Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH

+9
CienaRee
panki
guardienne
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Sylvia Snow
Armadeus
Rogue Rey
vaderito
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH Empty Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH

Post by vaderito Sat 23 Apr 2016, 11:34 am

Dear all,

This is the third of the viewing parties for all 7 episodes.

We are watching one episode each weekend (Saturday and Sunday) so that fans from different timezones can participate at any time. Here's the schedule for all viewing parties:

The Phantom Menace - weekend of 9/10 April
Attack of the Clones - weekend of 16/17 April
Revenge of the Sith - weekend of 23/24 April
A New Hope - weekend of 30 April/1 May
The Empire Strikes Back - weekend of 7/8 May
Return of the Jedi - weekend of 14/15 May
The Force Awakens - weekend of 21/22 May

The idea is to get as many posters to see the movie at approximately same time (weekend) so that we can discuss it together fresh from or during the viewing (if you find a particular scene very interesting or relevant for ST, you can pause and post about it and resume watching). The idea is to see how all 7 movies influence and mirror each other, Ring Composition, etc. Also, they are about Kylo Ren's family so they tie with TFA. We hope that watching TFA after other 6 will result in fresh take on this very much discussed movie.

So, viewing party begins now! Jump in whenever you have time. You have 2 days at your disposal. cheers

Last edited by vaderito on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 23 Apr 2016, 11:38 am

Hello!!!

Thank you for creating the thread Very Happy Very Happy
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH

Post by vaderito Sat 23 Apr 2016, 11:40 am

Rogue Rey wrote:Hello!!!

Thank you for creating the thread Very Happy Very Happy
@Rogue Rey

You're welcome! I'm going to live blog in a few minutes.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 23 Apr 2016, 12:03 pm

"Sith Lohds ah ouh specialty" Love Obi Wan.

LOL Palp cheering Obi Wan.

"He was an unarmed prisoner. I shouldn't have done that [kill Dooku], it isn't the Jedi way" Good thing that Kylo and Rey aren't the Jedi cause slashing unarmed opponents (Finn, Kylo) is not the jedi way.

So Palp started using the stick. First it was only a carrot (you'll be the most powerful, blah, blah"). Now he makes subtle threats. "That wasn't the first time you wanted revenge. remember what you told me about your mother...and the Sand people?" Anakin feels something's off but can't figure out what.

@Rogue Rey Yay, we'll live blog together again!

Anakin doesn't want to leave Obi Wan behind. Soon enough Obi Wan will leave him. Sad

OK, I totally don't buy it that nobody except Palp knew about Anidala. They weren't even discreet! It's nice to see that Anakin is tired of deception and wants to go public with their relationship at least for 3 seconds.

I love pregnancy scene. I'm imagining Rey and Kylo. he would be filled with child-like wonder like when he was reading Rey's mind. H-beating

@Rogue Rey Obi Wan is total sass and R2 is SW's Adam Sackler (foul-mouthed deviant).

Shirtlessness alert! Ani is having a bad dream. padme is sleeping with his back on him. I bet marriage wasn't as shiny happy as we are led to believe. No closeness. C'mon GL it won't kill you to show them snuggle.

Anidala is some fantastic stuff here. very realistic. Ani is trying to hide the truth from padme and she calls him out on dishonesty. The way she words it suggests Anakin hasn't been honest with her before either. Actually, he mostly isn't honest. So he relents and tells her about Force dream where she dies. Padme doesn't take it seriously. This is why FS and non-FS relationships don't work. Another FS would understand without words. Like Rey and Kylo. Anyway, Ani shows some paranoia about OB1 ('we don't need his help") and determination to keep padme alive at all costs. She doesn't pick up on creepy vibe.

@Rogue Rey Yes, GL improved big time, emotions finally stick the landing. Too much CGI still, as you say, but damn if I'm not in love with Coruscant.

STFU Yoda! "the fear of loss is the path to the Dark Side" "Going to take a sith is the path to the dark Side" everything is path to the Dark Side! Sitting on your stupid ikea furniture is the path to the Dark Side. Oh and Ani is so lying to you and badly. Even Snoke has more sense to see when Kylo's lying and he's actually a better liar as bad as he is.

