Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post TROS Therapy

+21
vaderito
BB-Rey
snufkin
SkyStar
Starliteprism
BenSoloLives
reylo1992
SW_Heroine_Journey
lauvamp
nickandnora
ZioRen
Atenais
MaddieDove
motherofpearl1
Saracene
MrsWindu
cherrylipstick
unicorn
Froggy
shii405
rey09
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post TROS Therapy  Empty Post TROS Therapy

Post by rey09 Mon 23 Dec 2019, 7:31 pm

Hi everyone. I know we're all still just distraught over everything. I've been going thru those stages of grief and seems like the only one left is acceptance...not really there but perhaps with a little more time. Perhaps letting out everything can lead to some kind of catharsis.

Thought we could use a space to just let out our feelings after this 4 year journey. We're all feeling a lot of things- happiness, yet sadness, anger etc

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post TROS Therapy  Empty Re: Post TROS Therapy

Post by shii405 Mon 23 Dec 2019, 9:24 pm

I started as OT fangirl (did not like PT). I fell in love at first sight with Kylo Ren when I saw TFA poster. I thought that was super cool character design, mask and hood is such a great combo. I saw whats inside the mask when I watched TFA, and I fell more. He killed my childhood hero Han Solo, i was bummed for 3 days but strangely i never hate Kylo for it. I thought he is such a worthy successor of Darth Vader. We know how DV is the most beloved villain. Most likely audience wld underestimate the new villain "he will never be as great as DV" i didnt expect they actually put that into the story, that the new villain is someone who fears that he will never be as great as DV, i thought that was the smartest thing to do. This what makes me sympathize Kylo more. After TFA, Kylo is the worthy successor of Darth Vader as the villain, for me, thats it. That time I was thinking "oh maybe Rey will end up w Finn! that wld b cute! oh no wait... how abt Poe? maybe they will meet and fall in love in VIII, that'll b cute too!"
Then I started checking around for people's comments on TFA and I saw Reylo fanarts, "whut?? are they nuts??" haha i totally dont remember how, but I started reading Reylo fanfics somehow and it hit me "OMG!!! REYLO MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!!" so that was when i fell into this deep trench haha. Since then I see Kylo as the (romantic) male lead of this saga rather than a villain.

I am so pleased with TLJ. I put TLJ on high pedestal equal to ESB. Not just bcos of the great Reylo treatment but also how TLJ is overall different than any other SW movies. Rian was brave enough to come out of the comfort and safe zone and explored new things with it.

TROS suck big time. Its really trash. It shattered my excitement of a potential great ending for all characters and Reylo. But yeah there is nothing we can do except acceptance. JJ totally killed Rey's arc and character but at least I shld b glad that JJ still did Kylo/Ben's arc right (minus death). Kylo/Ben is the one I cared the most from this saga since the beginning so I will take this as the bright side of TROS. (also may I add the fact that JJ really shot Adam in his peak handsomeness more than Rian? haha Rian shots of Adam are quite raw, somehow Adam always look most handsome in JJ's lens)

Overall, I still think ST is a great addition to the SW universe. Not just because of Reylo but also the other great new characters, the great ship battles in TLJ (the only ship battles i care for in the SW universe), and im sure we all have other things we love the most from ST. And the one Im grateful the most is that ST gives me Kylo Ren/Ben Solo character, idk if the rest of the world agrees but I think he will be one of the most classic, legendary, memorable villain in the cinematic universe. He is my all time fav SW character now (No.2 Han Solo and No.3 Darth Vader for me)

It will take time for us to heal, but lets just try to pick up the positive side of everything (for our own sakes) and to always remember that it is just a movie.

My only hope now is to get alternate ending skit by Adam and Daisy in SNL next month! LOL
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggy Tue 24 Dec 2019, 6:10 am

My only hope now is to get alternate ending skit by Adam and Daisy in SNL next month! LOL

That's my only hope a well so I'll say that my way of accepting this movie is denying its ending lol
Froggy
Froggy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Tue 24 Dec 2019, 6:26 am

I saw it yesterday and just wrote a review for a friend.
Describing some of the greatest desasters and making fun of them was really helpful. Laughing

Despite the fact that I will NEVER forgive:
Ben Solo´s death and literally eradication,
Rey Fakewalker alone on Tatooine,
and all the dead spacehoses, I´m a horseperson, dead horses are a no-go!!! Evil or Very Mad
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Tue 24 Dec 2019, 6:34 am

Honestly I'm surprised by how well I took the disaster movie.
Probably the leaks helped me to be prepared and even now it's like I'm living in a parallel world where TROS doesn't exist or where the movie ends with the kiss Laughing  It's like I'm pretending it didn't happen.

