Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

+75
MrsWindu
SoloSideCousin
DeeBee
Acritiqua
Atenais
AceofWands
Airemyn
fuhry
Reylo Lemon
Kylo Rey
Camaro
Helix
Millicent the Cat
benorganasolo
PalmettoBlue
ZioRen
MissG
Forsythia
reylo1992
ReyofLightSide
Lily
RosiePancake
shii405
Marchtwin
spacebaby45678
krissy01
motherofpearl1
Darth Rowan
adamdrivershair
Moonjump05
SanghaRen
Geralt_Riv
Lucina
flexipexi
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
FrolickingFizzgig
BenRey
Tex
Piper Maru
Xylo Ren
Blood Moon
rey09
Kessel
Rimfaxe96
Cowgirlsamurai
Maria26
Kyla Ren
Saracene
bashfulblueeyes3
SkyStar
kroi
nite0wl29
soulluos
Casper
DarthRen
Darth_Awakened
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Moonlight13
IoJovi
SheLitAFire
Kylo Men
snufkin
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Blackcanary
Anakin Skywalker
Irina de France
panki
vaderito
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
ISeeAnIsland
EchoBase
79 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors Empty Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by EchoBase Thu 21 Sep 2017, 1:17 pm

https://twitter.com/germanjedi/status/910894606207848448

So, is this how Kylo find Rey on Ahch-to or is this the tracker the empire once put on the MF?
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 21 Sep 2017, 1:29 pm

EchoBase wrote:https://twitter.com/germanjedi/status/910894606207848448

So, is this how Kylo find Rey on Ahch-to or is this the tracker the empire once put on the MF?
@EchoBase

Could be either, I suppose. Remember, Han was worried about a tracker, so that's why he wanted to swap the ship out for a clean one on Takodona.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 21 Sep 2017, 1:32 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@EchoBase

Could be either, I suppose. Remember, Han was worried about a tracker, so that's why he wanted to swap the ship out for a clean one on Takodona.
@ISeeAnIsland

And they (Leia / the Resistance guys) didn't think about checking the Falcon for a tracker before sending Rey to Ahch-to???? Confus

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 21 Sep 2017, 1:34 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@EchoBase

@ISeeAnIsland

And they (Leia / the Resistance guys) didn't think about checking the Falcon for a tracker before sending Rey to Ahch-to???? Confus

@Night Huntress

We have no idea what the context is for the FoD cartoon yet. My guess would be that it takes place post-Starkiller, but before Rey leaves for Ahch-To.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 21 Sep 2017, 1:37 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@EchoBase

@ISeeAnIsland

@Night Huntress

We have no idea what the context is for the FoD cartoon yet. My guess would be that it takes place post-Starkiller, but before Rey leaves for Ahch-To.
@ISeeAnIsland

It could also be pre-Starkiller - after all, Unkar followed them to Takodana.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Sep 2017, 3:47 pm

vaderito wrote:It's a Generic Lego Hologram. Not a spoiler. It could stand in for virtually anyone. So the same one was Palaptaine's and now it's Kylo's.
@vaderito

Some 3rd party seller had it listed as Palpatine (PH tweeted about it earlier today) but it's not him. Apparently, it's been said that there are holograms in TLJ and Snoke talks to a hologram of Hux at some point. http://www.slashfilm.com/the-last-jedi-palpatine-rumor-is-false/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 21 Sep 2017, 3:50 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
vaderito wrote:It's a Generic Lego Hologram. Not a spoiler. It could stand in for virtually anyone. So the same one was Palaptaine's and now it's Kylo's.
@vaderito

Some 3rd party seller had it listed as Palpatine (PH tweeted about it earlier today) but it's not him. Apparently, it's been said that there are holograms in TLJ and Snoke talks to a hologram of Hux at some point. http://www.slashfilm.com/the-last-jedi-palpatine-rumor-is-false/
@Mrs Ben Solo

Possibly Hux on Crait. We know from Lego set that he leads the attack. Doubtful he was added as a fantasy scenario to sell more toys, lol.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:52 pm

Has anyone heard the audiobook preview of "From A Certain Point of View'? I heard that in one of the stories, Yoda was actually keen to train Leia and not Luke to become a jedi based on her temperament....but Obi-wan convinces him to train Luke instead (hence his reluctance to train Luke in ESB). I wonder if this decision had some long term repercussions.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:55 pm

Yoda: "Train the Skywalker Son, I will not."
Obi-Wan: "But, Master Yoda..."
Yoda: "Human disasters, Skywalker men are."
Obi-Wan: "Well, ladies in that family certainly have a strange taste for human disasters."
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Fri 22 Sep 2017, 9:20 am