@Rogue Rey Agreed that Ani was a bit off. Maybe just a surprise, maybe faked happiness. because we don't know when Force dreams started. maybe before he found out about pregnancy so when he's heard about it he was "oh, no, it's coming true?"

"Death is a natural part of life. rejoice for those who transform into the Force and those who do not miss them not. Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed that is." OK, so first part of Yoda's gibberish is bull. But the second part applies to Kylo to a T. Attachment to Rey leads to jealousy of Finn, the shadow of greed ("That lightsaber. It belongs to me!" though he didn't just talk about lightsaber here, did he?)

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose" Oh STFU you stupid dumba**! You have no clue what Anakin is talking about. Easy for you cause all your attachment is your stupid wooden staff.

Political stuff is great in this movie. OB1 doesn't trust palp while Anakin does cause Palp flatters him and calls him "son". Even though Palp has shown to Ani that he is not a good guy (demand to kill Dooku, veiled threat about Sand people incident, suggestion to leave OB1 behind), Ani trusts him cause he's the only one that tells Ani what Ani wants to hear. Such as that he's appointing him the Master at JC. I love Ani's "Holy Sith! Yes" silent reaction.

@Rogue Rey Good question about Yoda and Windu. Anakin in AOTC said about OB1 "as wise as Master Yoda and power as Master Windu". So Yoda = wisdom, Windu = power.

Last edited by vaderito on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 12:41 pm; edited 15 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 23 Apr 2016, 12:04 pm

The play button has been pressed and Episode III has begun.

@vaderito I'm running behind you Smile

I I love you OB1 - so much sass

What's with all the Grevious breathing stuff?

I swear that R2 is the most foul mouthed in all of the SW universe

Palp being so blasé 'Kill him.  Kill him now.' so casual (and creepy)

Aw the R2 scream gets me every time - I  I love you  R2.  Wonder what BB8's scream would sound like.

OB1's reaction hug of Anakin when he comes round is soooo sweet and brotastic.

That droid saying excuse me was Laughing

GL came on in terms of writing and even directing by III but still CGI heavy.

Sam Jackson phoning his performance in.

I agree @vaderito how no1 noticed the whole Anidala relationship, given they're cavorting in a massive corridor or whatever that is where she's lurking in the shadows, is beyond me  Rolling Eyes

I find Anakin's reaction initially weird to the news of Padme's pregnancy, until he looks at her face he seems a little angry/annoyed but sees the worry on her face and he changes to happy - hmmmmmmmm

I have an inhaler Grevious can borrow if he wants to improve on his breathing problems! tongue

A nice bit of string music when Padme's being all optimistic about having the baby on Naboo.  Kinda ruined with some cheesy love dialog.  But she's right about love blinding people - it certainly blinds Anakin to Palp and his interests.

Padme I love you OB1 - always wanting his help and guidance

Natalie and Hayden unfortunately just don't have that sizzle to be a believable passionate and all consuming love story/romance

I agree @vaderito Yoda is so up his a*** at times - for one so wise he seems to be blind to the obvious.

Anakin loves power or at least the idea of it.

OB1 sitting at the council with such casual regard

Who's actually the boss of the Jedi Yoda or Windu?  Just seems that Windu gives the orders and acts like he's in charge.

@vaderito Palp totally flatters Ani's ego.  He even listens to Palp ahead of his own wife.  As seen in the 'don't ask me to do that' scene with Padme.  And that hug at the end he really doesn't committed to it in any shape or form - it's as if he doesn't want to be there - and is then seen running up the steps to see Palp (who does he love more???  Padme who tells him the truth or Palp who plays to his fears and ego???)

Palp is a wise one tho - can see how FS can get seduced to the Dark Side

Hehe Wookie's sound like King Kong or apes when they go into battle.

Aww Ani deceiving OB1 by telling OB1 what he wants to hear - another person blinded by love. The Ani smirk at the end of the scene says it all. If the Jedi accepted love as a natural human trait rather than as a weakness then they wouldn't end up being blinded by it as such.

Last edited by Rogue Rey on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 12:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 23 Apr 2016, 12:40 pm

Rogue Rey wrote:

@Rogue Rey

Grievous' breathing used to be fine until Mace Windu used the Force to crush his chest.

Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 23 Apr 2016, 12:50 pm

I'm loving political stuff so much! JC totlaly insulted Anakin, just what Palp predicted and wanted. But, nonetheless, they only have themselves to blame. Put Anakin on JC w/o making him the Master. "Take a seat, young Skywalker" I hate Mace. Than Ob1 who is now total JC b*tch tells Anakin the only reason he was put on JC was to spy on Palp. Anakin's response is great "You are asking me to do something against the Jedi code, against the Republic, against a mentor and a friend, that's what's out of place here." And he is right. jedi going down that path was end of them.

Ha, here's the part that gives ST a chance to do their own thing. "The prophecy misread could have been" Anakin will destroy the Sith but we still don't have the balance of the Force.

@Rogue Rey that's a great example of how seduction to DS works. Now we will see how seduction to the Light works cause that hasn't been done before. Rey certianly doesn't flatter Kylo yet he is in love.

This is so good. "Don't shut me out, let me help you" Poor padme. Her FS hubby shut her out of "Force/Jedi" matters just like Leia shut han out of "Force/Ben/Snoke" matter. FS needs FS.

Opera House is great. Palp serves some truth tea about Jedi and power but two things sick out for me:

a) that Plagueis created life by manipulating midichlorians totally goes over Anakin's head.

b) Anakin's interest picks up only at "prevent from dying". Now, what's big deal here is that palp made it sound that he was the apprentice who learend the secrets but later in the movie he'll admit that he doesn't know how to prevent death. meaning, he may not have been the apprentice who killed Plagueis.

They play Snoke Theme when Palp starts telling the Plagueis story hence why some fans think Snoke = Plagueis. Debunked by PH.

@Rogue Rey Ha,ha, totally. Smirk than "F*** off, OB1" face.

Padme and Anakin are so wrong for each other. "I feel lost." "Lost?" Padme sounds like "why would you have any reason to be lost? Over-reaction much?" "I'm not a jedi I should be. I want more...but I know I shouldn't." Nobody understands Ani. It's like Kylo's "I'm being torn apart. I want to be rid of this pain." Nobody knows what the hell he's talking about. Sad

Last edited by vaderito on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 1:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 23 Apr 2016, 1:02 pm

Armadeus wrote:
Rogue Rey wrote:

@Rogue Rey

Grievous' breathing used to be fine until Mace Windu used the Force to crush his chest.

@Armadeus

When did that happen???
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 23 Apr 2016, 1:03 pm

Rogue Rey wrote:
Armadeus wrote:
Rogue Rey wrote:

@Rogue Rey

@Armadeus

When did that happen???
@Rogue Rey

The Clone Wars cartoon series. It aired on Cartoon Network before ROTS came out.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 23 Apr 2016, 1:04 pm

Armadeus wrote:
Rogue Rey wrote:
Armadeus wrote:
Rogue Rey wrote:

@Rogue Rey

@Armadeus

When did that happen???
@Rogue Rey

The Clone Wars cartoon series. It aired on Cartoon Network before ROTS came out.
@Armadeus

Oh right - I've not seen any of the EU stuff Surprised
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 23 Apr 2016, 1:09 pm

Haha I really love OB1 when he's not around the Jedi Council and his pre-fight stance is so funny - bet Ewan felt a bit of a prat when he had to stand like that.

Lots of cross saber moments in ROTS between good and evil but none of them are close up shots to show reaction and closeness between the characters - because there is none.  Ani and Dooku are not close to one another and OB1 and Grevious are not close to one another despite them being adversaries, not like Kylo and Rey - there is a need to show their reactions to one another, that intimacy between them despite them being adversaries.

And off Ani scurries to get his ego massaged but this time at the instruction of Windu, not so all seeing are you, but then you say you feel a plot about overthrowing the Jedi - open your eyes man - it's right in front of you.  You even know it's the Chancellor and still you send Anakin to him - you fool Windu.  You don't trust Anakin - it's in every interaction you have with him but then you send him to the man you think/feel/see is surrounded by the DS I can't  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  enough!!

DINNER BREAK!!!!

