Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

+28
adamdrivershair
nite0wl29
Moonlight13
SkyStar
Darth_marshmallow
tukicarreno
Night Huntress
Mana
shii405
EchoBase
Lily Snape
vaderito
Cowgirlsamurai
Tex
snufkin
Saracene
Forsythia
ISeeAnIsland
PalmettoBlue
Kylo Rey
LadyHa
reylo1992
Darth_Awakened
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dingbat
Birdwoman
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings Empty Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Birdwoman Thu 02 Nov 2017, 11:40 pm

Wait, Reylo is now in mainstream media??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings Empty Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 03 Nov 2017, 12:37 am

Birdwoman wrote:Wait, Reylo is now in mainstream media??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Birdwoman

Well, Adam's GQ interview did mention "romantic tension between her and Driver's Kylo Ren"...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings Empty Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Birdwoman Fri 03 Nov 2017, 12:39 am

WHAT??!! I am trying to catch up with all the news......I started the article but didn't finish it yet. Ok, tomorrow that is my goal.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 03 Nov 2017, 1:02 am

Birdwoman wrote:WHAT??!! I am trying to catch up with all the news......I started the article but didn't finish it yet. Ok, tomorrow that is my goal.
@Birdwoman

Oh you gotta read the article. It is *awesome*!!!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 03 Nov 2017, 1:02 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:Wait, Reylo is now in mainstream media??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Birdwoman

Well, Adam's GQ interview did mention "romantic tension between her and Driver's Kylo Ren"...
@Darth Dingbat

wheeeere?!?!?! i did not see that!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 03 Nov 2017, 1:48 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:WHAT??!!  I am trying to catch up with all the news......I started the article but didn't finish it yet.   Ok, tomorrow that is my goal.
@Birdwoman

@SoloSideCousin

Yeah, it is a really great article, click bait issue aside. Smile

The part/quote where the author mentions the sexual tension between them is:

"On this particular mid-September day, the internet is abuzz with new speculation that Ridley's character, Rey, is the daughter of Princess Leia (also Kylo Ren's mother). This theory would take any sexual tension between her and Driver's Kylo Ren into the realm of incest -- territory which the Star War trilogy explored with a kiss between Mark Hamill's Luke and Carrie Fisher's Leia."

The article then quotes Adam talking about how his "uncle" and "mum" "made out." There are no quotes from Adam about "any sexual tension" between Rey and Kylo though, but I wonder if the author mentioned it and (Rey Solo) since it looks like he mentioned Luke and Leia in the discussion.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 03 Nov 2017, 2:16 am

Reylo's been it the mainstream media from the start: The Times magazine (Was it The Times ?) review did mention the sexual energy between the two during the snow fight.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 03 Nov 2017, 2:48 am

Kessel wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:WHAT??!!  I am trying to catch up with all the news......I started the article but didn't finish it yet.   Ok, tomorrow that is my goal.
@Birdwoman

@SoloSideCousin

"On this particular mid-September day, the internet is abuzz with new speculation that Ridley's character, Rey, is the daughter of Princess Leia (also Kylo Ren's mother). This theory would take any sexual tension between her and Driver's Kylo Ren into the realm of incest -- territory which the Star War trilogy explored with a kiss between Mark Hamill's Luke and Carrie Fisher's Leia."

The article then quotes Adam talking about how his "uncle" and "mum" "made out." There are no quotes from Adam about "any sexual tension" between Rey and Kylo though, but I wonder if the author mentioned it and (Rey Solo) since it looks like he mentioned Luke and Leia in the discussion.
@Kessel

Or else the author is aware of "Reylo". Or even saw the potential for Reylo in TFA...

I think the quote was "romantic tension" though, rather than sexual tension.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 03 Nov 2017, 3:15 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Kessel wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Birdwoman

@SoloSideCousin

@Kessel

Or else the author is aware of "Reylo". Or even saw the potential for Reylo in TFA...

