Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jedi: Fallen Order

+3
SW_Heroine_Journey
Armadeus
FrolickingFizzgig
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 08 Jun 2019, 4:00 pm

There was a gameplay reveal for the new action/adventure title Jed: Fallen Order. I caught it it in the EA updates livestream today. The gameplay looks pretty standard but creative (using a lightsaber as a flashlight, controlling a little pet droid that perches on the hero's back, environmental puzzles using the Force and what appears to be a posture system on bigger enemies).

The story is seemingly about a survivor of the Jedi Order on some kind of mission who is being pursued by Inquisitors.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by Armadeus Sat 08 Jun 2019, 8:55 pm

This is one of my most anticipated games. Gives me a Force Unleashed vibe.

I've had a policy in recent years that I'd never buy a game from EA, but I'm definitely gonna make an exception for this one, especially seeing as the story team is being led by the guy who Mafia III.

Love the little droid too Very Happy

Also, it's cool that they're bringing in the Force freeze ability.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 08 Jun 2019, 10:50 pm

The parrot droid is adorable!

Initial thoughts:

-my goodness, he is powerful for a padawan (I believe that is the ranking I've heard), which means Rey and Ben definitely have these powers because they are knight/master level (and the Force will probably unlock more for them because they are unique), so I hope TROS really unleashes with that factor.

-He is violent! In comparison, Kylo/Ben is an angel. Hmmm - love your point LF! haha Although, I admit thinking "that poor stormtrooper, what if he or she is the equivalent of Finn!" lol

I am intrigued about the story, as that unfolds, and I have seen talk that there is a potential for a villainess-hero ship that appears to be occurring. If so - Squee! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 08 Jun 2019, 11:01 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:The parrot droid is adorable!

Initial thoughts:

-my goodness, he is powerful for a padawan (I believe that is the ranking I've heard), which means Rey and Ben definitely have these powers because they are knight/master level (and the Force will probably unlock more for them because they are unique), so I hope TROS really unleashes with that factor.

-He is violent! In comparison, Kylo/Ben is an angel. Hmmm - love your point LF! haha Although, I admit thinking "that poor stormtrooper, what if he or she is the equivalent of Finn!" lol

I am intrigued about the story, as that unfolds, and I have seen talk that there is a potential for a villainess-hero ship that appears to be occurring. If so - Squee! Very Happy Smile
@SW_Heroine_Journey

My headcanon is that he's probably been secretly honing his powers during his time in hiding. Not sure how long after Order 66 the game is set; my guess is at least ten years before ANH considering how young Saw looks.

Hero/villainess ship? Bring it on Very Happy

Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 08 Jun 2019, 11:20 pm

Armadeus wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:The parrot droid is adorable!

Initial thoughts:

@SW_Heroine_Journey

My headcanon is that he's probably been secretly honing his powers during his time in hiding. Not sure how long after Order 66 the game is set; my guess is at least ten years before ANH considering how young Saw looks.

Hero/villainess ship? Bring it on Very Happy

@Armadeus

Very Happy Corseque has a great twitter thread about it the potential of a Second Sister falling in love with this scavenger Jedi Very Happy

https://twitter.com/northgalis/status/1137393341069316096

Excellent point about how he became so powerful, regardless if his official title was Padawan. Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 09 Jun 2019, 6:24 am

A cool article about how the gameplay and level design take inspiration from Metroidvania and Dark Souls: https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/08/the-metroid-and-dark-souls-inspirations-of-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 09 Jun 2019, 7:51 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:A cool article about how the gameplay and level design take inspiration from Metroidvania and Dark Souls: https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/08/the-metroid-and-dark-souls-inspirations-of-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order
@FrolickingFizzgig

Interesting... definitely digging the Metroid inspirations.

I was getting a bit of a Sekiro vibe from the fight with the Purge Trooper. Can't wait to find out what a fight with Second Sister will be like.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 09 Jun 2019, 8:12 pm

Armadeus wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:A cool article about how the gameplay and level design take inspiration from Metroidvania and Dark Souls: https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/08/the-metroid-and-dark-souls-inspirations-of-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order
@FrolickingFizzgig

Interesting... definitely digging the Metroid inspirations.

I was getting a bit of a Sekiro vibe from the fight with the Purge Trooper. Can't wait to find out what a fight with Second Sister will be like.
@Armadeus
I got Sekiro vibes too, and that's a good thing. I doubt it'll be that polished but I guess we'll see!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Wed 26 Jun 2019, 8:55 pm

I know I shouldn't get excited... but I'm kinda excited.

Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 08 Jul 2019, 1:33 am

Ugh, they decided a male protagonist was necessary literally because Rey exists. Seriously, most of the EU shows, books, comics etc. are made by and for men, but apparently the developers feel threatened by one trilogy having a female lead. I know that both gaming and comics are especially male-dominated, and that's kind of shown in parts of SW the past couple of months.

https://gamerant.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-protagonist-is-male-because-of-rey/

Jedi: Fallen Order Scree517
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 08 Jul 2019, 8:20 am

californiagirl wrote:Ugh, they decided a male protagonist was necessary literally because Rey exists. Seriously, most of the EU shows, books, comics etc. are made by and for men, but apparently the developers feel threatened by one trilogy having a female lead. I know that both gaming and comics are especially male-dominated, and that's kind of shown in parts of SW the past couple of months.

https://gamerant.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-protagonist-is-male-because-of-rey/

@californiagirl

When I was watching the livestream for the SDCC panel about this, and they were describing the character, I remember thinking, "This is a male Rey. Um??" But I then squashed it down because SW/LF was pushing inclusivisity. After the infamous DV comic, it became apparent that there are spheres within the business, including LF, that have the same attitude as the dudebros/fanboys. It's disheartening, which is why a sassy part of me hopes this fails, and the ST/TROS soars and soars with success. When KK talks about inclusivity, I am certain she believes it, yet this sticks around like finding gum underneath a desk. Ugh so annoying.

