Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did Han know?

+9
Sylvia Snow
ladyconsular
EchoBase
Irina de France
Rimfaxe96
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
SoloSideCousin
Slade
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How did Han know? Empty How did Han know?

Post by Slade Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:07 pm

If Han hadn't seen Kylo since before he turned (since Kylo was a teen training with Luke), how did Han recognize Kylo on Takodana?
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

How did Han know? Empty Re: How did Han know?

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:23 pm

I wonder if Kylo was in propaganda for the FO. He could have seen him on SW TV (holonet I think) dressed like that ans maybe Leia "knew" it was Ben.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 05 Jul 2016, 1:43 pm

I can't imagine that there were all that many Force users with that height and build in the First Order. If the Resistance received reports of things that Kylo and the KOR were up to, it probably wouldn't have been difficult for Han and Leia to put two-and-two together.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:32 pm

Hmmm...I'm just wondering how much Han and Leia knew of what Kylo was up to once he defected from Luke. How did they know Kylo was with the first order?  I guess we will learn more in ep 8.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:38 pm

Ben forgot to defriend his parents on Facebook after his turn to the DS. Just like how he figures out that Rey is on Ache-to because he's been Facebook stalking her (that public profile photo of her playing beer pong with Poe and Finn makes him way more jealous than he'd ever admit).

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:41 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:If the Resistance received reports of things that Kylo and the KOR were up to, it probably wouldn't have been difficult for Han and Leia to put two-and-two together.

@ISeeAnIsland

Ugh, great, more stuff Lucasfilm can tear my heart to pieces with. As if the recent books with Leia's POV aren't bad enough. Sad
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:50 pm

Honestly, I want to ask Pablo if the Resistance/New Republic knows Han and Leia's son is the FO's poster boy. I'm starting to wonder if they do, because... if the reveal about that happens in VIII, all I can say is ouch for Leia. Sad

I don't have a Twitter account, but if anyone here does, I'd be very grateful if you asked.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:56 pm

Irina de France wrote:Honestly, I want to ask Pablo if the Resistance/New Republic knows Han and Leia's son is the FO's poster boy. I'm starting to wonder if they do, because... if the reveal about that happens in VIII, all I can say is ouch for Leia. Sad

I don't have a Twitter account, but if anyone here does, I'd be very grateful if you asked.
@Irina de France

I am not sure, but I think he's already confirmed that the resistance doesn't know, but I'm not sure if I remember correctly, maybe someone else can clarify.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 05 Jul 2016, 2:57 pm

Irina de France wrote:Honestly, I want to ask Pablo if the Resistance/New Republic knows Han and Leia's son is the FO's poster boy. I'm starting to wonder if they do, because... if the reveal about that happens in VIII, all I can say is ouch for Leia. Sad

@Irina de France

I don't have the tweet at hand, but I'm pretty sure that someone asked Pablo that question a little while back, and that his answer implied that only a few people were aware that Ben Solo = Kylo Ren.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 05 Jul 2016, 3:00 pm

Oh, so that would definitely explain the rumors of the Resistance being in shambles in VIII. I mean, with Leia being Vader's daughter, having your son being the First Order's poster boy certainly wouldn't help the matters between her and the Republic, and I don't think everyone in the Resistance would be 100% okay with that... I guess Snoke could have Leia know somehow her son is with him, or maybe she, or Luke could come across Kylo at some point while fighting the FO and discover at that moment Ben = Kylo Ren. Honestly, the most plausible scenario for me right now is that:

1. The truth about Vader is revealed to the entire galaxy (or almost);
2. Jedi "academy" disaster happens (could definitely be related to Vadergate and not be entirely Ben's doing... angry mob, anyone?), and Ben disappears for a while;
3. A while later, Luke/Leia comes across Ben, who is now Kylo Ren, and whoever comes across him sends word to the other;
4. Luke goes into exile, and Han and Leia split up.

So the list of people who (probably) knew Ben Solo = Kylo Ren until now is made of Han, Leia and Luke of course, Snoke, Rey, Finn, and Lor San Tekka.

