Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Now Pronounce You, Rey and Kylo. (Our Reylo Weddings)

+19
SheLitAFire
californiagirl
Tex
Piper Maru
Kessel
nana7marie
Armadeus
Night Huntress
SoloSideCousin
adamdrivershair
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
PalmettoBlue
Riri
AhsokaTano
rawpowah
DeeBee
Moonlight13
BB-Rey
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I Now Pronounce You, Rey and Kylo. (Our Reylo Weddings) Empty I Now Pronounce You, Rey and Kylo. (Our Reylo Weddings)

Post by BB-Rey Fri 11 May 2018, 10:50 pm

I thought it would be so fun to have a thread devoted to discussing our dream wedding for Rey and Kylo.

I picture Rey wearing a dress that is either like Padme or Leia and her hair is done a way that honors Leia. I then see Kylo wearing all black with a white under coat to honor both his parents.

I see BB-8 carrying the rings.

I see it taking place on a lush world like Chandrilla, homeworld of Kylo. With beautiful flowers and in a meadow.

And I see music being played by The Cantina band. Razz Okay, kidding aside I think it would be more calm and beautiful. Something that is gentle and at balance.

That's about all I have at the moment. I haven't given it as much thought as my own wedding day. Smile

Last edited by BB-Rey on Fri 11 May 2018, 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

I Now Pronounce You, Rey and Kylo. (Our Reylo Weddings) Empty Re: I Now Pronounce You, Rey and Kylo. (Our Reylo Weddings)

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 11 May 2018, 11:09 pm

If everything goes in our favour (let's cross our fingers Ninja ), I think we could have an "epilogue" with their wedding. If it happens, I'd like it to be similar to Anakin and Padmé's wedding: simple, with just a few people (I'd like it to be on Naboo or Chandrila but, if they continue with reverse Anidala, it could happen on a desert planet, maybe even Jakku since everyone wants to go back there Laughing ).
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

I Now Pronounce You, Rey and Kylo. (Our Reylo Weddings) Empty Re: I Now Pronounce You, Rey and Kylo. (Our Reylo Weddings)

Post by DeeBee Sat 12 May 2018, 2:12 am

@BB-Rey - whooo what a sweet idea! I dont have anything in mind at this point..
wonderful to hear people's ideas and imagine.. and just soak up the good stuff that's coming!
What about wearing Padme's wedding dress? or at least the veil? Do we know if Leia wore it when she and Han married?

I can see a group of Force ghosts watching the union contentedly - including Luke, Leia, Anakin and Ben (Ben Solo's namesake), and heck we can throw Yoda in there too. I'd love to see what Yoda gets up to at a wedding tee hee.. maybe the force ghosts could um give a little light show to the audience by creating a temporary aurora in the sky overhead. lol. [please no more lightning haaa]

Ummm Finn can be bridesmaid!!! It would be hilarious..
Who would be best man? And.. who would walk Rey down the aisle?

@Moonlight13 - My fingers, toes, legs, eyes are crossed!
Yeah I'd vote for Jakku because I do have a little wish that it be 'redeemed' and brought back to lush life again through balance. but it would be more of a Naboo landscape we would see...
and yeah! lol it plays on that fab joke! They must go back there they must! rofl!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 12 May 2018, 4:21 am

If we're talking reverse Anidala, imo Anidala had to hide their love and wedding, so imo a Reylo wedding would have to be the opposite. Perhaps it could parallel the throne room scene in ANH and the celebration scene in at the end of TPM. Nothing but the best for the Supreme Leader and his Empress. Razz
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sat 12 May 2018, 10:11 am

Ooooh I love this new thread! Smile
@ rawpowah
I could picture their wedding as you suggest - it ties in with ring theory and echoes new hope medal ceremony scene ( which i remember loving when I first saw it ) and its reverse anidala also! I
Like it ! And it’s also very Disney !! Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sat 12 May 2018, 11:56 am

Ok i can see Maz officiating the wedding. Chewie will give Rey away. R2, C3PO and BB8 will be present. I can see Rose being present, If they end in good terms with Ben then i can see Finn and Poe.

