ben did see one another, but a similar concept to the World Between Worlds on Star Wars: Rebels, like a portal seeing into an event happening, like echoes oscillating through time. This could be another angle into Kylo knowing about a girl, as he had seen her before, but the two actually never met on the same plane.

Hard to say, but thought does cross my mind.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 29 Mar 2018, 3:51 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

nine students on the ground  but Luke said twelve students  so the KOR are three? Shocked  uhm...... this is strange
@Teo oswald

@12 Parsnips

Right. That is where they are leaving the door open for further explanation. Luke was unconscious when this all went down. He is going to assume the worst of Ben given that he was ready to kill him not that long before. That temple incident is like an onion. With JJ it looked like Ben was another Anakin, with Rian we found out why Ben lost it for very legitimate reasons, and in Black Diamond,  I think we will find out how badly he lost it ... and if almost everyone attacked him after emerging from the rubble, he may not have "lost it" so badly at all. He is progressing from villain to tragic figure. They will keep on that track.

Also, did the rubble affect Ben at all? Or did it all move forward and people saw it and thought Ben was murdering Luke and surrounded him? Also, why didn't Ben make sure Luke was dead? I don't think he did because he probably just ran from the scene a scared, traumatized mess.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Thu 29 Mar 2018, 3:55 pm

@SoloSideCousin @Starliteprism @Teo oswald

JJ's mystery box is still following us around! tongue
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 29 Mar 2018, 4:00 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:@SoloSideCousin @Starliteprism @Teo oswald

JJ's mystery box is still following us around! tongue
@12 Parsnips

J.J. Abrams' Mystery Box

Yes, indeedy doo!
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 29 Mar 2018, 4:04 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
12 Parsnips wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

nine students on the ground  but Luke said twelve students  so the KOR are three? Shocked  uhm...... this is strange
@Teo oswald

@12 Parsnips

Right. That is where they are leaving the door open for further explanation. Luke was unconscious when this all went down. He is going to assume the worst of Ben given that he was ready to kill him not that long before. That temple incident is like an onion. With JJ it looked like Ben was another Anakin, with Rian we found out why Ben lost it for very legitimate reasons, and in Black Diamond,  I think we will find out how badly he lost it ... and if almost everyone attacked him after emerging from the rubble, he may not have "lost it" so badly at all. He is progressing from villain to tragic figure. They will keep on that track.

Also, did the rubble affect Ben at all? Or did it all move forward and people saw it and thought Ben was murdering Luke and surrounded him? Also, why didn't Ben make sure Luke was dead? I don't think he did because he probably just ran from the scene a scared, traumatized mess.
@SoloSideCousin

I would think, with R2 being there, there might be footage of what took place, similar to how BB-8 filmed Rey saying goodbye to Finn whilst he was unconscious.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 29 Mar 2018, 5:07 pm

Starliteprism wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
12 Parsnips wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Teo oswald

@12 Parsnips

@SoloSideCousin

I would think, with R2 being there, there might be footage of what took place, similar to how BB-8 filmed Rey saying goodbye to Finn whilst he was unconscious.
@Starliteprism

Oooohhh, you might be right about that. Though if it was something different than what Luke thought happened with Ben, wouldn't he have told him during their goodbye? So maybe R2 didn't see what happened?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy Thu 29 Mar 2018, 5:37 pm

I think Ben had a handful of loyalists and friends when he was at the Academy. So my speculation is his friends went straight to his hut after hearing some commotion, Ben emerged from the hut and explained to them what happened. The other students who were most likely against him and thought that Ben killed Luke, attacked Ben and his friends.

It's safe to assume that Ben's friends are just like him, light side users with an affinity to the dark. That's why they can resonate with him. I hope in episode 9, we will see an old student of Luke's who survived the fight (he/she was probably too young to get involved and so Ben spared him/her) and will live to tell the real story to Rey, that Ben fought out of self defense. And i think this revelation will finally push Rey to choose Ben and will make her realize that no matter where Ben ends up siding, people will either antagonize him because of his bloodline or be jealous of him and try to overthrow him because of his power. It's something that he can't escape even if he does get redeemed. And i hope it will prompt her to end the war and run away with him and start new lives, no sides, no Jedi, no sith, just the two of them.

