Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Podcasts

+52
Piper Maru
Mila95
kroi
AceofWands
Star Wars Connection
Socialnole
Starliteprism
Riri
KnightsofReylo_2015
Dar-ren19
Teo oswald
Let The Past Die
Irina de France
DeeBee
MrsWindu
12 Parsnips
Gemlake
Armadeus
BenRey
californiagirl
Night Huntress
Ynqve
Kylo Rey
Moonlight13
ZioRen
Darth Dingbat
Darth_Awakened
Tex
Birdwoman
nickandnora
FrolickingFizzgig
bashfulblueeyes3
giaciak2
IoJovi
cherrylipstick
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
Darth Rowan
Mana
Saracene
rey09
whisperingwillow
Cowgirlsamurai
Kylo Men
Reylo Lemon
PalmettoBlue
vaderito
rawpowah
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
56 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Discussion: Podcasts Empty Discussion: Podcasts

Post by MyOnlyHope Sat 18 Nov 2017, 10:44 pm

I will always love what J.J. did with TFA. He recreated a world I always just appreciated from afar as a definite member of the GA and pulled me in in a way I never could've anticipated. I loved the new characters. I loved the adventure and the mystery. Most of all I was intrigued by Rey and Kylo. J.J. hid the real story he was setting up amidst callbacks and parallels. A genius move as a modern storyteller. I'm still sad for J.J. that he's never been able to talk about the movie he really made. After TLJ hopefully!!
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Podcasts Empty Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by snufkin Sat 18 Nov 2017, 10:50 pm

Eyeroll, these are going to be the same tiresome people who were squawking this time last year about how Rogue One is supposedly the superior movie for being 'more' Star Wars. Somebody could do an entire podcast about the nerd rage JJ provokes for being the nerd who actually got patronage/the keys to the clubhouse, the fallout from trying to pretend that Cumberbatch wasn't Khan, and as a target for the whole codependent relationship fans had with Lost (which he wasn't even the showrunner for). He's not a perfect filmmaker but he does own up to mistakes like lens flare and what a lot of these geek 'thought leaders' (lol) seem to ignore is that he saved Lucasfilm's toast 2x now when it comes to the ST. He took over as director while first choice Brad Bird tried to convince KK that she should have Trevorrow babysit pre-production while he was finishing Tomorrowland, took over and worked with Kasdan on the screenplay when Arndt couldn't deliver on schedule, and then took over IX again when Trevorrow bombed out. There would literally be no trilogy for these people to watch and have opinions about, including complaining about JJ's involvement if he hadn't stepped up when approached to help. And as a die-hard fan of Felicity, TFA hit the exact same notes for me in terms of when his writing connects with me as an audience member.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 19 Nov 2017, 12:57 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Irina de France wrote:Catholic here: the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary is a dogma acknowledged by the Roman Catholic Church only. It's a concept that's been around for a very long time, but it's been acknowledged as a dogma in 1854 by pope Pius IX, way after Orthodox and Protestant Churches separated from Rome.

So thing is, Daisy is British, and if she is religious or has been raised in a religious family, chances are high that she's Protestant since that's what's dominant in the UK, and Protestant churches don't acknowledge the Immaculate Conception dogma, and the level of veneration towards the Virgin Mary definitely isn't as strong as in the Catholic and Orthodox Churches. So that's where the confusion might come from.

This said, Our Lord Jesus Christ was an Immaculate Conception as well. Immaculate Conceptipn includes two things:

a) Jesus incarnated Himself without the mark of the Original Sin of course, because He is God, of course, and Mary was created without the mark of the Original Sin, being the Mother of God;

b) Both of them were virgin births.

So from a theological pov, saying that Anakin is an immaculate conception is inaccurate (because he wouldn't be such a freaking mess, good lord), and virgin birth would be the right term.

(Thus endeth the catechism class)

@Irina de France

As another Catholic jumping in, I don't believe St. Anne was a virgin when she gave birth to Mary. She and St. Joachim had been married for a while. The Virgin birth was a miracle limited to Christ alone. However, yes, Mary was the Immaculate Conception because she was born without Original Sin because she was destined to be the mother of Christ.

