Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

+64
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
AhsokaTano
Lucina
californiagirl
12 Parsnips
Man Without A Star
rawpowah
EchoBase
giaciak2
special_cases
SanghaRen
Dar-ren19
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
KnightsofReylo_2015
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
Teo oswald
MyOnlyHope
BB-Rey
rey09
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
Geralt_Riv
Marchtwin
ReyofLightSide
Helix
Mana
Cowgirlsamurai
Blood Moon
Kylo Rey
Xylo Ren
spacebaby45678
Armadeus
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Men
BenRey
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
Moonlight13
Piper Maru
SkyStar
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
Darth_Awakened
Maria26
CienaRee
IoJovi
BastilaBey
vaderito
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
MoonlitMoss
AceofWands
Reylo Lemon
guardienne
panki
Darth Dementor
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Saracene
Kessel
68 posters

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by snufkin Sat 12 May 2018, 1:12 am

Huh, you know what's also interesting?

Spoiler:

Remember awhile back the uproar over a comment (can't remember if it was a rumor or something in an article)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by rawpowah Sat 12 May 2018, 4:15 am

@snufkin

Spoiler:
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sat 12 May 2018, 9:13 am

Uhm, reading the spoilers, it sounds like a sort of boring movie. It seems that the characters run here, run there, do this, do that, and what's the point? Maybe the point is "how Han learned not to trust anyone", but that's boring.

I don't know, maybe watching it I'll have a different impression. Looking forward to Netflix. Not feeling it to do to the cinema. I'm sure Disney won't miss one ticket.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 12 May 2018, 9:33 am

rawpowah wrote:@snufkin

Spoiler:
@rawpowah

I've been thinking that's the way it's going to go for a while. All this Solo stuff seems to be providing more evidence of that.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 12 May 2018, 10:03 am

this movie sounds like a total filler.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 12 May 2018, 10:18 am

I think it's a lighthearted "fun" movie and that's totally ok. I'm not really emotionally invested but I'm looking forward seeing it just like any other good movie that got me interested.

CT from the Knights of Rant mentioned Ben should've been named "Organa" - I'm curious what she meant with that comment. I have a theory but I want to see the movie first Cool
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 12 May 2018, 10:39 am

snufkin wrote:Huh, you know what's also interesting?

Spoiler:

Remember awhile back the uproar over a comment (can't remember if it was a rumor or something in an article)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@snufkin

Spoiler:
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 12 May 2018, 11:07 am

@rawpowah @SoloSideCousin @IoJovi Found it!

Spoiler:
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 12 May 2018, 11:13 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:

Spoiler:
@rawpowah

I've been thinking that's the way it's going to go for a while. All this Solo stuff seems to be providing more evidence of that.
@SoloSideCousin

Yeah this is what I've been thinking since I saw TLJ (and how much Ben's family ties were mentioned). Disney wants their own family saga and the Solo name is a mixture of both the past (Skywalker ties) and the future. It's the ideal cash cow.

And the only one who can continue that saga in the future is Ben Laughing. Bless his heart Laughing

Otherwise you're just stuck churning out young Han Solo movies, which will sell well, but are restrictive in terms of timeline.

I can only hope IX wraps up well for Reylo and we get closure, before LF announces the inevitable sequels with their kids. Laughing

@snufkin Just saw your comment after I posted mine and I totally agree. LF should also give us young Ben Solo movies while they're at it Laughing. Alden can play young dad Han and LF can cast a young Leia Laughing.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 12 May 2018, 11:55 am

@AceofWands Unfortunately, SW isn't on much in the way of streaming. I can't even rent any of the movies on Amazon. I did see some on an airplane once. Plus most of Disney's content is leaving Netflix next year for their own service.

I didn't read the really long, full movie spoiler, but I'm not surprised if it's filler-ish. It's meant to be a big popcorn summer blockbuster tentpole action movie, with some nostagic stuff audiences recognize, not some pivotal centerpiece of the SW tapestry. Sounds like they were able to tie it into the big SW EU story relatively well.

I'm just glad it's not a total trainwreck like many feared it could be. There have been too many recent examples of studios that do massive reshoots to change the movie's creative direction, then awkwardly edit the two together to make it by the given release date (Suicide Squad, Fant4stic, Justice League, even RO to an extent). I'm so glad they pushed the release of IX.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 12 May 2018, 3:51 pm

rawpowah wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

Spoiler:
@rawpowah

@SoloSideCousin

Yeah this is what I've been thinking since I saw TLJ (and how much Ben's family ties were mentioned). Disney wants their own family saga and the Solo name is a mixture of both the past (Skywalker ties) and the future. It's the ideal cash cow.

