Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

+24
shii405
Kessel
bashfulblueeyes3
TheBastardofMandalore
Armadeus
Millicent the Cat
EchoBase
Irina de France
kroi
Darth Rowan
Reylo Lemon
SanghaRen
IoJovi
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
Maria26
Darth_Awakened
Geralt_Riv
panki
spacebaby45678
Helix
ISeeAnIsland
Cowgirlsamurai
vaderito
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story Empty REYNOBIS UNITE:OBI WAN MOVIE IN THE WORKS!!!

Post by vaderito Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:36 pm

But how does that connect with Breznican's scoop that Rey is related to Obi wan which is why LF wants to explore him in ST first? @spacebaby45678 @gemini

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-film-planned-director-talks-1030505

Oscar-nominated filmmaker Stephen Daldry is in early talks for the film, which would center on the Jedi Master who has been played by both Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor.
Stephen Daldry is Star Wars’ new hope.

The Oscar-nominated director behind Billy Elliot and The Hours is in early talks to direct a Star Wars standalone movie centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Sources say talks are at the earliest of stages and that the project has no script. If a deal makes, Daldry would oversee the development and writing with Lucasfilm brass. It's not known at this stage if Ewan McGregor will reprise his role.

The Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone is one of several projects being developed by Lucasfilm and Disney that fall outside the trilogies telling the saga of the Skywalker family. A Han Solo movie is now in the final stages of shooting under new director Ron Howard and Lucasfilm is also looking at movies featuring Yoda and bounty hunter Boba Fett, among others.

In the original Star Wars trilogy, Kenobi was at first a desert-dwelling and war-weary hermit who later proved to be a wise and powerful warrior, brandishing a light saber. He was briefly a mentor to a young Luke before being cut down by Darth Vader, his former pupil. Alec Guinness played Kenobi, garnering him an Oscar nomination to boot.

The character got star treatment in the George Lucas-directed prequels which told the origin of Vader and his betrayal of Kenobi and the Jedis. McGregor has said he would be open to playing the character again. Sources stress, however, that since there is no script, no actor is attached.

Daldry hails from the theater world and made his feature debut with Billy Elliot, which netted him his first directing Oscar nomination. He followed that up with searing dramas The Hours and The Reader, which also netted him directing nominations.  

He most recently directed episodes of Netflix’s period drama The Crown, which put him into play in this Emmy season.

He is repped by CAA.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story Empty Re: Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:39 pm

I nearly lost my s*** when I saw this! Today is a good day  Cool

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story Img_9310
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:44 pm

@vaderito I don't see the conflict. If Rey is a Kenobi the Obi-Wan movie is coming out after Ep IX. The perfect lead in for it, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:45 pm

Excellent news!!! cheers cheers cheers

But why, oh why, are they considering a Yoda standalone movie??? I mean, I like Yoda as much as the next person...but an entire Yoda movie???
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:48 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Excellent news!!! cheers cheers cheers

But why, oh why, are they considering a Yoda standalone movie??? I mean, I like Yoda as much as the next person...but an entire Yoda movie???
@ISeeAnIsland

I've personally always wanted a kind of Yoda muppet movie but more along the lines of Labyrinth aesthetic-wise. I think there are possibilities there but then Yoda has always been one of my favourite characters.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:49 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Excellent news!!! cheers cheers cheers

@ISeeAnIsland

They aren't. THR is just repeating the old rumor.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:49 pm

I'd love something divorced from old characters/concepts. No Death Star 2 Bothan movie, no Yoda movie. Give me a fresh cast exploring some other interesting facet of SW. I would love an Alien lead, though. Or a cast with more Aliens ( especially a Trandoshan. )
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:51 pm

@vaderito

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with whether Rey is a Kenobi or not. HOWEVER, the timing to me is the big tip off. There has been an all around Kenobi blackout in the LF advertising universe.. I.E. Ewan & James Taylor, and as we get closer and past EP8 I hope to hear more from both of the Obi's. However, I LOVE the idea of an OBI Wan standalone Reynobi or not.

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:52 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Excellent news!!!  cheers cheers cheers

But why, oh why, are they considering a Yoda standalone movie???  I mean, I like Yoda as much as the next person...but an entire Yoda movie???
@ISeeAnIsland

The Yoda movie might be set during the time he was Count Dooku's master and Dooku was a young man.....in TCW, Dooku mentions that he and Yoda had some major adventures when he was young ...and we might learn more about Palpatine's rise to power, the Elder houses, Qui Gon Jinn, Darth Plageuis etc. as well.

Last edited by panki on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:52 pm

[quote="spacebaby45678"]@vaderito

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with whether Rey is a Kenobi or not. HOWEVER, the timing to me is the big tip off. There has been an all around Kenobi blackout in the LF advertising universe.. I.E. Ewan & James Taylor, and as we get closer and past EP8 I hope to hear more from both of the Obi's. However, I LOVE the idea of an OBI Wan standalone Reynobi or not.