I'm back in the room so let's get this show back on the road  Very Happy  Very Happy

Palp is a sly son of a sith.  He is right about the lies created by the Jedi.  Love how Palp's voice always drops when he says the Dark Side.  Also right about needing to understand all aspects of the Force - that's why I can see either Rey or Kylo or both becoming Grey Jedi because they are balance not  either or.

Creepiness personified with that friendly grandpa smile Palp puts on right after saying about saving Padme from certain death!  Not to mention his 'seductive' tones and squinty eyes when talking about Anakin's anger and wanting to kill him - now that's real creepy.

OB1 fighting Grevious with a double ended electrified staff!!!  Wink  Wink (Hey Rey)  Hehe OB1 doesn't like blasters - reverse of Finn who  I love you blasters

Windu still doesn't trust Anakin even when Anakin tells him the truth about Palp - that was his own downfall thinking he knew best

Padme's sense of something wrong is very subtle and well done

I agree @vaderito Ani does cry a lot (an inherited trait seen in Kylo)

Palp is a decent lightsaber wielder especially against the apparent great Mace Windu

They like the word traitor in the SWU.

Ani's sith eyes are coming - the very slight tinge of yellow

What is it with people loosing their right arm???  (hope they change that in the ST - no-one needs to loose a limb)

Causes Mace Windu's death and Ani just jumps into being a Sith for the sake of Padme when it was all a lie - Palp didn't have the answer to saving Padme and Ani was played all along on a promise that Palp couldn't even fulfil

The scene where Palp tells Ani that OB1 is an enemy was kind of like the Snoke/Kylo Han scene.  Both Ani and Kylo didn't look comfortable about being effectively told that their Father (even tho OB1 and Ani see each other as brothers - it's a similar familial thing for this purpose) is an enemy and knowing what it means - they must die.

Palp totally played Ani for his own ends - I don't think he knew how to save Padme at all - just used it as a bargaining tool to get Anakin on his side.

Last edited by Rogue Rey on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 2:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 23 Apr 2016, 1:22 pm

Palp's seduction of Ani to the DS is great. Flattery, incentives, veiled threats ("Only through me you can save padme"). Nothing like "You need a teacher. I can show you the ways of the Force" looks expectantly at her while she's meditating. Kylo doesn't seduce. he's seduced 100% but he's also a temptation himself. he's the Apple. She wants to bite him and it has nothing to do with DS. It's sexual thing. There's awakeing of the Force, of DS and sexual awakening. Kylo is rey's sexual awakening and Rey is his.

Padme's Ruminations scenes is fantastic. You cna really feel the love between Anidala. No wonder music is used for interrogation scene in TFA audio book. perfect way to convey the bond.

This is an interesting thing. When Anakin says "Just save Padme, I cannot live without her" Palp admits that he doesn't know how but that they together could work on it and find the way. I guess he was moved. I always had a feeling that he liked Anakin. he used him and manipulated him but he also liked him.

Anakin cries a lot. Kylo's got that from him.

Love how readily Anakin says "I udnerstand master" to Palps "Eveyr Jedi, including your friend OB1 Kenobi, is now an enemy of the Republic". Poor OB1.

Problem with order 66 is that jedi were so unlikable by that point you don't give a sith that they are being slaughtered. Like, good riddance, b*tches. OK, sad for kids but they were barely in the movies to care beyond the fact that they are kids.

Padme feels something isn't right. Anakin is bad at lying and looks creepy. His story makes no sense.

"Use your feelings, OB1, and find him you will" WTF? So now Yoda knew all along that Anakin and Padme were a couple? Bullshith. Bull.sith. Yoda was clueless and if he was not he didn't do sith to either help them or expose them.

Anakin is crying way more than Crylo Ren ever did. There.

OK so biggest moment of ROTS  - Anidala and Reverse Anidala. Padme is wearing outfit similar to Rey's (sleeves). Now this is the moment that shows his love wans't unconditional. "I'm becoming more powerful than any Jedi and I'm doing it for you, to protect you" Guilt tripping Padme, not good. She didn't ask for this.

Padme wants them to run away. OMG, Kylo's got that from Padme. He wanted to run away with Rey when he offered to be her teacher. Anakin will have none of it. He wants to overthrow the chancellor and rule the galaxy. padme is shocked.

