Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.

+8
Kylo Rey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Atenais
motherofpearl1
unicorn
fuhry
Gemini
guardienne
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.  - Page 2 Empty Re: [ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 May 2020, 11:35 am

Sacrebleu wrote:Parts of it were definitely retconning, I think. But not all. They did keep the Force bond and even expand on it. The Dyad was a great idea, the problem was they didn't do enough with it and so it was pretty much wasted. One of the best things they kept was Rey and Kylo passing things to each other though the bond. That was foreshadowed in TLJ when Kylo wiped the water off his face after a Force Skype.

I think probably TROS is weakest in the parts where they were undoing TLJ. Even Finn patting Rose on the shoulder as he walks by is cringe-worthy because it's not following up on what happened between them in TLJ. I didn't care for their relationship in TLJ but once it's there you can't just pretend it never happened and have the storyline make sense.

The Rey/Kylo scenes were the best parts of the film (along with Han/Ben), but I couldn't help but notice how....dull Rey seemed in the other scenes. And I think it's largely because'sweetness and light' Rey is a lot less interesting than 'darker, if not dark' Rey.

It's one of the reasons I actually wish she'd taken his hand at the end of TLJ, the 'dark'version of Rey was someone I'd like to have seen more of.

By the way, anyone remember these days? https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-kathleen-kennedy-teases-more-rey-finn-al-post-2019-1054438
Funny how they mention Poe when he wasn't supposed to survive TFA?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

[ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.  - Page 2 Empty Re: [ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.

Post by Geralt_Riv Fri 15 May 2020, 4:53 pm

[ST trilogy post mortem] no limbs were lost.  - Page 2 008599712b63c066d1e9390fe47fcdf9
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 16 May 2020, 1:57 am

Heck, I never noticed that! Well spotted.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2