Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

+33
Xylo Ren
ISeeAnIsland
EchoBase
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
MissG
guardienne
jakkusun
YoloKylo
Reylo Lemon
MyOnlyHope
BastilaBey
Moonjump05
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Airemyn
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
CienaRee
Darth Rowan
AnneNeville
MoonlitMoss
Darth Dementor
ReyofLightSide
MeadowofAshes
Kyla Ren
Rimfaxe96
Birdwoman
vaderito
SanghaRen
Force22
RKR Connection
Gemini
37 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD Empty [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by Gemini Fri 01 Apr 2016, 2:05 pm

Us poor Europeans cant get our hands on the film until 17th of April Mad

Whats the overall feel you get from the features on the DVD?

Is there a lot of Reylo hintage?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD Empty Re: [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by RKR Connection Fri 01 Apr 2016, 2:11 pm

Gem I have a question: why do I see HD TFA videos on YouTube while the Blu-Ray's release date is set for April 5th?

Did they change it? I don't understand...
RKR Connection
RKR Connection
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD Empty Re: [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by Gemini Fri 01 Apr 2016, 2:12 pm

Oh I thought it was released today! My bad, please delete this thread
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by RKR Connection Fri 01 Apr 2016, 2:14 pm

Force22 wrote:
Berhan wrote:Gem I have a question: why do I see HD TFA videos on YouTube while the Blu-Ray's release date is set for April 5th? Did they change it? I don't understand...

Isn't the digital download already available?

I think so! You mean, the iTunes version which was released on March 15?

ETA: Don't worry Gem, you can still get answers in four days!

Last edited by Berhan on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
RKR Connection
RKR Connection
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 2:39 pm

I just saw this article on Twitter. Nothing particularly Reylo, though. http://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-new-things-we-learned-from-the-star-wars-the-f-1768336175

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 2:57 pm

Force22 wrote:
Berhan wrote:Gem I have a question: why do I see HD TFA videos on YouTube while the Blu-Ray's release date is set for April 5th? Did they change it? I don't understand...

Yep. I have mine already via Amazon as of midnight last night. Haven't finished the special features yet, there's like two hours of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 01 Apr 2016, 3:09 pm

I just pre-ordered on iTunes. It's now April 15th in the French iTunes. Yesterday it was 18th, I think. Maybe they got complaints. And you know, we French, are out for blood when angry Very Happy

I hope I can switch to English without French subtitles otherwise I'll be out for blood. Was not clear. But I also pre-ordered the blu-Ray that will come later. Honestly, what's wrong with me. Hasn't Disney already gotten enough money from me?

Oops, just remembered I am not the only French in the forum. I am used to be the only French. I always make jokes on French people.

So did I understand correctly that the US iTunes version only is the movie without extras for now?
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Apr 2016, 3:12 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
Force22 wrote:

Yep. I have mine already via Amazon as of midnight last night. Haven't finished the special features yet, there's like two hours of them.

watch them all and tell us what they are like in relation to various ships, Kylo's redemption, etc. I'm getting my blue ray on Tuesday.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Fri 01 Apr 2016, 3:21 pm

I downloaded the movie. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet....mommy duties right now. Darn it! Wink

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Fri 01 Apr 2016, 4:02 pm

Y'all are so lucky. Release in Germany is April 28... Shocked
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Fri 01 Apr 2016, 4:29 pm

SanghaRen wrote:I just pre-ordered on iTunes. It's now April 15th in the French iTunes. Yesterday it was 18th, I think. Maybe they got complaints. And you know, we French, are out for blood when angry Very Happy

I hope I can switch to English without French subtitles otherwise I'll be out for blood. Was not clear. But I also pre-ordered the blu-Ray that will come later. Honestly, what's wrong with me. Hasn't Disney already gotten enough money from me?

Oops, just remembered I am not the only French in the forum. I am used to be the only French. I always make jokes on French people.

So did I understand correctly that the US iTunes version only is the movie without extras for now?

I just downloaded the iTunes version last night and it has the extras.  I haven't watched all of them yet but the "Blueprint of a Battle" is really interesting, as is the documentary "Secrets of The Force Awakens". Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Fri 01 Apr 2016, 4:53 pm

We discussed this on one of the other threads, can't remember which, but one deleted scene is Rey staring off into the distance while Finn is in the medbay. She is not looking at him; her thoughts are elsewhere. The nurse tells her her friend is going to be okay, but it takes her a minute to process this and she continues to look distracted. End scene. In the other thread we thought it was suggestive toward ReyLo because her thoughts were not on Finn and she didn't register the nurse's comfort about her friend, so whom else would she have been thinking of?... We thought perhaps she was wondering if Kylo had made it off Starkiller before it turned into a sun.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Fri 01 Apr 2016, 4:55 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:We discussed this on one of the other threads, can't remember which, but one deleted scene is Rey staring off into the distance while Finn is in the medbay. She is not looking at him; her thoughts are elsewhere. The nurse tells her her friend is going to be okay, but it takes her a minute to process this and she continues to look distracted. End scene. In the other thread we thought it was suggestive toward ReyLo because her thoughts were not on Finn and she didn't register the nurse's comfort about her friend, so whom else would she have been thinking of?... We thought perhaps she was wondering if Kylo had made it off Starkiller before it turned into a sun.

