Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SW Sequel Trilogy Metas

+22
AceofWands
Darth Dingbat
Acritiqua
Darth Dementor
ViviF
Slade
Xylo Ren
Irina de France
Mana
ZenBrainJam
guardienne
Sylvia Snow
vaderito
Kinbari
Darth_Awakened
AnneNeville
nonesuch
BastilaBey
FrolickingFizzgig
Reynak
Moonjump05
RKR Connection
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SW Sequel Trilogy Metas - Page 2 Empty Re: SW Sequel Trilogy Metas

Post by guardienne Wed 04 May 2016, 8:35 am

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam Fri 06 May 2016, 4:37 am

http://reykenobiandbensolo.tumblr.com/post/143668721527/juliet-rey-balconies
Did we know this already? It find it beautiful: Juliet, Rey & balconies, a meta about the bridge scene and its paralles with Shakespeare.
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 11 May 2016, 5:56 pm

Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 30 May 2016, 7:55 pm

I guess it's okay to do self-promotion? I did two metas until now, but I do intend to do more, eventually. Wink

French dubs and their subtleties...
http://cosette-giry.tumblr.com/post/143113301997/french-dubs-and-their-subtleties

Anidala and Reylo: Mustafar vs the Interrogation scene
http://cosette-giry.tumblr.com/post/145177289657/anidala-and-reylo-mustafar-vs-interrogation-scene
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 7:59 pm

Irina de France wrote:I guess it's okay to do self-promotion? I did two metas until now, but I do intend to do more, eventually. Wink

French dubs and their subtleties...
http://cosette-giry.tumblr.com/post/143113301997/french-dubs-and-their-subtleties

Anidala and Reylo: Mustafar vs the Interrogation scene
http://cosette-giry.tumblr.com/post/145177289657/anidala-and-reylo-mustafar-vs-interrogation-scene
@Irina de France

This is probably a stupid question, but is there a Canadian French dub of the Force Awakens? Or two separate European French dubs? I first heard French Kylo Ren on youtube and adored his voice! I was delighted to learn the French dub was on my blu-ray, but when I listened to it Kylo Ren's voice was completely different! So now I'm trying to find out which dub I heard first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 30 May 2016, 8:10 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@Irina de France

This is probably a stupid question, but is there a Canadian French dub of the Force Awakens? Or two separate European French dubs? I first heard French Kylo Ren on youtube and adored his voice! I was delighted to learn the French dub was on my blu-ray, but when I listened to it Kylo Ren's voice was completely different! So now I'm trying to find out which dub I heard first.
@AppleCrumble122

It's not a stupid question at all! Wink They do usually do separate dubs for France and Canada. I've listened to the Canadian French version for sure, since I've bought the DVD here in Canada, and I have to say it's this version that has Christian Perrault. And I thought his voice was pretty yummy XD It all depends on where you live and where you got the DVD, really Wink If you're in the US, I wouldn't be surprised if you got the French dub from France.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 8:23 pm

Irina de France wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@Irina de France

@AppleCrumble122

It's not a stupid question at all! Wink They do usually do separate dubs for France and Canada. I've listened to the Canadian French version for sure, since I've bought the DVD here in Canada, and I have to say it's this version that has Christian Perrault. And I thought his voice was pretty yummy XD It all depends on where you live and where you got the DVD, really Wink If you're in the US, I wouldn't be surprised if you got the French dub from France.
@Irina de France

Hehe thanks! I'm from the UK so I'm certain I got the European French dub. This is the version I first heard - is this Christian Perrault? http://gwendy85.tumblr.com/post/142505950798

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 30 May 2016, 8:38 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
Irina de France wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@Irina de France

@AppleCrumble122

@Irina de France

Hehe thanks! I'm from the UK so I'm certain I got the European French dub. This is the version I first heard - is this Christian Perrault? http://gwendy85.tumblr.com/post/142505950798
@AppleCrumble122

Yup, that's the French Canadian dub all right. Razz
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 May 2016, 8:54 pm

Irina de France wrote:Yup, that's the French Canadian dub all right. Razz
@Irina de France

Thank you so much! Now I know which version I heard first and prefer, and that I'm not going crazy lol! Wink Definitely French Canadian dub all the way! His voice is so sexy! The European one was way too deep in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Thu 02 Jun 2016, 9:16 am

Great analysis on camera angles and perspective in the Interrogation scene

http://felixazrael.tumblr.com/post/145291065990/from-a-certain-point-of-view-a-brief-lesson-in

Credit felixazrael
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Wed 06 Jul 2016, 7:42 pm

Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 20 Jul 2016, 9:53 pm

Did a little meta on Rey, Kylo, their origins and did parallels with Greek mythology and tragedies (and as I said in another topic, that's where you see I'm a French lit student, not an English lit one XD)

http://cosette-giry.tumblr.com/post/147567800242/rey-kylo-ren-greek-myths-and-tragedies-or-why
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch Sat 23 Jul 2016, 2:35 pm

Because it provides a much better format for long, text-based posts, I have established a Wordpress blog to share my writings on Star Wars. Much of the content over the coming weeks will be familiar from my tumblr blog, but all of the upcoming pieces have been revised and edited to line up with our present knowledge, which has often changed substantially since I first wrote the posts in question. I have regular content lined up for several months, so keep an eye on it!

https://journalofthestarwars.wordpress.com/
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Sat 23 Jul 2016, 3:22 pm

nonesuch wrote:Because it provides a much better format for long, text-based posts, I have established a Wordpress blog to share my writings on Star Wars. Much of the content over the coming weeks will be familiar from my tumblr blog, but all of the upcoming pieces have been revised and edited to line up with our present knowledge, which has often changed substantially since I first wrote the posts in question. I have regular content lined up for several months, so keep an eye on it!

@nonesuch

Aaaaand bookmarked!
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch Sat 23 Jul 2016, 3:48 pm

Slade wrote:
nonesuch wrote:Because it provides a much better format for long, text-based posts, I have established a Wordpress blog to share my writings on Star Wars. Much of the content over the coming weeks will be familiar from my tumblr blog, but all of the upcoming pieces have been revised and edited to line up with our present knowledge, which has often changed substantially since I first wrote the posts in question. I have regular content lined up for several months, so keep an eye on it!

@nonesuch

Aaaaand bookmarked!
@Slade

Thank you! I really appreciate the support Smile.
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Darth Dementor Mon 12 Dec 2016, 7:20 pm

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Fri 19 May 2017, 11:36 am

Since it's in there. I just want to point out that the world doesn't only consist of Reylos and Antis. And although the Antis may reduce the interrogation scene to only a coded **** scene, that doesn't mean that anyone who sees these elements in the scene is an Anti. Nor does it mean perceiving such elements is a condemnation of Reylo by itself. I see these elements *and* I like Reylo. Though I would not reduce the scene to *only* that. It's an underlying subtext (as in Kylo is NOT literally a ******), and there is so much more going on, symbolically and directly. Reducing it to that seems to miss the entire scene and I've noticed that people who do that often also don't believe Kylo has compassion for Rey. I was convinced he does the first time I saw the scene, because I was *watching* it. As soon as Kylo saw Rey's loneliness and inner world, he began to feel for her. I might argue even before that, as I thought that he rendered her unconscious, not only because it makes the capture easier, but because she was terrified and he didn't want to scare her so much (how he behaves after she wakes up further shows this). It was also as though he was claiming her (bridal carry, taking her over the threshold of his ship, into his realm), yet also seemed to see her as something precious that he would trust no one else with.

Anyway the interrogation scene is a rich scene and there is a lot to explore in it.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 19 May 2017, 11:46 am

Acritiqua wrote:Since it's in there. I just want to point out that the world doesn't only consist of Reylos and Antis. And although the Antis may reduce the interrogation scene to only a coded **** scene, that doesn't mean that anyone who sees these elements in the scene is an Anti. Nor does it mean perceiving such elements is a condemnation of Reylo by itself. I see these elements *and* I like Reylo. Though I would not reduce the scene to *only* that. It's an underlying subtext (as in Kylo is NOT literally a ******), and there is so much more going on, symbolically and directly. Reducing it to that seems to miss the entire scene and I've noticed that people who do that often also don't believe Kylo has compassion for Rey. I was convinced he does the first time I saw the scene, because I was *watching* it. It's a rich scene and there is a lot to explore in it. As soon as Kylo saw Rey's loneliness and inner world, he began to feel for her.
@Acritiqua

Re: the bolded - I personally feel like it ought to be. I just can't reconcile the idea of anyone seeing that scene as an actual coded rape scene with seeing Reylo as okay, let alone likely to happen.

Seeing it as a rich scene with many levels to explore (both textual and subtextual) is different from seeing it as a "coded rape scene". Not that I judge you if you genuinely see it that way; everybody has a different way of engaging with fiction.

