Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

+24
shii405
Kessel
bashfulblueeyes3
TheBastardofMandalore
Armadeus
Millicent the Cat
EchoBase
Irina de France
kroi
Darth Rowan
Reylo Lemon
SanghaRen
IoJovi
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
Maria26
Darth_Awakened
Geralt_Riv
panki
spacebaby45678
Helix
ISeeAnIsland
Cowgirlsamurai
vaderito
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story - Page 3 Empty Re: Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

Post by Helix Sat 19 Aug 2017, 2:06 pm

snufkin wrote:@helix - Diego's unabashed love for "Yah-bah" is one of the reasons why he's my favorite out of the new era cast members. They have to bring back Cassian and his grouchy robot if there's an actual Jabba movie.
@snufkin

I hope it's called 'The Texture of Jabba' and K2SO is disapproving of their love. The true epic romance of the new 'Wars.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 19 Aug 2017, 2:17 pm

I vote for 50 Shades of Texture.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 19 Aug 2017, 2:40 pm

Helix wrote:
snufkin wrote:@helix - Diego's unabashed love for "Yah-bah" is one of the reasons why he's my favorite out of the new era cast members. They have to bring back Cassian and his grouchy robot if there's an actual Jabba movie.
@snufkin

I hope it's called 'The Texture of Jabba' and K2SO is disapproving of their love. The true epic romance of the new 'Wars.
@Helix

Helix wrote:
@snufkin

@Helix

And they should get GdT (who said he'd do a Jabba movie) to direct!

@Irina de France - ha! It'd have to be in 3-D for the texture
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Sat 19 Aug 2017, 2:44 pm

snufkin wrote:
Helix wrote:
@snufkin

@Helix

Helix wrote:
@snufkin

@Helix

And they should get GdT (who said he'd do a Jabba movie) to direct!

@Irina de France - ha! It'd have to be in 3-D for the texture
@snufkin

'The Shape of Jabba'.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 19 Aug 2017, 3:53 pm

If LF employees lurk here, for the love of God, please hire @helix to write the treatment!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:37 am

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story - Page 3 Screen26
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 21 Aug 2017, 3:44 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Kenobi: A Star Wars Story - Page 3 Screen26
@ISeeAnIsland

If this leak is true, we're getting a story set during the Clone Wars since Caleb Dum/Kanan Jarrus was a teenager when order 66 happened....after this, Kanan doesn't know whether Kenobi is alive or not.

Also, a little speculation on my part....but could the young french actor be Maxime Godart, who acted in Le Petit Nicholas? He is 17 years old and looks a bit like Caleb in the comics.

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story - Page 3 5-maxime

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 21 Aug 2017, 4:39 am

@panki

Wow, if they go on to show Kanan, they will need to treat carefully. I am like picky as hell when it comes to him and I can only imagine other Kanan-fans to be the same. He needs to have the aquiline nose.

The question is does it make any sense that they do a movie during the Clone Wars? Was it not already featured enough? I think everyone is kind of expecting something after the Clone Wars.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 21 Aug 2017, 5:26 am

SanghaRen wrote:@panki

Wow, if they go on to show Kanan, they will need to treat carefully. I am like picky as hell when it comes to him and I can only imagine other Kanan-fans to be the same. He needs the aquiline nose.

The question is does it make any sense that they do a movie during the Clone Wars? Was it not already featured enough? I think everyone is kind of expecting something after the Clone Wars.
@SanghaRen

I don't want to start quoting the gospel of Pablo, but I remember a time where he said there wasn't much story to tell of Ben Kenobi on Tattoine because from that point on, he was basically a hermit. I know things can change though so who knows. I agree that The Clone Wars had both an entire movie and a tv show so it's definitely been covered!

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 21 Aug 2017, 6:31 am

IoJovi wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:@panki

Wow, if they go on to show Kanan, they will need to treat carefully. I am like picky as hell when it comes to him and I can only imagine other Kanan-fans to be the same. He needs the aquiline nose.

@SanghaRen

I don't want to start quoting the gospel of Pablo, but I remember a time where he said there wasn't much story to tell of Ben Kenobi on Tattoine because from that point on, he was basically a hermit. I know things can change though so who knows. I agree that The Clone Wars had both an entire movie and a tv show so it's definitely been covered!

