Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

+75
MrsWindu
SoloSideCousin
DeeBee
Acritiqua
Atenais
AceofWands
Airemyn
fuhry
Reylo Lemon
Kylo Rey
Camaro
Helix
Millicent the Cat
benorganasolo
PalmettoBlue
ZioRen
MissG
Forsythia
reylo1992
ReyofLightSide
Lily
RosiePancake
shii405
Marchtwin
spacebaby45678
krissy01
motherofpearl1
Darth Rowan
adamdrivershair
Moonjump05
SanghaRen
Geralt_Riv
Lucina
flexipexi
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
FrolickingFizzgig
BenRey
Tex
Piper Maru
Xylo Ren
Blood Moon
rey09
Kessel
Rimfaxe96
Cowgirlsamurai
Maria26
Kyla Ren
Saracene
bashfulblueeyes3
SkyStar
kroi
nite0wl29
soulluos
Casper
DarthRen
Darth_Awakened
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Moonlight13
IoJovi
SheLitAFire
Kylo Men
snufkin
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Blackcanary
Anakin Skywalker
Irina de France
panki
vaderito
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
ISeeAnIsland
EchoBase
79 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Forsythia Mon 06 Nov 2017, 2:55 pm

Weren't there rumours about the Knights of Ren on Ahch-To?

I guess it could still be only Kylo, if they mean that the minions of the FO are looking for Rey and Luke but send Kylo to deal with them.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 06 Nov 2017, 3:01 pm

Forsythia wrote:Weren't there rumours about the Knights of Ren on Ahch-To?

I guess it could still be only Kylo, if they mean that the minions of the FO are looking for Rey and Luke but send Kylo to deal with them.
@Forsythia

Or Kylo found them on his own agenda- I have the feeling he don't want the FO (or even Snoke) involved. Evil or Very Mad
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 06 Nov 2017, 3:07 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
Forsythia wrote:Weren't there rumours about the Knights of Ren on Ahch-To?

@Forsythia

Or Kylo found them on his own agenda- I have the feeling he don't want the FO (or even Snoke) involved. Evil or Very Mad
@Night Huntress

I would also vote for Kylo to Ahch-To alone. I think it fits him to just recklessly go to the island alone - as Adam said - Kylo is an optimist. Very Happy Maybe he thinks he can take Luke and Rey by himself.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Mon 06 Nov 2017, 4:34 pm

Thanks all. So it is not clear from the German synopses if Kylo visits alone or with company. We shall have to wait and see then Smile

But I am surpsised that the German cinemas seem to come up with their own synopsis (especially the first one mentioning Kylo goes to Ach-To is quite spoliery). Do the cinemas write the synopis on their own? I would have thought they are given the synopsis (possibly more than one version, and they can choose) by LFL, possibly already written in German. I would have thought these things are pre-determined and not left to chance (plus the people writing the synopsis would not have not seen the movie yet anyway)
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 06 Nov 2017, 5:02 pm

It's good to see more confirmation that Kylo does indeed go it to Ahch-to, either accompanied or alone.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 07 Nov 2017, 3:47 pm

Battlefront Spoilers, Reylo's #rawpowah Rey has powers like Obikin? I find it interesting that Rey's powers manifest are more mental and endurance ( Obi Wan ?) and it is Kylo who has raw physical power... interesting .

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 07 Nov 2017, 4:18 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Battlefront Spoilers, Reylo's #rawpowah Rey has powers like Obikin? I find it interesting that Rey's powers manifest are more mental and endurance ( Obi Wan ?) and it is Kylo who has raw physical power... interesting .

@spacebaby45678

First, interesting that they link Rey to both Obi-Wan and Anakin.

It could be but I personally hope that there won't be such a division between raw power Kylo and mentally resistant Rey (who anyway already has raw power) because there was already this division between between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

The result: Obi-Wan generally seen by the fandom as the bright-looking, well-balanced Jedi, smart tactician vs. Anakin seen as immature emo child, unbalanced raw warrior, not very smart tactician. I even saw once an argument in favor of Rey Kenobi because "Come on! Rey can't be a Skywalker! Skywalker are so immature and mentally unsteady. She is a Kenobi! So calm and mentally strong".