But frankly, if it were a coded rape scene - a coded empowering rape scene, at that - I would lose a lot of respect for JJ.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Fri 19 May 2017, 12:17 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Acritiqua wrote:Since it's in there. I just want to point out that the world doesn't only consist of Reylos and Antis. And although the Antis may reduce the interrogation scene to only a coded **** scene, that doesn't mean that anyone who sees these elements in the scene is an Anti. Nor does it mean perceiving such elements is a condemnation of Reylo by itself. I see these elements *and* I like Reylo. Though I would not reduce the scene to *only* that. It's an underlying subtext (as in Kylo is NOT literally a ******), and there is so much more going on, symbolically and directly. Reducing it to that seems to miss the entire scene and I've noticed that people who do that often also don't believe Kylo has compassion for Rey. I was convinced he does the first time I saw the scene, because I was *watching* it. It's a rich scene and there is a lot to explore in it. As soon as Kylo saw Rey's loneliness and inner world, he began to feel for her.
@Acritiqua

Re: the bolded - I personally feel like it ought to be. I just can't reconcile the idea of anyone seeing that scene as an actual coded rape scene with seeing Reylo as okay, let alone likely to happen.

Seeing it as a rich scene with many levels to explore (both textual and subtextual) is different from seeing it as a "coded rape scene". Not that I judge you if you genuinely see it that way; everybody has a different way of engaging with fiction.

But frankly, if it were a coded rape scene - a coded empowering rape scene, at that - I would lose a lot of respect for JJ.
@Darth Dingbat

I agree. Plus Kylo and Rey have that sort of bonding moment, with that energy between then and yada yada. If that had been a coded you-know-what, that would be very, very sick and disturbing.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Fri 19 May 2017, 12:18 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:

Seeing it as a rich scene with many levels to explore (both textual and subtextual)
is different from seeing it as a "coded rape scene". Not that I judge you if you genuinely see it that way; everybody has a different way of engaging with fiction.
@Darth Dingbat And the above is how I see it. It's like listening to a symphony. There are a lot of overlapping melodies and harmonies. If you pull one of them and examine it in depth that does not mean it is the entire piece of music just because you're focusing on it right now. It may not even sound like the rest of the music--it may be in the harmony, whereas the melody is what really carries/defines the music.

And if someone is examining this one thread it's not reasonable to assume that person is an Anti. It's needlessly polarizing imo.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 19 May 2017, 12:35 pm

Acritiqua wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:

Seeing it as a rich scene with many levels to explore (both textual and subtextual)
is different from seeing it as a "coded rape scene". Not that I judge you if you genuinely see it that way; everybody has a different way of engaging with fiction.
@Darth Dingbat And the above is how I see it. It's like listening to a symphony. There are a lot of overlapping melodies and harmonies. If you pull one of them and examine it in depth that does not mean it is the entire piece of music just because you're focusing on it right now. It may not even sound like the rest of the music--it may be in the harmony, whereas the melody is what really carries/defines the music.

And if someone is examining this one thread it's not reasonable to assume that person is an Anti. It's needlessly polarizing imo.
@Acritiqua

I don't know if we really disagree; I just think we'll never agree on the semantics of this. It's mainly the terminology we disagree upon.

The thing is, there is an element of danger in Kylo; there needs to be an element of danger, of unpredictability, of implicit threat, for the scene to be as complex as it is, and to actually work as it does. Had Kylo just been nice and gentle and apologetic with Rey, there would be no struggle, no battle of the sexes, no turning of tables, and the scene wouldn't be the same at all. Being a Dangerous Male, Kylo draws on a whole lot of Gothic archetypes. Rey, as the captive maiden, in her turn draws on a whole lot of archetypes. Without all this, the scene wouldn't be the same, and Rey dominating Kylo wouldn't be as thrilling. I think it's worth noting that the scene's sexual subtext gets on a whole new on-the-nose level when Rey starts dominating Kylo. That's when the heart pounding, heavy breathing, etc. comes along. So another, alternative "sexual" reading of that scene could be of a man going weak when confronted with female sexuality. All of that is lost the moment one casts Rey as the victim.

But danger is one thing, and sexual subtext is one thing; being a coded rape scene is something where I personally draw the line. I agree with @AceofWands, the scene is meant to be not only empowering, but also a moment of mysterious, primal connection between Kylo and Rey. ("They react to a feeling that passes between them..." a.k.a. the "don't be afraid, I feel it too" moment.) As a coded rape scene, I couldn't see that as anything other than sickening.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua Fri 19 May 2017, 1:56 pm

@Darth Dingbat - I agree with a lot of what you say except that I see this element in the scene too. I probably won't be able to determine how strong I think it is until the trilogy ends. Anything in the subtext is kind of indeterminate. The beauty of subtext is that it is not maintext.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Thu 17 Aug 2017, 6:17 pm