@IoJovi

I know, I remember the PH tweet and that's why it's kind of surprising for me that they do an OB1 movie. If it is set during Clone Wars, what is the chance you also get Anakin or it's going to be a separate mission (again). Still, people will probably expect at least a cameo.

Any chance the movie is actually about OB1's childhood / teenage years?
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:37 am

There is no way Ewan Mcgregor will not be in a Kenobi stand alone, just no way. So I just don't know how they set it in this timeline. For now I am not buying this leak
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:40 am

@SanghaRen @Iojovi

According to the recent comics, Obi-wan never left Tatooine and spent his time guarding Luke from a distance and helped protecting the Jawa sandcrawlers in the desert in exchange for them helping the Lars family....although I would find his learning to become a force ghost from Qui Gon interesting, the rest would be extremely dull if they only focused on this time period.

I would ideally like a movie that starts with Obi-wan's arrival at the jedi temple as a small child, shows different unseen parts of his life and ends with Old Ben sensing Luke's arrival (when he is attacked by Tuskens in ANH)....this would allow cameos by many of the characters who appeared in the PT like Anakin, Quin Gon, Mace, Aayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon etc. This would be a good chance for them to improve Anakin's image from the prequels. Its also a little selfishness on my part but this would guarantee the appearance of Quinlan Vos as well since they were the same age and childhood buddies.  Cool

I think there are a lot of stories set during the clone wars which they were unable to cover in TCW so a couple of them could be used for the movie (and Ewan McGregor is ageless enough to play the role for even this time period)...I remember Dave Filoni mentioned during SWC this year how this was the last season of Rebels and having the chance to finish the show as he envisioned (or something like that) and there is a lot of art work and unfinished episodes they could use....Also many people who still complain and ask LF to finish the Clone Wars so giving fans a Kenobi movie and completing some missing clone wars story arcs would be killing two birds with one stone.

As for Kanan, I'm also very fond of his character and would be really mad if they messed things up in a live action..I never really noticed that he had aquline features...infact, in the comics, his nose is on the smaller side...but I did notice his turquoise eyes, which I hope they will retain for any live action depiction (damn you Maul!  Evil or Very Mad ).

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story - Page 3 Star-wars-rebels-kanan-the-last-padawan-vol-1-issue-4-featured-image

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:52 am

panki wrote:@SanghaRen @Iojovi

According to the recent comics, Obi-wan never left Tatooine and spent his time guarding Luke from a distance and helped protecting the Jawa sandcrawlers in the desert in exchange for them helping the Lars family....although I would find his learning to become a force ghost from Qui Gon interesting, the rest would be extremely dull if they only focused on this time period.

I would ideally like a movie that starts with Obi-wan's arrival at the jedi temple as a small child, shows different unseen parts of his life and ends with Old Ben sensing Luke's arrival (when he is attacked by Tuskens in ANH)....this would allow cameos by many of the characters who appeared in the PT like Anakin, Quin Gon, Mace, Aayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon etc. This would be a good chance for them to improve Anakin's image from the prequels. Its also a little selfishness on my part but this would guarantee the appearance of Quinlan Vos as well since they were the same age and childhood buddies.  Cool

I think there are a lot of stories set during the clone wars which they were unable to cover in TCW so a couple of them could be used for the movie...I remember Dave Filoni mentioned during SWC this year how this was the last season of Rebels and having the chance to finish the show as he envisioned (or something like that) and there is a lot of art work and unfinished episodes they could use....Also many people who still complain and ask LF to finish the Clone Wars so giving fans a Kenobi movie and completing some missing clone wars story arcs would be killing two birds with one stone.

@panki

Yeah, the bolded part would be my ideal story too, though I don't know Quinlan Vos - I only know you like him Smile In any case, I'd love to see how OB1 went through the Jedi teaching. And they could then have a time jump to the Clone Wars period and then maybe to close the loop, as you mention, to him sensing Luke's arrival.

EDIT

Yeah, the blue eyes and the aquiline nose are Kanan's trademark. Also his eyebrows have a peculiar shape. But probably the aquiline nose starts being more pronounced during teenagehood so they could go with a less aquiline nose if he's shown as a child in a movie.