Back to SW, I didn't think that they would create another virgin birth/ made by the force baby, for the sheer fact that they had done it with Anakin and wouldn't want to repeat themselves.
@SoloSideCousin

Yep, the Catholic Church believes that Mary was conceived (by her mother and father, the usual way) without sin, which is the Immaculate Conception, whereas the conception of Jesus is referred to as the Virgin Birth of Jesus.  And this Catholic school grad (I think that part was obvious) devoutly hopes that Star Wars will not have another Virgin Birth.  Anakin was one too many, as far as I'm concerned, because that's how we got midichlorians.  Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 19 Nov 2017, 1:02 am

Lily Snape wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Irina de France wrote:Catholic here: the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary is a dogma acknowledged by the Roman Catholic Church only. It's a concept that's been around for a very long time, but it's been acknowledged as a dogma in 1854 by pope Pius IX, way after Orthodox and Protestant Churches separated from Rome.

So thing is, Daisy is British, and if she is religious or has been raised in a religious family, chances are high that she's Protestant since that's what's dominant in the UK, and Protestant churches don't acknowledge the Immaculate Conception dogma, and the level of veneration towards the Virgin Mary definitely isn't as strong as in the Catholic and Orthodox Churches. So that's where the confusion might come from.

This said, Our Lord Jesus Christ was an Immaculate Conception as well. Immaculate Conceptipn includes two things:

a) Jesus incarnated Himself without the mark of the Original Sin of course, because He is God, of course, and Mary was created without the mark of the Original Sin, being the Mother of God;

b) Both of them were virgin births.

So from a theological pov, saying that Anakin is an immaculate conception is inaccurate (because he wouldn't be such a freaking mess, good lord), and virgin birth would be the right term.

(Thus endeth the catechism class)

@Irina de France

As another Catholic jumping in, I don't believe St. Anne was a virgin when she gave birth to Mary. She and St. Joachim had been married for a while. The Virgin birth was a miracle limited to Christ alone. However, yes, Mary was the Immaculate Conception because she was born without Original Sin because she was destined to be the mother of Christ.

Back to SW, I didn't think that they would create another virgin birth/ made by the force baby, for the sheer fact that they had done it with Anakin and wouldn't want to repeat themselves.
@SoloSideCousin

Yep, the Catholic Church believes that Mary was conceived (by her mother and father, the usual way) without sin, which is the Immaculate Conception, whereas the conception of Jesus is referred to as the Virgin Birth of Jesus.  And this Catholic school grad (I think that part was obvious) devoutly hopes that Star Wars will not have another Virgin Birth.  Anakin was one too many, as far as I'm concerned, because that's how we got midichlorians.  Smile

@Lily Snape

Amen to that! Very Happy

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sun 19 Nov 2017, 4:44 am

Kylo Rey wrote:So had a listen of the MSW podcast (took 1hr 48min, they ramble SO much, had it on in the background really), but here's what Jason had to say in response to the other podcaster talking about how Lucasfilm must be really confident about TLJ to release news of RJ directing his own trilogy a month early:

Well, and then, the other thing is, FWIW, the other thing I kinda noticed what happened was - once people started seeing TLJ - not in a way that was just like whatever the last thing that's old sucks, they started getting way more critical of Force Awakens after TLJ. Which made me go: "Last Jedi is the one they [Lucasfilm] really wanted to make when they started this trilogy." They're getting the story they wanted.

He was definitely speaking in a positive tone about this. https://makingstarwars.net/2017/11/now-podcasting-episode-203-rian-johnson-star-wars-trilogy-coming/

Wow this makes me feel very optimistic about TLJ and, based on Rian's interviews, about Kylo's arc in general (especially since I'm hoping that he will develop a better relationship with Rey, and that we'll see some progress in his redemption arc).

I wonder if it's too early for Kylo to abandon Snoke and The First Order in TLJ. What do you all think? What are the odds of that happening?

I think in retrospect TFA was safe, though I understand why it had to be that way. Maybe some viewers were annoyed by how safe TFA was compared to TLJ, which I understand as well. It's also likely imo that certain safe theories people had after TFA did not come true in TLJ, and the people who saw the movie felt deceived by JJ.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 27 Nov 2017, 9:51 am

I'm listening to Knights of Rant Final Predictions. they issued a spoiler warning cause some of their rpedix are based on what they've heard from various sources, some that they trust:

https://soundcloud.com/whotalksfirst/the-last-jedi-speculation-spectacular-knights-of-rant-episode-53
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sat 02 Dec 2017, 5:25 am