@spacebaby45678

But can we discuss Breznican's faith in Reynobi? It looks like he didn't tag his Reynobi theory in Rey's Parentage article for nothing. He was saying OB1 movie was a go for a long time and now it's confirmed a week after EW special. Where there's smoke...there's Snoke. Very Happy

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:55 pm

vaderito wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:@vaderito

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with whether Rey is a Kenobi or not. HOWEVER, the timing to me is the big tip off. There has been an all around Kenobi blackout in the LF advertising universe.. I.E. Ewan & James Taylor, and as we get closer and past EP8 I hope to hear more from both of the Obi's.  However, I LOVE the idea of an OBI Wan standalone Reynobi or not.

@spacebaby45678

But can we discuss Breznican's faith in Reynobi? It looks like he didn't tag his Reynobi theory in Rey's Parentage article for nothing. He was saying OB1 movie was a go for a long time and now it's confirmed a week after EW special. Where there's smoke...there's Snoke.  Very Happy

@vaderito

Breznican was reporting on EP7 before the JJ & Kasdan takeover and subsequent spoiler lockdown. So any hints/clues he has were from the Lucas/Arndt era. That is why he has faith, and that is why I have always had faith in his faith.

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:56 pm

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story Obiwan10

Finally! Finally! I'm looking forward to it.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:56 pm

Interesting in every sense. I do wonder at which period of his life they would focus. As for Yoda my first reaction was WTF?! but then I reminded my self that the green creature is 600 years old,  and it gives many possibilities to go to past of gffa
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:59 pm

And yes bring Ewan for Obi Wan, or I riot. Lol
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:00 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:Interesting in every sense. I do wonder at which period of his life they would focus. As for Yoda my first reaction was WTF?! but then I reminded my self that the green creature is 600 years old,  and it gives many possibilities to go to past of gffa
@Darth_Awakened

A handsome young stud Yoda, living a life of debauchery and then finding God The Force.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:01 pm

@spacebaby45678 Breznican weighs in on the news:

here’s a good reason for Lucasfilm to wait until after Episode IX to explore Obi-Wan’s backstory and his time in the Tatooine desert before we meet Alec Guinness’ portrayal in the first movie: They’re still figuring out how he connects to the new saga, which started with The Force Awakens.

In that film, Daisy Ridley’s Rey hears Obi-Wan’s voice when she touches the Skywalker family lightsaber. (Director J.J. Abrams created the phrase, “Rey, these are your first steps” by merging old audio of Guinness with McGregor saying the rest of the line.)

If Ben Kenobi’s past is represented in the new saga, the filmmakers will need to sort that out before going back to those earlier years. In Star Wars, the past is always speaking to the future, and vice versa.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/17/star-wars-obi-wan-spin-off/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

LOL, subtle like a sledgehammer. Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:02 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:Interesting in every sense. I do wonder at which period of his life they would focus. As for Yoda my first reaction was WTF?! but then I reminded my self that the green creature is 600 years old,  and it gives many possibilities to go to past of gffa
@Darth_Awakened

Maybe it will be about Obi-wan writing his diary on Tatooine and reminiscing about the past (allowing cameos by Anakin, Mace Windu, Yoda and Qui Gon).....and occasionally it will revert to the present where he keeps an eye on young Luke, meditates on the force and fights Jabba's thugs.

Last edited by panki on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:02 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:And yes bring Ewan for Obi Wan, or I riot. Lol
@Darth_Awakened

Ewan hasn't been confirmed but...

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:04 pm

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story Tumblr_o2b9rw65Sw1sf3okpo1_500
Kenobi: A Star Wars Story Tumblr_o2b9rw65Sw1sf3okpo3_r1_500

“I never claimed to be the Chosen One. That was Qui-Gon. Even the Council doesn’t believe it anymore, so why should you?”

“Because I think you believe it,” Obi-Wan said calmly. “I think you know in your heart that you’re meant for something extraordinary.”

“And you, Master. What does your heart tell you you’re meant for?”

“Infinite sadness,” Obi-Wan said, even while smiling.

-Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno

Source: ahsokatan
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:06 pm

Well, well, well...
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:09 pm

panki wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

Maybe it will be about Obi-wan writing his diary on Tatooine and reminiscing about the past (allowing cameos by Anakin, Mace Windu, Yoda and Qui Gon).....and occasionally it will revert to the present where he keeps an eye on young Luke, meditates on the force and fights Jabba's thugs.
@panki

Ever since I saw Logan earlier this year, I've thought something in that vein would suit an Obi-Wan movie (with a different ending of course!) But there are lots of possibilities with all the angst and Obi-Wan realising he still has a vital part to play in keeping Luke safe. There could be secret plots he has to thwart and choices he has to make about risking leaving Tatooine to save others etc. There is Mos Eisley and Jabba the Hutt and possibly other things going on at that time we are not yet privy to. Obi-Wan has always been one of my favourite characters so I'm excited for this.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:10 pm

vaderito wrote:But how does that connect with Breznican's scoop that Rey is related to Obi wan which is why LF wants to explore him in ST first? @spacebaby45678 @gemini

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-film-planned-director-talks-1030505

Oscar-nominated filmmaker Stephen Daldry is in early talks for the film, which would center on the Jedi Master who has been played by both Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor.