But there are random moments during the day, when I stop and think a minute, and ask myself if I'm in a nightmare or a weird dream, because the way they treated not just Ben, but the entire saga and the Skywalkers, is so insane and inconceivable that it's really hard to consider it the reality.

What it saddens me more is that now SW is ruined for me, because I will never be able to watch the OT (that is my very fav) and love it like I did in the past. I can't, knowing what happens after.
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 24 Dec 2019, 7:14 am

I don’t know why this film has affected me so much, I feel disconcerted as well as isolated. I saw I fan video on YouTube and I just burst into tears which is very unlike me. I don’t want to be dismissive of the people who thoroughly enjoyed the film and were entertained by it including most of my family. I’m really trying to work through why some of the themes are triggering for me because I have had quite a few crappy years with personal upsets. I think it might be because Ben wasn’t given a ‘Proper’ second chance. The harshness of TROS reality they presented is just numbing.

Also added to the fact I have now seen ‘The Report’ and ‘Marriage Story’ and Adam completely knocked it out of the park. So for whatever reason Kylo was only on screen for 4mins it really was a complete and utter waste. I do not think this was what JJ sold him 6/7 years ago before he signed up
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 27 Dec 2019, 8:53 pm

Ok ready to let my feelings out sort of lol.

It's been a week since I saw that disaster. I was holding on to the idea that perhaps they would retcon, maybe they'd bring him back in a one time movie. The sad truth is we were tricked for four years that this story really meant something profound and beautiful. We put the meaning to this story when it didn't exist really from the creators themselves. And now they act like we should just suck it up and enjoy. I just feel so betrayed.

I was thinking about what did they did to Dany in GOT. I'm over it, but still bitter. Doesn't sting as much but it's there. Here's another fantasy movie that takes me back there.

I'm so disappointed, not just with the ending but how much they could have shown us - jedi mythology, more about ben's past with his family, more about Finn's backstory etc. We were robbed of Ben and Poe rivalry, Ben and Finn and Rose and chewie and the falcon. Alas, it meant nothing.

I love multigenerational family sagas they are my absolute fave- one hundred years of solitude, east of eden, etc. I was intrigued by SW for the family dynamics. Kylo's arc made it all the more intriguing and the ending just completely ruins the whole skywalker story for me. I can't stomach it. Rey FakeSkywalker is so unearned and disrespectful. Rey took over his whole life before and now literally has it lol.

I'm going to be bitter, but I will hold on to the one moment of love, the only scene I'll ever bother to watch in TROS. And it was all because of Ben- the way he cradled her, held her tight, gave his life for her...the kiss was so perfect. But what really gets to me is they way he looked at her right before, finally complete with his other half, the way he laughed. There's really nothing more beautiful than that, haven't seen anything so pure in a romance, and I've watched a lot. What makes it all the more stunning is how he went from the big bad evil kylo to this man desperately in love and seeking completeness in his equal, went from selfish to absolute selflessless. Nothing can compete with this.

They can say whatever about Kylo being bad etc, but to give up your life for someone you love, there's no argument.

Maybe one day they will retcon all this, but I've let that go. For me, TROS ends when Ben laughs. At least he had some happiness, even if it was just a pinch.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 27 Dec 2019, 9:27 pm

I got knocked down by a nasty virus in the last week, so I’ve spent about four days in bed doing nothing but reading and watching dozens of angry and disappointed TRoS takes from all the corners of the fandom, which has been immensely therapeutic. It also helped to have known about the leaks and experiencing prior disappointment with other series I was invested into.

I’ll probably watch it some time later, maybe when it comes out on DVD, but right now I’m kinda glad to give it a miss and not treat it as fully real (or give Disney my money).
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 28 Dec 2019, 2:12 am

cherrylipstick wrote:Honestly I'm surprised by how well I took the disaster movie.
Probably the leaks helped me to be prepared and even now it's like I'm living in a parallel world where TROS doesn't exist or where the movie ends with the kiss Laughing  It's like I'm pretending it didn't happen.