Okay, back to the topic, sorry XD
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:44 pm

snufkin wrote:Ben forgot to defriend his parents on Facebook after his turn to the DS. Just like how he figures out that Rey is on Ache-to because he's been Facebook stalking her (that public profile photo of her playing beer pong with Poe and Finn makes him way more jealous than he'd ever admit).
@snufkin

OMG this is genius!
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 05 Jul 2016, 6:13 pm

Slade wrote:
snufkin wrote:Ben forgot to defriend his parents on Facebook after his turn to the DS. Just like how he figures out that Rey is on Ache-to because he's been Facebook stalking her (that public profile photo of her playing beer pong with Poe and Finn makes him way more jealous than he'd ever admit).
@snufkin

OMG this is genius!
@Slade

There's one very nice piece of fan art that shows the parallels and the sad panel close to the end showing her with her new human and droid buddies while he's with the (probably less fun and friendly) KoR. If he's on the hunt for her at the beginning of the next movie, most logical start for a 20something these days would be social media, right? He'll be looking for her profile and then obsessively refreshing it because the only thing public is her profile photo.

Han would've been one of those "computers aren't my thing" type of dads who would've had a FB account with only his wife and kid as friends. And you know he would've replied to any of Ben's posts by signing "DAD" at the end.

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 05 Jul 2016, 6:34 pm

snufkin wrote:
Slade wrote:
@snufkin

OMG this is genius!
@Slade

There's one very nice piece of fan art that shows the parallels and the sad panel close to the end showing her with her new human and droid buddies while he's with the (probably less fun and friendly) KoR. If he's on the hunt for her at the beginning of the next movie, most logical start for a 20something these days would be social media, right? He'll be looking for her profile and then obsessively refreshing it because the only thing public is the profile photo of her with her new total loser, not Force Sensitive buddies from the Resistance.

Han would've been one of those "computers aren't my thing" type of dads who would've had a FB account with only his wife and kid as friends. And you know he would've replied to any of Ben's posts by signing "DAD" at the end.
@snufkin

Han would also semi-regularly share viral posts about various things related to Facebook privacy if you don't do such-and-such.

To which Ben would roll his eyes and respond by posting the appropriate Snopes.com (not Snokes.com) link.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular Tue 05 Jul 2016, 7:15 pm

Is it possible that besides maybe already knowing due to spies or something, that Han was force sensitive? Maybe he also sensed Rey would not be harmed so he let him take her and brushed Finn off when he freaked out?

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Tue 05 Jul 2016, 9:29 pm

ladyconsular wrote:Is it possible that besides maybe already knowing due to spies or something, that Han was force sensitive? Maybe he also sensed Rey would not be harmed so he let him take her and brushed Finn off when he freaked out?
@ladyconsular

I've read that theory laid out before.  If he was mildly force sensitive, it would explain his lifetime of good luck with things like navigating through asteroids and shooting blind.  Seems legit.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular Tue 05 Jul 2016, 9:48 pm

I get that feeling he might have been. He was able to use Anakin's lightsaber too. I also felt that scene with Leia before he leaves for the base was him knowing he would die. He had an expression that made me think he felt or knew he would not return to her and that would be the last time he held her.

Maybe when Leia said he could save Ben because he was his father was also a blood thing. Maybe she knew he was force sensitive and his untouched by the dark side blood would save him from his cursed Skywalker blood. Mix it with Rey's whatever blood lol and you have his redemption at hand.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:06 pm

I personally would like to think that Han is a Squibs Force Sensitive. Unlike Luke, Leia and other Force Users, where they can use the Force with physical attack like Force Lighting, ForceBond,etc and train to be Jedi or Sith. Han power in the Force is more subtle and working in a different way than others, more of a subconscious level. Han may not able to use any Jedi or Sith skills but maybe he is in fact immune to any temptation from the DarkSide and his Force power could enhance his thinking and reaction though it's unlikely since there are no confirmation on whether Han is in fact Force Sensitive or not and how strong in the Force he could had been. Although we could said that Kylo might inherited some of his powers and talent
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:22 pm

I love that idea! Han is like the cure to the Dark Side lol and because Kylo Ren has his Solo blood it's battling with his Skywalker blood and that's why he's torn.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:41 am