Why wasn't this scene in the novel? Goddammit, they keep adding new mystery boxes to the mix! Shocked
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Fri 01 Apr 2016, 4:58 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:We discussed this on one of the other threads, can't remember which, but one deleted scene is Rey staring off into the distance while Finn is in the medbay. She is not looking at him; her thoughts are elsewhere. The nurse tells her her friend is going to be okay, but it takes her a minute to process this and she continues to look distracted. End scene. In the other thread we thought it was suggestive toward ReyLo because her thoughts were not on Finn and she didn't register the nurse's comfort about her friend, so whom else would she have been thinking of?... We thought perhaps she was wondering if Kylo had made it off Starkiller before it turned into a sun.

I guess it's possible she was thinking of Kylo in that scene, although if she has a Force bond with him, which I think she probably does, then she probably knows that he is okay. Smile  Maybe she was also just kind of trying to process everything that had happened to her in the past day or so.  Her life and path really changed drastically in a very short period of time.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Fri 01 Apr 2016, 5:13 pm

I just purchased the digital download
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Fri 01 Apr 2016, 7:50 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:

I guess it's possible she was thinking of Kylo in that scene, although if she has a Force bond with him, which I think she probably does, then she probably knows that he is okay. Smile  Maybe she was also just kind of trying to process everything that had happened to her in the past day or so.  Her life and path really changed drastically in a very short period of time.

That's what I'm thinking too. She didn't have the face of someone concerned for an injured friend.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Kyla Ren Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:29 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:

That's what I'm thinking too.  She didn't have the face of someone concerned for an injured friend.

She really did seem distracted.  I mean, I do think she was concerned about Finn.  I think she considers him to be a very good friend.  Maybe even like a brother.  But her reaction when the doctor told her he was going to be fine wasn't what I would expect.  She still seemed to be kind of distracted.  I'll have to watch the scene again when I get home, though.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:33 pm

Force22 wrote:
Darth Dementor wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:

That's what I'm thinking too.  She didn't have the face of someone concerned for an injured friend.

Yeah, when we discussed earlier, I thought maybe she was just digesting everything she went through.

Well, who's responsible for 90% of what she went through?

As to the force bond, maybe Kylo was not okay, he could be severely injured, and if she felt it, that would upset her. (even if only for the guild of having killed someone)

Actually, that's a good point.  I do think Kylo was severely injured, and in addition to Rey having seen and inflicted some of those injuries herself, she might have been able to feel or at least sort of sense his pain through the Force bond.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:34 pm

I just watched the Documentary. That one doesn't have the Fight so it isn't Reylo relevant. But relevant stuff:

No one is selling Rey and Finn as a couple. Absolutely no one.

JJ said that the story wasn't about Luke, Leia and Han but Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo Ren. Old generation is just ushering in the new generation.

JJ and KK and everyone said that SW is about family. That's at the end of the documentary. It shows a montage of scenes that illustrate a family - Chewie hugs Leia, Poe and Finn hug, Finn and Rey hug, forehead kiss, Kylo unmasks for Han, Han and Leia hug, ends with Rey's words:"We'll meet again. I believe that" as in "all these characters will meet again".

JJ gravely says about Han Slaying:"It was necessary. TFA isn't just about the Force awakening in a young woman but also the DS awakening in the villain".

Ford said that Han had to make a sacrifice for emotional weight and to help realize great potential that AD's character has. Along those lines.

JJ and AD talked about Kylo being neglected by his parents and Snoke preying on him. JJ calls Kylo "kid" all the time. Tumblr already has quotes.

JJ says about Rey that it's so exciting to have a "brand new character discover Luke" as in "legend Luke".
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:34 pm

I didn't realize the extras were included with the DD. I think I'll have to give in and buy it.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Apr 2016, 8:49 pm

Snow Fight doesn't show much more than what you've seen in gifs. It's 1/2 about set building and 1/2 about training. 6 min altogether. They also don't say much outside of Girl Power Yay (Daisy), AD was scary (John) and it was intense (Adam).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Fri 01 Apr 2016, 9:03 pm

@vaderito How is the table-read and Falcon scene?
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 01 Apr 2016, 9:05 pm

Table read is blah. 3 minutes. Falcon scene is as short as what's circulating on the Internet.

I'm not blown away by these bonus features at all. I was hoping for LOTR-level but this is almost bare bones.

I'm in love with JJ, tho. I love you

BTW, Kylo doesn't yell TRAITOR in that scene where he yells but NOOOO! Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next