Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

+72
Good-olio Raeh
nickandnora
LadyHa
thescavenger
BB-Rey
Darth_marshmallow
Atenais
Kylo Men
Lily Snape
Forsythia
AceofWands
Anakin Skywalker
SheLitAFire
SkyStar
reylo1992
shii405
DeeBee
tukicarreno
Piper Maru
bossbaby
DarthRen
BenRey
motherofpearl1
Darth_Awakened
BastilaBey
snufkin
soulluos
So-Old-Juvenile Named Ewa
MindAndMagic
jakkusun
kassadin
SanghaRen
Xylo Ren
ZioRen
Helix
Search Your Feelings
ladyconsular
MeadowofAshes
Libra Vibora
Rimfaxe96
IoJovi
Marchtwin
Gemini
CienaRee
Little_Boots
Reynak
ISeeAnIsland
MoonlitMoss
Irina de France
spacebaby45678
Rei of Sunshine
Kylo Ren
Blackcanary
vaderito
ZenBrainJam
Kessel
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Darth Dingbat
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
Airemyn
Force22
Darth Rowan
panki
Sylvia Snow
Reylo Lemon
YoloKylo
AnneNeville
guardienne
76 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 20 Empty Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by Man Without A Star Sat 10 Mar 2018, 2:01 am

My only concern with the scene is how the hell did he manage to escape with Rose? The camera shows that they are both quite close to the First Order walkers...
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 20 Empty Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by Darth_marshmallow Sat 10 Mar 2018, 1:36 pm

I've come to the conclusion that Finn would have probably died in vain. The canon was already heating up and it was too late to try to destroy it. Rose emphasized it by saying to Finn "I've saved you, dummy!"
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Good-olio Raeh Sat 10 Mar 2018, 1:47 pm

@Darth_marshmallow I think she saved them all.
Good-olio Raeh
Good-olio Raeh
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 10 Mar 2018, 8:03 pm

Good-olio Raeh wrote: I was wondering if Finn went ahead and “sacrificed” himself, would that sacrifice be in vain, for wouldn’t it have caused a massive explosion killing everyone on Crait?

Thoughts?
@Good-olio Raeh

Hi Good-olio Raeh, funny you should ask this, I was just listening to the Scavenger's Hoard podcast episode discussing Finn and Rose - they talked about this. It's very good and I'd recommend it.
Though they don't actually start talking about Finn and Rose till a way into the podcast - it is worth a listen I htink.
They seemed to think Finn's death would have been pointless... and I agree with them, this was how I viewed it too.

I did at some point discuss/play around with ideas about Finn's momentary decision to sacrifice his life there as he continued on toward the canon - it hasn't been the focus of much discussion I think... but it is an interesting topic to discuss for sure! I think all discussion about Finn has been merged into this thread here:

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t82p450-discussion-finn-fn-2187-john-boyega
(and this thread may be merged into it eventually too) - so maybe a read of that thread and asking about this there might help..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 10 Mar 2018, 8:05 pm

Man Without A Star wrote:My only concern with the scene is how the hell did he manage to escape with Rose? The camera shows that they are both quite close to the First Order walkers...
@Man Without A Star

lol my sister said the same thing! My answer was that the FO were so focused on the big picture they didn't notice two little people in the foreground.. lol.. umm that's the best I've got! Wink
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Sun 11 Mar 2018, 12:29 am

DeeBee wrote:
Man Without A Star wrote:My only concern with the scene is how the hell did he manage to escape with Rose? The camera shows that they are both quite close to the First Order walkers...
@Man Without A Star

lol my sister said the same thing! My answer was that the FO were so focused on the big picture they didn't notice two little people in the foreground.. lol.. umm that's the best I've got! Wink
@DeeBee

Funny, I thought the same thing.

Here is what it says in Jason Fry's novel.

Finn double-checked that Rose wouldn’t fall off the contraption he’d rigged, tilted the travois, and began to pull it behind him, hurrying across the salt plains toward the distant lines of the trenches. He kept glancing at the towering walkers, fearing that at any moment one of the huge, animal-like heads would tilt their way and open fire. But the walkers simply trudged along without taking any apparent notice of them. After a moment he realized why. They don’t think we matter. Because they know they’ve won.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 11 Mar 2018, 12:37 am

Let The Past Die wrote:
DeeBee wrote:
@Man Without A Star

@DeeBee

Funny, I thought the same thing.

Here is what it says in Jason Fry's novel.