After watching TLJ, i just can't help but think that it is not Rey's destiny to revive the Jedi Order or make a new Order of force users. Her true destiny is to save the last Skywalker and cut the circle of violence in his bloodline by loving him and taking him away from everything (faking death at the end of IX).

It's someone else's destiny to revive the Jedi Order and that's why i want a surviving student to be introduced in episode IX. He/she will have learned from Rey and Ben's compassion for eachother and establish the Grey Jedi or something. It makes sense cause that person was also trained by Luke.

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightsofReylo_2015 Thu 29 Mar 2018, 6:25 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:

@SoloSideCousin

This is exactly what I have been recently thinking about.  The way it looks to me in the flashbacks (all three of them) is that Ben pulls down the roof on both him and Luke and it seems like they both would be buried under the rubble. That is all we know for certain that Ben was responsible for.  What actually happened next?  

While we are told by Luke what happened, from what we are shown and re-stated by many here, Luke was buried under the rubble and didn't witness first-hand how it happened, only the aftermath.  So, to me, Luke blaming the aftermath all on Kylo is his assumption of what happened and not absolute fact.  IMO Luke certainly has not proven to be 100% correct in his interpretations/assumptions. So, until confirmed another way, I don't take Luke blaming it all on Kylo as gospel truth. For all we know Ben might not have had anything to do with what happened after the roof incident and was pulled from the rubble unconscious and taken away to Snoke by his "plants" (so he didn't see what happened to the other students/school), then fed a bunch of lies about what happened from Snoke once he regained consciousness.  

So many possibilities (both pro and against Ben) of what could have happened.  We just don’t know for sure and may not ever know. It just will depend if they want to address it in IX and where they want the story to go.  Who knows! I personally like to think he may not have had anything to do with the killing/destruction, but that is just my head-canon and I will let it go if it isn't the case! Until they do address it though, I am not taking Luke’s word for it and leaving it open to all the possibilities!

Last edited by KnightsofReylo_2015 on Thu 29 Mar 2018, 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
KnightsofReylo_2015
KnightsofReylo_2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 29 Mar 2018, 6:26 pm

Great points! The fact all the bodies in the image are all in one place, late at night (when everyone was presumably sleeping), implies the students heard the commotion and came out of their huts. If so, the incident was not just a massacre, but a confrontation. I am sure LFL is holding onto the story to tell it in full, later.

@Starliteprism - that is a good point about R2 and his recording abilities! We know he was at the temple so there’s a good chance he could have recorded something depending on where he was at the exact time. It’s also possible he only saw “part” of the scene. I think Luke must have sent R2 to Leia after the incident and that’s how she found out what happened.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 29 Mar 2018, 6:48 pm

It also has suddenly occurred to me that the three droids we've seen in the films might each contain a piece of the past as pertains to Ben (and are well positioned to deliver that information to Rey). R2 knows something thus far unseen about the temple incident, C3PO must have some positive opinion of kid-Ben, and if BB-8 has been with Poe this whole time, why do I have a feeling he's filmed some interaction between a young Poe and a young Ben where it's Poe that comes across as the a**?

Sorry to keep making this P&P parallel, but maybe the three droids (C3PO, BB-8, and R2D2) are the Mrs. Reynolds, Georgiana Darcy, and Aunt&Uncle Gardiner to Ben Solo's Darcy.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 29 Mar 2018, 6:56 pm

@Apriljandy

I'm expecting a Dark Knight-esque ending. Everyone thought they were going to kill Bruce but he ended up "sacrificing" himself for Gotham i.e faking his death for a new start with Selina and hardly anyone knew about it.