But there are random moments during the day, when I stop and think a minute, and ask myself if I'm in a nightmare or a weird dream, because the way they treated not just Ben, but the entire saga and the Skywalkers, is so insane and inconceivable that it's really hard to consider it the reality.

What it saddens me more is that now SW is ruined for me, because I will never be able to watch the OT (that is my very fav) and love it like I did in the past. I can't, knowing what happens after.

This.
I'm very glad I knew before hand Ben's fate. But even then, I walked out of the cinema after he died because I just knew the cheesy ending would be too much for me. But what really hurts is I've been a fan for over 40 years and they've ruined the entire saga.
I don't know now if I can ever watch and enjoy these films again.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Sat 28 Dec 2019, 3:40 am

Yupp, this feeling of betrayal. This whole Kylo/Ben - Rey thing feels like a bad prank in the end.
I will clearly not buy the book or DVD, or any additional material, and that´s a first, I´m a fan since the OT.
They got the money for ONE ticket from me and that´s it this time. Well played, Disney.
The whole saga is ruined for me with this bleak ending for both charakters because I will have always in mind how it all ends.

I wish I could stop thinking about this pile of sh*t because everyhing gets only worse.
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:40 am

Ditto.
It would have been a seriously bad Xmas for me if it wasn't for me enjoying quality time with my family.
I will be buying the art book, because of the possibility of Ben Solo pics, but I'm not intending to get the book of the film.

I wonder if toxics are among those currently praising it up? I'm sure they are, it was after all made purely for them.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by unicorn Sat 28 Dec 2019, 6:09 am

I don´t know. I know at least one toxic fanboi who hates it more than TLJ. Laughing  
Although he ghot his wish by TLJ more or less being erased.

Enjoying this movie in a weird way despite perceiving it as a bad movie is one thing, whatever, to each their own.
But praising this crap as best SW movie ever, great story, finally a real SW movie again,
we watched it already five times, next round tomorrow, and so on and so on??? WTF???
Ok, maybe there a lot of people outside without a single functioning brain cell, but this massive praising over the top?

I´m usually not this tinfoil hat person, but for me it reeks of some bought good reviews. I know there are enterprises for this kind of business.
IRL the reaction of people I know is so - so. One half likes it/thinks it´s a good movie (for several reasons or without any reason), the other dislikes it.
But when you look at some websites, the opinion there is about 70% think it´s a good or even a brilliant movie, strange. Damage control?
unicorn
unicorn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 28 Dec 2019, 7:17 am

Saracene wrote:I got knocked down by a nasty virus in the last week, so I’ve spent about four days in bed doing nothing but reading and watching dozens of angry and disappointed TRoS takes from all the corners of the fandom, which has been immensely therapeutic. It also helped to have known about the leaks and experiencing prior disappointment with other series I was invested into.

@Saracene

Yes this, also been watching so many videos, and most are actually non reylos. It helps with the validation that we are totally legit in being upset over all this. Ultimately reylo wasn't just our hope but a good story overall and sadly we were deceived.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 28 Dec 2019, 9:34 am

I actually liked creepy Dark Rey. I wish she'd had been a clone or evil twin of Rey's and they'd fought for real. She was far scarier than Palpatine!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:45 pm

I think I've moved on from being sad and angry, but now I'm just frustrated and inconsolable.

I commend Reylos who are capable of finding something positive about the ending, but I can't see anything positive about it other than Rey and Ben potentially reuniting in the afterlife.

I also don't like the theory that Rey shares Ben's soul within her. Frankly, I'm tired of the idea that a female character should be happy with a spiritual or platonic connection alone. After living a long life of isolation, Rey deserved to have a lover beside her and physically there for her. Ben deserved the same.

Plus, this is probably an unpopular opinion, but if D/LF decide to bring Ben back, I'm not looking forward to it. It'll feel like such a slimy decision to do so after abruptly killing him off and having no character mourn him in TROS. I know SW has brought characters back from the dead before, but I can't shake off the business-like coldness it will involve, almost as if they were performing an experiment. "Hmm, seems like the fans are really sad Kylo died. Eh, guess we'll bring him back!"

With the recent quote from Adam Driver talking about how he fought for his character to be seen with compassion, it further solidified to me how it was Adam's performance that primarily brought popularity and likability to Kylo's character. Maybe D/LF really wanted for Kylo to be nothing more than a pitiful yet 2-dimensional villain with a last minute redemption, but Adam fought for his character to be portrayed with humanity and depth. It makes me even less interested in the possibility of Kylo being resurrected, since Adam is not likely to return to SW any time soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Sat 28 Dec 2019, 4:57 pm

@toolonelytosleep
I agree with you that any further use of Ben as character will be invariably tainted by the bad decision they made when it was the most important to get it right, and the cynicism of bringing him back just for the money will ruin any pleasure in it.
As I read in SWUK twitter reactions today, and I wholeheartedly agree, Ben belongs to Adam Driver.
For Disney to continue to capitalize on that man's work and talent, after betraying him, the character, and his fans, it's just plain wrong.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Sat 28 Dec 2019, 10:06 pm

cherrylipstick wrote:Honestly I'm surprised by how well I took the disaster movie.

@cherrylipstick

I feel exactly the same way. I know the leaks helped me a lot. It's nice, because I can be very calm and composed talking with people [about the movie]. And I confess it's being very nice to see that people I know disliked the movie.

Sometimes then I remember how promising the story was, how great a pair was Adam and Daisy, then I feel sad, because we will not have the same story again, the same characters again, it felt as a waste of time.

@toolonelytosleep @MaddieDove I agree with you both. I don't know if I would like to see him suddenly back, because I know it would be a commercial move.

I don't like either the idea that their souls live in Rey's body, I don't like the idea of a force baby, I don't like how his death without a FG let the door open for them to make what they want with his character. It looks a very cold and calculating decision. It's the last movie, they should have been more clear about the end. Not to tell how a mess the whole movie actually is.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 28 Dec 2019, 10:37 pm

Honestly, I'm just done with Star Wars now. I'm not going to kick and scream about it or hope for any half-a**ed fixes. I'm just...done. Not angry or sad. Just ready to put it behind me and find something else to have my fandom fun with.

I'll always have fond memories of my time in this forum and I still think Kylo and Reylo were the best things to ever happen to Star Wars and the only justification for the ST existing. I'll just have to remember it that way, shrug, and move on!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Sat 28 Dec 2019, 10:50 pm

ZioRen wrote:Honestly, I'm just done with Star Wars now. I'm not going to kick and scream about it or hope for any half-a**ed fixes. I'm just...done. Not angry or sad. Just ready to put it behind me and find something else to have my fandom fun with.

I'll always have fond memories of my time in this forum and I still think Kylo and Reylo were the best things to ever happen to Star Wars and the only justification for the ST existing. I'll just have to remember it that way, shrug, and move on!
@ZioRen

This is sort of where I'm at as well. I was never, ever going to be a fan of anything Star Wars that wasn't the main saga, so The Mandalorian being good or whatever isn't any comfort, or the thought of future films, etc. It was always going to be over with this film for me, and it's over.

I'm sticking around from a purely morbid curiosity standpoint to see how they handle the fallout of this film (and some people on twitter have been posting some really funny and entertaining takes). Depending on what happens, after a few weeks/months I'll be gone. I've always been a slave to good storytelling first, above everything else, so this was disappointing to me on that level first (I swear, to come so close with the first two movies and then...) but I will also be happy that Reylo was the only thread that remained intact throughout even if there were better ways to approach it.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 28 Dec 2019, 10:57 pm

nickandnora wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Honestly, I'm just done with Star Wars now. I'm not going to kick and scream about it or hope for any half-a**ed fixes. I'm just...done. Not angry or sad. Just ready to put it behind me and find something else to have my fandom fun with.

@ZioRen

This is sort of where I'm at as well. I was never, ever going to be a fan of anything Star Wars that wasn't the main saga, so The Mandalorian being good or whatever isn't any comfort, or the thought of future films, etc. It was always going to be over with this film for me, and it's over.

I'm sticking around from a purely morbid curiosity standpoint to see how they handle the fallout of this film (and some people on twitter have been posting some really funny and entertaining takes). Depending on what happens, after a few weeks/months I'll be gone. I've always been a slave to good storytelling first, above everything else, so this was disappointing to me on that level first (I swear, to come so close with the first two movies and then...) but I will also be happy that Reylo was the only thread that remained intact throughout even if there were better ways to approach it.
@nickandnora

Exactly! I also was only in it for the saga films so I was never going to consume side content. Unless it was about Kylo, and right now I feel that bridge has burned and I don't particularly want to read about past stuff. I was only interested in his continuing adventures. Now, nothing is keeping me attached.

I'm also only still around to see the ultimate fallout but I'm no longer invested in the universe and soon I'll get bored even of the drama and let Star Wars become some static noise in the background of life once again. Like it was before the ST began. I doubt even any future saga films will catch my attention.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 29 Dec 2019, 1:12 am

SW has been part of my life since I was a kid, it guess it always will be, but I'm not interested in any future projects now. And sadly all of the films will now be forever tainted by the knowledge that the legacy characters are erased. I will never forgive LF/D for that.

Good news is, YouTube, where TLJ got a lot of flak, is showing a lot of support for Adam/Kylo. Even people who hated the ST say they never should have killed him off. And more than one commentator is saying that they should have killed off Rey instead - which proves how unlikeable they've made her character.

They don't need to 'resurrect' Ben, just show the original ending.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Sun 29 Dec 2019, 1:54 am

ZioRen wrote:
@nickandnora

Exactly! I also was only in it for the saga films so I was never going to consume side content. Unless it was about Kylo, and right now I feel that bridge has burned and I don't particularly want to read about past stuff. I was only interested in his continuing adventures. Now, nothing is keeping me attached.

I'm also only still around to see the ultimate fallout but I'm no longer invested in the universe and soon I'll get bored even of the drama and let Star Wars become some static noise in the background of life once again. Like it was before the ST began. I doubt even any future saga films will catch my attention.
@ZioRen

We are on the same page.
I loved SW and I will always love that part of SW that made sense and was telling a beautiful story, but right now I'm done.
I don't think it will be too difficult, after all I've never been one of those hardcore SW fans, I didn't grow up with it, I don't know the name of the planets nor the aliens, I don't know the accurate size of a ship, I don't buy related stuff...  
The prequels left me indifferent, so my SW passion was kind of dormant after them and when the ST came out I didn't even care to know the plot before seeing the movie. I had no expectations, no nostalgia need, I was just curious and hoped to enjoy a good movie. And my God something magic happened  Laughing
After the interrogation scene something clicked, I thought it was just in my head, but then exploring the web I found out I wasn't the only one seeing all the potential behind those two characters.
Then TLJ made me fall in love with Kylo, not because he was the hottest dark prince (not only  Laughing ), but because it looked like there was a good exciting story to explore, I was interested in THAT story and now that they ruined it completely I have nothing left to care for.
I won't wait for new content, theories and metas. I honestly don't care anymore, that train has just left for me, I no longer want to be a passenger. And surely I won't spend other money for their master rat  Evil or Very Mad
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggy Mon 30 Dec 2019, 7:24 am

I'm also done right now, I don't want any new characters or series I huste wanted this trilogy to have an happy ending and to br exciting. I'm still glad it exists because I had such a fun time watching the 2 first movies and wondering what will happen next, I'm also very happy this forum exists I loved following your theories and debates. But right now I'm just really disappointed. I still like SW but if there ever is a new trilogy I won't be as invistated as I was I would be to afraid to be disappointed again.
Froggy
Froggy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Tue 31 Dec 2019, 11:36 am

Hey guys, so here my story:

1 week ago, after watching TROS for the third time I thought: "if you don't like a movie it's not the end of the world, move on". In fact I enjoyed the movie BUT not how the conclusion was explained...and of course, still can't accept Ben's death.

I knew the whole plot before watching the movie, I didn't want to believe the most recent JP leaks until I listened the soundtrack and I was like "ooooh f****......" good for us as Reylos, but Ben's fate....just nope. So when I watched the movie for the first time, I felt joy and pain at the same time, my friend helped me to feel better "Ben is now inside Rey forever, they are twin souls!". This is a way to see this end.

My second and third time, I cried again. So yes, I can't get over it lol I feel empty because I don't think we got a fair conclusion, I'm not satisfied, no matter how many times I watch it. Give me a Titanic vibe, something dramatic well explained, but not this. Looks like Ben doesn't matter. CT words didn't help at all, in fact everything is a mess, but I'm tired of being salty so I just wish this movie won't beat TLJ. I think they are noticing our disappointment.
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 31 Dec 2019, 1:42 pm

It's not selling well....when I went to see TLJ the cinema was almost full, and it was nine in the morning.

When I saw TROS there was myself and about a half dozen others.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next