Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA

+25
SanghaRen
Xylo Ren
Darth Dingbat
motherofpearl1
FrolickingFizzgig
LondonGal555
guardienne
Moonjump05
snufkin
Little_Boots
reylo1992
Sylvia Snow
Rei of Sunshine
Jakku
ReyofLightSide
rey09
ZioRen
IoJovi
BastilaBey
vaderito
panki
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
spacebaby45678
Gemini
29 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA Empty Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 5:38 am

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA Empty Re: Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 5:45 am

So much good, I would not know where to start ... lol
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA Empty Re: Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 6:29 am

JJ killing Rey Solo & Skywalker theory

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA Tumblr_ngyasi5eav1qzn0kbo1_500-55d0f1f8b16c9
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:03 am

Soooo... unless there's more commentary than what's in the link, JJ says absolutely nothing about Kylo's motivations and emotions towards *Rey* in the final fight? I saw the bit about how he wanted to hurt Finn, but nothing about his reactions to Rey? Wink
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:09 am

Saracene wrote:Soooo... unless there's more commentary than what's in the link, JJ says absolutely nothing about Kylo's motivations and emotions towards *Rey* in the final fight? I saw the bit about how he wanted to hurt Finn, but nothing about his reactions to Rey? Wink
@Saracene

without pushing too far into it - I would guess that is both probably interesting and telling that JJ and the editors of DVD avoided that subject.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:22 am

I read the part about Kylo being a Disney Prince.....thought about people who compared Kylo to Gaston, and how their heads must be exploding and my reaction was...

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA Io7tfjM

Last edited by panki on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:27 am

lets see. Reylos write in-depth metas explaining that Reylo may have a Force Bond. Finnreys automatically start claiming that Finnrey has a Force Bond. Reylos write in-depth metas explaining why Reylo dynamics is like between Belle and the Beast. Finnreys automatically start saying that Rey = Belle, Finn = Beast and Kylo = Gaston. Every time Reylos study something in depth and than present their points based on the study, Finnreys just steal the romantic outline and apply to Finnrey. And look Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's true

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA ForceAwakens7Text

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:28 am

@panki it's pretty ironic as there's been so much commentary online since December to this effect, regarding Kylo

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA 52407-kill-the-beast
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:30 am

@Gemini thanks for creating a thread. This definitely deserves its own, considering it's on the same level of Reygate... bounce
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:33 am

There is seriously never a truly bad day in Reylo fam. I love how we're so ahead regarding our reading of the narrative so far, and it's taken so long for others to catch up. Now we have commentary from the director himself validating a lot of what we've been saying for months and what haters have been denying for months.

It really isn't all that difficult to read Star Wars when you're not bogged down by your headcanons, desperation for Reywalker, and hatred of Kylo and Reylo. And to think they were saying we were the delusional ones.

Last edited by ZioRen on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:33 am

@BastilaBey

Maybe they got confused between Gaston the "sugar prince" from Gigi and Gaston from Beaty and the Beast.... poor things Razz

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA 22a6eca0

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA Ce44f616a597be2f7e650ac12c4dceba

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:49 am

OMG! I freakin LOVE Gigi! One of my favorite musicals of all times! Great catch!

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA Gigi-1958

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA Giphy

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA 2ab90497fbcae271cf96442b00e8840a_medium

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:21 pm

Just a heads up the blu ray is cheaper in asda than on Amazon 13 pounds in Asda, 17.99 on Amazon

I just nabbed the last one!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:44 pm

Jj confirms that rey has been dreaming about the island for all these years, suggesting it wasn't just a thing she thought about to get to sleep

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:48 pm

Gemini wrote:Jj confirms that rey has been dreaming about the island for all these years, suggesting it wasn't just a thing she thought about to get to sleep
@Gemini

No way it can just be about meeting Luke if she's been having visions about this island all her life (though I'm sure some Reywalkers are taking this as confirmation that Luke's her father). Something's going to go down there that will change her trajectory and life forever, moreso than anything that happened in TFA. Of course, we're all betting on Kylo being a part of that!

Last edited by ZioRen on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:53 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Gemini wrote:Jj confirms that rey has been dreaming about the island for all these years, suggesting it wasn't just a thing she thought about to get to sleep
@Gemini

No way it can just be about meeting Luke if she's been having visions about this island all her life. Something's going to go down there that will change her trajectory and life forever, moreso than anything that happened in TFA. Of course, we're all betting on Kylo being a part of that!
@ZioRen

That's where she and Kylo will go to live at the end of IX.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:55 pm

ZioRen wrote:
@Gemini

No way it can just be about meeting Luke if she's been having visions about this island all her life. Something's going to go down there that will change her trajectory and life forever, moreso than anything that happened in TFA. Of course, we're all betting on Kylo being a part of that!
@ZioRen

The island is incredibly significant, emphasis placed on it several times.

I'd say it's prophecy dreaming she's having for sure
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:04 pm

I could be misunderstanding jj here, but in the interrogation scene he seems to suggest that rey knows she will inevitably end up there.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 6:24 pm

Gemini wrote:I could be misunderstanding jj here, but in the interrogation scene he seems to suggest that rey knows she will inevitably end up there.
@Gemini

Oh, yeah. The Force was calling to her her whole life. With the vision of the island.  Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:10 pm

ugh can't deal with how romantic that is, her dreaming of the place she falls for her one true love, changing her life foreverr bounce bounce

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:14 pm

rey09 wrote:ugh can't deal with how romantic that is, her dreaming of the place she falls for her one true love, changing her life foreverr bounce bounce  
@rey09

There's something incredibly romantic in that she's been seeing that place all her life, knows she will go there but, at the same time, she holds herself back cause of her parents, and than this "creatchah in a mahsk" sees her loneliness and why she is unable to leave (for that island) and he sees the island itself. And than she goes to the island and he comes after her. The island they've seen together in her mind. Beautiful.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:28 pm

Indeed, never a bad day in the Reylo world! I don't have much else to add to this amazing news, except

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA KCEXGVZVL79mM

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA FGB7PgCxZxGlq

and

Full JJ Abrams commentary on collectors edition of TFA XidjMKBVCrFQs
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Tue 01 Nov 2016, 6:14 am

I'm a bit worried by JJ saying "And this moment tells you that Kylo Ren will live on in some form..." as Snoke sends Hux to fetch him.

What does he mean..."in some form"?
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 01 Nov 2016, 6:20 am

Jakku wrote:I'm a bit worried by JJ saying "And this moment tells you that Kylo Ren will live on in some form..." as Snoke sends Hux to fetch him.

@Jakku

Oh wow what?

I didn't hear that part. It's always worried me that he will start to resemble the earlier concept designs where he's machine and robot. I always had a sense that they may have decided to show him leading up to that look rather than start him there, (because that look was well realised) I really hope it's not the case

I think he's going to have a new arm..maybe

Imo, Something bad is happening to him in that deleted scene where rey is staring off into space, she can feel it through the force, his anguish and pain

I know it upsets people when I say this and I hope I'm wrong but the cinematic direction is suggesting this in that scene

But the scene was removed...so
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 01 Nov 2016, 6:27 am

Jakku wrote:I'm a bit worried by JJ saying "And this moment tells you that Kylo Ren will live on in some form..." as Snoke sends Hux to fetch him.

@Jakku

He'll live as a disembodied spirit inside a metal box and be like HAL 9000?

Seriously though, I don't think that JJ's words always deserve close scrutiny. I mean, when he says that they weren't sure how to finish Rey and Kylo's fight and whether Rey should kill him in an un-Jedi fashion, it's not like they were seriously considering killing Kylo off in the very first film.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next