Also i just realised, remember the original ending for Rogue One? Jyn and co were meant to survive but they realised they kinda had to die since it would lead to too many plot holes with the original trilogy. So they ended up doing re-shoots and killing them instead. If Disney were hesitant about killing Rogue One i'm positive Ben will survive this story because he kinda has to or otherwise it would recontextualise the whole saga knowing the Skywalker family ends up dead anyway. In fact, it's actually really important that they keep Ben alive for this reason!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Thu 29 Mar 2018, 7:00 pm

This reminds me of these bits from The Force Awakens novels in both junior and adult versions. Maybe Snoke had planted seeds within Luke's Jedi and they had a battle with the Jedi?

Visiion in Junior novel

Rey wandered along a passageway, finding a stone staircase that spiraled down into semidarkness. She descended. The last step took her into an underground corridor. BB-8 tittered, but she continued onward. The corridor led to a sealed door. Before she touched the lock, the door opened.
She entered what appeared to be a storeroom. Boxes were stacked under arches. Odd-sized containers packed the shelves. What tarps didn’t cover was coated in a thick layer of dust.
In the middle of the room stood a small wooden table. On that table rested a small wooden box.
It caught Rey’s interest like nothing else in the room. She went over to the box and opened it.
She heard breathing—more like ventilated rasping—and spun. The door she had entered had been replaced by a dark hallway. At the end, two silhouettes—one in a helmet and cloak, the other a young man seemingly not much older than her—dueled each other with laser blades. One red, the other blue. Lightsabers.
“Rey.”
She searched to see who had spoken her name. “Hello?” No one responded. Not even BB-8. Where had he gone?
At the end of the hallway, a strange boy stared at her.
She hadn’t taken more than a few steps toward him before everything around her whirled. Dizzy, she tumbled, sideways, into a wall that for some reason suddenly became a grassy field.
Into the grass stabbed a blade of crimson light. Then the skies clouded and darkened. Rain poured. The lightsaber was wrenched from the ground. It arced, like lightning in the storm.
The recipient of its swing was a man. She couldn’t see his face. But she could hear his scream.
Drenched, she got up. Seven warriors, swathed in dark cloaks, advanced on her.
Rey tried to run. Tripping again, she glimpsed fire in the night. A temple in flames.
When she turned, the warriors were gone. In their place stood another cloaked figure and an R2 astromech unit. The figure touched a metal hand to the droid’s silver dome.
Like the seven warriors, this scene also vanished.
In the blink of an eye, she was kneeling in a forest. Snow blanketed the ground and the limbs of trees. She’d never seen real snow before. Only sand.
She stood, shivering. Deep in the forest she heard the sounds of war. The ping of blasters. The sizzle of lightsabers. Death.
Someone spoke behind her. Calm, kind, and eerily familiar. “Stay here. I’ll come back for you.”
She peered into the darkness between the trees. “Where are you?”
“I’ll come back, sweetheart. I promise.”
Rey did not want the owner of the voice to come back. She wanted the speaker to stay. “I’m here! Right here! Where are you?”
As in her dreams, she heard no reply. She continued to dash through the forest, not giving up in her search.
A man in a metal mask, cloaked in black, strode out in front of her, the hilt of a lightsaber in his hand.
The cold stare of his mask stopped her dead in her tracks. Not one to scream, that’s exactly what Rey did as she fell.
Snow didn’t cushion her fall. The ground she hit was made of stone. Aching, she sat up. She was once again in the subterranean hallway of the castle.

Here's from the other version in the adult novel.

