Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

+33
Xylo Ren
ISeeAnIsland
EchoBase
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
MissG
guardienne
jakkusun
YoloKylo
Reylo Lemon
MyOnlyHope
BastilaBey
Moonjump05
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Airemyn
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
CienaRee
Darth Rowan
AnneNeville
MoonlitMoss
Darth Dementor
ReyofLightSide
MeadowofAshes
Kyla Ren
Rimfaxe96
Birdwoman
vaderito
SanghaRen
Force22
RKR Connection
Gemini
37 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 4 Empty Re: [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by SanghaRen Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:23 am

I never use commentaries. I tried once and after 10 minutes I stopped it. I don't like it. When I watch a movie, I am really in the movie. I prefer interviews, special features, deleted scenes and bloopers. I guess, if they had put commentaries, I would have made an exception and probably be bored. Can't imagine they would have said anything that could give us clues : "and here we have the Reylo moment... Oops, I meant the interrogation scene".

I should be able to download the movie from iTunes next week on Friday. I really hope I can watch it in English without French subtitles. I have to watch OUAT with subtitles - cannot turn them off - and it annoys me because obviously my eyes catch the French words and I can't help then reading in French and listening in English and it's just really tiring. Many years ago I went to see a movie in OV in the german-speaking part of Switzerland. They had subtitles in German and French. That was a nightmare :-) I was always thinking "don't read, don't read, ignore the subtitles". Don't know if they still do that.

I will also get the blu-ray end of the month. Yes, I purchased both digital and blu-ray. I seriously worry about my mental health...

Do they have bloopers and outtakes? I so wanted to see Adam trip on his robes and Daisy fall on the ground in the faint/catch scene
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 4 Empty [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by Gemini Fri 08 Apr 2016, 6:37 am

Ok so I think its safe to say that the US version of the blu ray has reylo themes on the packaging

we have 10 days to go over here before I get my hands on both of these:

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_AgIm3VKv-zqKQmZ4eHBHOUk1WQgnCXBm4sfjq4h2v0UUFxwsxg

Im going to rip them open immediately and see what's on the inside of these boxes..my prediction will be that Rey is on the inside of the dark side one and Ren is on the inside of the light side one and that these boxes are feeding into that Yin and Yang theme.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 4 Empty Re: [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by EchoBase Fri 08 Apr 2016, 7:07 am

Sometimes I hate to live here. We have 20 days to go Sad. And the only special edition we get is the steelbook-version.

If you are right, then I will order them, too. Very Happy
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Fri 08 Apr 2016, 3:29 pm

All Blu-ray/DVD/DD discussions have been merged into one thread.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Fri 08 Apr 2016, 4:28 pm

Out here in California, the advertising for TFA Blue Ray/DVD is interesting: One version is the original footage from the official trailer. Second version they have footage with Rey, Ren in the forest where he sticks his lightsaber in her face, her stating to him that he is afraid he is not as strong as Darth Vader and finally they show the Cliffside scene along with Kylo staring at her while her eyes are closed. Interesting choices. Smile

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Fri 08 Apr 2016, 5:16 pm

I
AnneNeville wrote:@SoloSideCousin GIFs and short clips are indeed very dangerous. Clips of actors rehearsing at half and quarter speed with the (documentary) cameras placed somewhere other where the film-cameras were are can be quite misleading.

The saber-lock waltz moment is so tempting to romanticize, but it is a second that they did not focus on in such a way to show "dancing" in the film. I would call that rehearsal, not a storytelling choice. If it were a storytelling choice, we would see that moment. The intense eye contact between AD and DR was, I believe, two actors rehearsing a potentially dangerous moment that needed their entire focus.

The moments I cited with Kylo walking away from Finn are mushier. They show more than a moment, and seemingly were taken during the actual shooting of those scenes, not during rehearsal. They show something of what the original "intention" and "choreography" of the moment was. Those little things (Kylo's face slap, his shove of Finn towards the tree, the distance he actually walked away from Finn while he was down on the ground, the fact that it was towards Rey) can tell us something, yes. Something about what the acting choices might have been.

That said, they lost those details when they chose the mid-shots and closeups. Ultimately, those parts were not the most important aspects of the story to tell to the director.

Microexpressions are fascinating, and AD's expressiveness is a big part of what makes him sympathetic. But I can promise that he didn't stand in front of a mirror and plan those micro-moments out. Wink It's part of the fabric of his performance. Directors probably took the takes that best told their visual story, leaving a number of other versions on the cutting room floor.
@AnneNeville

-

This.
All of this, above.

Quoting so folks will re-read it as it speaks volumes.

It is important to not over analyze scenes never intended to be included in the actual film, exspecially rehearsal segments.
Fun to watch, yes, and interesting to see what goes into making a scene take place....but beware of the temptation to 'over analyze'.

Waves
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Fri 08 Apr 2016, 5:30 pm

@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

It's a really great moment, but with my background I can't look at that GIF and see anything other than the actors rehearsing fight choreography. I've seen it done many times before--practicing dangerous things lends itself to a certain intensity of focus. Wink

It'll be good for inspiring some fanfiction scenarios and artwork, I am certain!
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Fri 08 Apr 2016, 5:43 pm

AnneNeville wrote:@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

It's a really great moment, but with my background I can't look at that GIF and see anything other than the actors rehearsing fight choreography. I've seen it done many times before--practicing dangerous things lends itself to a certain intensity of focus. Wink

It'll be good for inspiring some fanfiction scenarios and artwork, I am certain!
@AnneNeville

-

Oh absolutely.
I was looking at that clip with the same eyes you were.
That is what happens when you are into that kind of work, apparently.