Intentionality: “Quick” Analysis of Rey’s Capture on Takodana."
By Kylo Rey All Day Erry Day

https://www.google.com/amp/kylo-rey-all-day-erry-day.tumblr.com/post/136875080958/intentionality-quick-analysis-of-reys-capture/amp

Another fantastic Meta about the infamous Reylo Bridal Carry.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 21 Dec 2017, 10:09 am

@reylo1992's Failure is the Greatest Master: Why it is Rey who Failed Kylo More than the Contrary (aka: wounded animal domestication meta):
https://reylo1992.tumblr.com/post/168679312243/failure-is-the-greatest-master-why-it-is-rey-who

@reynak's The Broken Lightsaber Symbolizes Ben Solo Himself
What if the broken lightsaber symbolizes Ben Solo himself? It was lost for years and locked up in a chest in a castle’s cellar (Mazz’s place is like a castle) like Kylo was trapped in Snoke’s lair. The saber was found by Rey but was rejected when she didn’t accept her hero’s quest in TFA, like Rey found Ben but rejected his call, just like like she rejected the lightsaber’s. It eventually became Rey’s despite her initial intention to give it to Luke, who threw it away unceremoniously in TLJ. Rey was sent to Luke carrying the lightsaber in her bag, without using it, and both the saber and Rey were sent to Luke by Leia, like Ben was as a kid.

The lightsaber was the instrument to end Snoke. Like Kylo himself, it was necessary to do away with great evil. Kylo killed the Supreme Leader, a bad guy with no personality or known background, who’s little more than a mere representation of evil, like the snake in the Bible.

The saber was used by Ray on the island after she rescued it, so to speak. It was among the garbage like Ben is, discarded by everyone but Rey, the only one who bothers to salvage it like the scavenger she is and can use it because it calls her, it goes to her (TFA) answering her summons and behaves as if it is hers, though Kylo claims it belongs to him.

This lightsaber is the Skywalker legacy and it’s doomed, nobody wants it but Rey, who rejected it in the beginning despite what Mazz said to her. Kylo himself is the last Skywalker, so he is the Skywalker legacy made flesh ( and what flesh, LOL)

What Rey means to him finally broke him. He was being torn apart and pulled by Dark and Light until in the end he broke apart splitting in two like the lightsaber, torn between being being Ben Solo and his other side, the Kylo Ren persona.

If I am right it’s not bad that Rey has the two parts of the broken lightsaber, because she cares for him although he is broken. Others would throw him away like garbage but not Rey, she is a scavenger after all. Perhaps this is why Leia said her son is lost ( how I hated it when she said that), to show that he is at his lowest point, broken, and only Rey is in the position to make him whole. Nobody else can, only Rey and Ben himself.

I have seen the movie only once, did Kylo keep anything from the lightsaber? I can’t remember.

I was so angry when Leia gave up on him, as a mother I can’t take that, but this is a fairiytale and everything is symbolic in fairytales, so this may mean only the heroine can save Ben Solo through love, like Beauty saved the Beast.

In fairytales heroes are orphans or leave their past behind, perhaps the loss of parents shouldn’t be taken in a literal way. I mean, if this was real I could never root for Ben or understand why his parents gave up on him and didn’t go to rescue him when he was in Snoke’s clutches.

Han and Luke went to rescue Leia in ANH but none of them tried to save Ben when he was trapped. Luke knew how hurt and horrified he must be after what he tried to do to him and didn’t try to help him, the same Luke who saved the Resistance and believed Anakin could be redeemed.

How horrible is this? As horrible, if not more, than what Kylo did, because he was their kid.

But this isn’t a relistic drama but a fairytale where parents are always irrelevant, they can never help. For instance, why didn’t Cinderella’s father or Snowhite’s father protect them? Why were their mothers dead? Because the heroine has to complete her journey by herself and parents never rescue the princess prisoner to a dragon or under an evil spell, only the hero can help the captive princess, only Rey can help Ben. This is how I see it if this is indeed a fairytale.
found originally in this thread: http://reylo.skyforum.net/t674p875-romantic-reylo-aka-the-who-s-your-daddy-thread#172205

Rey and Anakin's Lightsaber: What Went Wrong This Time by roguewn
https://roguewn.tumblr.com/post/168623016927/rey-and-anakins-lightsaber-what-went-wrong-this

Ying & Yang in The Last Jedi by menin-aeide
https://menin-aeide.tumblr.com/post/168612942885/yin-and-yang-in-the-last-jedi

Kylo Ren's Redemption Part 1 by ohtze
http://seankayos.tumblr.com/post/168779470804/kylo-rens-redemption-master-post-part-1-your

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Thu 21 Dec 2017, 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some more metas in)
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next