The Oscar-nominated director behind Billy Elliot and The Hours is in early talks to direct a Star Wars standalone movie centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Sources say talks are at the earliest of stages and that the project has no script. If a deal makes, Daldry would oversee the development and writing with Lucasfilm brass. It's not known at this stage if Ewan McGregor will reprise his role.

The Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone is one of several projects being developed by Lucasfilm and Disney that fall outside the trilogies telling the saga of the Skywalker family. A Han Solo movie is now in the final stages of shooting under new director Ron Howard and Lucasfilm is also looking at movies featuring Yoda and bounty hunter Boba Fett, among others.

In the original Star Wars trilogy, Kenobi was at first a desert-dwelling and war-weary hermit who later proved to be a wise and powerful warrior, brandishing a light saber. He was briefly a mentor to a young Luke before being cut down by Darth Vader, his former pupil. Alec Guinness played Kenobi, garnering him an Oscar nomination to boot.

The character got star treatment in the George Lucas-directed prequels which told the origin of Vader and his betrayal of Kenobi and the Jedis. McGregor has said he would be open to playing the character again. Sources stress, however, that since there is no script, no actor is attached.

Daldry hails from the theater world and made his feature debut with Billy Elliot, which netted him his first directing Oscar nomination. He followed that up with searing dramas The Hours and The Reader, which also netted him directing nominations.  

He most recently directed episodes of Netflix’s period drama The Crown, which put him into play in this Emmy season.

He is repped by CAA.
@vaderito

Holy sith! They have an incredible director on this! Billy Elliot, The Hours and The Reader are all some of my favorite movies of all time!

I wonder if they have "turned the corner" somehow after the whole Han Solo debacle and have decided to go with directors with serious credentials. I haven't kept up with Han Solo much lately, but it seems like things have been going smoothly under Ron Howard.  They brought in Jack Thorne to help Colin.  I also saw a guy on Reddit who claimed to be "in the know" saying that Colin was out, but that LF just hadn't announced yet.  Apparently Mike Quinn, the guy who plays Lando's alien co-pilot in ROTJ said something that indicated CT was being replaced.  Obviously, that could be total Reddit poster BS ... but when you compare someone like Stephen Daldry with Colin Trevorrow, the difference is vast ... and Colin is working on a *saga* film, not an anthology.  I can't help but think that LF has a few more secrets up their sleeve on some of these projects.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:16 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:But how does that connect with Breznican's scoop that Rey is related to Obi wan which is why LF wants to explore him in ST first? @spacebaby45678 @gemini

He is repped by CAA.
@vaderito

Holy sith! They have an incredible director on this! Billy Elliot, The Hours and The Reader are all some of my favorite movies of all time!

I wonder if they have "turned the corner" somehow after the whole Han Solo debacle and have decided to go with directors with serious credentials. I haven't kept up with Han Solo much lately, but it seems like things have been going smoothly under Ron Howard.  They brought in Jack Thorne to help Colin.  I also saw a guy on Reddit who claimed to be "in the know" saying that Colin was out, but that LF just hadn't announced yet.  Apparently Mike Quinn, the guy who plays Lando's alien co-pilot in ROTJ said something that indicated CT was being replaced.  Obviously, that could be total Reddit poster BS ... but when you compare someone like Stephen Daldry with Colin Trevorrow, the difference is vast ... and Colin is working on a *saga* film, not an anthology.  I can't help but think that LF has a few more secrets up their sleeve on some of these projects.
@SoloSideCousin

I remember people putting out the idea that LF was using 'new blood' directors since they're cheaper and easier to control, but I guess that hasn't been going to well with the R1 reshoots, Han Solo, the CT debacle etc.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:16 pm

No Ewan, no movie. David Harper is good in Stranger Things and seems like a likable guy, but I have zero interest in a Hellboy movie without Ron Perlman as Hellboy. Otherwise

1) I only ask that they give Louis C.K. a cameo as the dude who gets flustered every time Obi-Wan speaks to him.

2) Speaking of Obi-Wan speaking to somebody, like I've said ad infinitum, besides Reylo, the other detail which shocked the F**k out of me and made me take interest in the ST is the revelation that Kylo Ren is named about Ben Kenobi. Old Ben and Young Ben both see and interact with Rey in her Force vision. Especially because Obi-Wan is the only character shown in the film, as both the McGregor and Guinness versions,  to actually know her name and who she is.

3) Best scene in SW is when Harrison Ford and Sir Alec Guiness face off where Obi-Wan totally winds up Han and baits his "you never heard of the Millenium Falcon?" line. Which I noticed re-watching as an adult given how Rey knows who he is and Old Han shrugs it off versus how Young Han was such a cocky and arrogant a**hole about it. Thanks to Obi-Wan, he goes from false pride to being somebody of serious accomplishment (how Finn knows him from his role in the Rebellion). Like it really f**king means something important that's who Han named his son after and he tries to call him back to the light with that name. And it may be a throwaway detail, but they've said that Snoke has forbidden that name to be spoken in the FO.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:20 pm

Early talks doesn't mean he'll do it. Also, they can always fire directors like L&M. Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next