I think the quote was "romantic tension" though, rather than sexual tension.
@Darth Dingbat

Oops! You're right, it was romantic tension! Smile

Yeah, I was wondering if the author mentioned Reylo to Adam despite the fact there are no quotes about it from Adam. I'd love to know how Adam would have responded had the author said anything about the possibility of tension romantic between them.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 06 Nov 2017, 1:38 pm

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa Wed 08 Nov 2017, 3:26 pm

I know that the parallels with Phantom of the Opera have been pointed out several times, but I haven't seen as much about the 1925/29 silent film version starring Lon Chaney, which I watched recently.  The Phantom is quite disturbing and creepy in this one, and not as much of a romantic anti-hero as the musical or modern era film.  

It's kind of inverted from The Force Awakens in that the Phantom is somewhat seductive to Christine in the beginning, particularly as he lures her into his underground home. Then, of course, she faints and he carries her to bed (ah, early Hollywood.)  The next day, it gets all Bluebeard-y as she removes his mask and is horrified.  He gets more and more revolting as the rest of the film plays out.  The audience may feel pity for the Phantom, but he's no Byronic figure.  

Here's some screenshots of similar scenes between the two films:

Crouching at the start of a conversation
Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings Crouch10

Reaching hand out
Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings Handou10

Reaction after the creature is de-maskedRey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings Reacti10

And, of course, The Carry after the Faint
Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings Carry10
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 08 Nov 2017, 5:32 pm

You know, I'm very curious to see how TLJ will make people retroactively view TFA. Because I feel like a lot of criticisms that people levy against it are completely absolved when viewed through a Reylo lens e.g. a lot of people don't even seem to realise that Kylo was in fact *NOT* trying to kill Rey at SKB and just label him an emo wuss as a result. Reylo literally improves TFA and makes it seem fresh and new amidst all the OT nostalgia. When this ST trilogy is looked back upon, I'm betting Reylo is what is going to separate it apart from the OT and the PT and make it iconic in it's own right. It's one of the reasons I love it so much. We've never seen a light side/darksider fall in love before in SW (not counting the EU of course).
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Wed 08 Nov 2017, 5:36 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:You know, I'm very curious to see how TLJ will make people retroactively view TFA. Because I feel like a lot of criticisms that people levy against it are completely absolved when viewed through a Reylo lens e.g. a lot of people don't even seem to realise that Kylo was in fact *NOT* trying to kill Rey at SKB and just label him an emo wuss as a result. Reylo literally improves TFA and makes it seem fresh and new amidst all the OT nostalgia. When this ST trilogy is looked back upon, I'm betting Reylo is what is going to separate it apart from the OT and the PT and make it iconic in it's own right. It's one of the reasons I love it so much. We've never seen a light side/darksider fall in love before in SW (not counting the EU of course).
@Kylo Rey
^^^^All of this.
For me, the movie did not make sense until I watched it with Reylo glasses on. Then, everything that made me go “WTF?” made complete sense.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 08 Nov 2017, 5:41 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:You know, I'm very curious to see how TLJ will make people retroactively view TFA. Because I feel like a lot of criticisms that people levy against it are completely absolved when viewed through a Reylo lens e.g. a lot of people don't even seem to realise that Kylo was in fact *NOT* trying to kill Rey at SKB and just label him an emo wuss as a result. Reylo literally improves TFA and makes it seem fresh and new amidst all the OT nostalgia. When this ST trilogy is looked back upon, I'm betting Reylo is what is going to separate it apart from the OT and the PT and make it iconic in it's own right. It's one of the reasons I love it so much. We've never seen a light side/darksider fall in love before in SW (not counting the EU of course).
@Kylo Rey
^^^^All of this.
For me, the movie did not make sense until I watched it with Reylo glasses on. Then, everything that made me go “WTF?” made complete sense.
@PalmettoBlue

Not even just the Reylo glasses...but some of the other mystery box stuff...

I rewatched TFA recently, and now having seen the TLJ trailer, I wouldn't be surprised if the ground splitting during the snow fight isn't a result of the x-wing attack, but from Rey losing control of her RAWPOWAH without realizing it.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 08 Nov 2017, 6:14 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
@Kylo Rey
^^^^All of this.
@PalmettoBlue

Tbh, I never saw Rey as a Skywalker, even on my first viewing. Even before TFA was released, I never wanted Rey to be Luke's and was rooting for her to be Han and Leia's (Luke having children is just too OOC for me, idk). It was clear by the time I watched it though, that she was completely unrelated. Was on the lookout for Reywalker hints, but it just never clicked. I think the first time I sensed something was different between Rey & Kylo was the "What Girl???" scene and then as the movie went on I realised what was happening and was like so this is where this is going. Then it was just a matter of going online and checking to see if other people saw what I had seen. I was actually shocked so many people were still on the Reywalker train because the interrogation scene completely cemented the fact that they were unrelated for me. I asked my sister who isn't into SW at all (but watched TFA with me) what she thought of Rey's parentage and she thought it was Rey random.

JJ has really played the long game here with Kylo, imo. Not just regarding Reylo but Kylo's backstory too. It's been left so purposefully vague and ambiguous that people have leapt at the chance to make assumptions. It's ripe for a shocking twist.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Wed 08 Nov 2017, 6:35 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
@Kylo Rey
^^^^All of this.
@PalmettoBlue

Right. The first time I watched TFA, I didn't understand Kylo's character at all and I hated that Rey, who was new to the Force stuff, could defeat him. Then with Reylo glasses and paying more attention I realized that he was wounded, that he didn't want to kill her, and that Rey might have special powers similar to his. Reylo glasses also made the whole story so much more interesting.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 08 Nov 2017, 7:04 pm

@Kylo Rey

I think that, while TLJ won't solve all of TFA's issues, it will at least make many people reassess Kylo's character and his interactions with Rey. I used to think early on that Rey defeating Kylo in the very first movie was an awful idea, but the problem disappeared once I got onto the idea that maybe Kylo was never really meant to be Rey's long-term antagonist.

One review I've seen accurately pointed out that Rey and Kylo's scenes are one of the few things in TFA that don't reference or call back to something in the OT. There just may not have been enough of them to really salvage TFA from nostalgia-fest, but yeah if TLJ really brings it TFA will benefit in hindsight as well.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 08 Nov 2017, 7:19 pm

Some will likely have an a-ha! moment in revisiting TFA after seeing TLJ. But there are going to be some audience members who continue to insist (as with the helmet should've come off for Han, not Rey) that it's wrong because they're too wrapped up in their perceptions. Kind of reminds me of this comment by the film critic Priscilla Page* about fanboys who keep arguing with her about different films (example here being Jennifer's Body) where they're completely oblivious to how their own male gaze/privilege is being satirized or toyed with as part of how the film is presented. People who are blind to how their own perceptions shape a film, including how filmmaker's play with that expectation, are going to double down on their arguments that it's a certain way.  

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings Captur10

* Who you guys should totally follow because she Tweets rad stuff  about the OT, like Ralph McQuarrie's original designs that are turning up in the ST and R1.  

Also you guys remember this review, kudos to this reviewer for spotting it out of the gate