The box was not locked. She opened it. A heavy, slow, mechanical breathing filled the room. Turning, she found herself looking down an impressive hallway, its architecture reminiscent of the Old Empire. Peering harder, farther, she saw in the distance a section of the famed Cloud City. Two figures were locked in combat, distant, distant. Someone, somewhere, somewhen, spoke her name. “Hello?” Wreathed in the irrationality of the moment, she called hopefully, but received no answer. A boy appeared at the end of the hallway. She started toward him, and the world turned inside out, causing her to trip and fall. Onto the wall, which had become the ground. Not the adamantine ceramic she had just seen, but dry grass. Nearby, a lightsaber slammed into the ground. A missed thrust, a statement of power—she didn’t know, couldn’t tell. A hand appeared to pull it upward. Day became night, sky ominous and filled with rain, cold and chilling to the bone. She was standing, she was sitting, she was looking up—to see someone, a warrior, take the full force of the lightsaber. He screamed and fell. Battlefield then, all around her. Putting a hand to her mouth, she rose and turned. As she turned, she found herself confronted by seven tall, cloaked figures, dark and foreboding, all armed. Soaked and shivering, she stumbled backward, turning as she half fell. Firelight illuminated her, firelight from a distant, burning temple. The seven vanished. A sound made her turn, and she blinked in surprise at the sight of a small blue-and-silver R2 unit. A new figure appeared. Falling to his knees, he reached out to the droid
with an artifice of an arm—metal and plastics and other materials with which she was not familiar. She blinked and both were gone. Around her now: barren, snowy woods, the sounds of unknown forest creatures, and a conviction that she must be losing her mind. Once more she climbed to her feet, her chilled breath preceding her. From in front of her, not far away, came the sounds of battle: the cries of the wounded and the clashing of weapons. Then behind her, another voice. That voice. “Stay here. I’ll come back for you.” She whirled, glazed eyes desperately scanning the dark gaps between the slender trees, trying to penetrate the darkness. “Where are you?” She started running toward the voice. “I’ll come back, sweetheart. I promise.” “I’m here! Right here! Where are you?” No response. She started forward again, running, only to be brought to a sudden halt by a figure appearing without warning from behind a tree. She screamed, and screamed again, and fell backward, backward, sitting down hard in— She was in the underground corridor, sitting on the cold old stone, her chest pounding as if she had just run from her home all the way to Niima Outpost.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 29 Mar 2018, 7:04 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:
Teo oswald wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@Teo oswald

@12 Parsnips

Yesss, exactly! There’s still a mystery box around the temple incident. Part of me thinks that the guy who collected the ashes of his dead enemies (Thanks JJ  Rolling Eyes) probably also killed Luke’s students, but he had just snapped, and there could be more to the story if some students were planted by Snoke.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 29 Mar 2018, 7:08 pm

@Starliteprism - Love your idea that R2 could have filmed it!
If R2 filmed it he could have showed it to Luke - and that is how Luke says what happened. Without that - I figure Luke is filling in the blanks based on what he saw and experienced but he didn't actually witness it. So this could resolve that question I guess...
In terms of showing the audience in IX or supplementary media, I only want to see the events if the footage is umm sympathetic toward Ben in some way. If it's going to show him as Kylo Ren beserker going total dark side - I don't want to see it! Watching him murder Han/his dad was enough..
I agree with you all that hopefully this event will be explained in IX - I think it is such a significant event for the Kylo/Ben character that it would be remiss for them not to address it in IX, but then it wouldn't be the first thing not addressed that we think should have been ha!?But, I do think it needs to be addressed as part of Kylo/Ben's redemption.

Moving on - I have a question for anyone who is interested in responding..
In the last SWC podcast there was a remark from someone saying Kylo/Ben had been sexually abused.
I was wondering if someone could clarify this for me. Has this been confirmed in canon? Or hinted at?
I'm thinking sexual abuse is not confirmed, but physical and psychological abuse is confirmed.
[I'm so glad that monster is dead!!!]

It may have been someone stating their theory as fact or it may be I don't know something here (very possible). Thanks!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 29 Mar 2018, 7:26 pm

DeeBee wrote:@Starliteprism - Love your idea that R2 could have filmed it!
If R2 filmed it he could have showed it to Luke - and that is how Luke says what happened. Without that - I figure Luke is filling in the blanks based on what he saw and experienced but he didn't actually witness it. So this could resolve that question I guess...
In terms of showing the audience in IX or supplementary media, I only want to see the events if the footage is umm sympathetic toward Ben in some way. If it's going to show him as Kylo Ren beserker going total dark side - I don't want to see it! Watching him murder Han/his dad was enough..
I agree with you all that hopefully this event will be explained in IX - I think it is such a significant event for the Kylo/Ben character that it would be remiss for them not to address it in IX, but then it wouldn't be the first thing not addressed that we think should have been ha!?But, I do think it needs to be addressed as part of Kylo/Ben's redemption.