FG Leia and Luke will afterwards welcome Rey into the family. <3. I want the planet to be Chandrila because of beautiful scenary, maybe on a hill or something. Rey can wear one of Padme's dress. I can imagine Ben smiling the whole way through!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sun 13 May 2018, 10:20 am

This veil feels right to me. I Now Pronounce You, Rey and Kylo. (Our Reylo Weddings) Aa184710
That said, I need to think about this more. I love weddings.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 13 May 2018, 3:08 pm

I kinda want an homage to The Graduate, where Rey gets pressured into getting engaged to Poe because that's what the "good" fans want and he's Mr Ersatz Han Solo. Except that Supreme Leader Kylo Ren crashes the wedding and shouts "RRRRREEEEEEEYYYY" from the balcony, chaos ensues, he decks Poe for being a condescending mansplaining d*ck, and then he and Rey run off together with the "what do we do next?" expression on the Falcon and that's the end of the ST.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 13 May 2018, 3:14 pm

snufkin wrote:I kinda want an homage to The Graduate, where Rey gets pressured into getting engaged to Poe because that's what the "good" fans want and he's Mr Ersatz Han Solo. Except that Supreme Leader Kylo Ren crashes the wedding and shouts "RRRRREEEEEEEYYYY" from the balcony, chaos ensues, he decks Poe for being a condescending mansplaining d*ck, and then he and Rey run off together with the "what do we do next?" expression on the Falcon and that's the end of the ST.

@snufkin
lol! lol! lol!
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 13 May 2018, 3:15 pm

snufkin wrote:I kinda want an homage to The Graduate, where Rey gets pressured into getting engaged to Poe because that's what the "good" fans want and he's Mr Ersatz Han Solo. Except that Supreme Leader Kylo Ren crashes the wedding and shouts "RRRRREEEEEEEYYYY" from the balcony, chaos ensues, he decks Poe for being a condescending mansplaining d*ck, and then he and Rey run off together with the "what do we do next?" expression on the Falcon and that's the end of the ST.

@snufkin

That scenario of them going rogue and running off together with the "what now?" looks was my dream ending for TLJ.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 13 May 2018, 3:16 pm

@ISeeAnIsland Mine too! I hope they have a good reason for making him stay with the First Order, like going full-on Space Romeo and Juliet
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 13 May 2018, 3:18 pm

Shouldn't it be "I now pronounce you Rey and Ben?" No way Rey is taking Ren as a last name imo.

@snufkin 10/10 would watch or read a fic of this scene.

@ISeeAnIsland That was my dream scenario as well. Guess it's up to episode IX. Another scenario I'm entertaining is the crack one where Rey and Ben end up rulers of something at the end, complete with the fairytale Disney wedding. Last scene is Ben kissing the bride. Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 13 May 2018, 3:26 pm

snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland Mine too! I hope they have a good reason for making him stay with the First Order, like going full-on Space Romeo and Juliet
@snufkin
I'd love that scenario (minus them dying Laughing).
rawpowah wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland That was my dream scenario as well. Guess it's up to episode IX. Another scenario I'm entertaining is the crack one where Rey and Ben end up rulers of something at the end, complete with the fairytale Disney wedding. Last scene is Ben kissing the bride. Laughing
@rawpowah
I'd love that too. lol!  I've thought about it, maybe Kylo's proposal is foreshadowing that outcome. Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 13 May 2018, 3:39 pm

@rawpowah I just find it entertaining that even after the filmmakers were blatant there was a romantic subplot between these two characters, the same fans who hate Kylo (because they bought into the whole Rey Skywalker/Solo "good legacy child" conspiracy theory) and argue that Rey needs to be a "Strong independent female character because she's a role model." They're now so eager to match make her with Poe, somebody she's exchanged one sentence. Because he's a "safe and respectable" character with retconned lineage to the OT. Nevermind that he's boring af and an egotistical mansplaining a**hole who gets almost all of the Resistance killed.

