Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

+40
Maria26
Rachelmckellar34
MaddieDove
SanghaRen
12 Parsnips
Moonjump05
LesCousinsDangereux
nickandnora
Darth Dementor
Cowgirlsamurai
ZioRen
Geralt_Riv
motherofpearl1
SoloSideCousin
AhsokaTano
fuhry
OrionStars
bruna8728
Atenais
Froggy
giaciak2
LadyGaufrette
snufkin
SkyStar
Armadeus
Starliteprism
vaderito
special_cases
Chris24601
DeeBee
californiagirl
Forsythia
Teo oswald
PalmettoBlue
SW_Heroine_Journey
roguepixie
Moonlight13
MrsWindu
Riri
RKR Connection
44 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 19 Nov 2019, 7:46 am

DeeBee wrote:Hiya, came across a new (to me) image.. [sorry if this has already been shared in the spoilers thread I wouldn't know]
maybe this is new to someone else too!
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Mf_310
SOURCE

Interesting to see that Poe finally gets to pilot the MF! (after longing to in Spark of the Resistance!)
If I had to guess, I'd say this is related to the sequence where these three storm the star destroyer.
It could be that Rey is on the guns.. but I don't see why she would not be piloting instead.
So, I'm guessing either arriving at the star destroyer, or leaving that star destroyer - or both- Rey is separated from these three.
Interesting to see no bicep injury on Poe for this moment too.. this suggests it's before they reach Kef Bir.
I couldn't see well enough in the trailer if Poe had the bicep injury when these three were running on the star destroyer.
It also looks like he isn't wearing his scarf that he wears on Pasaana which is then later wrapped around his bicep. Interesting..
At least... I think there is no bicep injury on his left bicep and it looks like the arm is bent and we would see it - what do you think? gah! Now I don't know.. lol!

Lastly, also interesting that both Poe and Chewie have the headset on... communicating with someone on guns? or.. another ship?

Hey any other new images or articles that have been shared in the spoilers thread that maybe haven't been shared outside that thread? Us spoiler avoiders are open to official images, and press coverage but I'm not risking going into the spoilers thread. I've convinced myself if I do my head will explode. rofl.
Hope you are all well and enjoying the lead up during this special time- we are almost there!!!
sunny

hi again.. just came across this Rey Limited edition pin..
SOURCE
here it is in the packaging..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Rey_pi10
and out of the packaging..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Rey_pi11
What I find interesting is the use of the hexagon - I've never seen this before..
Rey is not usually seen with a hexagon + jedi order symbol behind her. What a curious combination! [In the packaging she is actually surrounded by 2 hexagons.. also really interesting to see her with the typical Kylo pose with the right hand outstretched like that.. hmm!] Thoughts anyone?

Okay guys!!!
SOURCE
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Force_11
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Force_10
What is this force rage business?!
Looks like the red cracks light up when he is having a force rage!!!
Do you think it's possible this is a toy thing only and doesn't translate into TROS?
Is Kylo's mask gonna glow brightly when he is really mad?!
Thoughts?
i actually think this looks really cool - it's an interesting way to show how Kylo is feeling with the mask on lol...
Ohhh this is flippin hilarious - there's a video of it haaaa!!!
https://www.amazon.com/vdp/0bb253781df74339922dfd02a64f832c?ref=dp_vse_ibvc0
@DeeBee

30 more days! 1 more month! On Thursday, 4 more weeks! Very Happy Smile

If Poe is piloting the Millenium Falcon, it's because Rey is not there to make the decision = teehee wink wink for Reylo haha, and they had to do something quickly - is my guess. (Most likely Leia or Rose gave permission, hoping Rey won't be too angry at them for it. lol)

Did you catch Adam Driver on Colbert? (who is such a Reylo) Wonderful treasures there! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion

Post by Atenais Tue 19 Nov 2019, 8:13 am

DeeBee wrote:Hiya, came across a new (to me) image.. [sorry if this has already been shared in the spoilers thread I wouldn't know]
maybe this is new to someone else too!
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Mf_310
SOURCE

Interesting to see that Poe finally gets to pilot the MF! (after longing to in Spark of the Resistance!)
If I had to guess, I'd say this is related to the sequence where these three storm the star destroyer.
It could be that Rey is on the guns.. but I don't see why she would not be piloting instead.
So, I'm guessing either arriving at the star destroyer, or leaving that star destroyer - or both- Rey is separated from these three.
Interesting to see no bicep injury on Poe for this moment too.. this suggests it's before they reach Kef Bir.
I couldn't see well enough in the trailer if Poe had the bicep injury when these three were running on the star destroyer.
It also looks like he isn't wearing his scarf that he wears on Pasaana which is then later wrapped around his bicep. Interesting..
At least... I think there is no bicep injury on his left bicep and it looks like the arm is bent and we would see it - what do you think? gah! Now I don't know.. lol!

Lastly, also interesting that both Poe and Chewie have the headset on... communicating with someone on guns? or.. another ship?

Hey any other new images or articles that have been shared in the spoilers thread that maybe haven't been shared outside that thread? Us spoiler avoiders are open to official images, and press coverage but I'm not risking going into the spoilers thread. I've convinced myself if I do my head will explode. rofl.
Hope you are all well and enjoying the lead up during this special time- we are almost there!!!
sunny

hi again.. just came across this Rey Limited edition pin..
SOURCE
here it is in the packaging..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Rey_pi10
and out of the packaging..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Rey_pi11
What I find interesting is the use of the hexagon - I've never seen this before..
Rey is not usually seen with a hexagon + jedi order symbol behind her. What a curious combination! [In the packaging she is actually surrounded by 2 hexagons.. also really interesting to see her with the typical Kylo pose with the right hand outstretched like that.. hmm!] Thoughts anyone?

Okay guys!!!
SOURCE
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Force_11
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Force_10
What is this force rage business?!
Looks like the red cracks light up when he is having a force rage!!!
Do you think it's possible this is a toy thing only and doesn't translate into TROS?
Is Kylo's mask gonna glow brightly when he is really mad?!
Thoughts?
i actually think this looks really cool - it's an interesting way to show how Kylo is feeling with the mask on lol...
Ohhh this is flippin hilarious - there's a video of it haaaa!!!
https://www.amazon.com/vdp/0bb253781df74339922dfd02a64f832c?ref=dp_vse_ibvc0
@DeeBee

EW posted more pics.
Pics here!:
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Fri 22 Nov 2019, 6:09 pm

There’s a tiny snippet about a request that Trevorrow asked Rian to include during TLJ. It doesn’t go into much specifics for what he had planned for IX, but I have to wonder where he was going that required a scene to give Rey and Poe ‘some history’?

Talking exclusively to Empire, Trevorrow explained his feelings about his name in the film's credits. "I’m not sure anyone who chooses the creative life should expect things. But I’m grateful to JJ [Abrams] for embracing some of our ideas. It’s exciting that fans will get to see the moments that felt essential to all of us..... Abrams, who took over co-writing and shooting the movie, went in some significantly different directions, including a return for a classic character. "Bringing back the Emperor was an idea JJ brought to the table when he came on board," Trevorrow says. "It’s honestly something I never considered. I commend him for it. This was a tough story to unlock, and he found the key.... , Rian Johnson, incorporated one of Trevorrow's suggestions into his own movie, The Last Jedi, working from a concept that the Jurassic World director had looked to include himself. "I just asked Rian if he could include a little moment where Rey and Poe meet for the first time," he says. "They’re such beloved characters, it felt right for them to have some history in the next movie. I thought the way he did it was perfect."

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/colin-trevorrow-star-wars-rise-skywalker-last-jedi/
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Fri 22 Nov 2019, 6:11 pm

I know I'm a little too super up on my Pride and Prejudice comparisons here, but I always kind of figured Poe would play the Mr. Wickham role in IX. But I'm not sure Colin has the depth to think that way (Rian clearly does, which might be why he agreed to it, but I don't know).