Moving on - I have a question for anyone who is interested in responding..
In the last SWC podcast there was a remark from someone saying Kylo/Ben had been sexually abused.
I was wondering if someone could clarify this for me. Has this been confirmed in canon? Or hinted at?
I'm thinking sexual abuse is not confirmed, but physical and psychological abuse is confirmed.
[I'm so glad that monster is dead!!!]

It may have been someone stating their theory as fact or it may be I don't know something here (very possible). Thanks!
@DeeBee

It's more of a coded, metaphorical sexual abuse/grooming. Kind of how there's a bunch of metaphorical sexual imagery/symbolism in TFA and TLJ.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 29 Mar 2018, 7:41 pm

@BB-Rey You know, sometimes I think about all such details and feel like we're missing something, some kind of connection between Rey and Kylo from the past. But usually I think that it's just reading too much into details.

These quotes are easily can be part of that battle. It would have made sense for her to be left when Kylo turned and then see this moment in her dreams or visions. But timeline didn't match at all. I have a theory that they really wanted Ben to fell when he was much younger when they were filming TFA. But RJ needed to do flashbacks with Driver and they had no option for alternative. It would have made sense for Ben to turn when he is 15-16 and Rey is 5.

There are four clear female screams in TFA and TLJ and one unclear:

1. interrogation scene when Kylo reads her mind (likely kid!Rey's scream)
2. first seconds of Rey's vision (likely the same)
3. when Luke's reads Kylo's mind in the hut
4. when Ben becomes Kylo in the last flashback
5. when Rey goes to the tree (maybe female, maybe kid)

#3 didn't match with any Rey's screams (not as a kid and not when Kylo kills Han). #4 is very odd scream, I have no idea what it can be. I can't imagine that they all are random, but who knows.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Thu 29 Mar 2018, 7:58 pm

special_cases wrote:@BB-Rey You know, sometimes I think about all such details and feel like we're missing something, some kind of connection between Rey and Kylo from the past. But usually I think that it's just reading too much into details.

These quotes are easily can be part of that battle. It would have made sense for her to be left when Kylo turned and then see this moment in her dreams or visions. But timeline didn't match at all. I have a theory that they really wanted Ben to fell when he was much younger when they were filming TFA. But RJ needed to do flashbacks with Driver and they had no option for alternative. It would have made sense for Ben to turn when he is 15-16 and Rey is 5.

There are four clear female screams in TFA and TLJ and one unclear:

1. interrogation scene when Kylo reads her mind (likely kid!Rey's scream)
2. first seconds of Rey's vision (likely the same)
3. when Luke's reads Kylo's mind in the hut
4. when Ben becomes Kylo in the last flashback
5. when Rey goes to the tree (maybe female, maybe kid)

#3 didn't match with any Rey's screams (not as a kid and not when Kylo kills Han). #4 is very odd scream, I have no idea what it can be. I can't imagine that they all are random, but who knows.
@special_cases

I agree. Especially for the moment of them both seeing glimpses of each others past and future, respectively. I would like to think there's a hook that could intertwine them Pre-TFA but I don't know. The timeline doesn't lineup like you said.

I could defintely see that!

That's interesting.

I've heard the first one but will look for these others the next time I watch TFA and TLJ. I wonder if the female scream could be someone who was present during things and is who told Luke her account of what happened when be was unconscious? I don't know because you mentioned one being different. It's certainly an interesting onion to peel. Hopefully Episode IX will bring clarity.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 29 Mar 2018, 7:59 pm

californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 29 Mar 2018, 8:22 pm

I've always thought that they originally wanted Kylo to fall at 15 and that was something Rian changed for reasons unknown. A few of us have been saying that in this forum since Bloodline came out! There was definitely an opportunity missed for a parallel between Ben's fall and Rey's abandonment and both happening at the same time. I still think that may have been where they were going with that, though not the old theory that Rey was Luke's student and Kylo spared her and put her on Jakku.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum