Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Podcasts

+63
RosiePancake
creepi0
PalmettoBlue
CienaRee
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Armadeus
Blackcanary
BastilaBey
Moonlight13
Darth Dementor
Ditzy
adamdrivershair
TheLastJedi
EchoBase
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
bossbaby
tukicarreno
BenOrgana
Millicent the Cat
MeadowofAshes
guardienne
krissy01
Darth_Awakened
Geralt_Riv
IoJovi
Cowgirlsamurai
Kessel
Saracene
Piper Maru
panki
Rimfaxe96
Darth Dingbat
Lily Snape
SoloSideCousin
SanghaRen
snufkin
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
jakkusun
Darth Rowan
Lucina
Irina de France
ReyofLightSide
MindAndMagic
Tex
rey09
Xylo Ren
BenRey
AceofWands
Acritiqua
Birdwoman
kroi
nemapasara
Gemini
vaderito
Helix
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
spacebaby45678
Kylo Men
67 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 39 Empty Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 10 Nov 2017, 1:33 pm

vaderito wrote:He's fast and on top of things, other podcasts need to catch up pronto:

This is really good. Highly recommendable.
@vaderito

I'll give it a listen - I enjoyed the one before it.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 10 Nov 2017, 7:51 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
vaderito wrote:He's fast and on top of things, other podcasts need to catch up pronto:

@vaderito

@PalmettoBlue

How many times does this guy say, "makes all the sense in the world!" in this podcast?  Laughing

Yes, "Rey+Kylo= I love you AKA Force balance and future Skywalker saga kids," makes all the sense in the world! Welcome to the club, dude!  Claps

I loved this, lol.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 10 Nov 2017, 7:55 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai I think it would be interesting to have characters with small children. That wasn't done in the movies. We always have that time skip where everyone is grown up but characters who are active parents would be a change. I bet that Kylo would be a total softie and Rey would be more strict.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Fri 10 Nov 2017, 7:55 pm

Exactly, @Cowgirlsamuri !
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 10 Nov 2017, 8:08 pm

vaderito wrote:@Cowgirlsamurai I think it would be interesting to have characters with small children. That wasn't done in the movies. We always have that time skip where everyone is grown up but characters who are active parents would be a change. I bet that Kylo would be a total softie and Rey would be more strict.
@vaderito

That's like, all I'm asking for over here  Very Happy Hopefully we get a time jump in 9!
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 10 Nov 2017, 8:15 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
vaderito wrote:@Cowgirlsamurai I think it would be interesting to have characters with small children. That wasn't done in the movies. We always have that time skip where everyone is grown up but characters who are active parents would be a change. I bet that Kylo would be a total softie and Rey would be more strict.
@vaderito

That's like, all I'm asking for over here  Very Happy Hopefully we get a time jump in 9!
@Cowgirlsamurai

You mean like showing us kids in Episode IX? Ain't that early?

EDIT: I'm 100% for babies but I always thought this would be part of the future movies.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 10 Nov 2017, 8:39 pm

DarthRen wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito

@Cowgirlsamurai

EDIT: I'm 100% for babies but I always thought this would be part of the future movies.
@DarthRen

Are they going to film Daisy and Adam as new parents in ten years time, though? They'd probably stick them with an older kid. That's why I'd like a time jump at the end of 9 to give us just a peak Wink I'm just getting greedy now! Razz
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 10 Nov 2017, 8:52 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito

@Cowgirlsamurai

@DarthRen

Are they going to film Daisy and Adam as new parents in ten years time, though? They'd probably stick them with an older kid. That's why I'd like a time jump at the end of 9 to give us just a peak Wink I'm just getting greedy now! Razz
@Cowgirlsamurai

I just want them live and be together, anything more is a bonus. Greedy or hopeful, this line blurs easily. Wink

Rey and Kylo have a journey ahead of them. Discovering more about raw powah, the Force, teaching others and helping. Mommy and daddy time will come but in my opinion this would be a bit too early for that. I think it will end with them together embarking on a journey and rest is up for interpretation and next movies. They could go with young kids and Kylo and Rey in their thirties, Kylo is like 10 years older, so almost 40.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 10 Nov 2017, 9:06 pm

DarthRen wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito

@Cowgirlsamurai

@DarthRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

I just want them live and be together, anything more is a bonus. Greedy or hopeful, this line blurs easily.  Wink

Rey and Kylo have a journey ahead of them. Discovering more about raw powah, the Force, teaching others and helping. Mommy and daddy time will come but in my opinion this would be a bit too early for that. I think it will end with them together embarking on a journey and rest is up for interpretation and next movies. They could go with young kids and Kylo and Rey in their thirties, Kylo is like 10 years older, so almost 40.
@DarthRen

