Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The long overdue Lando thread

4 posters

Go down

The long overdue Lando thread Empty The long overdue Lando thread

Post by snufkin Thu 08 Feb 2018, 3:04 pm

Just about the character, because both Donald Glover and Billy Dee Williams deserve their own threads. But give it up for the smartest, most sylish man in the galaxy who's about to return to a theater near you (also besides LF being dummies not looking at Donald Glover or Phoebe Waller-Bridge as writer-directors, how about Jordan Peele? Who plays a radar technician long before Kylo Ren ever drew breath)

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The long overdue Lando thread Empty Re: The long overdue Lando thread

Post by Lily Snape Sat 10 Feb 2018, 1:11 am

[quote="snufkin"]Just about the character, because both Donald Glover and Billy Dee Williams deserve their own threads. But give it up for the smartest, most sylish man in the galaxy who's about to return to a theater near you (also besides LF being dummies not looking at Donald Glover or Phoebe Waller-Bridge as writer-directors, how about Jordan Peele? Who plays a radar technician long before Kylo Ren ever drew breath)

@snufkin

Clearly I’ve been watching “Friends,” because this is my second post in a row using it as a point of comparison, but there’s a scene in which Joey demonstrates the amazing power of his totally sexist pickup maneuver (looking a woman up and down and saying “How YOU doin?’”) by testing it out on Phoebe.  And despite believing she’d be immune to it, she kind of blushes and giggles.  I think one of his charms is that Lando is the original “How YOU doin’?” guy.  The difference is that Leia is running a rebellion and has no time for that.  Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:54 pm

@Lily Snape Carrie Fisher did say that BDW was whispering dirty sweet nothings in her ear in between takes to crack her up! The funny thing is that the "Women always figure out the truth" line in TFA is a reference to how Leia has Lando's # right away but Han doesn't listen to her until it's too late.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:52 am

snufkin wrote:@Lily Snape Carrie Fisher did say that BDW was whispering dirty sweet nothings in her ear in between takes to crack her up! The funny thing is that the "Women always figure out the truth" line in TFA is a reference to how Leia has Lando's # right away but Han doesn't listen to her until it's too late.
@snufkin

Those are the most awesome factoids I’ve heard in a while—thank you!!! Smile I had no idea that line of Han’s was about Lando. And I can totally picture BDW doing that.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:23 pm

@Lily Snape Both written by Kasdan so it's absolutely meant to reference that. And then, in turn, it's spoken right before the scene where Rey and Ben first come face to face and she immediately has his #.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 06 May 2018, 7:10 am

Lando’s Summit  

“Where the hell are all the black people in space?”

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 02 Aug 2018, 12:38 pm

Bumping it up since we have confirmed Lando in IX, let the speculation again. Any guesses on what he'll be doing? I always figured he had noped out of the stress of perpetual war and was off enjoying retirement on Bespin after turning it into a community for active seniors. But we know from the Wendig and Older novels that Unca Wanwo was likely the only family friend/adult mentor Ben Solo had who wasn't motivated by taking advantage of his powers as much as recognizing the challenges any offspring of a pirate and princess would face in life. Thanks to Solo we now know that probably part of the reason why Lando is probably the most successful character in the entire franchise when it comes to adulting is that he's one of the few characters who actually got raised by his mother.  Will Unca Wanwo be mentoring the Beautiful Friendship Gang (the odds of that happening are probably 3,720 to 1)? Reuniting with the Falcon at the end of his life and getting verklempt over L3? Meeting Rey (via the Falcon and Chewie and repeating his "Hello? What have we here?" moment of being a smoothie)? Let the speculation and cape anticipation begin!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 13 Aug 2023, 12:41 pm

Um...please forgive me, but I wrote a fanfic where Virgin Ben and Virgin Rey 'do it'....she asks him why he's so good and he tells her he had 'tips' from Uncle Lando when he was a teen! Embarassed

More serious...the guy who was going to write the Lando series has been fired and replaced with among others, Donald Glover's brother Stephen. Wonder what went down there?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down