That says something about people perceive the distinction between wise mature Obi-Wan and emo immature Anakin and how they see Rey and Kylo. So I rather hope that it will be a little more balanced than this but it's only me.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 07 Nov 2017, 5:59 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Battlefront Spoilers, Reylo's #rawpowah  Rey has powers like Obikin?  I find it interesting that Rey's powers manifest are more mental and endurance ( Obi Wan ?) and it is Kylo who has raw physical power... interesting .

@spacebaby45678

It could be but I personally hope that there won't be such a division between raw power Kylo and mentally resistant Rey (who anyway already has raw power) because there was already this division between between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

The result: Obi-Wan generally seen by the fandom as the bright-looking, well-balanced Jedi, smart tactician  vs. Anakin seen as immature emo child, unbalanced raw warrior, not very smart tactician. I even saw once an argument in favor of Rey Kenobi because "Come on! Rey can't be a Skywalker! Skywalker are so immature and mentally unsteady. She is a Kenobi! So calm and mentally strong".

That says something about people perceive the distinction between wise mature Obi-Wan and emo immature Anakin and how they see Rey and Kylo. So I rather hope that it will be a little more balanced than this but it's only me.
@reylo1992

What is the meaning of balance? Does it mean bringing two exactly identical things together or does it mean making two opposite things the same? Neither and that is a good thing, how boring would it be without the contrast. Yin  & Yang are opposite or opposing things working together in harmony and as this is myth/fairy tale both Rey and Kylo or Obi & Anakin have two elements that are used to represent their archetypes Fire & Water.

The Yin/Yang balance

In addition to the elements, the chart identifies the Yin/Yang balance in someone's makeup.  In Chinese philosophy, everything in the world can be described as either Yin or Yang.  These are opposites, and in terms of character the following traits can be identified:

Yin: Introspective, introverted, prefers his/her own company, spiritual, considerate, liberal, slow to alter opinions and emotionally stable.
       elements water but this does sound like Obi
Yang: Self-motivated, active, emotionally erratic, ambitious, optimistic, passionate, serious, prone to jealousy, confident and pragmatic.
       element fire but this does sound like Anakin

“The ki of fire is originally in the heavenly realm, yet branching outward it sinks down to earth. The ki of water is originally of the earth, yet rising upward it cycles in the heavens.”

Put this to the test. Go back to ANH... Luke what is a Skywalker after all but the the Sun that walks across the sky every day. Fire.Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Inner-thoughts

In Obi's cave there is a batismal aspergillum is a liturgical implement used to sprinkle holy water
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Bens_Hut_interior

Fast Forward skipping the PT to get to the ST ( tons of stuff in the PT water & fire - obi & anakin )

Kylo's first scenes are in a firey furnace of a burnt village at night... befitting a Skywalker fallen to the darkside
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 KR-fire

Rey's firts scenes She unmasks and drinks water
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Tumblr_odhq1aPHRB1v3o2r3o1_540

Rey Takodonna Lake ( water )
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Giphy

Kylo Star Killer ( fire )
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Star-wars-kylo-ren-watches-starkiller-base-firing

TLJ so far

Kylo fire burning
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 The-last-jedi-teaser-10

Rey mo water

Rey falling in water, rain, fog
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 XoG1N7d
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Star-wars-the-last-jedi-trailer-breakdown-analysis-rey-fog
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Last-jedi-trailer-rey

Kylo, sparks, flames and flame troopers
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Screen_Shot_2017_10_09_at_10.29.50_PM
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Screen_Shot_2017_10_09_at_10.30.18_PM
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKPw8FbzTB0dUjuiK-qNpF1bhdWabC0jiaKW8h8ht16qiFBFx4DA

You could consider fog & smoke the elements in transition... hopefully these duel protagonists will be in transition.

Obi Wan' s words to Anakin in ROTS mirror what John the Baptist said to Jesus

I have taught you everything I know. and you have become a far greater Jedi than I could ever hope to be. but be patient, Anakin.

Matthew 3:11 "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire" King James Version 1611

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Rey-kylo-ren-interrogation-the-force-awakens
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 07 Nov 2017, 6:37 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Battlefront Spoilers, Reylo's #rawpowah  Rey has powers like Obikin?  I find it interesting that Rey's powers manifest are more mental and endurance ( Obi Wan ?) and it is Kylo who has raw physical power... interesting .