Help, please!
A friend of mine and I are starting a new podcast. I'm uploading our first episode to Soundcloud now! It's not a podcast dedicated to Star Wars, but since I am who I am, we will be mentioning it frequently and discussing it in-depth in several episodes.
On the next one (which we plan to record this week), I want to preview The Last Jedi and sort of bring our audience up to speed on why I land where I do on the spectrum.
So - here's the question: what would y'all like to see discussed? Anything specific from TFA? I'm thinking the "bridal carry," the interrogation scene, the snow fight, and the forehead kiss.
Should I get into the gatekeeping? Ignore it?
Dive into the trailers?
Marketing?
Any thoughts would be appreciated....
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 02 Dec 2017, 5:41 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:Help, please!
A friend of mine and I are starting a new podcast. I'm uploading our first episode to Soundcloud now! It's not a podcast dedicated to Star Wars, but since I am who I am, we will be mentioning it frequently and discussing it in-depth in several episodes.
On the next one (which we plan to record this week), I want to preview The Last Jedi and sort of bring our audience up to speed on why I land where I do on the spectrum.
So - here's the question: what would y'all like to see discussed? Anything specific from TFA? I'm thinking the "bridal carry," the interrogation scene, the snow fight, and the forehead kiss.
Should I get into the gatekeeping? Ignore it?
Dive into the trailers?
Marketing?
Any thoughts would be appreciated....
@PalmettoBlue

I want EVERYTHING
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sat 02 Dec 2017, 5:56 am

@Maria Antonietta Everything? Every, everything?
*note to self: this might take more than one podcast....
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 02 Dec 2017, 6:13 am

PalmettoBlue wrote:@Maria Antonietta Everything? Every, everything?
*note to self: this might take more than one podcast....
@PalmettoBlue

GOOOOD! Very Happy
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sat 02 Dec 2017, 10:14 am

snufkin wrote: He took over as director while first choice Brad Bird tried to convince KK that she should have Trevorrow babysit pre-production while he was finishing Tomorrowland,

That was a sound career move.

TFA has its weaknesses, but particularly I think people overlook how hard it is to carve out the type of instantly indelible characters that Rey and Kylo Ren are.

Out of 17 positively reviewed Marvel movies, name one villain. OK, Loki. But even he's not quite a top-level baddie.

Rogue One doesn't have a single character that stands out.

PS: One of the tests I use for whether or not someone is a great director - has he or she ever created a character that more than one person has dressed up as for Halloween? It works well.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 02 Dec 2017, 12:14 pm

Kylo Men wrote:
snufkin wrote: He took over as director while first choice Brad Bird tried to convince KK that she should have Trevorrow babysit pre-production while he was finishing Tomorrowland,

That was a sound career move.

TFA has its weaknesses, but particularly I think people overlook how hard it is to carve out the type of instantly indelible characters that Rey and Kylo Ren are.

Out of 17 positively reviewed Marvel movies, name one villain. OK, Loki. But even he's not quite a top-level baddie.

Rogue One doesn't have a single character that stands out.

PS: One of the tests I use for whether or not someone is a great director - has he or she ever created a character that more than one person has dressed up as for Halloween? It works well.

@Kylo Men

A trio of tiny Kylos show up at my house for Halloween last year and they were super confused when I told them that I didn't have a map to give them, hoped that candy would be okay. And I did spend ages 18-20 dressed/wearing my hair as Lulu from Something Wild, though that'd be at the bottom of my list for reasons why I think Jonathan Demme was a great director.

The anecdote about Trevorrow getting brought up to the majors by Brad Bird becomes even more ridiculous in light of the s**tstorm that's going down around Pixar with John Lassiter's horny 13-year-old boy behavior and corporate culture of fanboys coming out. I don't get the impression that Rashida Jones went to the trouble of making a statement to the press about quitting Toy Story 4 because she gave a f**k about whether or not people were gossiping about Lassiter hitting on her. Like she made a point of saying (and not giving af about burning bridges) she quit because it was a workplace where somebody like Trevorrow ("he reminds me of me") was going to stand a better chance of having a fair and supportive relationship with management versus somebody like her.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 02 Dec 2017, 12:58 pm