Padme is leaving Anakin. he calls her a liar and thinks she's cheating on him with OB1. Force chokes her. They deliberately paralleled his gloved hand choking Padme with Kylo's trying to probe Rey's mind as gently as possible.

"I hate you!" OB1 and Anakin fight ends really tragically. Unlike Rey and Kylo where he's left in awe of her. OB1 lets Anakin burn alive. I'm crying.

Palp gently touching Anakin's head. yep, he liked the kid alright. If he hadn't been so power hungry he could've had a surrogate son.

"there's still good in him"

Baby Leia looks like Kylo, lol, the nose.

So everyone is looking at binary sunset cause there's hope...until Leia had a son.

This is a good movie, people.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 23 Apr 2016, 2:45 pm

Order 66 would have been more heart wrenching or gut busting if the Jedi hadn't proven to be a bunch of self-righteous know it alls - who didn't know it all.

I love you Chewie I love you

Anakin isn't a Master but that poor little Youngling called him 'Master' Sad  The Jedi Youngling massacre Sad Sad

I I love you Senator Organa

Never doubt OB1 Kenobi ('sir no-one could have survived that fall' - you don't know OB1 then)

Anakin lies to Padme - he knows that OB1 didn't like Palp so he was hardly going to align with him yet he straight out lies to Padme and she buys it all too easily

Wonder what R2 says to Threepio about Anakin??  I reckon R2 could see it that Ani had fallen to the DS - don't forget R2 was all seeing  Very Happy

Ani strutting like a bad guy.  Yep R2 knows what's up - poor R2  Sad

Everyone loves to do a lightsaber wrist twirl Very Happy Very Happy

NP brings her acting goodness alongside JS + EM, but it seems a struggle alongside HC.  I'd even say there's more chemistry between NP+EM than between NP+HC  Shocked (maybe EM+NP should make a film together where they can use their clear chemistry)

Poor OB1 not able to believe his apprentice's betrayal Sad Sad  pale It was OB1's love for Anakin that stopped him from killing him - he left him for dead but couldn't deliver the killer blow (a bit like Rey - could have killed Kylo, but didn't.  OB1 could have killed Anakin, but didn't)

Yep the running off impulse Kylo has comes from grandmother and the sulky crying comes from his grandfather

Anakin likes to blame others when things go wrong + is v jealous of OB1.  

Anakin has foregone love for power and now for the lava fight (love a good natural elements fight - lava fight, snow fight - both are significant in the development of a member of the Skywalker family tree)

I know the Palp/Yoda fight is significant for the SWU but it's so CGI and a bit too OTT it distracts from the Anakin/OB1 fight which is more significant IMHO

Skywalker's are a lost bunch - Anakin is lost and Kylo certainly seems lost

Three limbs with one swing of a lightsaber is certainly a skill

They like talking about balance in the Force but isn't balance acceptance of both sides that's the only way to create balance. Something the Jedi fail to accept therefore the Sith will continue. That's why I hope they go the Grey Jedi route in the ST.

Awww OB1 has clear affection for Padme - caressing her face Sad

The joy in Palp's voice at Anakin being alive and then his gentle touch of his melting head - he did have affection for Anakin, but that was outweighed by his own interests in power - still believe Anakin was just a pawn in Palp's game

Palp walks like Mr Burns in The Simpsons Laughing Laughing

Hello Luke - dumped into OB1's arms and there forges the affection between OB1 + Luke. But just look at how OB1 gazes at Padme - which such care and affection Sad Sad

And here's Leia Sad

Enter Lord Vader

'There's good in him' - the Skywalker women keep the faith till the end (hopefully) - Padme and Anakin & Leia and Ben.

Leia's theme and Luke's theme playing when their fates are decided bounce

The Force theme playing when talk turns to QGJ Very Happy

Luke's theme/Force theme/main theme as we look out at a binary sunset

FIN
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 23 Apr 2016, 4:01 pm

Rogue Rey wrote:Order 66 would have been more heart wrenching or gut busting if the Jedi hadn't proven to be a bunch of self-righteous know it alls - who didn't know it all.

Exactly. Why should be care?

I love you Chewie I love you

Anakin isn't a Master but that poor little Youngling called him 'Master' Sad  The Jedi Youngling massacre Sad Sad

British accented Youngling. OB1 was like that when he was a Youngling.

I I love you Senator Organa

Never doubt OB1 Kenobi ('sir no-one could have survived that fall' - you don't know OB1 then)

Bail Organa is awesome. balls of steel. Leia's such daddy's girl.

Anakin lies to Padme - he knows that OB1 didn't like Palp so he was hardly going to align with him yet he straight out lies to Padme and she buys it all too easily

I don't think she bought it too easily. Wheels are turning, she's just in denial phase.

Wonder what R2 says to Threepio about Anakin??  I reckon R2 could see it that Ani had fallen to the DS - don't forget R2 was all seeing  Very Happy

Ani strutting like a bad guy.  Yep R2 knows what's up - poor R2  Sad

Ani at least gets that right unlike poor Kylo. he's such a nerd, always.

Everyone loves to do a lightsaber wrist twirl Very Happy Very Happy

Cause it's cool. OB1 does it with sass, however.

NP brings her acting goodness alongside JS + EM, but it seems a struggle alongside HC.  I'd even say there's more chemistry between NP+EM than between NP+HC  Shocked (maybe EM+NP should make a film together where they can use their clear chemistry)

I never understood why padme didn't fall in love with OB1 when the dashing Padawan easily dispatched battle droids on naboo while twirling the LS with kenobian sass.

Poor OB1 not able to believe his apprentice's betrayal Sad Sad  pale It was OB1's love for Anakin that stopped him from killing him - he left him for dead but couldn't deliver the killer blow (a bit like Rey - could have killed Kylo, but didn't.  OB1 could have killed Anakin, but didn't)

But OB1 killing Anakin would be a mercy kill. Leaving him was just No Rey killing Kylo would be a murder. Unarmed and unable to get up but still far from dying or some terrible suffering that needs to be put to an end. Still, Yoda is a d***. he urged OB1 to kill Anakin and then OB1 urged Luke to kill Vader. neither listened.

Yep the running off impulse Kylo has comes from grandmother and the sulky crying comes from his grandfather

Kylo is all SW greats rolled in one. Plus Han's smirk and invading private space and Leia's snark.

Anakin likes to blame others when things go wrong + is v jealous of OB1.

While Kylo destroys property when he screws up and projects self-hate ("TRAITOR!") and his own wishes on others ("forget the droid, WE have all WE need" lol, really Kylo? We? make that "I")

Anakin has foregone love for power and now for the lava fight (love a good natural elements fight - lava fight, snow fight - both are significant in the development of a member of the Skywalker family tree)

And Kylo will forego power for love! reverse Anidala! Lava fuels rage, while snow calms it.

I know the Palp/Yoda fight is significant for the SWU but it's so CGI and a bit too OTT it distracts from the Anakin/OB1 fight which is more significant IMHO

I straight up fast-forwarded through Palp/Yoda crap. BTW, Rey snarls like Palp.

Skywalker's are a lost bunch - Anakin is lost and Kylo certainly seems lost

Anakin is lost but Kylo is found. Anakin has lost his love but Kylo has found one.

Three limbs with one swing of a lightsaber is certainly a skill

For the most powerful Jedi ever, Anakin lost lots of limbs. Talk about seriously overhyped.

They like talking about balance in the Force but isn't balance acceptance of both sides that's the only way to create balance. Something the Jedi fail to accept therefore the Sith will continue. That's why I hope they go the Grey Jedi route in the ST.

Me too. One side winning =/= balance

Awww OB1 has clear affection for Padme - caressing her face Sad

The joy in Palp's voice at Anakin being alive and then his gentle touch of his melting head - he did have affection for Anakin, but that was outweighed by his own interests in power - still believe Anakin was just a pawn in Palp's game

Oh for sure. Palp would have been better off if he let affection (which he clearly felt) overshadow his personal interests.

Palp walks like Mr Burns in The Simpsons Laughing Laughing

Hello Luke - dumped into OB1's arms and there forges the affection between OB1 + Luke. But just look at how OB1 gazes at Padme - which such care and affection Sad Sad

And here's Leia Sad

Enter Lord Vader

'There's good in him' - the Skywalker women keep the faith till the end (hopefully) - Padme and Anakin & Leia and Ben.

Skywalker women mess up their men than keep faith in them. Laughing

Leia's theme and Luke's theme playing when their fates are decided bounce

The Force theme playing when talk turns to QGJ Very Happy

Luke's theme/Force theme/main theme as we look out at a binary sunset

FIN

"In your solitude..." "She's solitary..."

@Rogue Rey
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sat 23 Apr 2016, 5:19 pm

As soon as, Obi Wan no longer near by, Anakin quickly loose control over his own decision to Palpatine and turn to DarkSIde. Obi Wan is after all, his friend. So this happen again to Kylo who currently in the DarkSide but after meeting Rey, his life is starting to change completely Laughing

Obi Wan is such a Boss in this movie  Cool
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 23 Apr 2016, 5:29 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:As soon as, Obi Wan no longer near by, Anakin quickly loose control over his own decision to Palpatine and turn to DarkSIde. Obi Wan is after all, his friend. So this happen again to Kylo who currently in the DarkSide but after meeting Rey, his life is starting to change completely Laughing

@Sylvia Snow

very true. But Jedi are to blame for sending Ob1 away even though a) they didn't trust Anakin and b) Yoda supposedly felt something was wrong and new about Anakin and Padme. They didn't do sith to prevent disaster but, quite the contrary, pushed him into it.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sat 23 Apr 2016, 6:11 pm

vaderito wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:As soon as, Obi Wan no longer near by, Anakin quickly loose control over his own decision to Palpatine and turn to DarkSIde. Obi Wan is after all, his friend. So this happen again to Kylo who currently in the DarkSide but after meeting Rey, his life is starting to change completely Laughing

@Sylvia Snow

very true. But Jedi are to blame for sending Ob1 away even though a) they didn't trust Anakin and b) Yoda supposedly felt something was wrong and new about Anakin and Padme. They didn't do sith to prevent disaster but, quite the contrary, pushed him into it.
@vaderito
I would said at this point, the JC are corrupted to the core but they did not realize it. If it not for Palpatine, someone else would eventually destroy it later or the JC would collapsed by itself
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 23 Apr 2016, 6:17 pm

@Sylvia Snow Totally. They were heading for the fall big time, be it Palp or someone else who would push them, but they were doing it themselves just fine. Not just because of corruption but, more importantly, for being too out of touch with reality. And too lulled into security because they didn't face really challenging enemy for over 1000 years. I mean, they spent their time going "what if Sith returned...nah".

Moreover, say what you will about TP but those movies took a risk in that they showed the end of the Jedi when their glory waned. Instead of romantic past painted in OT, we got these unlikable, bickering incompetent arm chair warriors afraid to lose their power, showing no compassion to young Anakin, etc. Nobody expected to see that and some still can't get over it. I like it, personally.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Sat 23 Apr 2016, 7:05 pm

-

Of the three 'prequels' , 'Revenge of The Sith' was the best of the three for me.
It had a epicness and intensity that was lacking in the previous two, and far less cheesy dialog and dopey 'romantic' awkward moments.

It also had a stunning performance by Ian as Palpitine.
He was absolutely deliciously devious on screen and I would say a large part of why 'Sith' worked for me was because of his larger presence.

Obi-Wan also looked his best to my eyes, as did Anakin.
I thought Hayden was better in this film and Ewan was terrific as well.

When I feel like watching one of the 'prequel' films, this one is usually my first choice.
The bonus features on the DVD release were also great....back when they used to load DVDs up with tons of extra footage.
Not like today....'The Force Awakens' DVD release has zip...!
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 23 Apr 2016, 7:24 pm

Kylo Ren's 8-Pack wrote:-

Of the three 'prequels' , 'Revenge of The Sith' was the best of the three for me.
It had a epicness and intensity that was lacking in the previous two, and far less cheesy dialog and dopey 'romantic' awkward moments.

It also had a stunning performance by Ian as Palpitine.
He was absolutely deliciously devious on screen and I would say a large part of why 'Sith' worked for me was because of his larger presence.