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 22 Nov 2019, 6:31 pm

Nah Poe’s more of a Frank Churchill, feckless lightweight
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 22 Nov 2019, 6:50 pm

nickandnora wrote:I know I'm a little too super up on my Pride and Prejudice comparisons here, but I always kind of figured Poe would play the Mr. Wickham role in IX. But I'm not sure Colin has the depth to think that way (Rian clearly does, which might be why he agreed to it, but I don't know).
@nickandnora

I am sure Rian had the oddest look on his face when he received that request, or tried to hide it - lol (or hid it well haha)...and he probably thought that, or..."well, if he does have anything other than Reylo in mind, KK will stop it" and she sure did. Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Fri 22 Nov 2019, 7:55 pm

snufkin wrote:Nah Poe’s more of a Frank Churchill, feckless lightweight
@snufkin

Agree. I can't see Poe as a rake guy as Wickham or Willoughby. Frank Churchill is a perfect comparison!
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 22 Nov 2019, 10:39 pm

@Atenais Poe would absolutely take a trip across the galaxy to get his hair cut.

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Cbb90bdae25ef0ac3a89ce2511f8dba9

“there was an air of foppery and nonsense in it which she could not approve.”
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 24 Nov 2019, 1:11 am

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@DeeBee

30 more days! 1 more month!  On Thursday, 4 more weeks! Very Happy Smile

If Poe is piloting the Millenium Falcon, it's because Rey is not there to make the decision = teehee wink wink for Reylo haha, and they had to do something quickly - is my guess. (Most likely Leia or Rose gave permission, hoping Rey won't be too angry at them for it. lol)

Did you catch Adam Driver on Colbert? (who is such a Reylo)  Wonderful treasures there! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Wonderful to hear from you SW_Heroine_Journey!
I know, not long now!!!!
We now have that footage from the international trailer that shows Rey about to jump onto the MF - so it could be that's when Poe is piloting the MF.
No I didn't see AD on Colbert. I'll have to catch that - thanks for the tip!

@Atenais - thanks so much for sharing those amazing images! I'll definitely enjoying going over them all with a fine tooth comb!
Hey Atenais, what is that photo in your avatar? is that from TROS? is that a publicity photo? I haven't seen that before?
[edited to add: ah! just found this in the trailer thread - don't mind me!]

@MrsWindu - my interest level in trevorrow and what might have been or what remains is a zero right now.. but that may change once the movie is out.. my reaction to this is Trevorrow seems to be not a very clever writer, so yeah he would want to rely on there being history between Poe and Rey. but.. I don't know if my opinio of him is really warranted or fair. lol.

@snufkin
-haaaa I love it, good call!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 24 Nov 2019, 1:54 am

DeeBee wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@DeeBee

30 more days! 1 more month!  On Thursday, 4 more weeks! Very Happy Smile

Did you catch Adam Driver on Colbert? (who is such a Reylo)  Wonderful treasures there! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Wonderful to hear from you SW_Heroine_Journey!
I know, not long now!!!!
We now have that footage from the international trailer that shows Rey about to jump onto the MF - so it could be that's when Poe is piloting the MF.
No I didn't see AD on Colbert. I'll have to catch that - thanks for the tip!

@Atenais - thanks so much for sharing those amazing images! I'll definitely enjoying going over them all with a fine tooth comb!
Hey Atenais, what is that photo in your avatar? is that from TROS? is that a publicity photo? I haven't seen that before?
[edited to add: ah! just found this in the trailer thread - don't mind me!]

@MrsWindu - my interest level in trevorrow and what might have been or what remains is a zero right now.. but that may change once the movie is out.. my reaction to this is Trevorrow seems to be not a very clever writer, so yeah he would want to rely on there being history between Poe and Rey. but.. I don't know if my opinio of him is really warranted or fair. lol.

@snufkin
-haaaa I love it, good call!
@DeeBee

I've seen Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom... it's fair. Razz
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 24 Nov 2019, 3:36 am

Armadeus wrote:
@DeeBee
I've seen Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom... it's fair. Razz
@Armadeus
-haaa!!! I'm sorry you had to experience that!  Laughing

Hello again, I've been having fun exploring new images shared in this thread and the two new tv spots.  cheers
Have we gotten the international trailer yet?

This is interesting..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Ew041010
Means he switches to an arm bandage that blends in more.. and so maybe I just can't see it in this shot..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Ew081010
and it doesn't help my timeline.. actually he isn't wearing the scarf so maybe that means it's post getting the injury! Hmm.. I know I can't and won't figure it out, but it is fine to try just based on officially released stuff!

I bet there has been much discussion about this image but I've missed it.. so hope you don't mind if I bring this up..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Ew021010
What do you all make of this facial expression? what do you see here?
I see sadness, and... longing.
I guess this is related to that image from the hanger already released, and the new snippet from the tv spot 'end'.
Where Rey seems to be in front of Kylo/Ben - with his troops behind him.. and then the MF drops in to give her a ride and an escape.
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 End-910
this is such a beautiful moment - and it's just the trailer on youtube- it's going to look amazing in the theatres.
Rey really is Kylo/Ben's dreamgirl with her fabulous leap - she's very special.. and.. he's going to have to fight to win her heart!
[Looks to me like Force jump the light side force ability is definitely on display in TROS!]

Something about this little moment has me curious..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 End-610
this is from the 'end' tv spot.
It looks like Rey and Kylo have a confrontation on Kijimi.
But.. she doesn't have a jacket on (and we see her with the Jacket in other snippet from Kijimi). Maybe she has taken it off or not put it on yet. lol that is possible.. but it got me wondering because the next moment we see in the tv spot is this:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 End-710
What if Rey is in Kylo/Ben's special white room on the ship, and he is on Kijimi trying to find her (as it's likely he will be trailing her at some point) and they connect through the force bond?
I wondered before if this is what's happening because Kylo/Ben doesn't usually have his mask on when alone with Rey, and that's what we saw in the trailer here:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Z_trai13
I'm also very curious that Rey doesn't have the staff in this snippet, but in the tv spot we see she has the staff when she first sees Vader's mask.
here:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 End-310
From the trailer we can just make out something else shattered on the floor before 'they' (or Rey?) attack Vader's helmet - maybe Rey is busy in this room destroying stuff, and then the force bond connects, while Kylo/Ben is in Kijimi. She goes for the helmet, he tries to stop her..

It may be the hanger is him having raced back to the ship knowing she is on it and in his weird white quarters/shrine room or whatever.. only to see her only fleetingly in the flesh at the hanger.

Maybe Rey is hunting for that dagger. (which I don't think is the Mortis dagger but it's still cool to me nonetheless!) I'm just having fun speculating and exploring here.. don't mind me!  Embarassed

A part of me keeps coming back to the vader mask being a tool Palpatine is using to manipulate Kylo/Ben and Rey destroying it or trying to destroy it might be to address that. As @Lily Snape  mentioned previously!

Hey my copy of the secrets of the Jedi book arrived btw! The artwork is gorgeous!
I found it interesting that the book is written by Luke, after he met Rey and before he projects himself to crait.. it's an interesting window in time.
Luke writes that when he started the Jedi Order again he had tried to take a more traditional path in training Jedi- as opposed to his own unorthodox experience.
Interesting, I think this is the first time I've heard this - I always wondered just how much the Jedi Academy was sticking to the old Jed order ways.. and thus, how much Ben Solo had in his own training..

The Dark Force abilities page is especially interesting as that is where we find the entry for force bonds.
Here it is:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Dark_s10
It's a large format so I can't get the full page scanned in one image. Here's a closer look at the part that's cut off..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Dark_s11
The recent What the force interview with Marc Sumerak had him commenting on his surprise to find that force bonds tend to be more of a dark side ability.
I don't have time to transcribe it sorry -maybe someone else will- but Marc Sumerak expressed a view that star wars is all about redemption, ahem... not that he knows what is happening in TROS. but still.. I'm encouraged to hear that!

As I've said before - the Bond entry really got me thinking of how Palpatine could be at work throughout the skywalker family, bonded to them without their even being aware of it, and steering their actions. I keep an open mind on what TROS will give us, and I"m sure whatever it is will be great. and this is my fave idea about it. I've not heard it anywhere else but then, I'm not really reading widely because I'm avoiding talk of leaks or spoilers.. so life is pretty simple for me right now lol.

It's interesting that the Jedi Path and the book of Sith - neither of them seem to mention bonds that I can find. Anyone who has these books found mention of bonds?
Secrets of the Jedi seems to include snippets of the Jedi Path in a simpler format for younger readers.