They could... but that wouldn't be very Star Warsy would it. The other two main couples in SW kissed once or twice and then, bam! Marriage and kids, haha.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I don't expect Rey and Kylo to be shown married or with kids in this trilogy. It's just what this 31 year old lady with an older husband and young children would like to see reflected in the Star Wars galaxy ASAP Wink But yeah, they're movies for 12 year olds, not the likes of me Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 10 Nov 2017, 9:47 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito

@Cowgirlsamurai

@DarthRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

I just want them live and be together, anything more is a bonus. Greedy or hopeful, this line blurs easily.  Wink

@DarthRen

They could... but that wouldn't be very Star Warsy would it. The other two main couples in SW kissed once or twice and then, bam! Marriage and kids, haha.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I don't expect Rey and Kylo to be shown married or with kids in this trilogy. It's just what this 31 year old lady with an older husband and young children would like to see reflected in the Star Wars galaxy ASAP Wink But yeah, they're movies for 12 year olds, not the likes of me Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

Don't get me wrong, we'll see a kiss but Han and Leia had Ben afterwards, not shown or even a marriage. Seemed Star Warsy enough for people, I guess you're not in that category. Don't worry my mom and sisters too, they're into that stuff. I guess, we those who are not blessed with little kids area bit different in this.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 11 Nov 2017, 4:44 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:

@vaderito

@PalmettoBlue

I don't know why but I can't see this video :/

EDIT: I can watch it on my computer, not on my phone. Oh well

EDIT PART II: oh God, he believes she's a daughter of the force, like Anakin :/
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:15 am

RosiePancake wrote:But... Kylo was conceived on Millennium Falcon... What if Rey and Kylo take the Falcon and run off together in TLJ and Ep9 skips to a few years later lol!  
@RosiePancake

I like the way you think sunny

Anyway... I didn't know my husband was also paying attention to that podcast, but when it was over he turned to me and was like, "Huh. That's a pretty good theory." ::happy tears:: I think he liked the Rey/Anakin parallel, and the idea that Rey was also "sent by the Force" for balance and to bring the story of the nine films full circle.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:47 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:

@vaderito

@PalmettoBlue

@Maria Antonietta

"There isn't immaculate conception that results in the creation of a new character" - Daisy telling @MTV about crazy #TheLastJedi theories around Rey's origins

https://twitter.com/daisyridreynews/status/929093672062410752

Razz
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 11 Nov 2017, 6:58 am

EchoBase wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:

@vaderito

@PalmettoBlue

@Maria Antonietta

"There isn't immaculate conception that results in the creation of a new character" - Daisy telling @MTV about crazy #TheLastJedi theories around Rey's origins

https://twitter.com/daisyridreynews/status/929093672062410752

Razz
@EchoBase

THANK YOU, DAISY RIDLEY
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:11 am

I don't think if it as immaculate conception like Anakin... I think Rey has a mother and a father. But are her parents Force users? How do people "get" the Force? Does the Force choose to #bless certain people with it's presence? It seems like the offspring of any Skywalker has it. So it's genetic? (midichlorians ::shivers:Smile Only certain families have the Force gene? Maybe someone who's familiar with other canon sources like Rebels or The Clone Wars can help me out here?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 11 Nov 2017, 7:16 am

As someone who was raised Catholic, I have to jump in here and say the the term 'Immaculate Conception' is used in reference to the Virgin Mary - she was conceived without the stain of Original Sin. It is not synonymous with 'virgin birth.'

I really hate to be that guy, but I just wanted to put that out there. It's a bit of pet peeve of mine Razz

Please carry on...
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:01 am

Armadeus wrote:As someone who was raised Catholic, I have to jump in here and say the the term 'Immaculate Conception' is used in reference to the Virgin Mary - she was conceived without the stain of Original Sin. It is not synonymous with 'virgin birth.'

I really hate to be that guy, but I just wanted to put that out there. It's a bit of pet peeve of mine Razz

Please carry on...
@Armadeus

What's the difference between immaculate conception and virgin birth?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:15 am

vaderito wrote:
Armadeus wrote:As someone who was raised Catholic, I have to jump in here and say the the term 'Immaculate Conception' is used in reference to the Virgin Mary - she was conceived without the stain of Original Sin. It is not synonymous with 'virgin birth.'

Please carry on...
@Armadeus

@vaderito

... maybe with "virgin birth" the woman didn't have sex at all like literally becoming pregnant as a virgin - and with immaculate conception she wasn't a virgin anymore but became pregnant without sex ?  Nope  well, doesn't matter anyway- [edit]

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no bashing please)
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:18 am

vaderito wrote:

Please carry on...
@Armadeus

@vaderito

'Immaculate' is a fancy word for 'clean'. Hence, when the Virgin Mary was conceived, God kept her clean of Original Sin (the sin incurred by Adam and Eve when they broke God's law and ate of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge and thence passed down to all humanity). A 'clean' conception, as it were.