Obi-Wan also looked his best to my eyes, as did Anakin.
I thought Hayden was better in this film and Ewan was terrific as well.

When I feel like watching one of the 'prequel' films, this one is usually my first choice.
The bonus features on the DVD release were also great....back when they used to load DVDs up with tons of extra footage.
Not like today....'The Force Awakens' DVD release has zip...!
@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

TFA BOnus features are big disappointment. I bet they had much more stuff but are waiting for double dip with Box set.

ROTS is the best TP and a good movie period. I could do without overlong action a) that opens the movie (buzz droids = useless gimmick), b) in Grevious fight and c) on Mustafar and Yoda/Palp fight. Unlike those scenes that were more about set pieces than emotional content, Snow Fight was on point all the time. Emotion stick its landing from start to finish. In ROTS, we had to wait 15 minutes before we got OB1 and Anakin emotional moment after cutting Anakin legs. All that lava surfing...blech.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sat 23 Apr 2016, 8:57 pm

ROTS is def. the best of the prequels. The ending shot is just lovely and powerful.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 24 Apr 2016, 1:43 am

As everyone has already observed, ROTS is the best of the PT, although IMO, TPM is almost on par with it.

Hayden has improved dramatically. He's finally starting to feel like the Anakin I imagined.

The same, unfortunately, cannot be said for Portman and I think the blame falls largely on Lucas. He just doesn't give her anything to do.

Ewan McGregor should be arrested for all the scenes he steals Razz

I love the scene in the opera house, particularly when Sidious is telling Anakin the story of Plagueis (the Wise).

ANAKIN: 'Is it possible to learn this power?'

SIDIOUS: 'Not from a Jedi.'

I'm sorry, but I'd have arrested Palpatine on the spot after that line.

And of course there is the immortal line, delivered by Obi-Wan himself: 'Only a Sith deals in absolutes.'

LIES! The Jedi have made absolutes a part of their philosophy, Obi-Wan!

The action scenes are fantastic (as opposed to the tedium of AOTC's action), particularly the space battle that opens the film. Lucas still has it in that department.

The lightsaber fights are brilliant in how over-the-top they are. The choreographers hit us with everything they've got in the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight. I mean, come on:

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH Tumblr_ltkp4dpeVB1r03eggo1_500

It doesn't get flashier than that Very Happy
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sun 24 Apr 2016, 2:10 am

ROTS was a very good prequel. i haven't got my DVD anymore (i wonder where it got to) but i watche dit quite a lot and i hope i can see it again soon.

most importantly, i totally agree with @vaderito that the outstretched hand to padme and to rey was an obvious parallel. it was even used in one of the fan videos, as well the bridal carry vs anakin letting padme simply drop to the floor. i remember being a bit horrified but really what the parallel achieves is that you see how much gentler kylo ren is.

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 24 Apr 2016, 2:29 am

Interestingly, enough, back when ROTS first came out I got my hands on the comic book adaptation before I saw the film, and in the comic, Anakin is much harsher to Padme in the Mustafar scene. Not only does he Force choke her, but when he sees Obi-Wan emerge from the ship he hurls Padme against a nearby wall. It's implied that the trauma from that blow was a contribution to her death.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 24 Apr 2016, 3:05 am

The fight between Anakin and Obi Wan is so interesting, if Rey turn out to be aKenobi then the grabbing hands would make sense. Obi Wan was never able to save Anakin, their fight did not resolved but with Rey holding Kylo's red saber down to the snow, that mean he would eventually leave the DarkSide.

The surrounding area was symbolic too, it was burning hatred lava around Anakin and Obi Wan, while for Kylo and Rey, it's a beautiful snowy night, a fresh start.

Also, I wonder what if Yoda is capable to defeat Palpatine but by doing so, he must tapped into the DarkSide, since it was said that if Yoda chooses the DakSide, he would be the strongest one, even able to conquer Death, and during the fight with Pal, Yoda almost did just that but he stopped in time and defeated. At the end of the fight, Yoda lost his saber and the Jedi robe, meaning that he's no longer a Jedi, that he have fallen, go against the principle of Jedi and let the Sith win, so as punishment Yoda choose to exile
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next