@Moonlight13 Yes without the death for our Star-Crossed Lovers. Maybe more like Thane and Cienna in Lost Stars?  My main idea is that this quote from Romeo & Juliet would be a good starting point for them in IX

My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Sun 13 May 2018, 3:45 pm

The main thing I would want a wedding scene for would be to see the look on Ben's face when he sees Rey in her dress. Kind of a trope-y thing where he and we as the audience see Rey in a whole new light dressed up like that. No more arm wrappings, hair down, something that celebrates her femininity... yeah Smile
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Sun 13 May 2018, 3:51 pm

adamdrivershair wrote:The main thing I would want a wedding scene for would be to see the look on Ben's face when he sees Rey in her dress. Kind of a trope-y thing where he and we as the audience see Rey in a whole new light dressed up like that. No more arm wrappings, hair down, something that celebrates her femininity... yeah Smile
@adamdrivershair
Stretcher
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 13 May 2018, 3:55 pm

@snufkin Which just goes to show it was always about a ship war instead of whatever social issues haters promote each weekend. It's actually hilarious that Ben is the one that gets the toxic masculinity tag, when Poe is right there questioning female leadership that happens to be more experienced and knowledgeable than he is, judging Holdo for her appearance and disrespecting her rank. Goes to show what being conventionally attractive and 'in league with the good guys' can do for you. Kylo looks like a Byronic hero, wears black, cries, and he's sad and angry, so he must be the worst in their eyes, compared to the pretty guy wearing ugly orange outfits that look like 70s skiing equipment, whose only solution is to use violence. It's all in the visuals. It's like Gaston vs the Beast, but this Gaston is more boring.

Speaking of wearing black, I hope Ben keeps his aesthetic even if he gets redeemed. I don't want to see him start wearing dull browns and beige. Especially at his wedding. Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 13 May 2018, 3:59 pm

@rawpowah Okay now I'm laughing at the mental image of Poe as a d*ckhead ski instructor because that's such a classic 1970s-80s teen movie antagonist.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 13 May 2018, 4:16 pm

@snufkin Guess we found his alter ego. Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 13 May 2018, 11:20 pm

rawpowah wrote:@snufkin Which just goes to show it was always about a ship war instead of whatever social issues haters promote each weekend. It's actually hilarious that Ben is the one that gets the toxic masculinity tag, when Poe is right there questioning female leadership that happens to be more experienced and knowledgeable than he is, judging Holdo for her appearance and disrespecting her rank. Goes to show what being conventionally attractive and 'in league with the good guys' can do for you. Kylo looks like a Byronic hero, wears black, cries, and he's sad and angry, so he must be the worst in their eyes, compared to the pretty guy wearing ugly orange outfits that look like 70s skiing equipment, whose only solution is to use violence. It's all in the visuals. It's like Gaston vs the Beast, but this Gaston is more boring.

Speaking of wearing black, I hope Ben keeps his aesthetic even if he gets redeemed. I don't want to see him start wearing dull browns and beige. Especially at his wedding. Laughing
@rawpowah

All of this!

And OMG, yes! Adam Driver should never be put in beige or dull browns! His coloring is absolutely not right for it. I have the same coloring as him, and OMG, I would look like death warmed over in those ugly Jedi and Resistance browns. Kylo/Ben needs to be in cool dark colors and definitely black at his wedding!:-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 13 May 2018, 11:28 pm

TBF, there already was a wedding of sorts in the Smut Hut. Which was kinda like One Hand, One Heart until Uncle Luke came busting in on the ceremony to speak his objections to the union

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 14 May 2018, 1:15 am

I want it to be quiet with just a few people as witnesses. (or just the two of them)

A simple flowing dress for Rey- nothing too opulent, because that's just not her imo. Her hair down in big waves...

Ben wearing black robes his hair can be styled for this occasion just like in the interrogation scene Lolilol

The location doesn't really matter to me- the focus should be their emotions.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Mon 14 May 2018, 2:49 am

DeeBee wrote:@BB-Rey - whooo what a sweet idea! I dont have anything in mind at this point..  
wonderful to hear people's ideas and imagine.. and just soak up the good stuff that's coming!
What about wearing Padme's wedding dress? or at least the veil? Do we know if Leia wore it when she and Han married?

I can see a group of Force ghosts watching the union contentedly - including Luke, Leia, Anakin and Ben (Ben Solo's namesake), and heck we can throw Yoda in there too. I'd love to see what Yoda gets up to at a wedding tee hee..  maybe the force ghosts could um give a little light show to the audience by creating a temporary aurora in the sky overhead. lol. [please no more lightning haaa]

Ummm Finn can be bridesmaid!!! It would be hilarious..
Who would be best man? And.. who would walk Rey down the aisle?