Finn double-checked that Rose wouldn’t fall off the contraption he’d rigged, tilted the travois, and began to pull it behind him, hurrying across the salt plains toward the distant lines of the trenches. He kept glancing at the towering walkers, fearing that at any moment one of the huge, animal-like heads would tilt their way and open fire. But the walkers simply trudged along without taking any apparent notice of them. After a moment he realized why. They don’t think we matter. Because they know they’ve won.
@Let The Past Die

Whoooooo cool! Very Happy Thanks for sharing yet again Let The Past Die!
I kind of wonder if this is foreshadowing for what will be Hux's downfall - he overlooks the small things - he did the same thing with Poe at the start of TLJ. We've discussed this some in the Kylo vs Hux first order thread - If it's not in Hux's simulations then he thinks it is irrelevant. Given the resistance is now down to maybe a dozen people and more of a tiny rebellion - if Hux deems them not worth his attention, they are going to be able to defeat him!! Very Happy
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 11 Mar 2018, 12:40 am

I like Finn so I'm just glad he didn't die.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 16 Mar 2018, 11:35 am

Mode note:

The thread about Finn's sacrifice has been merged into "Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega thread" due to similar topics. 
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 08 May 2018, 10:14 pm

hi all, just thought I'd share this here.. I think the star wars databank has updated the main summary entry for Finn - so it now has a line or two summarising what his main story was in TLJ. Interesting to see how starwars.com sums this up in a just a few sentences, can be informative!
way back machine isn't letting me see archived version for whatever reason.. but I think the last few sentences are new..

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 20 Finn_b10
Bye!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 09 May 2018, 2:59 pm

DeeBee wrote:hi all, just thought I'd share this here.. I think the star wars databank has updated the main summary entry for Finn - so it now has a line or two summarising what his main story was in TLJ. Interesting to see how starwars.com sums this up in a just a few sentences, can be informative!
way back machine isn't letting me see archived version for whatever reason.. but I think the last few sentences are new..

Bye!
@DeeBee

On the ball, Deebee. FANKS! :-)
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 09 May 2018, 8:44 pm

DeeBee wrote:
@Man Without A Star

@DeeBee

You know, this makes me realize -- what if the FO (and Kylo) did realize that there were these two figures in the foreground and one of them had been moments ago stupidly flying into the bomb -- that Kylo again... AGAIN... let the Traitor go Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

That tells me Kylo didn't notice Finn trudging toward the finish line and the FO never brought it to his (or Hux's) attention. Because I simply can't see Kylo -- if he knew this was fracking FN-2187 -- not blasting him outta the earth/sky.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 10 May 2018, 3:45 am

Starliteprism wrote:
DeeBee wrote:hi all, just thought I'd share this here.. I think the star wars databank has updated the main summary entry for Finn - so it now has a line or two summarising what his main story was in TLJ. Interesting to see how starwars.com sums this up in a just a few sentences, can be informative!

Bye!
@DeeBee

On the ball, Deebee. FANKS! :-)
@Starliteprism

Your welcome! I'm short on time at the moment or I'd share this, but the addition to the Poe summary is very interesting.. Rey's has a new line too.. gotta run. hope you are all well bye!!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 12 May 2018, 2:01 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:
DeeBee wrote:
@Man Without A Star

@DeeBee

You know, this makes me realize -- what if the FO (and Kylo) did realize that there were these two figures in the foreground and one of them had been moments ago stupidly flying into the bomb -- that Kylo again... AGAIN... let the Traitor go Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

That tells me Kylo didn't notice Finn trudging toward the finish line and the FO never brought it to his (or Hux's) attention. Because I simply can't see Kylo -- if he knew this was fracking FN-2187 -- not blasting him outta the earth/sky.
@Dar-ren19

Interesting idea! From what happened, I'm guessing they didn't recognise him, too far away.. and they just assumed he was a pesky resistance fighter. I think until Luke shows up they are focused on the main goal: getting into the keep.
Maybe they think Finn died on the supremacy.. If Phasma survives she may wish to spread the lie that she killed him. lol.
have you read the expanded novelisation Dar-ren19? I think it has lots of fab Finn content.. I have stumbled on it online in pdf freeeeely available... LOL I paid money for it.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 17 May 2018, 6:12 pm

Hi all, I give the databank a quick glance every day so I tend to notice if images have been changed. Finn has a new image on his main page..
Thought I'd share the entry as it speaks to Finn's wanting to sacrifice himself.. and JB is looking pretty fierce in the new image
Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 20 Finn_m10
source: https://www.starwars.com/databank/finn

His Gallery has been updated also.. Should I share all the new ones? There is six.. I can if you like. But you can see for yourself following the link below..
I'll just share this one:
Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 20 New_ga10
A big AWH from me!!!
source: https://www.starwars.com/databank/finn-biography-gallery
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20