Look at this beautiful nose Very Happy And he's tall and lean. Oh my, I have a crush on an animated character...  Embarassed

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story - Page 3 Kanan_10
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:05 am

SanghaRen wrote:
panki wrote:@SanghaRen @Iojovi

I think there are a lot of stories set during the clone wars which they were unable to cover in TCW so a couple of them could be used for the movie...I remember Dave Filoni mentioned during SWC this year how this was the last season of Rebels and having the chance to finish the show as he envisioned (or something like that) and there is a lot of art work and unfinished episodes they could use....Also many people who still complain and ask LF to finish the Clone Wars so giving fans a Kenobi movie and completing some missing clone wars story arcs would be killing two birds with one stone.

@panki

Yeah, the bolded part would be my ideal story too, though I don't know Quinlan Vos - I only know you like him Smile In any case, I'd love to see how OB1 went through the Jedi teaching. And they could then have a time jump to the Clone Wars period and then maybe to close the loop, as you mention, to him sensing Luke's arrival.
@SanghaRen

Yeah...Obi-wan learning to be a jedi makes sense, including the time jump to TCW. Then they don't have to focus on Obi-wan's time in the desert beyond a point, though I think including it is very essential as well. Most newer fans don't know Quinlan Vos but he has a huge fan following among the older fans (not just me, lol)....infact, there was a lot of excitement when there was a rumor that he might appear in the Han Solo movie during SWC. And he was seen briefly in TPM when Qui Gon and Obi found Anakin, and Obi-wan mentions him in ROTS as well so they could easily incorporate him in the movies, especially in the scenes of Obi-wan's childhood (the other jedi masters and council members in the prequels would be too old or too young to be fellow younglings/padawans).

Edit- I completely agree! Kanan is really good looking with the dreamy eyes, sharp features and tall athletic frame.....now I really hope they make a live action version of him... Twisted Evil

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:18 pm

This is so brilliant, I love this idea!

https://twitter.com/claudiagray/status/900414351613493259
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Millicent the Cat Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:23 pm

EchoBase wrote:This is so brilliant, I love this idea!

@EchoBase

OMG

Even better, have her write the script!
Millicent the Cat
Millicent the Cat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:49 pm

Millicent the Cat wrote:
EchoBase wrote:This is so brilliant, I love this idea!

@EchoBase

OMG

Even better, have her write the script!
@Millicent the Cat

Brilliant! I cosign having Claudia writing the script, that is like literally the most ORIGINAL but relevant idea I have heard about the Obi stand alone. Mind officially blown

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 24 Aug 2017, 10:38 am

Tatooine-based movie? Wouldn't be a surprise. Supposedly working title, Joshua Tree, may be hinting at that.

Don't know who Omega Underground are (the source for this rumor) but I see that some reputable geek sites are carrying this story:

http://omegaunderground.com/2017/08/23/production-title-obi-wan-star-wars-story-revealed-hints-tatooine/

http://screenrant.com/obi-wan-movie-working-title-tatooine/

Today, we at Omega Underground have uncovered the production title for the upcoming Star Wars anthology film featured around Obi-Wan Kenobi. According to a recent listing for Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story the working title is Joshua Tree. Other recent working titles for Star Wars productions include Space Bears for The Last Jedi and Red Cup for Han Solo (we confirmed back in December).

Joshua Tree (aka desert yucca palm tree) could be hinting to Joshua Tree Nation Park in Southern California (along with other parks) as a possible shooting location for the new anthology film. The original Star Wars shot some Tatooine scenes at Death Valley National Park and surrounding locations. The location tease supports fan speculation that the Kenobi film will indeed take place on Tatooine.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 24 Aug 2017, 1:28 pm

vaderito wrote:Tatooine-based movie? Wouldn't be a surprise. Supposedly working title, Joshua Tree, may be hinting at that.

Don't know who Omega Underground are (the source for this rumor) but I see that some reputable geek sites are carrying this story:

http://omegaunderground.com/2017/08/23/production-title-obi-wan-star-wars-story-revealed-hints-tatooine/

http://screenrant.com/obi-wan-movie-working-title-tatooine/

Today, we at Omega Underground have uncovered the production title for the upcoming Star Wars anthology film featured around Obi-Wan Kenobi. According to a recent listing for Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story the working title is Joshua Tree. Other recent working titles for Star Wars productions include Space Bears for The Last Jedi and Red Cup for Han Solo (we confirmed back in December).