@spacebaby45678

The result: Obi-Wan generally seen by the fandom as the bright-looking, well-balanced Jedi, smart tactician  vs. Anakin seen as immature emo child, unbalanced raw warrior, not very smart tactician. I even saw once an argument in favor of Rey Kenobi because "Come on! Rey can't be a Skywalker! Skywalker are so immature and mentally unsteady. She is a Kenobi! So calm and mentally strong".

@reylo1992

What is the meaning of balance? Does it mean bringing two exactly identical things together or does it mean making two opposite things the same? Neither and that is a good thing, how boring would it be without the contrast. Yin  & Yang are opposite or opposing things working together in harmony and as this is myth/fairy tale both Rey and Kylo or Obi & Anakin have two elements that are used to represent their archetypes Fire & Water.

The Yin/Yang balance

In addition to the elements, the chart identifies the Yin/Yang balance in someone's makeup.  In Chinese philosophy, everything in the world can be described as either Yin or Yang.  These are opposites, and in terms of character the following traits can be identified:

Yin: Introspective, introverted, prefers his/her own company, spiritual, considerate, liberal, slow to alter opinions and emotionally stable.
       elements water but this does sound like Obi
Yang: Self-motivated, active, emotionally erratic, ambitious, optimistic, passionate, serious, prone to jealousy, confident and pragmatic.
       element fire but this does sound like Anakin

“The ki of fire is originally in the heavenly realm, yet branching outward it sinks down to earth. The ki of water is originally of the earth, yet rising upward it cycles in the heavens.”

Put this to the test. Go back to ANH... Luke what is a Skywalker after all but the the Sun that walks across the sky every day. Fire.Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Inner-thoughts

In Obi's cave there is a batismal aspergillum is a liturgical implement used to sprinkle holy water
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Bens_Hut_interior

Fast Forward skipping the PT to get to the ST ( tons of stuff in the PT water & fire - obi & anakin )

Kylo's first scenes are in a firey furnace of a burnt village at night... befitting a Skywalker fallen to the darkside
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 KR-fire

Rey's firts scenes She unmasks and drinks water
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Tumblr_odhq1aPHRB1v3o2r3o1_540

Rey Takodonna Lake ( water )

Kylo Star Killer ( fire )
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Star-wars-kylo-ren-watches-starkiller-base-firing

TLJ so far

Kylo fire burning
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 The-last-jedi-teaser-10

Rey mo water

Rey falling in water, rain, fog
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 XoG1N7d
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Star-wars-the-last-jedi-trailer-breakdown-analysis-rey-fog
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Last-jedi-trailer-rey

Kylo, sparks, flames and flame troopers
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Screen_Shot_2017_10_09_at_10.29.50_PM
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Screen_Shot_2017_10_09_at_10.30.18_PM
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKPw8FbzTB0dUjuiK-qNpF1bhdWabC0jiaKW8h8ht16qiFBFx4DA

You could consider fog & smoke the elements in transition... hopefully these duel protagonists will be in transition.

Obi Wan' s words to Anakin in ROTS mirror what John the Baptist said to Jesus

I have taught you everything I know. and you have become a far greater Jedi than I could ever hope to be. but be patient, Anakin.

Matthew 3:11 "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire" King James Version 1611

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Rey-kylo-ren-interrogation-the-force-awakens
@spacebaby45678

Great meta! Smile

I would complete with this

Ren = Yang Water
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 111210
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 301010
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Johnev10
Kylo is his Grandfather's grandson but he is also very much his Grandmother's grandson. By his name, he is closely associated with water. So Kylo is all alone a combination of the fire and the water that his grandparents represented in AOTC.

In TFA, he was also very much associated to yin rather than yang:
- black
-  feminine
==> to some extent since he rather has the traditional role of the Princess in distress)
- moon
==> TFA introductory shot with Kylo's lightsaber representing the moon covering the sun during a solar eclipse
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 14806312
- cold
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 Th16
- dominated
==> He definitely didn't have the upper hand on Rey in TFA
- negative

So I would say that they are at the same time completely opposite and the same as yin and yang.

Actually, my concern was more about how their personalities will be portrayed in the next episodes. I was just expressing wish that they do not make Rey the bright-looking mature Kenobi girl whereas her love interest would be portrayed as a emo immature Skywalker boy because this is already  what we got with Obi-Wan and Anakin. Personally, I wish that people would end the ST with another image about the Skywalker than petulant, whiny, emo boys who always need a Kenobi to raise them up. And in TFA well, there was already this big distinction,  with the result that that the GA sees Rey as a well-balanced, bright-looking, strong-minded girl who shouldn't get romantically involved with the emo unsteady, weak(_minded) Skywalker boy stupidly following the steps of his emo unsteady weak(-minded) grandfather. Or if LF maintains this distinction, please LF explain their unsteadiness/inclination to the darkness by an age-old mystery rather than personality flaws.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 07 Nov 2017, 8:20 pm

Those are beautiful metas @spacebaby45678 and @reylo1992

You don't hear about the Padme factor too much, when so much focus is on Anakin as an ancestor and influencing factor. That's something I'd love to explore more as 8 & 9 come out: how Ben shares traits with Padme. There's something about his countenance that I can see as similar to hers (whether the script/characterization called for that or it just happened organically in AD's acting). And I never realized how closely related/similar the names Ren & Padme are!
And I love the water vs fire screen caps from TFA & TLJ.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 07 Nov 2017, 8:29 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Battlefront Spoilers, Reylo's #rawpowah Rey has powers like Obikin? I find it interesting that Rey's powers manifest are more mental and endurance ( Obi Wan ?) and it is Kylo who has raw physical power... interesting .

@spacebaby45678

Thanks for sharing this one! I cannot wait to learn more about everyone's force powers! Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 08 Nov 2017, 2:28 am

@reylo1992

I understand your point but again how can Kylo & Rey represent these two elements without containing the quality of the elements in their respective personalities? Adding to that with every good quality there is a bad side to it... fans are romanticizing Obi Wan he is not a paragon of all virtue and neither will Rey be. in the PT there were times he was a real jerk, in TCW he treats Satine rather cluelessly and pretends to be oblivious to her and his feelings toward each other... as Satine calls him a teller of half truths and hyperbole.. in other words a liar and he continues to lie in ANH to Luke. So focused on what he feels is right i.e. democracy and the Republic he forgets what is right and that a Jedi is a peacemaker not a warrior, Obi is a follower of rules and not an independent thinker like Anakin. There were times he was weak, Obi should have killed Anakin in ROTS he could not. By the way that was a huge mistake, major f'up...

Rey may not be a Kenobi at all, but she is here to represent the element of water, and again this is a mythical passion play and the characters have their archetypes to portray, In the end both will take on aspects of the others personality with Rey/ Water will need her fires to be lighted to move forward she needs the call of her inner passion to be ignited so to speak. Neither Rey nor Kylo will be in stasis or what would be the point of it all? wasn't that the whole point of this

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 39 3801C49E00000578-3777708-image-m-24_1473247611009
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 08 Nov 2017, 5:52 pm

Here's an excerpt from the Canto Bight book - really looking forward to that one, as Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens was actually my favourite book associated with TFA.

Anyway, not much spoilers here of course, except that the little aliens we've seen in BTS are rich and obnoxious and have names now Smile Also, I think the mystery of what's going on at sea in Canto Bight is solved: yacht racing!

http://www.starwars.com/news/stakes-are-high-in-canto-bight-exclusive-excerpt
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 09 Nov 2017, 4:38 pm

Disney, LF Announce new Star Wars trilogy with no Skywalkers written by RJ

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Thu 09 Nov 2017, 5:21 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Disney, LF Announce new Star Wars trilogy with no Skywalkers written by RJ

@spacebaby45678

And I have heard that they also announced that there will be live action TV series. We are going into new age with Star Wars. Laughing
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 09 Nov 2017, 5:32 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Disney, LF Announce new Star Wars trilogy with no Skywalkers written by RJ

@spacebaby45678

Wow, he must have pitched a really awesome story. LF was also very happy with TLJ so that's very promising.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 09 Nov 2017, 5:34 pm

I take it that LF will nix spin-offs. YES! RO was disposable and inconsequential and Solo sounds awful. RIP Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter, Yoda movies, we won't miss you.

I think that they'll alternate this trilogy and X-XII.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 09 Nov 2017, 5:50 pm

Hopefully we will still get Obi Wan's stand alone
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 09 Nov 2017, 5:57 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Hopefully we will still get Obi Wan's stand alone
@spacebaby45678

Likely the last spin-off. They won't get this trilogy off the ground before 2021 so Obi Wan in 2020. Though Obi Wan was never an official announcement, just a rumor by reliable trades such as Variety or Hollywood Reporter, no?

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Thu 09 Nov 2017, 6:06 pm

Really surpised by this announcement. It makes more sense than the spin-offs, and more sense than the 'more stories' [standalone movies] with these new characters (Rey, Finn, Poe, BB8) that KK mentioned the other day; as for another trilogy staring Kylo's and Rey's children they would have to wait a decade at least. So this new trilogy would make sense, but I am really surprised they announced it now.

I know KK/LFL/Disney seem really pleased with what RJ had done with TLJ (supposedly they offfered him Ep 9 first, and when he refused they offered it to JJ). But although they like TLJ, they do not know the audience reaction and what the box office will be. And the movie will be out in one month, so they will know soon enough. Why not wait to see what the receptinon of TLJ wil be, before annoucning this? They can consider it and have some preliminary talks with RJ, but do not come to a decision or make an announcement until after they see how TLJ fares. And if it is successful as they think/hope, then go ahead and announce it.

I mean TLJ will be 'successful', but how successful is to be determined. TFA made 2 billion and I do not see TLJ approaching that. What figure would be considered good enough to warrant another trilogy by RJ? I do not know what that figure is, but there must be a figure Disney/LFL will consider good enough to go ahead with this. The point is they do not yet know how well TLJ will do, and they only had 2 months to wait to find out. So business-wise it makes no sense to me. As in, this is a premature announcement.
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 09 Nov 2017, 6:12 pm

LesCousinsDangereux wrote:Really surpised by this announcement. It makes more sense than the spin-offs, and more sense than the 'more stories' [standalone movies] with these new characters (Rey, Finn, Poe, BB8) that KK mentioned the other day; as for another trilogy staring Kylo's and Rey's children they would have to wait a decade at least. So this new trilogy would make sense, but I am really surprised they announced it now.

I know KK/LFL/Disney seem really pleased with what RJ had done with TLJ (supposedly they offfered him Ep 9 first, and when he refused they offered it to JJ). But although they like TLJ, they do not know the audience reaction and what the box office will be. And the movie will be out in one month, so they will know soon enough. Why not wait to see what the receptinon of TLJ wil be, before annoucning this? They can consider it and have some preliminary talks with RJ, but do not come to a decision or make an announcement until after they see how TLJ fares. And if it is successful as they think/hope, then go ahead and announce it.

I mean TLJ will be 'successful', but how successful is to be determined. TFA made 2 billion and I do not see TLJ approaching that. What figure would be considered good enough to warrant another trilogy by RJ? I do not know what that figure is, but there must be a figure Disney/LFL will consider good enough to go ahead with this. The point is they do not yet know how well TLJ will do, and they only had 2 months to wait to find out. So business-wise it makes no sense to me. As in, this is a premature announcement.
@LesCousinsDangereux

I’m actually encouraged by your words here, because it tells me that the creators are writing the stories as they should be written, without pandering or appeasing certain factions.  I also know there is sort of a low level underlying fear amongst some Reylos that because of the small group of loud, very vocal antis, LF will get cold feet at the last minute and not go full steam ahead with Reylo as they had originally planned.  I really do hope this can help assuage some of that in our community.

Last edited by IoJovi on Thu 09 Nov 2017, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 09 Nov 2017, 6:14 pm

vaderito wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Hopefully we will still get Obi Wan's stand alone
@spacebaby45678

Likely the last spin-off. They won't get this trilogy off the ground before 2021 so Obi Wan in 2020. Though Obi Wan was never an official announcement, just a rumor by reliable trades such as Variety or Hollywood Reporter, no?

@vaderito

I remember it as a rumor in the trades.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Thu 09 Nov 2017, 6:31 pm

IoJovi wrote:
LesCousinsDangereux wrote:Really surpised by this announcement. It makes more sense than the spin-offs, and more sense than the 'more stories' [standalone movies] with these new characters (Rey, Finn, Poe, BB8) that KK mentioned the other day; as for another trilogy staring Kylo's and Rey's children they would have to wait a decade at least. So this new trilogy would make sense, but I am really surprised they announced it now.

@LesCousinsDangereux

I’m actually encouraged by your words here, because it tells me that the creators are writing the stories as they should be written, without pandering or appeasing certain factions.  I also know there is sort of a low level underlying fear amongst some Reylos that because of the small group of loud, very vocal antis, LF will get cold feet at the last minute and not go full steam ahead with Reylo as they had originally planned.  I really do hope this can help assuage some of that in our community.
@IoJovi

I agree with what you say regarding Reylo, but I was not really worried about it. I think the anti’s community are very small but very vocal. What matters is the bottom line, ie $$$. [ETA: also good reviews will matter, but I am sure TLJ will have positive reviews.]

But forgetting Kylo and Rey for a moment, business-wise this does not make sense. LFL/Disney are here to make money. Yes, they would like to tell a good story, but a good story that is also commercially successful. And the way sequels and universes work, is you make more movies/sequels/trilogies if the previous one made enough money to justify this as a good business decision.

For example, Universal wanted to [prematurely] advertise their upcoming Dark Universe together with the Mummy (the first movie in that Universe). The Mummy flopped (made $400 million but that was not good enough) and the Dark Universe seems to be scrapped for now.

So as I said there must be a figure (eg say $1.4 billion global box office, just giving an example) that LFL/Disney would consider good enough to green-light this. And they may be optimistic, but they do not know yet what the actual box office will be. And they only had to wait about 2 months (so not long at all), to have this crucial piece of info.
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 09 Nov 2017, 6:49 pm

IoJovi wrote:

@LesCousinsDangereux

@IoJovi

Yeah I am surprised too and tbh not that happy that they already announce a new trilogy.

I mean, the second movie of the trilogy  comes barely in theaters and they already want to make another. Well...Personally, I would prefer that they first focus on finishing the ST well and give a powerful, emotional, well-written conclusion to the ST.

The only good news in here IMO is that they don't seem to plan another trilogy on the Skywalker and I rather appreciate it. Better a good conclusion for the Skywalker arc than ambiguous endings like POTC in orde to extend the franchise (for money) and thus make bad follow-ups.

That may sound strange from someone who likes the Skywalker franchise but I will always  prefer definitive good conclusions to potential bad follow-ups Razz They didn't do it for POTC and the result is...painful

But yeah, I guess Rian would be the best person to extend the universe with the introduction of totally new concepts and characters. Not sure through that I will really feel the same connection to the Skywalker saga although I wish this arc ends after Episode 9.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 09 Nov 2017, 7:12 pm

LesCousinsDangereux wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@LesCousinsDangereux

@IoJovi

I agree with what you say regarding Reylo, but I was not really worried about it. I think the anti’s community are very small but very vocal. What matters is the bottom line, ie $$$. [ETA: also good reviews will matter, but I am sure TLJ will have positive reviews.]

But forgetting Kylo and Rey for a moment, business-wise this does not make sense. LFL/Disney are here to make money. Yes, they would like to tell a good story, but a good story that is also commercially successful. And the way sequels and universes work, is you make more movies/sequels/trilogies if the previous one made enough money to justify this as a good business decision.

For example, Universal wanted to [prematurely] advertise their upcoming Dark Universe together with the Mummy (the first movie in that Universe). The Mummy flopped (made $400 million but that was not good enough) and the Dark Universe seems to be scrapped for now.

So as I said there must be a figure (eg say $1.4 billion global box office, just giving an example) that LFL/Disney would consider good enough to green-light this. And they may be optimistic, but they do not know yet what the actual box office will be. And they only had to wait about 2 months (so not long at all), to have this crucial piece of info.
@LesCousinsDangereux

Oh I wasn’t talking about myself. I personally have complete faith my assessments are correct. I have talked to others though who have worries if the ants are vocal enough, they can have actual sway. I’ve never thought that to be the case, but it still pleases me to know they’re writing the story as it’s meant to be, and won’t be pulling any punches. Sure, from a business standpoint it might be better to wait and see, but at the same time I love the level of confidence the timing exudes.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next