Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

+45
Rogue Rey
Hasi
BenRey
Magnolia_3.0
motherofpearl1
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
Mana
spacebaby45678
snufkin
MeadowofAshes
Saracene
ZioRen
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
IoJovi
AnnLouise
BastilaBey
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Darth Dingbat
Force22
Jozie
Airemyn
Search Your Feelings
SanghaRen
Maria26
Queen Rey
MyOnlyHope
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Gemini
Zeralyos
rey09
Helix
Xylo Ren
ISeeAnIsland
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
MoonFyre
panki
Darth Dementor
AnneNeville
RKR Connection
MoonlitMoss
49 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by Xylo Ren Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:43 pm

vaderito wrote:JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Tumblr_myqsjmzSv01ry5glmo1_500

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 ZvaZDK

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Latest?cb=20131029201411

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Tumblr_nzmywwvArw1v1u56ko1_500

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Tumblr_lvgiuaoB5p1r6w4oyo1_250

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-14918-1375381206-6

OHMY GOSH I JUST DIED

RALPH MACCHIO IS REYLO/JJ/TFA/LUCASFILM/LOGIC and JOHNNY IS THE ANTI/HATERS

*ascends to Reylo heaven*
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:45 pm

OMG! I am on a road trip to Rocky Point Mexico and JJ drops the JOINT!

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Excitement-Meryl-Streep-After-Patricia-Arquette-Acceptance-Speech
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:45 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
IoJovi wrote:Pablo, Pablo, Pablo....never change.

We all knew this day would come right? I mean, I watched The Force Awakens and wondered about the strange interactions Rey had with Kylo. I brought this up to my husband, and his first words were, "You know they're probably related, right?" I was perplexed. I thought, why in the world would they put that kind of subtext in the movie if they're related?

Still...this is so utterly satisfying I can't stand it!
@IoJovi

EXACTLY. Even if Reylo doesn't turn out to be endgame (I still think it will be), it is now incredibly hard for people to deny that Kylo looks at Rey with attraction. They hired Adam Driver from his acting in Girls where he plays a highly sexually charged character. He knows what he is doing in those scenes, it's not by accident.
@BastilaBey

I've gone back and forth over these past months, but I'm actually convinced Reylo is endgame. My 100% conviction started maybe two to three weeks ago, and it wasn't one specific thing that brought me to this determination. I will say though, the easter eggs we've been finding have helped. The more I think about it just like @frolickingfizzgig says, Star Wars is a coming of age story that is ever optimistic. Leaving Han and Leia's only son to fall to the dark permanently doesn't fit with this, and neither does either Ren or Rey dying in a bittersweet moment right after one confesses their love.

This ST continues to be about the Skywalkers - one by birth and the other by marriage.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:47 pm

Folks,  let's remember the no bashing rule. If you have in your messages, I'd appreciate it if you'd redact the references.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:48 pm

My,my how the attitude towards Rey from the Rey Skywalker camp has changed.Not on,y do they call her a Mary Sue now but they're also claiming she's not an interesting character on her own and that the Skywalkers are much more important than her.What happened to adorable cinnamon,heroic Rey who would save the Skywalker family and restore it to goodness once again?I guess now that it's revealed she doesn't have Skywalker blood in her they no longer care about her.I can't,I really can't with these people.I want to feel sorry for them but their attitude is just so off putting.
It's like they forget that originally SW began as a take about a nobody going in on adventure and finding a new family.It's all about the Skywalker family for them and the ones who're not related to them are deemed uninteresting or useless to the narrative. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by CienaRee on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:50 pm

@CienaRee

Double standard hypocrites. If Rey was a man, their attitude wouldn't have turned like that! Just... ugh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:51 pm

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Happy-Loki-GIF
JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Giphy

OOooh Tusken Raider Parallel because her father was attacked by them!
PSYCH---HE'S NOT HER FATHER!!!!!!!!

To haters/anti's/denialville citizens:
JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 S9n9X5

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Giphy
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:52 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:@CienaRee

Double standard hypocrites. If Rey was a man, their attitude wouldn't have turned like that! Just... ugh!
@AppleCrumble122

A Rey Skywalker fan actually said Rey wouldn't be well received if she wasn't a female. Shocked

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:53 pm

CienaRee wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:@CienaRee

@AppleCrumble122

A Rey Skywalker fan actually said Rey wouldn't be well received if she wasn't a female. Shocked
@CienaRee

I don't even...................

Well I guess the joke's on them. Rey was a massive critical hit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:02 pm

Little kids love Rey and I'm guessing they never cared about the Skywalker business. That's what those who were fiercely advocating for Rey Skywalker never understood. The majority of the audience these movies are made for love Rey for being Rey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:02 pm

Moved to the Rey Lineage thread.

Last edited by AppleCrumble122 on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:04 pm

I like how this is causing people to say the OT3 were failures?? People are so dramatic. This is the first film in the trilogy...
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:07 pm

IMO,you know Rey Sjywalker fans are desperate when they're coming up with a new theory about how Rey can still be a Skywalker but coming from a different branch if the Skywalker family.I'm not making fun of these guys,really that's not my intention at all but how does that make any sense at all?Like,seriously.It's the same thing with JJ saying parents in plural term which to them still means Kuke could be Rey's father even though JJ was answering a question about who Rey's parents are that's why he used the plural term.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:15 pm

I asked the person who condescendingly looked down on me for not seeing the "obvious" Rey Skywalker yesterday. I wonder what he or she is thinking now. I'm curious to the reaction. Joseph Campbell parallels ain't gonna save you now!! I really don't feel bad for any of them. Leave SW good riddance.

But anyway

Rey is not a Skywalker confirmed.
Kylo Ren is the last Skywalker confirmed.
Reylo babies confirmed

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:18 pm

OMG full metal melt down,

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Z

Last edited by MoonlitMoss on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : content removed)
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:19 pm

"I've been waiting for this day for a long time." Lolilol

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:21 pm

Sigh: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/15/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams-rey-parents

UPDATE: After the Q&A, EW caught up with J.J. Abrams and he clarified his comments. The director says he was only trying to point out that The Force Awakens builds up the mystery of Rey’s parents without resolving it. “What I meant was that she doesn’t discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world,” Abrams said.

Last edited by AnneNeville on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:22 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 3 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-14918-1375381206-6

OHMY GOSH I JUST DIED

*ascends to Reylo heaven*[/quote]
@Xylo Ren

That gif is life giving so I'm reposting!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:25 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Sigh: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/15/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams-rey-parents

UPDATE: After the Q&A, EW caught up with J.J. Abrams and he clarified his comments. The director says he was only trying to point out that The Force Awakens builds up the mystery of Rey’s parents without resolving it. “What I meant was that she doesn’t discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world,” Abrams said.
@AnneNeville

LOL, he said on a video "they are not in Episode VII" and Pablo pretty much confirmed it with his snarky tweet. This is just lame attempt at damage control.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Zeralyos Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:26 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Sigh: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/15/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams-rey-parents

@AnneNeville

I honestly don't think this update changes anything.
Zeralyos
Zeralyos
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:26 pm

Hmmmm... Sad
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:26 pm

vaderito wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:

OHMY GOSH I JUST DIED

*ascends to Reylo heaven*
@Xylo Ren

That gif is life giving so I'm reposting!
[/quote]
@vaderito

1. One of my top ten favorite childhood movies of all time
2. One of the best movie scenes/finales/triumphant moments of all time
3. Irrefutably the most appropriate gif for what this night means to us all

Well done, my friend.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:28 pm

Me neither but it will extend the argument. Plus it needed to be posted for fairness and thoroughness' sake.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next