@PalmettoBlue - If you wanna get into gatekeeping, beyond the overarching issue of LF trying to dismantle the whole gross Boy's Club culture around geek spaces (surprise, the nerds became the jocks and they're equally as misogynistic and racist) through its casting and merchandising is how the ST has brought out all of these issues around female participation with fandom. Including a wrinkle not just about what type of fan female fans 'should' be, but bringing in how there's also gatekeeping in feminism. I've said here before, but I tend to find a lot of the mainstream feminist discourse around SW to be equal parts purity culture and second wave feminism. And meanwhile spaces like this one, we tend to be more 3rd wave. Both groups are at least intersectional, but 3rd wave, we don't have the same issues a lot of mainstream fans have, where female fans have been simply fighting for years to get to be part of the Boy's Club. We're fine creating our own spaces/voices (which are getting more attention) and also the idea that there has already been some type of sexual interaction between the heroine and her antagonist/villain, we don't see that as undercutting her agency or moral authority (more like "go get that girl! And those other two hot male leads too if that's what you're into").
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sat 02 Dec 2017, 1:21 pm

snufkin wrote:@PalmettoBlue - If you wanna get into gatekeeping, beyond the overarching issue of LF trying to dismantle the whole gross Boy's Club culture around geek spaces (surprise, the nerds became the jocks and they're equally as misogynistic and racist) through its casting and merchandising is how the ST has brought out all of these issues around female participation with fandom. Including a wrinkle not just about what type of fan female fans 'should' be, but bringing in how there's also gatekeeping in feminism. I've said here before, but I tend to find a lot of the mainstream feminist discourse around SW to be equal parts purity culture and second wave feminism. And meanwhile spaces like this one, we tend to be more 3rd wave. Both groups are at least intersectional, but 3rd wave, we don't have the same issues a lot of mainstream fans have, where female fans have been simply fighting for years to get to be part of the Boy's Club. We're fine creating our own spaces/voices (which are getting more attention) and also the idea that there has already been some type of sexual interaction between the heroine and her antagonist/villain, we don't see that as undercutting her agency or moral authority (more like "go get that girl! And those other two hot male leads too if that's what you're into").
@snufkin

Thanks for steering me there. I'm not sure how deep down the gatekeeping rabbit hole I'm going to go; frankly, when I think of Reylo and the battle for the hearts and minds, I think of WWI.

Reylos are the soldiers in the trenches for years, fighting off the enemy. They are embattled, worn, and bad***. Nothing can phase them.
I'm an American doughboy, if you will. I show up late, clean, well-fed, and really startled when the battle begins for me. I'm only important because I'm a harbinger of more allies to come. I haven't been attacked personally or banned from places. I benefit from the safe spaces y'all have made. And I do appreciate that.

In short, I'm not sure that I'm a very good spokeswoman because I started from the ReySky camp and only really moved when I sat down and got to really thinking about the new movie and absorbing all the fantastic work Reylos had done for a year and a half before I got here.
But I'll up a fight if someone decides to challenge me on Reylo. I promise you that. As a group, y'all inspired me to dust off that English degree...and y'all, I think, have the most accurate reading of the story.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 03 Dec 2017, 2:03 pm

@PalmettoBlue - we look forward to hearing what you come up with! This article might also be worth a review of the general environment the ST and a character like Rey have waded into and how it shapes some fans' reactions

Many progressive viewers have been trained to cheer when a movie avoids love interests all together, and it is indeed a blessed relief to watch a contemporary Disney cartoon and not be absolutely sure that it will involve marrying off its heroine. By giving screen time to romance, Wonder Woman does pay more attention to Steve Trevor than most superhero movies pay to his distaff equivalents, and it feels less embarrassed to give Diana a mushy lesson about the power of love than movies about male heroes might.

Those differences might seem sexist, but they’re also part of why the movie isn’t just a simple act of gender-flipping a formula. It helps that Wonder Woman doesn’t rely on romance alone for its emotional power;

Romance is often gendered as a genre or a subplot “for women,” just as action-packed superhero movie are often gendered as “for men.” This has left plenty of superhero movies, even good ones, doubly fearful of sexism: both afraid of it and afraid because of it. Filmmakers may be wary of turning a female character into a cardboard love object/damsel, but plenty are probably just as wary of comparisons to, say, Twilight, easily the most prominent of fantastical onscreen romances (and more virulently dismissed by a certain crowd than less moony-eyed genre fare). This caution ignores the rich history of romantic movies, both melodramas and comedies, and as outliers like Logan and Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies have shown, there’s a lot of value in letting superhero movies dabble in other genres, rather than letting them wander around a superhero echo chamber. Although Wonder Woman wouldn’t look quite so special if more superhero movies paid more attention to romance, the sheer number that downplays them manages to set Jenkins’ movie apart even as it adheres to certain aspects of the DC house style and the superhero genre overall.

