Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leia's ring

5 posters

Go down

Leia's ring Empty Leia's ring

Post by reenydet Thu 27 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm

I just watched TFA for the gazillionth time and, with each viewing, I'm left wondering as to the significance, if any, of the ring Leia wears. It has two stones and I think it's sort of prominently displayed. When I venture to other sites, I start to feel a little wavering in the force, so I need some reassurance from the sages on this board. Any significance to the ring? What would Pablo (or whatever he's calling himself these days) say?

reenydet
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Leia's ring Empty Re: Leia's ring

Post by snufkin Thu 27 Oct 2016, 2:14 pm

I figured it was one stone for Han and one stone for Ben.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 27 Oct 2016, 2:18 pm

Great question - Rey Soloists love this damn thing. They seem to think it signifies Leia's two children. Well that would be all fine and dandy if Bloodlines hadn't made it clear Leia only had one child (among the other mountainous evidence against that theory, which doesn't even count the very non-familial way the supposed siblings look at each other).

Personally, I'm with @Snufkin. I believe it symbolizes Han and Ben. The fact she's still wearing it in that scene symbolizes she still hasn't given up on her son, in spite of what he's done.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Oct 2016, 2:36 pm

It could just as easily signify herself and Luke, them being twins.

Maybe it has significance to Alderaan and Bail and Breha.

Leia might just consider it a nice piece of jewellery.

Has every piece of jewellery ever worn by any character in Star Wars been studied for meaning? I don't mean to sound pedantic but if that ring meant anything it would have been heavily signposted in the movie. Instead, it was an incidental detail probably missed by the majority of the general audience.

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Thu 27 Oct 2016, 2:59 pm

i think it's unusual because in all of the rest of the movie she wears this terribly drab outfit and she somehow dressed up for the end?

i don't think the ring has any meaning.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 27 Oct 2016, 3:01 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:It could just as easily signify herself and Luke, them being twins.

Maybe it has significance to Alderaan and Bail and Breha.

Leia might just consider it a nice piece of jewellery.

Has every piece of jewellery ever worn by any character in Star Wars been studied for meaning? I don't mean to sound pedantic but if that ring meant anything it would have been heavily signposted in the movie. Instead, it was an incidental detail probably missed by the majority of the general audience.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Honestly the cynical side of me just thinks the best answer is that it's a remnant of JJ's mystery box, which was meant to promote speculation even if the answer isn't true. Similar to Han and Rey finishing each other's sentences on the Falcon....

@reenydet Fret not though... Rey Solo has been debunked so many times over from Daisy Ridley to Pablo to JJ's slip back in April that that theory is deader than a doornail.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 27 Oct 2016, 3:21 pm

I figured maybe the two stones were for her husband and son, because saddest part of that movie when they show her approaching Rey is that you know she had the tiniest bit of hope while waiting that the two of them would be returning to her. No wonder she needed a hug from Rey :( - they both share the pain of missing loved ones.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down