Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord)

+6
Darth Dementor
Starliteprism
adamdrivershair
LadyGaufrette
DeeBee
Darth_Awakened
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) Empty Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord)

Post by Darth Dementor Tue 06 Mar 2018, 12:53 am

Since this is a Star Wars themed establishment it's about time for the franchises most popular character to have his own thread.  Post any Anakin and Vader love here.

To start here is an excellent video about how powerful and skilled Anakin Skywalker really was.

And here are two more specifically about his abilities after he turned to the dark side. Showing how he had to overcome his physical limitations to reach his full powers, when he became Darth Vader.

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) Empty Re: Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord)

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 06 Mar 2018, 1:35 am

“I am altering the deal, pray I do not alter it any further…”

Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) Vader-main
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) Empty Re: Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord)

Post by DeeBee Sat 10 Mar 2018, 11:25 pm

Hi @Darth Dementor and @Darth_Awakened
This is a great idea for a thread!
I've recently discovered the darth vader comics... Just focusing on the canon content at the moment.. it's a bit confusing how many series there are, the chronology etc. and I'm very new to all this. Have you both read all of them?

I wanted to share that I've really enjoyed the 'Star Wars:Darth Vader' Comics.. I've found free voice dubbed versions on youtube that are fun to watch - and a great way to enjoy the content without having to spend $$! This youtube channel does such a great job! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt_HbmqOrM6fQMQBr4oVDA

It never fails to amaze me how Vader tortures people, they spill the beans. Then he kills them anyway. There is no benefit to telling him anything - Everyone just dies. At least Doctor Aphra worked that one out!

Anyway, I'm discovering lots of interesting content.. There was one moment that quite literally took my breath away!
The moment in Darth Vader #6 Darth Vader hears back from Boba Fett, who has been given the task of hunting down the pilot who blew up the death star - and who I think by this point Vader actually fought in a comic I haven't read yet (is this right? but Luke got away?)
Anyway, Luke has so far managed to evade Vader and anyone he sent..
Fett reports that again the pilot has gotten away, but he did find out a name: ...... Skywalker!!!
This is the moment where Darth Vader realises he has a son. Wow...
The emotions rolling off Vader are so intense they crack the glass in front of him as he looks out over the empire's fleet..
Even more wow is his reaction - that all this will be mine. Wow!!!  
I think it ties in with Kylo/Ben and the ruling the galaxy thing that we are left with at the end of the TLJ. Wow.
Here I'll share a few frames for anyone interested:
Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) 110

Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) 512

Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) 613

Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) 712

Lastly, I can't remember which number it was - but interesting to see the force using twins in competition with Vader - about the same time Padme's mortitian came into the picture - lots of foreshadowing and suspense going on when all the questioning is about only one child! [don't want to spoil too much!]

In time, I'll try and get through the other vader comics and get my head around the order etc. lol!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 11 Mar 2018, 12:36 am

@DeeBee that is a great comic series. I read the first couple issues and loved it! It really fills in the gap between ROTS and ANH. If Lucas Films decided to make a DV movie this would be a superb template.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Tue 13 Mar 2018, 11:54 pm

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 22 Mar 2018, 4:37 am

Hiya! I came across an awesome interview with george lucas in rolling stone and thought I would share it here..

source: https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/george-lucas-and-the-cult-of-darth-vader-20050602

Here's a few quotes to give you a taste.. with the ST in mind - I found this fascinating! References to ruling the galaxy and killing your parents? This gave me chills!!!

Edwards (2005) Rolling Stone article: 'George Lucas and the Cult of Darth Vader' wrote:
Q-Even as you were building up this iconic villain, you knew the tragedy behind it.
A- He's so overwhelming in that first film, but you get to the point where you say, "Wait a minute, if he's so powerful, why doesn't he run the universe?" He even gets pushed around by the governors! They know the Emperor is the final word, so what happens is the same thing that happens in any corporation: Everybody worries about the top man, they don't worry about his goon. And by the time the Death Star is finished, it gives them the sense that they have a bigger, better suit than Darth Vader. In a standoff between the Death Star and Darth Vader, they have no question about who would win, and it's not this mumbo-jumbo Sith guy. So it's even more tragic, because he's not even an all-powerful bad guy, he's kind of a flunky.

Q-Rewatching the Star Wars films recently, I found it interesting how the new films reframed the old ones: They now seem primarily concerned with the tragedy of Darth Vader, rather than the triumph of the Rebels.
A-Yeah, I made a series of movies that was about one thing: Darth Vader. Originally, people thought it was all about Luke. The early films are about Luke redeeming his father, so Luke's the focus. But it's also about Princess Leia and her struggle to reestablish the Republic, which is what her mother was doing. So it's really about mothers and daughters and fathers and sons.

So now, instead of all these surprises that aren't actually surprises, when you get back to Episode IV, as soon as Darth Vader walks through that door, and you see Princess Leia with R2, you're going to say, "Oh, my God, that's his daughter. Are they gonna find out?" And you get through the whole first movie and nobody figures anything out. The figuring-out part is mostly done off-screen. The first three episodes are a tragedy, and the second three go slightly goofy, but they're inspirational: Even the worst, most evil people find compassion. Darth Vader has compassion for his children, and that's ultimately what children are for.

Q-Often, in classical tragedies, there's a final moment when the scales fall from the hero's eyes.
A-Well, in real Greek tragedies, the kids are usually the problem. They're the ones that are killing the parents, but this is more uplifting: It's up to one generation to fix the sins of the last generation.

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Mon 27 Aug 2018, 6:32 pm

I found this video which is a great depiction of Anakin's life (made me cry a little).

This YT channel also did other characters, I'm trying to find the good places to post them.

There is also this children book “Are You Scared, Darth Vader?” By Adam Rex, which with a few pictures really show how Vader is suffering.
Pictures underneath:

http://little-lackadaisical.tumblr.com/post/176006583331
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Mon 27 Aug 2018, 9:42 pm

My favorite Darth-related thing was what was essentially a fan fiction in blog form, written as if it were Vader's journal. It was posted on Blogspot in 2005 in the lead-up to RoTS and went viral. It's sooo good.

This page has links to both the original site and a PDF: http://cheeseburgerbrown.com/Darth_Vader/

The ending of the final entry is as such (he was visited by the ghost of Qui-gon shortly beforehand):

Qui-gon was right. My mother was, too. The Force has shaped this life of mine, from birth to this holy now. Every turn in the path has been an instruction in a series of lessons designed to make me the monster I am, to breed my unwilling heart for whatever lies ahead tomorrow.

Qui-gon said I would have a choice. I cannot fathom it but I have faith.

If he's right, I need not die a slave.

The sun is rising. Morning birds are singing. The mist is burning off the trees. I have already delayed too long. I must join my son on the Death Star, and bring him before my master. Come what may.

And so, dear reader, I must bid you adieu. You have been along with me for much, but you cannot join me on this final journey.

I go now to meet my destiny.

ETA: @LadyGaufrette I love his videos!
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 28 Aug 2018, 8:15 am

@adamdrivershair
I glanced at it and I like the concept. I'll try to find time to read it when I can.

Glad you liked the videos, my favorite is 'The Greatest Teacher Failure is' and I hope he makes one on Leia after IX. Very Happy
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Tue 28 Aug 2018, 5:45 pm

@LadyGaufrette Wow, his videos make me cry enough as it is; a Leia one would have me sobbing probably!
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 14 Nov 2018, 11:40 am

Latest Vader comics. VADER OPENS TIME PORTAL and SOMEONE STEPS THROUGH!

Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 14 Nov 2018, 12:57 pm

@Starliteprism
Omg I saw this all over Reddit ( gonna post the links below ). Did suspect this from the way the Vader series has been leading up to this last few issues . I seriously think now they may do something with this in episode Ix because it’s coming up again and again ( Rebels , Vader comics , aftermath books)and we know from aftermath novels that Jakku has one of these portals .
Darth Vader issue 23 JUST WOW
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/9x2t3f/darth_vader_issue_23_just_wow/?st=JOHIUC2Y&sh=a01ed461

A World Between Worlds "door"or some power akin to it was featured in today's issue of Darth Vader #23 on Mustafar [SPOILERS]
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsrebels/comments/9x2cg2/a_world_between_worlds_dooror_some_power_akin_to/?st=JOHIV7AK&sh=f0b23938

What Vader #23 means for Star Wars...
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarscomics/comments/9x271o/what_vader_23_means_for_star_wars/?st=JOHIVJSK&sh=4dea6774

Just adding a postscript to this because something that’s just occurred to me now - what if Han’s Dice , vader’s Helmet are the key to someone(Ben or Rey or both ) possibly connecting with Vader or Han through one of the portals ? It seems in this Vader comic ( I need to read it myself to be sure ) that somehow Lord Momin is able to connect with his past self(and become one with his past self ) via the helmet . What if it’s the same with Han’ s Dice and Vader ‘s helmet . What’s the saying “you are what you carry with you “. Just a thought . Weird I know but no more weird than what’s unravelling before us and we know in Star Wars like in Lord of the rings - objects seem to carry some of the essence of their owners ( we saw this in the Lando comics too). What if it’s not just dark side objects that have potential for this but all objects . We saw this hinted too in The Force Awakens with the legacy lightsaber and the visions that Rey got with it from the past and maybe future .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 15 Nov 2018, 3:43 am

AhsokaTano wrote:@Starliteprism
Omg I saw this all over Reddit ( gonna post the links below ). Did suspect this from the way the Vader series has been leading up to this last few issues . I seriously think now they may do something with this in episode Ix because it’s coming up again and again ( Rebels , Vader comics , aftermath books)and we know from aftermath novels that Jakku has one of these portals .
Darth Vader issue 23 JUST WOW
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/9x2t3f/darth_vader_issue_23_just_wow/?st=JOHIUC2Y&sh=a01ed461

A World Between Worlds "door"or some power akin to it was featured in today's issue of Darth Vader #23 on Mustafar [SPOILERS]
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsrebels/comments/9x2cg2/a_world_between_worlds_dooror_some_power_akin_to/?st=JOHIV7AK&sh=f0b23938

What Vader #23 means for Star Wars...
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarscomics/comments/9x271o/what_vader_23_means_for_star_wars/?st=JOHIVJSK&sh=4dea6774

Just adding a postscript to this because something that’s just occurred to me now - what if Han’s Dice , vader’s Helmet are the key to someone(Ben or Rey or both ) possibly connecting with Vader or Han through one of the portals ? It seems in this Vader comic ( I need to read it myself to be sure ) that somehow Lord Momin is able to connect with his past self(and become one with his past self ) via the helmet . What if it’s the same with Han’ s Dice and Vader ‘s helmet . What’s the saying “you are what you carry with you “. Just a thought . Weird I know but no more weird than what’s unravelling before us and we know in Star Wars like in Lord of the rings - objects seem to carry some of the essence of their owners ( we saw this in the Lando comics too). What if it’s not just dark side objects that have potential for this but all objects . We saw this hinted too in The Force Awakens with the legacy lightsaber and the visions that Rey got with it from the past and maybe future .
@AhsokaTano

Definitely need to wait for the next comic, so it can spell it out for us more. Too many routes to speculate, as it could be time travel(which I kinda hope not), or could be purgatory/hell, etc. and I don't like the idea of the World Between Worlds being open to just anyone. Hurts my brain, especially since my brain goes straight to Rey and that maybe she also came from a portal, and I don't even want to wrap my head around that thought.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 15 Nov 2018, 3:44 am

@AhsokaTano - reeeeally interesting AhsokaTano! thanks for sharing!!!

Whoa.. I've got to get to this comic series and read it right through!
I've been reading the whole of the Poe comic series now it's finished.. I might start on this one next!

In the Poe comics, we had Leia sensing Han's lingering presence in the MF - which matches up with your idea..
Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) 118
Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) 217
Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) 314
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 15 Nov 2018, 7:16 am

@Starliteprism
Woah the thought of Rey coming from a portal never even crossed my mind until you mentioned it but yeah could be possible and if so where is she from???? . You’re right though it’s too early to speculate until we see where this goes . As I say I haven’t read it yet as haven’t got my copy but I did see online that the place Lord Momin seems to open and the place Vader does seem different though it’s the same portal . So that’s weird . Vader seems to open something like the world between worlds but when he leaves and Momin goes to open it the place is full of fire ( presumably chaos or hell or purgatory ?) so maybe whatever is in your heart at the time of opening the portal determines where you end up ? We’ll have to see where this goes for now but it’s intriguing. The Vader comics are so good .

@Deebee
You’re right - I remember that Poe comic issue - leia feeling like she could feel Han in the falcon. It kind of reminds me of what some people believe ghosts are( not saying this is what I believe but I’ve heard this ) - energy transfer of beings that attach themselves to places , objects they were attached to when they were alive which is why they appear in certain places etc . Maybe Lucasfilm story group are using a similar idea . Let’s see how it all unfolds .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 16 Nov 2018, 11:51 am

Hey all , me again - there’s another update thread on Reddit on the Vader comic above and what it means ( still haven’t got my copy yet) . It’s interesting because it seems to suggest Lord Momin tried to freeze a city in time , the city got destroyed and he burned with it but is trying to resurrect himself via the helmet . The comments are interesting too. Check out the link if you’re interested:

What Momin Really did in Vader 23
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/9xn7av/what_momin_really_did_in_vader_23/?st=JOKBA4N4&sh=4633e31e
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Fri 16 Nov 2018, 5:53 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all , me again - there’s another update thread on Reddit on the Vader comic above and what it means ( still haven’t got my copy yet) . It’s interesting because it seems to suggest Lord Momin tried to freeze a city in time , the city got destroyed and he burned with it but is trying to resurrect himself via the helmet . The comments are interesting too. Check out the link if you’re interested:

What Momin Really did in Vader 23
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/9xn7av/what_momin_really_did_in_vader_23/?st=JOKBA4N4&sh=4633e31e
@AhsokaTano

Again....my thoughts, scattered as they are at nearly midnight, go to Kylo Ren chatting with Darth Vader's Helmet. Is there a potential that a part of Vader's soul is attached(Harry Potter Horcrux-style) and that Vader was also taking a leaf out of Momin's book to again try to bring Padme back?
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sat 24 Nov 2018, 5:15 pm

My two favorite villian square off! Darth Vader vs Lord Voldemort.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Darth Rowan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sat 24 Nov 2018, 5:54 pm

And while I'm at it; this next video shows how they're the same exact archetypes of powerful antagonists who are unstoppable forces of nature.  

I never realized how just alike they were:  both grew up without a father; were gifted but troubled children; wanted to defeat death at all costs; never truly knew how to love; and their main foe was a son like figure, with Vader being Luke's actual dad whereas Voldemort was more of a spiritual one shaping Harry into the man he would become, in addition to passing some of his powers onto him (parsel tonge) and making Potter one of his horcruxes.  Ultimately they were both dark father figures who tried to destroy their sons.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 03 Jan 2019, 12:51 pm

Hey all Smile so EW did a feature on all the Star Wars content coming our way in 2019 and I didn’t know about this coming out March :Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) E6c53610
Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) C07ade10

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 23 Jan 2019, 9:19 am

From Star Wars: Vader — Dark Visions #3
Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) Tumblr24

THE STAR-CROSSED LOVER!

• DARTH VADER, a name that strikes fear in the hearts of countless across the galaxy…but there is one lonely heart that beats just for him.
• What is it like to be in love with LORD VADER?
• And what fate will befall one who is infatuated with the tall, dark mystery behind the mask?

Source: https://sleemo.com/post/182224586267/star-wars-vader-dark-visions-3-of-5
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Thu 09 May 2019, 6:03 pm

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Fri 05 Jul 2019, 10:00 am

This perfectly explains why Obi-Wan defeated Vader in The Battle Of Mustafar, despite his former apprentice being younger, faster, and stronger.  The future dark overlord was done in by his own hubris.  When Obi told him he has the high ground he knew Anakin would jump over him just because his former master told him not to.  Skywalker was so blinded by rage he would not listen to reason and out of spite, as well as wanting to prove he was more powerful, took a risky and unnecessary risk, being doomed by his own arrogance. Obi out thought his more dangerous opponent and came out on top because he knew how to push Annie's buttons.

The same channel then follows up with why Kenobi didn't kill the fallen Jedi after chopping off his limbs...because it's not the Jedi way to kill an unarmed and defenseless opponent, no matter how evil they are.  It was repeated throughout ROTS; after Anakin killed Dooku he said "I shouldn't have killed him.  It's not the Jedi way."  When Mace Windu was about to kill Palpatine, when he appeared beaten and helpless Anakin said "It's not the Jedi way"; granted he also wanted the Emperor alive to save Padme.  
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 12 Jul 2019, 7:00 am

Darth Vader Chronicles (a thread dedicated to the dark lord) 7150a310
Ok interesting- wonder if we’ll get more on what’s in the hidden depths of the castle ie relics , portals etc
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 27 Nov 2019, 5:51 pm

Hayden is so underappreciated as Anakin that it is a crime.

One thing I missed was how Anakin tried to beat Obi Wan with his own Jedi flip he used to defeat Darth Maul and it completely back fired. Skywalker was so desperate to prove he was better than his master he made a massive tactical error that he knew not to do and it cost him everything.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next