she shows something else in her two scenes with Driver, who, in a career-defining pivot, brings his A-game to a dress-up pageant (taking a cue from Alex Guinness’s sincerity of purpose in the original). First up is a who’s-zooming-who Force-off while Rey’s strapped to a torture device—the second such scene, following the Force-less Poe coughing up intel to the masked one under duress, both of which echo Vader’s dubious probing of Leia in the original. Quite easily once asked, Kylo removes his mask to expose flowing locks and liquefied eyes, and tries to use the Force to get Rey to reveal the big secret—the missing section of a map that will lead to Skywalker’s whereabouts (not joking)—but she resists. Abrams lets the scene play a bit, lets them share the frame (a rarity in a film that favors shot/reverse shot interplay) as they grunt and seethe and play tug of war with each other’s inner thoughts. There’s a queasy sexual chemistry between the strapped-down heroine and the handsome, Gargamel-cloaked villain, which seems to arise not from a plot imperative but from the electricity passed between two compelling people in proximity.
That chemistry is resumed during an epic lightsaber battle in the woods, the film’s most dramatically compacted scene as well as its most visually inspired. With a shocking (though not really) turn of events still fresh in our minds, and Finn at least temporarily toppled, Rey discovers her powers in time to spar with Kylo, resuming their battle of positive-negative spiritual forces and undulating sexual tension. They chase each other around the woods, niftily felling trees with their flaming weapons like slow motion warriors in a Zhang Yimou film, and again stare at each other, this time over crossed and crackling sabers, air-parrying undefined heat. It feels like something, and it also looks like something—in that it doesn’t mean to overtly resemble anything we’ve seen before in the franchise. Abrams had an idea here, or at least an out-of-bounds reference, and it shows.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 08 Nov 2017, 8:26 pm

Re: “Kylo should have taken off the mask for Han”: as much as I loved Harrison Ford’s appearance in TFA, I do think that the emphasis on Han’s character made the movie feel diluted in a way and diverted some of the attention from the new characters (gosh I sound like Pablo now). An old beloved character doesn’t have to distort the story like a lead ball on a rubber sheet, but I think that in this regard, JJ handled old!Spock’s appearance in the first Star Trek movie better. He was an integral part of the story, but the new young characters and their dynamics were firmly the focus and old!Spock never took the centre stage. Now, we have Rey who is mostly appalled with Kylo because he’s killed a father figure she had one nice conversation with, *not* because he hurt her only friend, so taking away the emphasis from Rey and Finn’s relationship to a character who’s mostly important to Rey because he’s important to us the audience.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Thu 09 Nov 2017, 12:34 pm

A great compilation of Reylo bridal carries: HERE (Possibly NSFW)

My favorite is still the Erik Maell painting. That bonus carry is hilarious though, tagging @snufkin cause you had asked about TFA porn Laughing
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 09 Nov 2017, 12:57 pm

@Tex - RIP Carrie Fisher, she would've been all over the TFA porn because she's the person who first started making porn jokes about the franchise back during ESB about how the heroine and villain should be getting it on. Hell, even her last year of jokes included one about how Leia dumped Han because "he couldn't get her to hyperspace."

I'm just sorry she's not around to send the Disney corporation into a stroke with hijacking her press appearances into a stand-up routine/truth telling about the entertainment industry with the lid finally blowing off of the Old Boy's Club. Like you know she had stories (and was wise from the get-go) from her mom about the studio system and what it did to women. Or she'd have something to say about Disney's most recent round of sleazy corporate shenanigans in relation to TLJ's release.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 09 Nov 2017, 3:25 pm

@Tex @Snufkin

I love that Carrie continued to be her saucy self, even after technically becoming an employee of Disney. I wonder if they ever asked her to tone down the racy comments at promotional events Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 09 Nov 2017, 3:26 pm

I can't stop watching this:

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings Tumblr_oz5msjHzNX1sadcalo1_540
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 09 Nov 2017, 4:07 pm

@cowgirlsamurai - It's a loss both for the one-liners like telling DR "don't go through the crew like wildfire." or that she has a lifetime to look forward to fanboys telling her in all earnestness that they masturbated to her and thinking it's a compliment. If you've seen Bright Lights, the part where they show her visiting Eddie Fisher because she's his guardian/caretaker thanks to the years of mental illness and drug abuse taking its toll on him as an old man is heart breaking. Not just for seeing the toll the bipolar disorder and years of doing meth/speed had on him, but she confesses to him that the reason why she started trying to make people laugh and be smart as a child was because he'd left and she hoped it'd make her a "good enough" child that he'd want to come back home and be her father. It's the moment her mask slips, like Kylo's, and it's heart breaking that she can identify how it started in herself. Because it's what made the rest of the world admire her.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next