Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Moonjump05
Man Without A Star
Chris24601
adamdrivershair
Reylo Lemon
Blood Moon
kroi
Nyx
SW_Heroine_Journey
Piper Maru
SheLitAFire
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
YeeRees
Mielikki
MindAndMagic
Darth Rowan
Casey Kanata
unicorn
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
MeadowofAshes
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
tukicarreno
Mila95
Riri
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
cherrylipstick
whisperingwillow
californiagirl
nickandnora
Moonlight13
BenRey
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
AhsokaTano
Dar-ren19
Darth Dementor
Xylo Ren
Tex
rawpowah
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Teo oswald
bashfulblueeyes3
special_cases
Saracene
EchoBase
ZioRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Irina de France
rey09
reylo1992
Birdwoman
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
RosiePancake
panki
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
Starliteprism
DeeBee
75 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Starliteprism Sun 24 Dec 2017, 4:45 am

DeeBee wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
In The Last Jedi, the compass was scene twice, once with Luke when he was folding his clothes/robe and the other on Kylo Ren/Ben Solo's table at the jedi camp.
The Compass was used by Luke to find Ahch-to.

Whoa! Great eyes Starliteprism! I didn’t see it on Ben’s table.. that was a moment where I thought – gotta wait for the dvds to search that table at the jedi camp.

SoloSideCousin wrote: I think "hyperspace vectors" will end up referring to the special paths needed to get to the Unknown Regions. Over a year ago Pablo said that Ben and Luke were "working on something" when they were off together. He also said around the same time "that there is a lot more story to be told." We got how the Ben and Luke relationship broke down in TLJ. We have not gotten what they were doing. Also keep in mind that Snoke had those alien "attendants" who guide people to the UR. Now Kylo/Ben has access to those guys and to whatever information Snoke had because he is SL now and a studious bookish type to boot. Rey has the ancient Jedi books and access to Luke's stuff if she wants it. Wanna bet that Rey and Kylo/Ben follow the same line of inquiry and meet up on the same search.  

Love this! Yes I got sucked into reading about those really tall skinny purple beings in Snoke’s throne room yesterday. Is anyone able to share those pages?  They looked really interesting! their connection with navigation seems non-random....

Yeah being renperor he has all kinds of access to force relics/artifacts the FO has acquired. Renperor could be instrumental in bringing balance after all..
I for one would love to see Rey and Ben teaming up to combine resources and knowledge and solve how to bring balance (I tend to lean toward it not just being intrinsic to the two of them existing).
The force is something they both value and are fascinated by – a shared passion  [compared with ohhh Poe and Rey are both pilots they are definitely going for Damerey? Pah! The force is an entirely different level of connection!]

@birdwoman – go your son !!! have you shared info on the Kazerath device with him?!

One final thought - the star compass may have led Luke to Ach-to. I don't think this has been confirmed.. but I also think this doesn't exclude the compass leading to other places of significance to the force either.
Looking at that 'ancient mechanism' it seems adjustable to me...
I wish I could see clearly the script that seems to be around the outside of the dial there - it's not the same as the script on Snoke's ring is it? I can't see it clearly enough..

It could be that the Kazareth device needs to be operated in a specific location int eh universe by both the dark and the light.. the compass could lead to this location.
Whatever, if any of this comes to pass I will love it Wink
If none of it comes to pass? I'll have enjoyed exploring ideas anyway. win win.
@DeeBee Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Ben_so10

This image has been floating around on the internet.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Starliteprism Sun 24 Dec 2017, 4:56 am

DeeBee wrote:@Starliteprism
@PalmettoBlue
@IoJovi
@ISeeAnIsland

I’m so glad there are others interested in this stuff too!
@DeeBee

All in the details! :-p
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 24 Dec 2017, 5:20 am

DeeBee wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
In The Last Jedi, the compass was scene twice, once with Luke when he was folding his clothes/robe and the other on Kylo Ren/Ben Solo's table at the jedi camp.
The Compass was used by Luke to find Ahch-to.

Whoa! Great eyes Starliteprism! I didn’t see it on Ben’s table.. that was a moment where I thought – gotta wait for the dvds to search that table at the jedi camp.

SoloSideCousin wrote: I think "hyperspace vectors" will end up referring to the special paths needed to get to the Unknown Regions. Over a year ago Pablo said that Ben and Luke were "working on something" when they were off together. He also said around the same time "that there is a lot more story to be told." We got how the Ben and Luke relationship broke down in TLJ. We have not gotten what they were doing. Also keep in mind that Snoke had those alien "attendants" who guide people to the UR. Now Kylo/Ben has access to those guys and to whatever information Snoke had because he is SL now and a studious bookish type to boot. Rey has the ancient Jedi books and access to Luke's stuff if she wants it. Wanna bet that Rey and Kylo/Ben follow the same line of inquiry and meet up on the same search.  

Love this! Yes I got sucked into reading about those really tall skinny purple beings in Snoke’s throne room yesterday. Is anyone able to share those pages?  They looked really interesting! their connection with navigation seems non-random....