One final thought I promise.. browsing through the Jedi Path again.. this caught my eye:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 The_je10
with all the Rey and Kylo/Ben around water footage I wondered if we may see this light side ability in TROS.. maybe from Ben! lol..
Interesting little mention of healing here too.. Hmm! Oh once I start digging into this stuff I just get lost in it. it's soooo good!!!
Okay I must go- hope you are all well and enjoying the lead up to The Rise of Skywalker!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sun 24 Nov 2019, 12:37 pm

DeeBee wrote:Hello again, I've been having fun exploring new images shared in this thread and the two new tv spots.  cheers

No, we still don't have the international trailer. It seems SO LATE.

DeeBee wrote:This is interesting..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Ew041010
Means he switches to an arm bandage that blends in more.. and so maybe I just can't see it in this shot..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Ew081010
and it doesn't help my timeline.. actually he isn't wearing the scarf so maybe that means it's post getting the injury! Hmm.. I know I can't and won't figure it out, but it is fine to try just based on officially released stuff!

Hey! I just posted another pic of the trio. I read something from Sleemo, that I found very interesting:

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Sleemo11

DeeBee wrote:I bet there has been much discussion about this image but I've missed it.. so hope you don't mind if I bring this up..
I guess this is related to that image from the hanger already released, and the new snippet from the tv spot 'end'.
Where Rey seems to be in front of Kylo/Ben - with his troops behind him.. and then the MF drops in to give her a ride and an escape.
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 End-910
this is such a beautiful moment - and it's just the trailer on youtube- it's going to look amazing in the theatres.
Rey really is Kylo/Ben's dreamgirl with her fabulous leap - she's very special.. and.. he's going to have to fight to win her heart!
[Looks to me like Force jump the light side force ability is definitely on display in TROS!]

We talked about it before, but we can talk again. I mentioned - in another thread I believe, that he has a feeling of longing in his face everytime Rey evades him.

DeeBee wrote:Hey my copy of the secrets of the Jedi book arrived btw! The artwork is gorgeous!
I found it interesting that the book is written by Luke, after he met Rey and before he projects himself to crait.. it's an interesting window in time.
Luke writes that when he started the Jedi Order again he had tried to take a more traditional path in training Jedi- as opposed to his own unorthodox experience.
Interesting, I think this is the first time I've heard this - I always wondered just how much the Jedi Academy was sticking to the old Jed order ways.. and thus, how much Ben Solo had in his own training..

The Dark Force abilities page is especially interesting as that is where we find the entry for force bonds.
Here it is:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Dark_s10
It's a large format so I can't get the full page scanned in one image. Here's a closer look at the part that's cut off..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Dark_s11
The recent What the force interview with Marc Sumerak had him commenting on his surprise to find that force bonds tend to be more of a dark side ability.
I don't have time to transcribe it sorry -maybe someone else will- but Marc Sumerak expressed a view that star wars is all about redemption, ahem... not that he knows what is happening in TROS. but still.. I'm encouraged to hear that!

As I've said before - the Bond entry really got me thinking of how Palpatine could be at work throughout the skywalker family, bonded to them without their even being aware of it, and steering their actions. I keep an open mind on what TROS will give us, and I"m sure whatever it is will be great. and this is my fave idea about it. I've not heard it anywhere else but then, I'm not really reading widely because I'm avoiding talk of leaks or spoilers.. so life is pretty simple for me right now lol.

It's interesting that the Jedi Path and the book of Sith - neither of them seem to mention bonds that I can find. Anyone who has these books found mention of bonds?
Secrets of the Jedi seems to include snippets of the Jedi Path in a simpler format for younger readers.

One final thought I promise.. browsing through the Jedi Path again.. this caught my eye:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 The_je10
with all the Rey and Kylo/Ben around water footage I wondered if we may see this light side ability in TROS.. maybe from Ben! lol..
Interesting little mention of healing here too.. Hmm! Oh once I start digging into this stuff I just get lost in it. it's soooo good!!!
Okay I must go- hope you are all well and enjoying the lead up to The Rise of Skywalker!
sunny
@DeeBee

Wow, these are very interesting information. Thanks for sharing!

Ah, and yeah, you found out about my avatar. I ripped the pic from the last TV spot.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sun 24 Nov 2019, 3:52 pm

@DeeBee

I like where you’re going with this....taking into account the black bandage on Poe’s arm, I’m wondering if this could the sequence of events from the images that we have at our disposal?

EDIT - I’ve only skimmed SPOILERS...if this way out just say without going into details

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 6741b410

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 517b3010

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 74489410

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 0a50bd10

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 499af310

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 288c9810

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 7530f310
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 25 Nov 2019, 3:47 am

Atenais wrote:
DeeBee wrote:Hello again, I've been having fun exploring new images shared in this thread and the two new tv spots.  cheers

No, we still don't have the international trailer. It seems SO LATE.
@Atenais
- Thanks! Wow.. can’ t be too long before we get it now!

Atenais wrote: Hey! I just posted another pic of the trio. I read something from Sleemo, that I found very interesting:

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Sleemo11
@Atenais
Ha yeah. I don’t feel like they’ve spent tons of time together! Lol.

Atenais wrote:
DeeBee wrote:I bet there has been much discussion about this image but I've missed it.. so hope you don't mind if I bring this up..

We talked about it before, but we can talk again. I mentioned - in another thread I believe, that he has a feeling of longing in his face everytime Rey evades him.
@Atenais
-ah I’m sad I didn’t get to hear what everyone thought. I’m guessing that’s in the spoiler thread. OH well. He certainly isn't looking like the big bad evil supreme leader here! Thanks for sharing your thoughts – yeah!!!! This is a face he has with Rey..
Hmmm he was very emotional sensing his mother in TLJ too. So sad we won’t see them reunite in TROS! Maybe we’ll see him looking at something where we know he is at least thinking of his mother.

@MrsWindu – whoa!!! I hadn’t seen some of those images! I am super excited to see someone giving timelines a go! Nice work! Regarding the bolded below - I love this idea! let's do it!!  Very Happy
MrsWindu wrote:@DeeBee
I like where you’re going with this....taking into account the black bandage on Poe’s arm, I’m wondering if this could the sequence of events from the images that we have at our disposal?
EDIT - I’ve only skimmed SPOILERS...if this way out just say without going into details
@MrsWindu
I have no idea about spoilers.. so can't comment on that sorry.. but I think one image here I would suggest needs a different order.
I think the third last image you shared is probably the final image of this lot – because he has replaced the scarf bandage with an actual bandage.. and.. any images with no injury there are going to come before any images with a scarf or a bandage.
so of these images you've shared I'd go with this order:
heck. I don't know! lol.
A few random thoughts on order..  
I think there is more than one lush green location – because we know this is at the start of the film:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Jungle12
[we know this because at star wars celebration JJ said this image was from the start of the film] - we haven't actually had confirmation that this is Batuu have we?
And we also have this image of Poe in a lush green environment with the arm injury which is later in the film:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Z_trai14
So, I’m guessing it’s a different green location because if they went back to the same place, they’d change clothes. But.. I can’t be sure..
This green location here seems to be later in the film:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Z_trai15
And this meeting his where where Poe has graduated to an actual bandage not a makeshift scarf bandage.
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Ew041011
It may be that this is Poe arriving at the second lush green location and then he gets the actual bandage and addresses the resistance gathering.
who knows!

I agree that this image:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Z_trai17
feels like it's them starting on their adventure!

When guessing order, I can list 1) what I'm confident in.. or 2) an order for available images that is my best guess. but pure guesses lol.
I might go with 1) here in this reply, and then maybe come back later to have a go at 2) if I get time.  

Here’s my list of what I'm fairly confident in:  
-Lush green location - Batuu? - training, preparing for adventure.. saying goodbye to Leia..
?
-desert planet Pasaana - Poe's not injured. and  there's no D-O.
-?
-Snowy location - Kijimi droid factory (where they pick up D-O) – Poe is not injured. Meet Zorri. Babu Frick, operate on C3PO.
-?
-Ocean moon - Kef Bir - grasslands/death star wreckage [we can see D-O is with them] - Poe is injured. Meet Jannah, orbaks etc.

-Unidentified other green location – resistance meeting -Poe is injured, but gets better bandage on his arm.
No Rey, and Lando has arrived. maybe the location we saw Tantive IV arriving at in the trailer.. Seems to be the resistance gathering point later in the film.
Thoughts anyone?

One new thing I noticed is that I can place the Chewie, Poe and Finn on the star destroyer - before Poe's arm gets injured. So before Kef Bir at least.
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Z_trai18
We can see Poe is still wearing his scarf in this shot! doh. don't know what I didn't notice that sooner!

What are you all thinking for the final battle? Based on no spoilers, looks to me like we get:  
Rose is with the rest of the resistance.
BB-8 and Finn joins Jannah for orbak stampede ground battle.
Poe is in his fighter (or dead already - and lol I am spoiler free so that is not me giving anything away just what I'm guessing!).
Zorri in her fighter.
Rey is off with the force plot.. confronting the big bad with Kylo.
Chewie and Lando in the MF.

No idea where D-O and C3PO go to..
R2D2 is pretty MIA. the only time we've seen him is in that vanity fair stylised Luke image, and the glimpse in the trailer with C3PO- which looks to be when they are surrounded by resistance at some point. Otherwise, maybe R2D2 is off with Leia for the duration of the film?! Heck I don't know!
the latest lego set of the MF has Lando, Chewi and R2D2 with them. but not sure if that is terribly reliable!

lol. I've gone and gotten lost in Star Wars yet again!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 25 Nov 2019, 6:17 am

Someone should open a timeline thread!
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 25 Nov 2019, 6:38 am

Just got my Empire subscribers edition. Will start uploading the pages in Maz....in two parts as I have to go out.

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Img_3210
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Empty Pasaana Timeline...

Post by DeeBee Tue 26 Nov 2019, 3:22 am

Atenais wrote:Someone should open a timeline thread!
@Atenais - oh yeah? I'm spoiler free so any thread I start or read would be restricted to publicly released stuff - would there be enough people interested in that?
@MrsWindu -wow. you spoil us so MrsWindu! Smile Thank you!!

Thanks to the latest tv spot 'They fly now' we now know that this..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 D23_1a11
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 D23_1b12
comes right before this...
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 They_f10
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 111
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Finnpo12
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Star-w12

now I wanna know where these two likely pasaana related parts fit..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Episod10
I think this is probably while finn and poe are here: [because Finn is holding her staff for her]
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Finnpo13

and is this sequence before or after the chase? they look kind of frayed so if I had to guess... I'd say after but I really don't know!
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Ew071011
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Ew081110
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Star-w13

And.. interesting that KOR are on Pasaana too -
from vanity fair:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Star-w14
and.. the second in a tv spot:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Kor-110
Where does this fit in the time line?
and there was this cover that identifies the KOR on Pasaana.
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Jouren10
I can't rely on this cover like a tv spot.. but interesting to see Kylo with the KOR on Pasaana.. and in the tv spot - it's just the KOR.
Then again, maybe this is when Kylo is driving his ship at Rey lol.
Looks like the KOR and the storm troopers are separate and not working together.. where do you think this fits i the Pasaana time line?
I lean toward the KOR not confronting Rey early on, but just missing her.. so the suspense of that final confrontation gets pay off later in the movie... but who knows.
Thoughts?
sunny

edited to add:
in this video: [gma behind the scenes]

at 0.20 we see Poe, Finn and Rey sneaking around a star destoyer together.
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Gma-0_10
I can't see if Chewie but that doesn't mean he isn't there as it's a really really quick moment.
Soo... seems like this sequence on the star destroyer...
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Z_trai19
includes Rey at some point..

this gma video includes the Now they fly tv spot-
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 They_f10
at 1.50 JJ introduces this clip and says this clip is: 'a sequence early on in the movie when the character's adventures are just beginning and they get into a little bit of trouble'

I'm going to go ahead and answer my own question lol.
After seeing this new JJ quote, I'm thinking the chase is before this sequence:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Ew071011
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Ew081110
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Star-w13
as this looks like the adventure has already started!

Last edited by DeeBee on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Nov 2019, 7:18 am

DeeBee wrote:
Atenais wrote:Someone should open a timeline thread!
@Atenais - oh yeah? I'm spoiler free so any thread I start or read would be restricted to publicly released stuff - would there be enough people interested in that?
@DeeBee

I don't know people, but I would be interested in that. And everybody could share their thoughts. I believe we did the same for TLJ.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 28 Nov 2019, 3:11 am

@Atenais - yeahh I remember that TLJ timeline thread. I think it was full of spoilers.
[I'm spoiler free for this movie..]
Anyway the latest tv spots compilation vid Atenais has shared (in the trailers thread) is flippin awesome!
A few new moments.. I'll share my grabs from the youtube vid..
and.. see if this adds to timeline ideas..

I am quite confident.. that this:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Tvspot17
is the moment the first time Kylo Ren puts his repaired mask on!!!! whoooooo he is actually there when the mask is being put back together. how interesting! [Okay it's possible the KOR are supervising and then let Kylo/Ben know when he can make his entrance and put it on lol!]

I'm pretty confident because it's related to these two images:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Kor_an12
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Star-w16
we can see the KOR lined up behind and we saw them like this behind Mr hairy hands repairing the mask.
Cool!

There's also this moment:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Tvspot11
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Tvspot12
looks to me like Kylo/Ben is not fighting back, and... like he is about to take off his cape?
Looks like his saber isn't lit. or we'd be seeing the light reflecting off objects around them no?

And this??
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Tvspot13
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Tvspot14
Gives us a view from a different angle on that white vader room which we've seen a few times now:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Tvspot15
these new angles give us a look at the right side of the room.
Where it seems something has already been smashed - which is likely what Rey is doing in the new tv spot.
In the new tv spot, you can also see that Rey has rested her staff on the  back wall there,
but in the wider vader mask view - her staff isn't there. Hmmm why would she have moved it?
Maybe the wider shot of her attacking the vader mask is not her on the destroyer in person, but her through the force bond being present while she's really somewhere else. I was thinking it was the opposite.. but maybe she visits the room twice - once in person and then once to destroy the mask through the force bond. Hmm.

We know she is physically on the star destroyer and has her staff with her - because the new tv spot shows her with it..
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 Tvspot16
But.. then again..
this moment - she has no staff.... I think? anyone?
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 End-810
Hmm...
it's a tricky one trying to figure things out because of the force bond. lol. it's fun too!
Anyone like to share their own thoughts?
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:14 am

DeeBee wrote:@Atenais - yeahh I remember that TLJ timeline thread. I think it was full of spoilers.
[I'm spoiler free for this movie..]
Anyway the latest tv spots compilation vid Atenais has shared (in the trailers thread) is flippin awesome!
A few new moments.. I'll share my grabs from the youtube vid..
and.. see if this adds to timeline ideas..
@DeeBee

We can create a timeline thread spoiler free! (Pliz, open this thread!)
I'm posting videos and images in the first pages of this thread.

DeeBee wrote:looks to me like Kylo/Ben is not fighting back, and... like he is about to take off his cape?
Looks like his saber isn't lit. or we'd be seeing the light reflecting off objects around them no?
@DeeBee

He was disarmed. See it:
Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 111
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 28 Nov 2019, 11:57 pm

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 E53c9b10

I posted this in the marketing thread and then deleted it because it turns out it’s an old image from TLJ, but I like this new Topps card Shocked
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 02 Dec 2019, 2:40 pm

This EW piece does a pretty good job gathering everything about Kylo from both the ST and EU. And in the end leans pro-Bendemption. https://ew.com/movies/2019/12/02/star-wars-kylo-ren-everything-to-know/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Mon 02 Dec 2019, 3:04 pm

californiagirl wrote:This EW piece does a pretty good job gathering everything about Kylo from both the ST and EU. And in the end leans pro-Bendemption. https://ew.com/movies/2019/12/02/star-wars-kylo-ren-everything-to-know/
@californiagirl

Wow, thank you, that's amazing. And, yeah, they wouldn't tell his story if the Bendemption wasn't in the horizon.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 04 Dec 2019, 4:44 pm

Has this been posted? Anyway i want to be free of this pain. This is so hilarious- I want this cover on my wall.
Variant cover for Star Wars Adventures #30 released in January 2020.

Episode IX and Sequel Trilogy General Discussion - Page 9 9d4df210
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 08 Dec 2019, 2:44 pm

Anyone going to watch all 8 films before? I'd have to start Wednesday to be on time to see the movie on Thursday lol. Would be good way to countdown to the end =(

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next