@Moonlight13 - My fingers, toes, legs, eyes are crossed!  
Yeah I'd vote for Jakku because I do have a little wish that it be 'redeemed' and brought back to lush life again through balance. but it would be more of a Naboo landscape we would see...
and yeah!  lol it plays on that fab joke! They must go back there they must! rofl!
@DeeBee

BOLDED: Mitaka Razz
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Mon 14 May 2018, 4:43 am

I see reylo wedding in an epilogue if J.J. decides to include one - actually, doesn’t even have to be an epilogue as such, set a couple years after the events of IX or so, but some kind of conclusion showing what happens to the characters after the story of this galactic war is over, a few scenes like celebration in TPM or RotJ or medal ceremony in ANH. This epilogue/ending can be all disneyesque with cheering crowds etc. but the wedding itself I see only as a simple and quiet ceremony to focus on Kylo and Rey, their relationship, the concept of soulmates and the theme of balance and to stress that they both have found the belonging they seek. I believe a big and celebratory wedding wouldn’t convey any of the above in a sufficient manner, it’d just be a cliche happy ending showing that the war’s over, everybody’s happy, good defeats evil and a little bit of ‘they lived happily ever after’ - which we need, but I think we need more  Razz .
So I imagine the actual story’s been told and we move to the final concluding scenes and see the said cheering crowds as well as some of the characters we know like Poe and maybe there’s Finn and Rose kissing, then we move to see the peaceful and hopeful galaxy with maybe Maz looking thoughtfully at the sky and vegetation re-appearing on Jakku and then the camera cuts to simple, quiet and intimate reylo wedding, we get the kiss, fanfare and ‘directed by J.J. Abrams’. Very Happy
I’m perfectly fine if there’s no wedding or epilogue/ending whatsoever, though, as long as we get a symbolic wedding which for me is a kiss at the end of the movie with a clear and undeniable indication that these two are now together (basically how Han and Leia romance was resolved in RotJ - no wedding, but we all knew they had their ‘happily ever after’...). I might even like it more, especially if the Falcon is somewhere in the picture Smile - cheesy and romantic ending with them kissing with binary sunset and Falcon in the background or more fun and cheerful with them exchanging mischievous looks, kissing, taking off and flying away into space.

As for potential wedding clothes as well as redeemed Ben’s costume, I agree that Kylo and Adam look wonderful in black, well, Adam looks great in any clothing really, but black and deep, dark colours match Kylo’s brooding, vulnerable and sensitive character. When he’s redeemed, I expect something else rather than head-to-toe black but with black or at least some dark colour still basis of his outfit.
Regarding Rey, I think it’d be nice to further explore her femininity but as @Night Huntress said - nothing too opulent. Not because she’s been dressed tomboyish so she should stay so forever lol! or ‘she needs no dress like she needs no man’  ROFL , but because she’s a type of female character often found in tales who’s beautiful herself no matter what she’s wearing - on the outside (her silhouette, her features etc.) and on the inside so she’s ‘glowing from within’ (kindness, compassion, hope, optimism etc.). And in these tales we have Prince Charming falling for the girl despite her status (perceived, sometimes she’s actually a royalty too), even if she’s wearing rags (though sometimes she’s first seen by the prince in a gown). Sounds like Rey and Kylo lol! - Daisy’s a beautiful woman (when Rey took off her mask in TFA, I didn’t pay attention to sweaty face or messy hair, I was just like ‘wow, what a beauty’) and Rey’s surely the epitome of light despite having some darkness within - and we all know how the first reylo meeting looked like Lolilol . So @adamdrivershair I’m sure Kylo’d be melting even if Rey arrived at their wedding in her TFA outfit Razz .
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 14 May 2018, 5:21 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@snufkin

That scenario of them going rogue and running off together with the "what now?" looks was my dream ending for TLJ.

Me too. As much as I love fairy tale weddings, I always wanted them to run off together (and elope).

@snufkin - While I don’t really like the idea of Poe being added to make a love triangle, I love your comparison with the ending of The Graduate. I could totally see Kylo doing something rash and impulsive like crashing Rey’s wedding (or some other event) to declare his love for her and asking her to run away with him without having any kind of proper plan in place.

Seriously though, Kylo’s already “proposed” to Rey twice. These things generally happen in threes with the third time ending differently than the last two times. I’m thinking Rey may be the one doing the proposing in IX (on her terms), and hopefully Kylo is smart enough to accept.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next