Joshua Tree (aka desert yucca palm tree) could be hinting to Joshua Tree Nation Park in Southern California (along with other parks) as a possible shooting location for the new anthology film. The original Star Wars shot some Tatooine scenes at Death Valley National Park and surrounding locations. The location tease supports fan speculation that the Kenobi film will indeed take place on Tatooine.
@vaderito

Tatooine era would strongly suggest that they do intend to bring Ewan back!!! cheers cheers cheers
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:14 pm

Sooo, if the movie takes place on Tatooine, do we think they would cast someone as boy Luke? It's the only stage in Luke's life not yet depicted in the films. I can't imagine it'd be a large role, but Obi Wan should be checking in on him regularly, or watching from afar. What do you think?
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:20 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Sooo, if the movie takes place on Tatooine, do we think they would cast someone as boy Luke? It's the only stage in Luke's life not yet depicted in the films. I can't imagine it'd be a large role, but Obi Wan should be checking in on him regularly, or watching from afar. What do you think?
@Cowgirlsamurai

My guess would be that we will see Luke from afar at various ages depending on the timeframe of the movie. I'm imagining it being a marker in the story of how many years have passed as we see Obi-Wan checking on baby/toddler/kid/young teen Luke from a distance. I think they did something like that in the comics. I don't see the two of them interacting, though as that would contradict established canon.

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:22 pm

I think there could be a strong spiritual element in the Obi-wan movie, so they can rely on visions of the past and spiritual planes since Obi cannot leave Tatooine without contradicting canon....

1. There could be an exploration of force lore, and Obi-wan interacting with Qui Gon; or

2. The old visual dictionary from TPM mentions a place called Mushroom Mesa, where Anakin had raced, with stones resembling human heads. Obi-wan might meditate there and learn about an older race of beings, or some ancient war. This could tie nicely with Snoke's origin or it could be a segue into a TV show on the Old Republic.

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story - Page 3 Latest?cb=20080323172123&path-prefix=nl

I also think the bulk of Obi-wan's interactions could be with Owen and Beru Lars since Joel Edgerton recently expressed an interest in reprising his role as Owen Lars. We might see child Luke/Wormie in the distance racing or playing with Biggs and his other friends. Another person they could bring back is Anakin's old friend Kitster for a cameo role (he had a good story arc in the EU).

Here is another extreme idea...... in case they want to take the route that Mace Windu survived, they could bring him in as an invalid Charles Xavier kind of character who Obi-wan cares for like Logan did....and Mace might finally sacrifice himself in case inquisitors come looking for a rumored jedi on Tatooine, allowing Obi-wan to continue his mission.

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story - Page 3 LOGAN-CHARLES-CHAIR

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:39 pm

@Panki

In ROTS, doesn't Yoda tell Obi Wan he's discovered a way to contact Qui Gon and that he has training for Obi on Tatooine? Where was GL planning on going with that? It was just thrown out there at the end. NOW it could come in to play. I hope they get Liam to play Qui Gon, should he have a part.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:00 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Panki

In ROTS, doesn't Yoda tell Obi Wan he's discovered a way to contact Qui Gon and that he has training for Obi on Tatooine? Where was GL planning on going with that? It was just thrown out there at the end. NOW it could come in to play. I hope they get Liam to play Qui Gon, should he have a part.
@Cowgirlsamurai

They also touched upon it a little in TCW (I guess GL wanted to elaborate what he war trying to convey in ROTS)....Qui Gon didn't complete his training to become a force ghost, so he is a disembodied voice except in force strong places where he can appear (Mortis, for example)

Liam Neeson mentioned in an interview last year that he wanted to return to the SW franchise....so he could appear in the Obi-wan movie in flashbacks or in visions....at the very least he'll do voice recordings for the role.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story - Page 3 Empty Kenobi: A Star Wars Story

Post by Armadeus Sat 09 Dec 2017, 11:22 pm

The galaxy's sassiest Jedi is on his way

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story - Page 3 Tumblr_p0pzebX9lP1qgvqxoo1_1280
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost