Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH

+9
CienaRee
panki
guardienne
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Sylvia Snow
Armadeus
Rogue Rey
vaderito
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH

Post by panki Sun 24 Apr 2016, 3:59 pm

@vaderito @Rogue Rey

Oh, he is much much worse....first he comes up with all sorts of un-jedi ideas involving assassination, learning the dark side and consorting with sith.....then when his plan fails, he washes his hands off the whole thing and again makes suggestions involving arrest and murder....and when poor Ventress died and saved the jedi council from having blood on their hands, he makes such patronizing remarks that even a polite guy like Obi-wan had to tell him off.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: REVENGE OF THE SITH

Post by vaderito Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:01 pm

panki wrote:@vaderito @Rogue Rey

Oh, he is much much worse....first he comes up with all sorts of un-jedi ideas involving assassination, learning the dark side and consorting with sith.....then when his plan fails, he washes his hands off the whole thing and again makes suggestions involving arrest and murder....and when poor Ventress died and saved the jedi council from having blood on their hands, he makes such patronizing remarks that even a polite guy like Obi-wan had to tell him off.

Mace is the worst. With the Jedi like him who needs the Sith?  Laughing  

Though Palp is right. One needs to learn both Dark and Light.

@panki

Mace is the worst, with the Jedi like him who needs the Sith? Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:31 pm

The best on of the prequels.

Dark and omnius as it should be.

Some bits I liked the most (not having DVDs - but I ll join in the full coverage next week end with OT):

Order 66 - really moved me - almost cried in the cinema - especially Yoda s reaction (very similar to Leia s in TFA).
Hayden was good. Natalie not so much.

Palpatine evil and intelligent as hell.

Grevious was waste of time (I even did not remember his name - I used to call it: a strange droid who coughs too much. some bronchitis or something worse? lol

I like the callback with Obi killing him with blaster .- and his face of disgust while doing it. "So uncivilized"

The end with birth of Leia and Luke - seems a bit rushed to me. Not emotional impact I was hoping to get.

Drath Vader s "noooooooo" - the worst line in SW ever.

Liked the duel OBI vs Anakin. Nice score by JW. And emotional as hell. Interesting thing to consider: Obi was sent there by Yoda to kill Anakin- and he was struggling with this other all the way the duel. And failed to kill him at the end. This was nicely done.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:36 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:The best on of the prequels.

Dark and omnius as it should be.

Some bits I liked the most (not having DVDs - but I ll join in the full coverage next week end with OT):

Order 66 - really moved me - almost cried in the cinema - especially Yoda s reaction (very similar to Leia s in TFA).
Hayden was good. Natalie not so much.

Palpatine evil and intelligent as hell.

Grevious was waste of time (I even did not remember his name - I used to call it: a strange droid who coughs too much. some bronchitis or something worse? lol

I like the callback with Obi killing him with bluster .- and his face of disgust while doing it. "So uncivilized"

The end with birth of Leia and Luke - seems a bit rushed to me. Not emotional impact I was hoping to get.

Drath Vader s "noooooooo" - the worst line in SW ever.

Liked the duel OBI vs Anakin. Nice score by JW. And emotional as hell. Interesting thing to consider: Obi was sent there by Yoda to kill Anakin- and he was struggling with this other all the way the duel. And failed to kill him at the end. This was nicely done.

@Darth_Awakened

BIB - yeah that was totally cringeworthy.

I too loved OB1's snark about blasters Laughing Laughing
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 24 Apr 2016, 7:10 pm

@Darth_Awakened I think that "she lost the will to live" soured everything (a true eye-roller) so birth of new hopes got overshadowed. hence no desired impact.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 25 Apr 2016, 3:15 am

vaderito wrote:@Darth_Awakened I think that "she lost the will to live" soured everything (a true eye-roller) so birth of new hopes got overshadowed. hence no desired impact.
@vaderito

Definitely. Totaly out of character, out of everything.
But I did like funeral sequence - it was sad yet beautiful.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 25 Apr 2016, 6:23 am

Agreed, funeral was gorgeous.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sat 30 Apr 2016, 1:07 pm

Armadeus wrote:Interestingly, enough, back when ROTS first came out I got my hands on the comic book adaptation before I saw the film, and in the comic, Anakin is much harsher to Padme in the Mustafar scene. Not only does he Force choke her, but when he sees Obi-Wan emerge from the ship he hurls Padme against a nearby wall. It's implied that the trauma from that blow was a contribution to her death.

Lucas should have put that in the movie, to show how far Anakin had fallen to the Dark Side.

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Fri 27 Jan 2017, 1:03 pm

This is a great essay detailing the depth of thought and symbolism Lucas put into ROTS!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/starwarsprequelappreciationsociety.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/revenge-of-the-sith-essay-part-one/amp/?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

It really is one of the best Star Wars movie period.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 27 Jan 2017, 7:06 pm

Did Inadequate Women’s Healthcare Destroy Star Wars’ Old Republic?

Shortly after Padme announces to him that she’s pregnant, Anakin has a dream that she dies while giving birth. The dream feels similar the same one he had about his mother before she died. “It’s just a dream, honey,” Padme tells him the next morning. “Yeah, okay,” he replies, but the man never regains his chill.

He seriously spends two hours of the movie freaking out about his wife’s uterus, and hypes himself up so much that he gets to the point of slaughtering tiny tots in a Jedi temple. All because he can’t think of another way to save Padme from reproductive health complications.

Why didn’t they just go to a goddamned obstetrician-gynecologist?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 28 Jan 2017, 5:11 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:This is a great essay detailing the depth of thought and symbolism Lucas put into ROTS!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/starwarsprequelappreciationsociety.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/revenge-of-the-sith-essay-part-one/amp/?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

It really is one of the best Star Wars movie period.
@Darth Dementor

This is amazing! As a huge fan of ROTS, I totally vote for this essay!  cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Fri 30 Jun 2017, 7:44 pm

Fairly good theory on what Obi Wan meant when he told his Padawan "It's over Anakin.  I have the high ground."  And why it was the beginning of the end for daddy Skywalker.

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 11 Aug 2019, 8:47 pm

Episode III is easily one of the best SW films, on par with the originals, but the biggest mistep in it was Padme's death. Her simply losing the will to live seemed non sensical to lazy writing at best. But according to this theory maybe our heroine hadn't given up on life but was done in by her spouses new master...The Emperor.

In this article its writer makes the case Palpatine siphoned off her life force to save his proteges. A two fold plan because it makes Darth Vader more angry and despondent and isolates hom even more from human contact; all of which make him a more powerful Sith.
This would make Anakin's fall evem more tragic and his slaying of The Emperor even more satisfying.

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 11 Aug 2019, 10:46 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:Episode III is easily one of the best SW films, on par with the originals, but the biggest mistep in it was Padme's death. Her simply losing the will to live seemed non sensical to lazy writing at best. But according to this theory maybe our heroine hadn't given up on life but was done in by her spouses new master...The Emperor.

In this article its writer makes the case Palpatine siphoned off her life force to save his proteges. A two fold plan because it makes Darth Vader more angry and despondent and isolates hom even more from human contact; all of which make him a more powerful Sith.
This would make Anakin's fall evem more tragic and his slaying of The Emperor even more satisfying.

@Darth Dementor

I wonder if this will be solved in TRoS.

The marketing/message is the conclusion of the Skywalker Saga, yet it's difficult to know if JJ aims to definitely answer all questions, yet I know LF loves having the mysteries.

Primarily, I hope for a Padme presence in TRoS!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3