And the only one who can continue that saga in the future is Ben Laughing. Bless his heart Laughing

Otherwise you're just stuck churning out young Han Solo movies, which will sell well, but are restrictive in terms of timeline.

I can only hope IX wraps up well for Reylo and we get closure, before LF announces the inevitable sequels with their kids. Laughing

@snufkin Just saw your comment after I posted mine and I totally agree. LF should also give us young Ben Solo movies while they're at it Laughing. Alden can play young dad Han and LF can cast a young Leia Laughing.
@rawpowah

Exactly! The Skywalkers are Lucas's, but the Solos will belong to Disney.

Ben will break the curse and move on as a Solo.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sat 12 May 2018, 5:45 pm

californiagirl wrote:@AceofWands Unfortunately, SW isn't on much in the way of streaming. I can't even rent any of the movies on Amazon. I did see some on an airplane once. Plus most of Disney's content is leaving Netflix next year for their own service.

@californiagirl

Too bad. I guess I'll never see Solo then. Not sure I'm missing much.

Actually I do feel cheated in watching movies come out as Star Wars and without any soul. I don't need the force, but I need a bit more brain, more symbolism, more something.

I have nothing against mindless summer popcorn movies, but that ain't Star Wars. I guess in fantasy and science fiction, for some reason, I always expect a bit more depth. SW is both.

Edit to add: about Han's last name... What if they find out he is...SKYWALKER!!! Not as a relative, but as a very common last name. Problems solved.

Now seriously, I don't think we'll move on to the Solo saga. Maybe Han doesn't have a last name, meaning that his son will get Leia's last name... Which solves a lot of problems for the Skywalker-insistent folks.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 12 May 2018, 6:47 pm

@AceofWands You can watch the movie on HBO, if you have it. Mine is actually showing AOTC pretty soon.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 12 May 2018, 7:40 pm

rawpowah wrote:LF should also give us young Ben Solo movies while they're at it Laughing. Alden can play young dad Han and LF can cast a young Leia Laughing.
@rawpowah

I did not realize how much I want Alden to play young Han with little Ben in a flashback sequence in IX until now. Add that to my ever-growing SW wish list.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sat 12 May 2018, 8:50 pm

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 20180512

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 20180514

So, this happened. Smile

As well as this little surprise from Harrison during one of Aiden's interviews with Entertainment Tonight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BisrpQFh82F/
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 13 May 2018, 2:59 am

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 Scree125
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 13 May 2018, 3:41 am

Sounds like fanservice for all the annoying fanboys who hated TLJ because their Snoke theories got debunked. Rolling Eyes
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 13 May 2018, 11:04 am

OMG

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 Screen55
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 13 May 2018, 12:10 pm

californiagirl wrote:OMG

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 Screen55
@californiagirl

Sad. I know this is in tongue and cheek but it makes me so sad!!! Laughing

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 14 May 2018, 1:42 pm

californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 14 May 2018, 5:15 pm

I've been having way too much fun with Twitter screenshots once I discovered that was a thing one could do.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 Screen61
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 15 May 2018, 11:54 am

More Cannes fun

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 Ddpab610
Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 Ddpdql12
Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 Ddpdql10
Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 Ddpdql11
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 15 May 2018, 5:02 pm

Solo: A Star Wars Story [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 36 Screen62
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 15 May 2018, 11:26 pm

Reading Solo reviews, I think I'll sit this one out and maybe watch it on a long international flight or something. Doesn't sound bad, but nothing to get excited about either.

Could be a nice harmless fandom cleanser after all the TLJ wars, lol.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 16 May 2018, 12:21 am

Saracene wrote:Reading Solo reviews, I think I'll sit this one out and maybe watch it on a long international flight or something. Doesn't sound bad, but nothing to get excited about either.

Could be a nice harmless fandom cleanser after all the TLJ wars, lol.
@Saracene

It looks like a mostly-harmless piece of mostly-fluff, but knowing SW fans, I'm sure it will rip fandom the shreds yet again. Not my Han Solo and all that, or maybe he does things that some think are out of character, or answers questions in a way fans don't like, and Disney is driving SW into the ground and on and on.... Honestly, SW fans are really predictable, but think they are such perceptive edgelords. It's a trip with these people.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next