Moreover, love stories aren’t just a part of classic movie genres and Twilight; they’re also a part of life. DC’s extended universe has tried to imagine what it would be like if titanic, mythical figures interacted with the grit of the “real” world, while Marvel’s has tried (more successfully) to create a parallel world of fantastical derring-do and quasi-scientific miracles and then imbue it with messy humanity. The romance of Wonder Woman, no matter how swoony or relatively abbreviated, is what makes it feel particularly alive.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 13 Jan 2018, 6:23 pm

I'm surprised that Rian Johnson was on the Not My Job segment of National Public Radio's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me instead of the Puzzle of the Week with Will Shorter

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 22 Jan 2018, 9:53 pm

Anyone listen to the Full of Sith podcast? Since I loved Bryan Young’s three part series on the soundtrack, I started following him on Twitter and I’ve enjoyed most of what he has to say about the film. But today, I started listening to Full of Sith starting at the first episode after TLJ and he and the two cohosts agree 100% that this film PROVED that Kylo cannot be redeemed. I was floored. Also, this was a 1.5 hour long podcast on discussing their first reactions to the film and there was next to NO mention of Rey and Kylo’s dynamic other than their heartbreaking fallout after Snoke’s death (which further cements Kylo’s forever evil status to them). I started digging through his tweets and he does in fact state that Luke saying he can’t save Kylo means that Kylo’s doomed to the dark forever. He doesn’t address comments like “What about Luke saying ‘No one’s ever really gone?’” and Bryan replies to a lot of people normally. WTF? Has anyone listened the other follow up episodes? Dude’s supposedly seen the film 15 times now. Has he changed his mind? If so, he hasn’t posted about it on Twitter where he’s quite vocal. He hopes Force ghost Luke comes back to f*** with Kylo because of how straight up bad he is. I just can’t understand how you come out of this film wanting that.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Mon 22 Jan 2018, 10:03 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Anyone listen to the Full of Sith podcast? Since I loved Bryan Young’s three part series on the soundtrack, I started following him on Twitter and I’ve enjoyed most of what he has to say about the film. But today, I started listening to Full of Sith starting at the first episode after TLJ and he and the two cohosts agree 100% that this film PROVED that Kylo cannot be redeemed. I was floored. Also, this was a 1.5 hour long podcast on discussing their first reactions to the film and there was next to NO mention of Rey and Kylo’s dynamic other than their heartbreaking fallout after Snoke’s death (which further cements Kylo’s forever evil status to them). I started digging through his tweets and he does in fact state that Luke saying he can’t save Kylo means that Kylo’s doomed to the dark forever. He doesn’t address comments like “What about Luke saying ‘No one’s ever really gone?’” and Bryan replies to a lot of people normally. WTF? Has anyone listened the other follow up episodes? Dude’s supposedly seen the film 15 times now. Has he changed his mind? If so, he hasn’t posted about it on Twitter where he’s quite vocal. He hopes Force ghost Luke comes back to f*** with Kylo because of how straight up bad he is. I just can’t understand how you come out of this film wanting that.
@Cowgirlsamurai

He said this today about how Kylo can redeem himself when asked

Discussion: Podcasts Screen12

but I don't agree at all. If he thinks Kylo is straight up bad then I don't know what to say at this point. Also good to know I don't need to listen to their podcast. Kylo redeeming himself with death is literally a carbon copy of Vader and would literally send the message that the only way to redeem yourself is to die. If Kylo is to represent the lost youth as Kathy Kennedy has said then the story being he has to die to be redeemed is the absolute worst message you can send to young troubled teens today.

whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 22 Jan 2018, 10:15 pm

whisperingwillow wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Anyone listen to the Full of Sith podcast? Since I loved Bryan Young’s three part series on the soundtrack, I started following him on Twitter and I’ve enjoyed most of what he has to say about the film. But today, I started listening to Full of Sith starting at the first episode after TLJ and he and the two cohosts agree 100% that this film PROVED that Kylo cannot be redeemed. I was floored. Also, this was a 1.5 hour long podcast on discussing their first reactions to the film and there was next to NO mention of Rey and Kylo’s dynamic other than their heartbreaking fallout after Snoke’s death (which further cements Kylo’s forever evil status to them). I started digging through his tweets and he does in fact state that Luke saying he can’t save Kylo means that Kylo’s doomed to the dark forever. He doesn’t address comments like “What about Luke saying ‘No one’s ever really gone?’” and Bryan replies to a lot of people normally. WTF? Has anyone listened the other follow up episodes? Dude’s supposedly seen the film 15 times now. Has he changed his mind? If so, he hasn’t posted about it on Twitter where he’s quite vocal. He hopes Force ghost Luke comes back to f*** with Kylo because of how straight up bad he is. I just can’t understand how you come out of this film wanting that.
@Cowgirlsamurai

He said this today about how Kylo can redeem himself when asked

Discussion: Podcasts Screen12

but I don't agree at all. If he thinks Kylo is straight up bad then I don't know what to say at this point. Also good to know I don't need to listen to their podcast. Kylo redeeming himself with death is literally a carbon copy of Vader and would literally send the message that the only way to redeem yourself is to die. If Kylo is to represent the lost youth as Kathy Kennedy has said then the story being he has to die to be redeemed is the absolute worst message you can send to young troubled teens today.

@whisperingwillow

TLJ humanized, and made us sympathize with Kylo Ren. Why would they do that to him in the final act? Kids LOVE Kylo. Wouldn’t it completely disappoint everyone if he dies? Killing a beloved protagonist who’s the grandson of a redeemed evil man wouldn’t be a great way to round out a nine film series about family and hope. I don’t get it.
Bryan says TLJ was meant to give Kylo a chance at redemption and he didn’t take it. That’s it, done. And he even mentioned him getting his comeuppance which Rian says would be boring. How does someone who seems to understand story telling so well, not get this character?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jan 2018, 10:17 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai

As far as I can tell, he sees the Skywalker Saga coming full circle in Ep IX by Kylo being killed/sacrificing himself and going back to the force from which Anakin was created.

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 22 Jan 2018, 10:17 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai

MOST fanboys totally missed the crucial importance of their force bond. They totally missed the point of the whol damn movie. They cry like babies over everything else tho. BOOHOO WHY U DO THAT TO LUKE WAH WAH.
It's honestly just plain idiocy. I woke up to some crazy comments from youtube today. I just wanted to bang my head against a wall. It's so stupid I want to cry. But then I think why am I subjecting myself to this.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 22 Jan 2018, 10:21 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

As far as I can tell, he sees the Skywalker Saga coming full circle in Ep IX by Kylo being killed/sacrificing himself and going back to the force from which Anakin was created.
@KrazyForKylo

You know what’s funny? My husband said the same thing. Anakin came from “nothing” and Kylo will become “nothing,” ending the Skywalkers and bringing things “full circle.” WTF, that sounds so freaking sad.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jan 2018, 10:34 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@KrazyForKylo

You know what’s funny? My husband said the same thing. Anakin came from “nothing” and Kylo will become “nothing,” ending the Skywalkers and bringing things “full circle.” WTF, that sounds so freaking sad.
@Cowgirlsamurai

It’s not what I want to happen but I can totally see it ending with Kylo sacrificing himself to save Rey and the galaxy. I don’t agree with Bryan Young on everything and I don’t want him to be right about this, he makes some convincing arguments though! https://twitter.com/swankmotron/status/954572985045667840

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Mon 22 Jan 2018, 10:35 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@KrazyForKylo

Anakin already did that himself though... why do we need an exact repeat of Vader redeeming himself and dying? I mean if Kylo is going to die then to avoid the repeat of Vader just keep him evil and kill him.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Mon 22 Jan 2018, 10:40 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@KrazyForKylo

@Cowgirlsamurai

It’s not what I want to happen but I can totally see it ending with Kylo sacrificing himself to save Rey and the galaxy. I don’t agree with Bryan Young on everything and I don’t want him to be right about this, he makes some convincing arguments though! https://twitter.com/swankmotron/status/954572985045667840
@KrazyForKylo

The problem with his argument is saying the force brought the Skywalkers into existence is incorrect. It brought Anakin into existence. The Skywalkers were around long before Anakin was born. If this ended at six I'd say maybe he has a point in that Anakin returned to the force and therefore brought balance but obviously Anakin destroying the sith and dying didn't bring balance to the force so why would Ben destroying the first order and dying as well bring any balance to the force?
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next