Yeah being renperor he has all kinds of access to force relics/artifacts the FO has acquired. Renperor could be instrumental in bringing balance after all..
I for one would love to see Rey and Ben teaming up to combine resources and knowledge and solve how to bring balance (I tend to lean toward it not just being intrinsic to the two of them existing).
The force is something they both value and are fascinated by – a shared passion  [compared with ohhh Poe and Rey are both pilots they are definitely going for Damerey? Pah! The force is an entirely different level of connection!]

@birdwoman – go your son !!! have you shared info on the Kazerath device with him?!

One final thought - the star compass may have led Luke to Ach-to. I don't think this has been confirmed.. but I also think this doesn't exclude the compass leading to other places of significance to the force either.
Looking at that 'ancient mechanism' it seems adjustable to me...
I wish I could see clearly the script that seems to be around the outside of the dial there - it's not the same as the script on Snoke's ring is it? I can't see it clearly enough..

It could be that the Kazareth device needs to be operated in a specific location int eh universe by both the dark and the light.. the compass could lead to this location.
Whatever, if any of this comes to pass I will love it Wink
If none of it comes to pass? I'll have enjoyed exploring ideas anyway. win win.
@DeeBee

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Img_2010

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Img_2012
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 24 Dec 2017, 8:02 am

Interesting description of Kylo and Rey:
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Tumbl108
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Tumbl109
https://just-another-star-wars-account.tumblr.com/post/168829801101/cagalli20-cagalli20-ben-solo-information

Kylo Ren  aka as Ben Solo canonically described as "the focal point between Light & Dark"

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Xwouu810
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 24 Dec 2017, 8:10 am

reylo1992 wrote:Interesting description of Kylo and Rey:
https://just-another-star-wars-account.tumblr.com/post/168829801101/cagalli20-cagalli20-ben-solo-information

Kylo Ren  aka as Ben Solo canonically described as "the focal point between Light & Dark"

@reylo1992

focal point in British
noun
1. Also called: principal focus, focus
the point on the axis of a lens or mirror to which parallel rays of light converge or from which they appear to diverge after refraction or reflection

2. a central point of attention or interest

Collins English Dictionary. Copyright ©️ HarperCollins Publishers
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sun 24 Dec 2017, 8:13 am

Starliteprism wrote:

@reylo1992

focal point in British
noun
the point on the axis of a lens or mirror to which parallel rays of light converge or from which they appear to diverge after refraction or reflection

@Starliteprism

Thanks for the precision since I am no native English speaker. Which one do you think makes the most sense? The first one? The second one? Both? Another meaning?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 24 Dec 2017, 8:42 am

reylo1992 wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:

@reylo1992

focal point in British
noun

@Starliteprism

Thanks for the precision since I am no native English speaker. Which one do you think makes the most sense? The first one? The second one? Both? Another meaning?
@reylo1992

I think it might have been Snoke that labeled him as both light and dark, so ideal.
I found someone's tumblr page I am looking at now, which might give a bit more insight, or not.

http://solowalkerinthesky.tumblr.com/post/147961250591/kylo-ren-rey-the-dark-side-the-light-within
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by DeeBee Tue 26 Dec 2017, 8:20 pm

Hi All, I'll get back here when I have time... but just wanted to share that I found the Poe Dameron Comic #23 is now on youtube and can be read here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfoYwQYn1mA
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 28 Jan 2018, 12:59 pm

Seeing that we don't have an official Spoilers/Rumors thread for Episode IX yet, I thought I'd start one.

Lupita Nyongo is unsure if she'll be back for Episode IX

She's had to deal with the microscopic attention paid to anyone connected with Star Wars, which came her way when she was called out of the blue by J.J. Abrams while on a Moroccan vacation in May 2014. The director wanted to know whether she'd voice the character of Maz Kanata in The Force Awakens (and later The Last Jedi). The next day, she recalls, "an assistant was flown to my hotel, with a script in a locked contraption. It looked like something out of Star Wars. And he made me sign something and gave me instructions. I had a certain number of hours to read the script, and the assistant was just waiting, waiting in Morocco for me to finish reading so that he could put it in that locked thing and take it back." She may reprise her role as Maz in Star Wars: Episode IX. "I don't know yet," she says. "I'll know soon."
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 10 Feb 2018, 10:22 pm

Phew I finally got back to this thread!
@”ISeeAnIsland” – I agree, some kind of ancient force quest could be fantastic.. but as you say, it’s also good to not get our hopes up!  Help

@”Starliteprism”
Thanks for sharing the picture of Ben’s bedside table! So interesting!  LOL yes the fun can be all in the details I feel the same way!
Thanks for sharing the pages of the visual dictionary. I ended up relenting and buying it – it’s so great. I love the looks of those navigators! I hope we see them again!
Thanks also for sharing the art- wow. They look so cool!!!  Thumbs up
In both the art and the visual dictionary – we can’t see their hands – makes me curious about what exactly they have in those sleeves!!

@”reylo1992” -thanks for sharing those interesting descriptions.  Thumbs up

Yeah @”Starliteprism” the ‘focal point between light and dark’ for Kylo Ren (Ben Solo) is also mentioned something like this in the visual dictionary for TFA.
It says “ The Supreme Leader believes Ren to be the ideal embodiment of the Force, a focal point of both light and dark side ability.”
Ideal embodiment.. interesting!  Confus

@”RosiePancake”
I don’t know Game of thrones but sounds good to me!  K/Queen
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 11 Feb 2018, 7:18 am

@reylo1992
I think based on TLJ, while Rey is very much light sider (who apparently is able to control her dark side), Kylo is still someone wavering between the two unstably, he is too much in the darkness. I think Rey is supposed to balanced within herself but Kylo isn't and only when he is can there be balance with the force in general?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 12 Feb 2018, 3:49 pm

The "SW Canon Material... and possible spoilers for IX [Black Diamond]" and "Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors" have been merged together due to similar topic.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:43 pm

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:46 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Star Wars: Episode 9’ Hires ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Art Director

It's gonna be so beautiful! Very Happy I love you
@Cowgirlsamurai

Yes! I'm excited by this. I really hope IX is very and uniquely stylized. TLJ already had a much different visual feel than TFA and I hope IX will stand out on its own in that way too even if it's J.J. directing again.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:48 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Star Wars: Episode 9’ Hires ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Art Director

@Cowgirlsamurai

That's good news indeed Smile.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:56 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai

Oooooooooh! Excellent news. If only they could get Roger Deakins to do the cinematography.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 13 Feb 2018, 2:57 pm

Wow amazing news! cheers
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Tue 13 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

I do think JJ has taken the criticism of TFA to heart and we will be seeing something new. He has already said that he wants to take Star Wars to places it hasn't been before.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 13 Feb 2018, 4:01 pm

Star Wars: Episode 9’ Hires ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Art Director

JJ will combine all the trilogies in one film , there will be a standing ovation in 2019
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 13 Feb 2018, 4:13 pm

Huh that's interesting. Because the aesthetic for Blade Runner and Children of Men is very much dystopian and the ruins of a failed/dying society, along with Logan's Run. Not that we'll see a dystopia b/c KK's been pretty clear in saying she doesn't care for that trend in recent genre filmmaking (meaning this isn't meant to be something like The Hunger Games). But that's a pretty clear aesthetic in terms of choices for settings and costumes. Wonder who will be the same cinematographer as TFA, Dan Mindel? If it's JJ's team, then we know that it'll be the same team of editors of Maryann Brandon and Mary Jo Markey.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 13 Feb 2018, 5:32 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai

I've been meaning to watch Blade Runner 2049. Will try to view that this month. :-D
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 13 Feb 2018, 5:37 pm

Starliteprism wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

I've been meaning to watch Blade Runner 2049. Will try to view that this month. :-D

@snufkin Maybe this approach is going to be other worldly, different dimension, if JJ is taking us to different places.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 13 Feb 2018, 5:58 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai

Oh, wow! JJ aiming high here. Paul Inglis' credits include: S1 of Game of Thrones, Skyfall, Prometheus, Children of Men, Mission Impossible and Blade Runner 2049. If nothing else, this film is going to look stunning. The website that revealed this news, Omega Underground, also revealed the working title (Black Diamond) and IX beginning production this summer - which JJ confirmed in his video message at the D23 Japan Expo a couple of days back, so that's something to keep in mind when it comes to reliability. That Logan's Run rumour is looking pretty interesting too. They are adamant that Scotland will be a shooting location for IX (and not Rian's trilogy, like rumours suggested). Anyway, bring on Roger Deakins for IX imo. It would be amazing!

https://omegaunderground.com/2018/02/12/episode-ix-lands-blade-runner-2049-got-art-director-paul-inglis/
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 13 Feb 2018, 6:13 pm

@Starliteprism Maybe. Though that'd hardly be ground breaking for the franchise b/c one of GL's responses to complaints about the PT not being like the OT was that he wanted to continue expanding the actual geography and types of physical environments with every new iteration. Though Star Wars does like its desert planets and mystical forest worlds.  It's just if you've seen Children of Men (which is a masterpiece of editing and cinematography), that's in the key of dystopia the same way Blade Runner 2049 and Logan's Run are. And pure conjecture on my part, but perhaps you'll see something for the Resistance like the Human Project in Children of Men or Sanctuary in Logan's Run as a word of mouth opposition force which operates in the shadows. And both are about a Utopia which exists outside of the boundaries of the current oppressive system

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Human-project

And the whole battle in Logan's Run is the Runners (who believe in Santuary) versus the Sandmen

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Logansrunankhsanctuary

Also in those films (I haven't seen Blade Runner 2049 yet), there's a schism between the haves and have nots in the society of who's privileged

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 344
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Children-of-men-explained-david
(Theo's cousin is in a position of power in the system and appoints himself as a 'guardian' of fine art, which becomes his own collection)

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 2 Shot0134
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next