Irina de France wrote:Yoda: "Train the Skywalker Son, I will not."
Obi-Wan: "But, Master Yoda..."
Yoda: "Human disasters, Skywalker men are."
Obi-Wan: "Well, ladies in that family certainly have a strange taste for human disasters."
@Irina de France

OMG it's so hilarious Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Fri 22 Sep 2017, 9:26 am

panki wrote:Has anyone heard the audiobook preview of "From A Certain Point of View'? I heard that in one of the stories, Yoda was actually keen to train Leia and not Luke to become a jedi based on her temperament....but Obi-wan convinces him to train Luke instead (hence his reluctance to train Luke in ESB). I wonder if this decision had some long term repercussions.
@panki

Oh, that's fascinating. I've actually always thought Leia has a lot of her dad in her, temperament wise, which rather makes me question Yoda's judgement on that one...!

Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 22 Sep 2017, 10:21 am

Blackcanary wrote:
panki wrote:Has anyone heard the audiobook preview of "From A Certain Point of View'? I heard that in one of the stories, Yoda was actually keen to train Leia and not Luke to become a jedi based on her temperament....but Obi-wan convinces him to train Luke instead (hence his reluctance to train Luke in ESB). I wonder if this decision had some long term repercussions.
@panki

Oh, that's fascinating. I've actually always thought Leia has a lot of her dad in her, temperament wise, which rather makes me question Yoda's judgement on that one...!

@Blackcanary

Maybe because although Leia has Anakin's temperament, she is worldly and mature like Padme at a young age. Leia has an awareness beyond her years, and if she knew she had the Force, you would bet on it that she would be very responsible with her abilities, and possibly even use it sparingly knowing the dangers of being corrupted.

Luke on the otherhand, has Padme's sweet temperament but Anakin's naivety and innocence being sheltered away from the conflict (while Leia grew up in a political world). Luke is the typical sweet summer child. He is excited and easily impressed. His emotions can easily be swayed (I am your father moment), and thus it means he might not have the control needed for a Jedi hero. While Anakin had a lot of fear that clouded his judgement, Luke is too trusting and guilible, and might not take betrayal and failure very well (look at Ben).

He pretty much believed Vader's paternal claim right away. If it were Leia, she'd spit on his face and go "yeah right".

Yoda probably wants Leia as a student because she's more disciplined and wise, while Luke is impatient and excited.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 22 Sep 2017, 10:25 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:  

Luke on the otherhand, has Padme's sweet temperament but Anakin's naivety and innocence being sheltered away from the conflict (while Leia grew up in a political world). Luke is the typical sweet summer child. He is excited and easily impressed. His emotions can easily be swayed (I am your father moment), and thus it means he might not have the control needed for a Jedi hero. While Anakin had a lot of fear that clouded his judgement, Luke is too trusting and guilible, and might not take betrayal and failure very well (look at Ben).

He pretty much believed Vader's paternal claim right away. If it were Leia, she'd spit on his face and go "yeah right".

Yoda probably wants Leia as a student because she's more disciplined and wise, while Luke is impatient and excited.
@Rei of Sunshine

Not so sure about bolded. Leia should have thrown Finn in the brig instead of just trusting his word that he innocently defected from FO especially since they likely knew that new Storm troopers were born, bread and programmed. The level of ridiculous amount of trust characters show in TFA is one of my biggest peeves with that movie. So that ruins her character, IMO. especially since it turned out that Finn was indeed lying about his motive to go to SKB and transparently so. Like, WTF Leia, Han, etc?

I just hate it when good characteruisation is thrown out of the window for the sake of forced insta friendships and weightless likability. I couldn't care for 90% of TFA characters because of that. They don't feel real, they all act out of character, and some are beyond repair.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 22 Sep 2017, 10:50 am

vaderito wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:  

@Rei of Sunshine

Not so sure about bolded. Leia should have thrown Finn in the brig instead of just trusting his word that he innocently defected from FO especially since they likely knew that new Storm troopers were born, bread and programmed. The level of ridiculous amount of trust characters show in TFA is one of my biggest peeves with that movie. So that ruins her character, IMO. especially since it turned out that Finn was indeed lying about his motive to go to SKB and transparently so. Like, WTF Leia, Han, etc?

I just hate it when good characteruisation is thrown out of the window for the sake of forced insta friendships and weightless likability. I couldn't care for 90% of TFA characters because of that. They don't feel real, they all act out of character, and some are beyond repair.
@vaderito

Speaking within story characterization, I'm talking about 19 yr old Leia, while you're refering to 50 yr old Leia who's had her limits tested.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 22 Sep 2017, 10:54 am

I seem to remember (it might have been in a book, I'm not sure) Leia believing that if she'd ever trained as a Jedi, between her and Luke, she would be more likely to fall to the dark side.
I could be totally wrong tho....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 22 Sep 2017, 10:54 am

@Rei of Sunshine true. That's what aging of characters does to me. I can never think of them as once young. They are old to me forever.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 22 Sep 2017, 11:32 am

vaderito wrote:@Rei of Sunshine true. That's what aging of characters does to me. I can never think of them as once young. They are old to me forever.
@vaderito

I do agree that Leia in TFA just felt like she got skimmed over, and Carrie's half hearted acting back then didn't help much. Although if she really is as desperate as they want to portray, being targeted by the FO and losing the NR, I guess she would've agreed with anyone willing enough to martyr themselves for the mission, hence she likes Finn right away.

But meh...
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 22 Sep 2017, 12:02 pm

Two disparate thoughts that came out when I had TFA on in the background the other day while doing other stuff:

"There's still a piece missing" - Han's whole monologue is ironically the heart of the Force plot with the lines about "One Boy," last Jedi Temple, telling Rey essentially that like her, as a young man he thought it was all a fairy tale until he saw it come true (via the girl he fell in love with and the son they had together), et cetera. As the camera floats around the projected map and he inspects it, he says "there's still a piece missing." Which the camera comes around to Rey. She's the missing piece of the puzzle and unknowingly, the missing piece is about to be delivered by his father to "the other half" (director's words) in the next segment of the film.

"He thinks he's doing the right thing" - both DR and JB have said that they buy into the characterization that Kylo's gone bonkers because he thinks that his actions are driven by a higher purpose and the greater good. Which would fit in with the press quotes that Luke tried to groom Ben as the next Chosen One and every Space Hamlet monologue. Solo Jr. cracked like a show pony for reasons the filmmakers haven't shown yet, but he got handed that responsibility by Luke and it's driven him over the bend. And he may not have ever been the actual Chosen One, it may have been part of trying to keep up family appearances because they can't admit how grandpa actually fulfilled the prophecy.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 23 Sep 2017, 8:52 am

Yo, Americans! Are people on Reddit trolling or is there something coming up on Good Morning America soon? Some kind of a sneak peek, they said?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 23 Sep 2017, 8:59 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:Yo, Americans! Are people on Reddit trolling or is there something coming up on Good Morning America soon? Some kind of a sneak peek, they said?
@Darth Dingbat

Ah, false alarm. Apparently the big news was only that the film is finished.

I don't know where the sneak peek stuff came from.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 23 Sep 2017, 11:04 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:Yo, Americans! Are people on Reddit trolling or is there something coming up on Good Morning America soon? Some kind of a sneak peek, they said?
@Darth Dingbat

@Darth Dingbat

I only ever watch the BBC world service so wrong Yank to ask. I am profoundly sorry that we won't have Round Two of Carrie Fisher trolling vacuous TV interviewers about double standards when it comes to aging and weight for women

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sat 23 Sep 2017, 11:10 am

snufkin wrote:
"He thinks he's doing the right thing" - both DR and JB have said that they buy into the characterization that Kylo's gone bonkers because he thinks that his actions are driven by a higher purpose and the greater good. Which would fit in with the press quotes that Luke tried to groom Ben as the next Chosen One and every Space Hamlet monologue. Solo Jr. cracked like a show pony for reasons the filmmakers haven't shown yet, but he got handed that responsibility by Luke and it's driven him over the bend. And he may not have ever been the actual Chosen One, it may have been part of trying to keep up family appearances because they can't admit how grandpa actually fulfilled the prophecy.
@snufkin

One thing I would like about the Space Hamlet monologue, especially if it's about liberty, would be that it isn't redeemed Kylo - it's maximum Kylo.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 23 Sep 2017, 11:29 am

Kylo Men wrote:
snufkin wrote:
@snufkin

One thing I would like about the Space Hamlet monologue, especially if it's about liberty, would be that it isn't redeemed Kylo - it's maximum Kylo.  
@Kylo Men

Hopefully we'll find out! Though my personal enjoyment of the character would go in the toilet if he turned out to be the Star Wars version of the guy who's read Ayn Rand and then never shuts up about it. He may or may not get redeemed if that were the case, definitely not getting laid.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 23 Sep 2017, 12:10 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

@Darth Dingbat

hahaha it goes along with the theme of American Media in general: everything is breaking news!!!!! Naw Sapristi Ehem
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 23 Sep 2017, 8:12 pm

I think this image is from the end of the movie. I can't place it at the beginning:

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors Tumblr_inline_owr2ntcAoe1ugexq0_500

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next