The still shot making the rounds from that rehearsal is fabulous eye candy, for sure.
It will definitely be inspiring some fantastic imagining !
Approves
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Fri 08 Apr 2016, 6:17 pm

@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

That emoji is great for the context of fanfiction. Can I raise you this one? Mwehe
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 08 Apr 2016, 6:19 pm

Guys, can anyone make a clip out of Documentary's "family history" montage? Also, if you've seen it what do you think? Ben's inclusion is significant, IMO.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Fri 08 Apr 2016, 6:58 pm

Gemini wrote:Us poor Europeans cant get our hands on the film until 17th of April Mad
@Gemini

17th of April? Well you're lucky then - release in Germany is April 28. Shocked
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Fri 08 Apr 2016, 11:12 pm

It looks like the Target DVD extras were a lot better. They show some of the filming of the interrogation scene. Unfortunately Daisy calls it the "torture scene" but said Adam made her feel better during it.I saw this on tumblr.

also, much like the Kylo yelling "Traitor!" scene, they filmed one of him yelling "Stop!"
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Sat 09 Apr 2016, 11:56 am

-

So if I am understanding correctly reading elsewhere, the US Dvd release that is the Target exclusive contains additional bonus features, but those are for downloading only...they are not contained on the actual disc itself.

The standard, basic US Dvd release contains bonus features as well I am assuming, yes?
I ask because I saw the packaging recently in my travels and I did not see any mention of any bonus material at all.
This is the standard DVD only release....not the US Blue Ray + DVD + Digital multi pack release.
The multi pack packaging clearly lists all the included bonus materials, but I see it lacking in the DVD only release.

I will eventually pick up a copy of the basic Dvd in the future when the price comes down after initial release...but wanted to ask here if that version has any of the bonus material.

Thanks in advance from your humble radar technician.
These multiple release formats get very confusing.
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 09 Apr 2016, 12:01 pm

I don't know about the other versions, but we bought the digital download version from Amazon. It's got the BTS documentary, deleted scenes, etc.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:24 pm

I've found the two Target Bonus Features on youtube:

[removed]

If this isn't allowed Mods - please remove! Wink

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed bootleg video)

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:00 pm

LOL JJ at 6:27 takes off his glasses because whatever was on the screen was amazing!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 09 Apr 2016, 3:03 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:I've found the two Target Bonus Features on youtube:

[removed]

@AppleCrumble122

I had seen this before at a friend's house. (I myself bought the Amazon Blu ray + DVD + digital + bonus features; not bad for $19.)

The interview with Daisy and John is interesting. They keep highlighting how their real life connection/way of speaking to each other was written into the Finn and Rey interactions. But in RL these two actors are friends without romantic tension. It can't get any clearer than that, imo. FinnRey is friendship/family. Romance? Nein.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 3:10 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:I've found the two Target Bonus Features on youtube:

[removed]

@AppleCrumble122

I had seen this before at a friend's house. (I myself bought the Amazon Blu ray + DVD + digital + bonus features; not bad for $19.)

The interview with Daisy and John is interesting. They keep highlighting how their real life connection/way of speaking to each other was written into the Finn and Rey interactions. But in RL these two actors are friends without romantic tension. It can't get any clearer than that, imo. FinnRey is friendship/family. Romance? Nein.
@Darth Rowan

That's exactly what I thought while watching it. Looks like that's another little piece of evidence that Reylo will be endgame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sat 09 Apr 2016, 5:34 pm

Me finally sitting down to watch TFA on DVD after a long week of work:
[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 4 Chair1
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 5:35 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:Me finally sitting down to watch TFA on DVD after a long week of work:
[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 4 Chair1
@Xylo Ren

Enjoy! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sun 10 Apr 2016, 9:40 am

Seeing the BTS for the interrogation scene and how much JJ was involved- no way any subtext was an accident.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 10 Apr 2016, 10:05 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:Seeing the BTS for the interrogation scene and how much JJ was involved- no way any subtext was an accident.
@ReyofLightSide

Of course, it's a pivotal scene. It's "the scene".
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 10 Apr 2016, 10:23 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:Seeing the BTS for the interrogation scene and how much JJ was involved- no way any subtext was an accident.
@ReyofLightSide

Of course, it's a pivotal scene. It's "the scene".
@Maria Antonietta

Yeah, Rey's interrogation and Han's death are the two most important scenes in the movie IMO. They are "the scenes" that set up the narratives for the other two films. Han's death establishes redemption arc and Rey's interrogation establishes force bond and sexual attraction plus Ben's compassion for Rey. He was obviously careful with all the other scenes too, but I bet JJ was on these two scenes like a hawk. I'd love to know just how many hours were put into these scenes on the cutting room alone.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 10 Apr 2016, 4:14 pm

DVD Scene Selection titles for Kylo/Rey scenes...my favorite is "Kylo finds Rey"...and find her, he does Cool
Scene #s and titles
5. Kylo Ren (they literally name a whole scene after him, bada**mf)
7. Rey
11. Interrogation (Poe & Ren)
20. Kylo is Updated (when he spazzes over "what girl")
33. Kylo Finds Rey Twisted Evil
36. Rey Imprisoned
43. Father and Son
44. Dark Forest (Kylo and Finn)
46. Forest Duel (Kylo and Rey)
49. Finding the Father Master
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 10 Apr 2016, 4:18 pm

Like that they used "find" instead of "capture" or "abduct"
Also like the last scene, where she meets Luke as "finding the master"
Thought it was interesting that "forest" is used twice, they really did want to drive home the significance of them being in a forest (fairy tale imagery, methinks)
Wonder why Poe's is considered interrogation while hers is considered imprisonment? Maybe means nothing.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next