Man, Leia would just look downright tragic and the most s*** on character and the worst force sensitive if Kylo never gets redeemed - with her father as Vader and her son as the FO posterboy, and her brother abandoning her  Evil or Very Mad .  I know it's not her fault but dam.  And then her son kills her husband after she sends her husband off to bring her son home ("there's still light in him!").  And her husband dies for nothing, doesn't get to save the galaxy or the son.  Just thinking about it makes me mad and they better not do that to Leia. I really don't see how anyone would want that for her.  That lady has enough done to her already.  Again, this isn't GOT.
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 06 Jul 2016, 2:33 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:I personally would like to think that Han is a Squibs Force Sensitive. Unlike Luke, Leia and other Force Users, where they can use the Force with physical attack like Force Lighting, ForceBond,etc and train to be Jedi or Sith. Han power in the Force is more subtle and working in a different way than others, more of a subconscious level. Han may not able to use any Jedi or Sith skills but maybe he is in fact immune to any temptation from the DarkSide and his Force power could enhance his thinking and reaction though it's unlikely since there are no confirmation on whether Han is in fact Force Sensitive or not and how strong in the Force he could had been. Although we could said that Kylo might inherited some of his powers and talent
@Sylvia Snow

Han has said, "I have a bad feeling about this." Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 06 Jul 2016, 7:08 am

Irina de France wrote:2. Jedi "academy" disaster happens (could definitely be related to Vadergate and not be entirely Ben's doing... angry mob, anyone?), and Ben disappears for a while;
@Irina de France

That's what I've been thinking ever since Bloodlines came out. If Leia had assassins sent after her after Vadergate, who knows what would happen at the Academy? Maybe some other pro-student thought he was fit to be the new leader of the place and wanted to get rid of them?
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 09 Jul 2016, 6:24 am

ladyconsular wrote:I get that feeling he might have been. He was able to use Anakin's lightsaber too. I also felt that scene with Leia before he leaves for the base was him knowing he would die. He had an expression that made me think he felt or knew he would not return to her and that would be the last time he held her.

Maybe when Leia said he could save Ben because he was his father was also a blood thing. Maybe she knew he was force sensitive and his untouched by the dark side blood would save him from his cursed Skywalker blood. Mix it with Rey's whatever blood lol and you have his redemption at hand.
@ladyconsular

That would be a great twist, that the guy who once referred to the Force as 'mumbo jumbo' was actually 'Force sensitive himself. And it means we might yet see Han as a Force ghost.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 09 Jul 2016, 6:29 am

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
Irina de France wrote:2. Jedi "academy" disaster happens (could definitely be related to Vadergate and not be entirely Ben's doing... angry mob, anyone?), and Ben disappears for a while;
@Irina de France

That's what I've been thinking ever since Bloodlines came out. If Leia had assassins sent after her after Vadergate, who knows what would happen at the Academy? Maybe some other pro-student thought he was fit to be the new leader of the place and wanted to get rid of them?
@Rimfaxe96

There is a very good fanfic on AOA called 'Strategic Alliances' by Wissixwe which suggest such a scenario. If Ben was forced out of the Academy by angry fellow students it would be a good reason for him to be bitter about Luke and the Jedi Academy.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 09 Jul 2016, 6:39 am

What if Snoke sent some holograms of Ben to his parents? Like, hey, I've got your boy! Mine!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sat 09 Jul 2016, 8:51 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:I personally would like to think that Han is a Squibs Force Sensitive. Unlike Luke, Leia and other Force Users, where they can use the Force with physical attack like Force Lighting, ForceBond,etc and train to be Jedi or Sith. Han power in the Force is more subtle and working in a different way than others, more of a subconscious level. Han may not able to use any Jedi or Sith skills but maybe he is in fact immune to any temptation from the DarkSide and his Force power could enhance his thinking and reaction though it's unlikely since there are no confirmation on whether Han is in fact Force Sensitive or not and how strong in the Force he could had been. Although we could said that Kylo might inherited some of his powers and talent
@Sylvia Snow

I think you're onto something there. Han is such a curious character. He doesn't believe in the Force (until TFA that is) but he does seem to know he's a particularly lucky character, which does imply Force sensitivity IMO. And then we have Rey in TFA explaining away her success in saving Finn from the Rathtars as "lucky".

@solosidecousin And yes to Han's gut feelings as well! Luck + gut feelings imply at least a low level of sensitivity. But he's our resident atheist of sorts so naturally he wouldn't have ever tried to use powers he denies having.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum