Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KK to Remain Head of Lucasfilm through 2021

+16
Dar-ren19
LadyGaufrette
special_cases
Kylo Rey
SheLitAFire
DeeBee
YeeRees
SW_Heroine_Journey
Birdwoman
SoloSideCousin
rey09
Forsythia
snufkin
twilekempire
californiagirl
AceofWands
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

KK to Remain Head of Lucasfilm through 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: KK to Remain Head of Lucasfilm through 2021

Post by Kylo Rey Tue 26 Jun 2018, 2:49 pm

Look what Frank Marshall (KK's husband) liked Confus

KK to Remain Head of Lucasfilm through 2021 - Page 2 Img_0810

Bob Iger's bad decisions... like Solo release date? The rumour was that it was Disney who pushed for the date to stay at May rather than moving back to December, which was what LFL wanted.

Kind of ties in with those rumours of KK and Iger not seeing eye to eye.

In essence, some of the stuff KK has being blamed for should actually be laid at Iger's feet.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

KK to Remain Head of Lucasfilm through 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: KK to Remain Head of Lucasfilm through 2021

Post by special_cases Fri 31 Aug 2018, 12:32 pm

I'm sorry that this is not linked directly to the topic but I didn't want to create a new thread and can't find KK's thread. The story from THR is still the one of the most jaw-dropping thing I've read about Hollywood nowadays. If I understand correctly, they didn't find this person so it's not closed case. I heard nothing in SW's fandom about this, for example, but that's understandable - KK is not that popular topic. Does somebody heard about this or know some new details?

KK to Remain Head of Lucasfilm through 2021 - Page 2 Thr_issue_23_con_queen_cover

11 July 2018

For more than a year, some of the most powerful women in entertainment — including Amy Pascal, Kathleen Kennedy, Stacey Snider and a 'Homeland' director — have been impersonated by a cunning thief who targets insiders with promises of work, then bilks them out of thousands of dollars. The Hollywood Reporter has obtained exclusive audio recordings of the savvy imposter as victims come forward and a global investigation heats up.

One such ex-military target was Rudy Reyes, an actor (HBO's Generation Kill) and former U.S. Marine who received a call from a man purporting to be producer Beau Flynn (San Andreas, Rampage), who said he was calling on behalf of Lucasfilm's Kennedy. When Reyes and his manager, Adam Handelsman, eventually spoke to the woman — who said she was Kennedy — she said she was interested in casting the ex-Marine as a supporting actor in Indiana Jones 5. The trio spoke for about 10 minutes. Then the woman said she was having trouble hearing and requested to speak to Reyes alone.

In an email, Handelsman summarizes the call between the con woman and his client:

"The first 30 minutes of the conversation was extremely professional. Then it started to get extremely sexual. She discussed how her husband Frank Marshall was never around [ Shocked Laughing Mad ], and that Rudy could stay in her Los Feliz home. She told Rudy that the role was his but asked over and over 'what was he going to do for her?' She was explicit in her request. Rudy repeatedly said no. She said she made Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise and will make him a star. This was against his morals, his warrior ethos — all he wanted to do was work. He fully rebuffed all of her sexual advances. She hung up."

A couple of days later, the man claiming to be Beau Flynn called Handelsman back. He alleged, without evidence, that Reyes had propositioned Kennedy during their one-on-one call. He said the call had been taped and threatened to expose Reyes. When Handelsman responded that California requires two-party consent to tape calls and accused the man of committing a felony, the man grew flustered and hung up.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/hunting-con-queen-hollywood-1125932
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 05 Sep 2018, 6:32 pm

Putting this here since it seems to be the general KK thread.

https://variety.com/2018/film/awards/kathleen-kennedy-frank-marshall-cicely-tyson-marvin-levy-lalo-schifrin-governors-awards-1202928603/

KK is the first woman to get the Academy's Irving G. Thaling Award (with Frank Marshall), which is
presented to creative producers “whose body of work reflects a consistently high quality of motion picture production.”

What was that about her being inept and leaving LF? Razz
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 06 Sep 2018, 5:54 am

californiagirl wrote:Putting this here since it seems to be the general KK thread.

https://variety.com/2018/film/awards/kathleen-kennedy-frank-marshall-cicely-tyson-marvin-levy-lalo-schifrin-governors-awards-1202928603/

KK is the first woman to get the Academy's Irving G. Thaling Award (with Frank Marshall), which is
presented to creative producers “whose body of work reflects a consistently high quality of motion picture production.”

What was that about her being inept and leaving LF? Razz
@californiagirl

And yet I still had to read that her work on Lucasfilm doesn't count because obviously the Star Wars movies were going to be on Top list because of their names. Rolling Eyes
Some people would like to choke rather than admit she is doing great with SW.

No matter, I'm happy for her to get this award, she deserves it (when I watch old and good movies, I always find her name and it had become a kind of game for me) and I hope she stay a loooong time with Lucasfilm so some people can stay mad about it.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 06 Sep 2018, 6:18 am

special_cases wrote:I'm sorry that this is not linked directly to the topic but I didn't want to create a new thread and can't find KK's thread. The story from THR is still the one of the most jaw-dropping thing I've read about Hollywood nowadays. If I understand correctly, they didn't find this person so it's not closed case. I heard nothing in SW's fandom about this, for example, but that's understandable - KK is not that popular topic. Does somebody heard about this or know some new details?

KK to Remain Head of Lucasfilm through 2021 - Page 2 Thr_issue_23_con_queen_cover

11 July 2018

For more than a year, some of the most powerful women in entertainment — including Amy Pascal, Kathleen Kennedy, Stacey Snider and a 'Homeland' director — have been impersonated by a cunning thief who targets insiders with promises of work, then bilks them out of thousands of dollars. The Hollywood Reporter has obtained exclusive audio recordings of the savvy imposter as victims come forward and a global investigation heats up.

One such ex-military target was Rudy Reyes, an actor (HBO's Generation Kill) and former U.S. Marine who received a call from a man purporting to be producer Beau Flynn (San Andreas, Rampage), who said he was calling on behalf of Lucasfilm's Kennedy. When Reyes and his manager, Adam Handelsman, eventually spoke to the woman — who said she was Kennedy — she said she was interested in casting the ex-Marine as a supporting actor in Indiana Jones 5. The trio spoke for about 10 minutes. Then the woman said she was having trouble hearing and requested to speak to Reyes alone.

In an email, Handelsman summarizes the call between the con woman and his client:

"The first 30 minutes of the conversation was extremely professional. Then it started to get extremely sexual. She discussed how her husband Frank Marshall was never around [ Shocked Laughing Mad ], and that Rudy could stay in her Los Feliz home. She told Rudy that the role was his but asked over and over 'what was he going to do for her?' She was explicit in her request. Rudy repeatedly said no. She said she made Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise and will make him a star. This was against his morals, his warrior ethos — all he wanted to do was work. He fully rebuffed all of her sexual advances. She hung up."

A couple of days later, the man claiming to be Beau Flynn called Handelsman back. He alleged, without evidence, that Reyes had propositioned Kennedy during their one-on-one call. He said the call had been taped and threatened to expose Reyes. When Handelsman responded that California requires two-party consent to tape calls and accused the man of committing a felony, the man grew flustered and hung up.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/hunting-con-queen-hollywood-1125932
@special_cases

WOW, just wow. I hadn't seen this before. So whatever happened to this impersonator? Was he/she/they ever apprehended?
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 28 Sep 2018, 2:31 pm

californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 28 Sep 2018, 2:57 pm

californiagirl wrote:We should change this thread's title to reflect KK's rule over LF Smile

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-chief-kathleen-kennedys-lucasfilm-deal-extended-three-years-1147653
@californiagirl

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Cheers to all!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Fri 28 Sep 2018, 3:11 pm

bahahahahahaha I love it
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 28 Sep 2018, 4:26 pm

californiagirl wrote:We should change this thread's title to reflect KK's rule over LF Smile

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-chief-kathleen-kennedys-lucasfilm-deal-extended-three-years-1147653
@californiagirl

How I feel about part of the fandom who spread the rumour of KK leaving.
KK to Remain Head of Lucasfilm through 2021 - Page 2 394

More seriously, the negociation of her extended deal was certainly the root of the KK leaving rumour. Shame, without Solo she could have had a historical great deal.

I'm wondering something, do you have example of as much hatred against a producer because I generally don't make this kind of assumption, but I believe more and more that if she were a man all of this madness woudn't be of this magnitude. I know Lucas had his share but as the creator, he had a shield protecting him a little.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Fri 28 Sep 2018, 5:01 pm

@californiagirl

This is the most beautiful and sweetest F U to the haters I've ever seen Very Happy
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 28 Sep 2018, 6:00 pm

Gloriousss news. It's a dark day for the [edit] fanboys.

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Redacted: name-calling)

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 29 Sep 2018, 6:25 am

KK definitely copped way too much hatred, but I hope that the messy productions of Rogue One and especially Solo will make her more careful as far as hiring the right talent is concerned.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2