I'm really shocked they admitted this publicly, unless they truly thought it would not be discovered, which is naive in this internet age. And if they wanted it to be discovered, so grade school. lol It's "Girls are smelly! No girls!" haha Careful what you wish for dude!
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 30 Oct 2019, 6:13 am

Dathomir Witch?

Jedi: Fallen Order 777a1ea8a4a3cc8a392a851431a32c6509ca0383
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Sun 17 Nov 2019, 5:38 pm

For me this is the best Star Wars game I have played since The Force Unleashed. Smile
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 18 Nov 2019, 3:10 am

californiagirl wrote:Ugh, they decided a male protagonist was necessary literally because Rey exists. Seriously, most of the EU shows, books, comics etc. are made by and for men, but apparently the developers feel threatened by one trilogy having a female lead. I know that both gaming and comics are especially male-dominated, and that's kind of shown in parts of SW the past couple of months.

@californiagirl

This irritated me as well when I just read it. The amount of times that its male after male after male protagonist across all forms of media in Star Wars, but because one current movie has a female lead they thought they better make this video game character male to "even it out"?

The playing field has always been skewed towards male protagonists.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 18 Nov 2019, 7:22 am

I had heard that one of the devs said something like this but now that I've read the quote it actually doesn't come across as being driven by sexism or anything, it's just that they wanted Rey to stand out more or didn't want their game to get confused with the current Skywalker film generation. When you think about it most recent SW media has revolved around POC or female protagonists so it's all good. The person who told me about this quote said they said "white male", and that was obviously a lie.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 18 Nov 2019, 8:26 am

@FrolickingFizzgig

Good point.

Maybe it was so it wouldn't take away from Rey and also not confuse things. There is that side to the coin as well.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 01 Dec 2019, 10:06 am

Just finished this and, without spoiling anything, I wanna say I love this game. Sort of an Uncharted meets Star Wars vibe, which is precisely what I wanted. Visually, it's stunning. Gameplay is kinda wonky is places (platforming can be a real pain in the neck), but not too bad. The lightsaber combat is tactical and intuitive and so satisfying once you get the hang of it. The locations are varied and a joy to explore - Dathomir in particular sticks out in my mind.

Narrative-wise, this hits all the bases for me. The characters are distinct and colourful and BD-1 is the just the cutest little droid I've ever seen.

But more important than any of that, is a story that reminds both Cal and us, that it is not lightsabers and strength in the Force that make one a Jedi.

I love this game and can't wait to play it again Very Happy
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 01 Dec 2019, 11:37 am

@Armadeus

Curious if the Dathomir in Jedi: Fallen Order resembles what is seen in TRoS Teasers and Trailers, when Ben is military advancing with the red background? I know Ben's breath can be seen, too...so I am curious if breath can be seen in the characters of Jedi:Fallen Order because it's cold (perhaps also wet). ?? Smile Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 01 Dec 2019, 6:04 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@Armadeus

Curious if the Dathomir in Jedi: Fallen Order resembles what is seen in TRoS Teasers and Trailers, when Ben is military advancing with the red background?  I know Ben's breath can be seen, too...so I am curious if breath can be seen in the characters of Jedi:Fallen Order because it's cold (perhaps also wet).  ?? Smile Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Dathomir has a red colour palette in Fallen Order and is more of a parched wasteland:

Jedi: Fallen Order STAR-WARS-JEDI-part-1-2019-11-15-11-11-35.mp4_006872650-1024x576

It's not cold, at least not in the game. Certainly doesn't resemble anything I've seen in the trailers for TROS.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 01 Dec 2019, 6:27 pm

Armadeus wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:@Armadeus

Curious if the Dathomir in Jedi: Fallen Order resembles what is seen in TRoS Teasers and Trailers, when Ben is military advancing with the red background?  I know Ben's breath can be seen, too...so I am curious if breath can be seen in the characters of Jedi:Fallen Order because it's cold (perhaps also wet).  ?? Smile Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Dathomir has a red colour palette in Fallen Order and is more of a parched wasteland:

Jedi: Fallen Order STAR-WARS-JEDI-part-1-2019-11-15-11-11-35.mp4_006872650-1024x576

It's not cold, at least not in the game. Certainly doesn't resemble anything I've seen in the trailers for TROS.
@Armadeus

Thank you! I am hoping fascinating established locations (especially Force planets) will be in TRoS versus mostly new, yet very few things are known about the film, so there is still hope!!! Smile Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 01 Dec 2019, 6:38 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Very Happy

Hopefully. I love Force-related stuff so anything that emphasises the scale and mystery of it is great, IMO.

Spoiler:
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 01 Dec 2019, 7:11 pm

Armadeus wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey

Very Happy

Hopefully. I love Force-related stuff so anything that emphasises the scale and mystery of it is great, IMO.

Spoiler:
@Armadeus

Very Happy I watched some of the footage on youtube, and

Spoiler:
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 01 Dec 2019, 8:25 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:

Very Happy

Spoiler:
@Armadeus

Spoiler:
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Spoiler:
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 01 Dec 2019, 8:54 pm

Armadeus wrote:

Very Happy

Spoiler:
@Armadeus

Spoiler:
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Spoiler:
@Armadeus

Spoiler:

Last edited by SW_Heroine_Journey on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 01 Dec 2019, 9:30 pm

Armadeus wrote:

Very Happy

Spoiler:
@Armadeus

Spoiler:
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Spoiler:
@Armadeus

Spoiler:
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Spoiler:

Last edited by Armadeus on Sun 01 Dec 2019, 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Armadeus