She was also conceived the 'old-fashioned' way, i.e. she had biological mother (Saint Anne) and a biological father (Joachim). No virgins were involved in the making of the Virgin Mary Razz

Virgin birth speaks for itself, I think.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:26 am

Armadeus wrote:  

'Immaculate' is a fancy word for 'clean'. Hence, when the Virgin Mary was conceived, God kept her clean of Original Sin (the sin incurred by Adam and Eve when they broke God's law and ate of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge and thence passed down to all humanity). A 'clean' conception, as it were.

She was also conceived the 'old-fashioned' way, i.e. she had biological mother (Saint Anne) and a biological father (Joachim). No virgins were involved in the making of the Virgin Mary Razz

Virgin birth speaks for itself, I think.
@Armadeus

This is great! Big thanks! So since Adam and Eve or at least the Tree of Knowledge (But of course that the RAWPOWAH couple is A&E) is a big theme in ST, what does it mean for the story? Are they the Original Sin of SW (I'm assuming splitting RAWPOWAH to Jedi and Sith)or reversed Original Sin ?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:35 am

I understood him to mean that the Force decided to be part of her, not that she was an Anakin-esque character. Interesting- I should re-listen for better understanding.

I think of the Force kind of like Muggle-borns in the Potterverse. Sometimes magic just pops up unexpectedly. So if one or both of your parents is a Force user, then you are likely to be as well, but the Force is a universal thing, flowing through all of us. It can pick randoms to be incredibly Force sensitive.

I’m of the largely unsubstantiated opinion that she has always been a low-key Force user. Nothing overt. But she was too good for something else to not be at play. Kind of like Leia in the young Leia book. But the Force wasn’t really awake in her until she came into proximity with Kylo/Ben. Then it roared awake...signaling both Kylo and Snoke.

I’ve got some other thoughts, but I need to organize them!

Last edited by PalmettoBlue on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:50 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:I understood him to mean that the Force decided to be part of her, not that she was an Anakin-esque character. Interesting- I should re-listen for better understanding.

I think of the Force kind of like Muggle-borns in the Potterverse. Sometimes magic just pops up unexpectedly. So if on or both of your parents is a Force user, then you are likely to be as well, but the Force is a universal thing, flowing through all of us. It can pick randoms to be incredibly Force sensitive.

I’m of the largely unsubstantiated opinion that she has always been a low-key Force user. Nothing overt. But she was too good for something else to not be at play. Kind of like Leia in the young Leia book. But the Force wasn’t really awake in her until she came into proximity with Kylo/Ben. Then it roared awake...signaling both Kylo and Snoke.

@PalmettoBlue Ugh I hope that's true, - like was being on the falcon, or when kylo came on jakku set things off in her? It's actually the most romantic idea...

There's always a chance she herself mistakes immaculate conception for virgin birth too (idk if she's religious at all) because I always trying to figure out and felt confused. As @Armadeus said, it refers to Mary, hence in the anakin analogy, it would mean Shmi's birth was immaculate conception, but we don't know much about her or honestly, it doesn't matter. She may refer to the idea of the immaculate conception as a step in the process- if it wasn't for Mary's immaculate birth, Jesus (who we can think of as the "main character") could not have become man. So maybe she's saying Rey's creation doesn't require "previous" steps. Sorry if that makes no sense XD

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 11 Nov 2017, 11:25 am

Catholic here: the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary is a dogma acknowledged by the Roman Catholic Church only. It's a concept that's been around for a very long time, but it's been acknowledged as a dogma in 1854 by pope Pius IX, way after Orthodox and Protestant Churches separated from Rome.

So thing is, Daisy is British, and if she is religious or has been raised in a religious family, chances are high that she's Protestant since that's what's dominant in the UK, and Protestant churches don't acknowledge the Immaculate Conception dogma, and the level of veneration towards the Virgin Mary definitely isn't as strong as in the Catholic and Orthodox Churches. So that's where the confusion might come from.

This said, Our Lord Jesus Christ was an Immaculate Conception as well. Immaculate Conceptipn includes two things:

a) Jesus incarnated Himself without the mark of the Original Sin of course, because He is God, of course, and Mary was created without the mark of the Original Sin, being the Mother of God;

b) Both of them were virgin births.

So from a theological pov, saying that Anakin is an immaculate conception is inaccurate (because he wouldn't be such a freaking mess, good lord), and virgin birth would be the right term.

(Thus endeth the catechism class)

Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 11 Nov 2017, 11:57 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:

@PalmettoBlue

FWIW, the Forces of Destiny cartoons with Rey on Jakku strongly hinted that she was using the Force a little bit without realizing it.

Interestingly, in the Leia PoA book, Leia also uses the Force at a key point without realizing it. I think those are both good examples of a Force-sensitive person tapping into the Force without being fully "awake" yet.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next