Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

+45
Rogue Rey
Hasi
BenRey
Magnolia_3.0
motherofpearl1
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
Mana
spacebaby45678
snufkin
MeadowofAshes
Saracene
ZioRen
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
IoJovi
AnnLouise
BastilaBey
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Darth Dingbat
Force22
Jozie
Airemyn
Search Your Feelings
SanghaRen
Maria26
Queen Rey
MyOnlyHope
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
Gemini
Zeralyos
rey09
Helix
Xylo Ren
ISeeAnIsland
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
MoonFyre
panki
Darth Dementor
AnneNeville
RKR Connection
MoonlitMoss
49 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 10 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by BastilaBey Sat 16 Apr 2016, 12:17 pm

Last edited by BastilaBey on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 10 Empty Re: JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII"

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 12:19 pm

@BastilaBey

Holy moly! Where was this?!

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 16 Apr 2016, 12:20 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:@BastilaBey

@AppleCrumble122

I just saw it on tumblr but haven't been over to E! news to check it out directly yet
http://loveyournightmare.tumblr.com/post/142904118274/pacificwanderer-kylo-rey-of-light-so-we-made
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 12:20 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Nothing even remotely positive about it other than "Luke gets a kid". Yeah, a kid he either abandoned, didn't know existed or was too weak to sense was still alive.
@FrolickingFizzgig

There was an especially adamant Rey Skywalker fanatic on another website who clearly had no idea how the Force works. Last night, she kept going on and on about how Luke probably thought his daughter was dead and that's why he never came for her. Which, to me, really exposes the Rey Skywalker theorists as being ignorant on the subject and wanting something for the sake of coolness. I'm not a master of SW lore at all, but after watching the movies and reading the novelizations carefully, I was able to go in there and give her the virtual smackdown on how her 'reasoning' is basically impossible. Never got a response because she simply does not have the ammunition to fire back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 12:22 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:@BastilaBey

@AppleCrumble122

I just saw it on tumblr but haven't been over to E! news to check it out directly yet
http://loveyournightmare.tumblr.com/post/142904118274/pacificwanderer-kylo-rey-of-light-so-we-made
@BastilaBey

Thanks! Ha I like the Force Bond is a "theory boosted by Mark Hamill" part. Daisy also boosted it in her Q&A with StarWars.com Wink.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Apr 2016, 12:23 pm

It's nice that these people try to write articles, but they always get stuff wrong. We don't expect Rey to redeem him and lead him back to the light. We expect Kylo to redeem himself as a result of being seduced by Rey's light. I absolutely can't see Rey going on some mission to save Kylo. Coming to terms with the dark and light within him has to be his personal journey, and while Rey will surely influence him a great deal, she doesn't exist to urge him to redeem himself. That has to be his choice and his choice alone.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 16 Apr 2016, 12:25 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:It's nice that these people try to write articles, but they always get stuff wrong. We don't expect Rey to redeem him and lead him back to the light. We expect Kylo to redeem himself as a result of being seduced by Rey's light. I absolutely can't see Rey going on some mission to save Kylo. Coming to terms with the dark and light within him has to be his personal journey, and while Rey will surely influence him a great deal, she doesn't exist to urge him to redeem himself. That has to be his choice and his choice alone.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I agree and not to be a snob, but, this is E! news. We can't expect them to spend an awful lot of time looking into it and reading our metas, haha. The beauty and the beast trope is often misunderstood as one where the beauty 'rescues' the beast and he is simply changed through her compassion alone, maybe that's just how some people interpret the story. It's not the interpretation we have, but what can you do?
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 16 Apr 2016, 12:59 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Did you guys see this? Reylo in the news again

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 10 Tumblr10
JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 10 Tumblr11

Eta: here is the article! http://www.eonline.com/news/757403/j-j-abrams-says-rey-s-parents-not-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens-then-clarifies-comments
@BastilaBey

REYLO IS CONQUERING THE GALAXY YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 1:14 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Nothing even remotely positive about it other than "Luke gets a kid". Yeah, a kid he either abandoned, didn't know existed or was too weak to sense was still alive.
@FrolickingFizzgig

There was an especially adamant Rey Skywalker fanatic on another website who clearly had no idea how the Force works. Last night, she kept going on and on about how Luke probably thought his daughter was dead and that's why he never came for her. Which, to me, really exposes the Rey Skywalker theorists as being ignorant on the subject and wanting something for the sake of coolness. I'm not a master of SW lore at all, but after watching the movies and reading the novelizations carefully, I was able to go in there and give her the virtual smackdown on how her 'reasoning' is basically impossible. Never got a response because she simply does not have the ammunition to fire back.
@WhatGirl

I'm no master of SW lore but I'm a master of Rey Skywalker lore and it's based 100% on theories (yes, a theory based on theories) and 0% on what's in the movie. So this is Rey Skywalker lore(bolded):

Luke left Rey on Jakku for protection.

What protection? She wasn't placed in a nice family. She was dumped to Unkar Plutt. Moreover, what could possibly make Luke do that?

Are you stupid? He tried to protect her from Snoke.

By dumping her to Unkar Plutt? And than continuing to train Jedi students like nothing happened while his sister's family were powerful politicians? I don't get it.

No you idiot! He saved her from Jedi Academy massacre!

But those 2 events are not related! She was dumped years before the massacre. And it still doesn't make sense that he would dump her and take off in unknown direction instead of taking her with him.

Who says they are not related?

Pablo Hidalgo.

He's lying.

No he's not but even if he did why didn't Luke take his kid with him? She's surely more protected from Snoke in uncharted part of space than in FO ruled outer rim.

Than Kylo dumped her because he couldn't kill his little cousin and lied to Luke that she was dead. Luke would only leave if he thought his daughter was dead.

But wouldn't there be a body and wouldn't Luke, a powerful FS, feel that she was alive? Leia felt when Han died and Han isn't FS.

Kylo could have clouded Luke's feelings or Snoke could have done that.

Kylo's powerful enough to cloud Luke's mind? Okay.

Either way, Luke thought she was dead and built her a grave on Achh-to.

That's a rock. There are rocks and the one that some thought was a grave is now revealed to be a rock.

She's a Skywalker. Maybe Luke had an affair and didn't know he had a child

So did he know and dump her or did he not know? Make up your mind.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:41 pm

Force22 wrote:@vaderito  awesome compilation. You just forgot one theory:

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 10 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFmMbRc0ZzZp7-6eToNDY8kI2mAVs5thNlZy9mwXt3Nhy4HRv5kQ

My favourite is the one that Kylo drops Rey on Jakku and wipes everyone's minds including his own.
@Force22
And their minds are wiped in different ways somehow. Because that makes so much sense.

> Rey remembers nothing about her abandonment or her life before she was on Jakku
> Luke, Han, Leia and Kylo and Chewie remember everything... except Rey?
> Shouldn't mind-wiping in the same story always work the same way?
> And if nobody knows how will Rey ever find out???

I love how everything banks on this last theory, and it's the most nonsensical of them all.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:42 pm

Force22 wrote:@vaderito  awesome compilation. You just forgot one theory:

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 10 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFmMbRc0ZzZp7-6eToNDY8kI2mAVs5thNlZy9mwXt3Nhy4HRv5kQ

My favourite is the one that Kylo drops Rey on Jakku and wipes everyone's minds including his own.
@Force22

[redacted] lol!

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no bashing)
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:45 pm

This really explains well why JJ's backpeddaling is as bad as it gets. Oh, JJ:

I understand, but I’m with @starwarsnonsense on this. (I mean the post here.) Much as I’ve been complaining about the mystery box and the way they apparently love to manipulate and mess with the fans’ heads (and I think I’ve complained about it too much lately), I think JJ’s original comment combined with Pablo’s comments can be read as a pretty straightforward debunking. JJ coming out with it gave Pablo leeway to be more straightforward. Kylo is the Skywalker in TFA. Unless that’s an outright lie, how could it be more clear?
Even JJ’s subsequent backtracking in no way states that Rey might still possibly be a Skywalker, if you ask me. Even if the purpose was to obfuscate and leave things up in the air, the wording is interesting. ‘She doesn’t discover them.’ And yet, in the end she does discover Luke - that was the very purpose of the journey she was sent on.

(via a-shipper-despite-herself)
Also it’s just not very good backtracking. “Rey’s parents aren’t in Episode VII” and “Rey didn’t discover her parents in Episode VII” are in no way equivalent statements. I don’t think anyone would say one if the meant the other. Especially considering that the backpedaling explanation is a completely pointless thing to say because anyone who saw the Force Awakens knows she didn’t discover her parents in it.
Basically, J.J. answered a question he shouldn’t have answered and is now doing damage control. Poorly.

http://kylo-rey-all-day-erry-day.tumblr.com/
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:48 pm

Not to mention Rey has (presumably) kept the same hairstyle over the years (probably in the hope that her family would recognise her) and yet, wouldn't Kylo Ren think that was too much of a coincidence and recognise his "cousin" straight away? Especially if he was the one to drop her off with that hairstyle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:03 pm

Force22 wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:Not to mention Rey has (presumably) kept the same hairstyle over the years (probably in the hope that her family would recognise her) and yet, wouldn't Kylo Ren think that was too much of a coincidence and recognise his "cousin" straight away? Especially if he was the one to drop her off with that hairstyle.    
@AppleCrumble122

that's where the memory wipe theories come in...
@Force22

*tries to hold it in* ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:06 pm

Force22 wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:Not to mention Rey has (presumably) kept the same hairstyle over the years (probably in the hope that her family would recognise her) and yet, wouldn't Kylo Ren think that was too much of a coincidence and recognise his "cousin" straight away? Especially if he was the one to drop her off with that hairstyle.
@AppleCrumble122

@Force22

Wait, Kylo's memory of Rey's hairstyle is wiped? Holy sith! This is HUGE! affraid affraid affraid
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:11 pm

vaderito wrote:This really explains well why JJ's backpeddaling is as bad as it gets. Oh, JJ:

I understand, but I’m with @starwarsnonsense on this. (I mean the post here.) Much as I’ve been complaining about the mystery box and the way they apparently love to manipulate and mess with the fans’ heads (and I think I’ve complained about it too much lately), I think JJ’s original comment combined with Pablo’s comments can be read as a pretty straightforward debunking. JJ coming out with it gave Pablo leeway to be more straightforward. Kylo is the Skywalker in TFA. Unless that’s an outright lie, how could it be more clear?
Even JJ’s subsequent backtracking in no way states that Rey might still possibly be a Skywalker, if you ask me. Even if the purpose was to obfuscate and leave things up in the air, the wording is interesting. ‘She doesn’t discover them.’ And yet, in the end she does discover Luke - that was the very purpose of the journey she was sent on.

(via a-shipper-despite-herself)
Also it’s just not very good backtracking. “Rey’s parents aren’t in Episode VII” and “Rey didn’t discover her parents in Episode VII” are in no way equivalent statements. I don’t think anyone would say one if the meant the other. Especially considering that the backpedaling explanation is a completely pointless thing to say because anyone who saw the Force Awakens knows she didn’t discover her parents in it.
Basically, J.J. answered a question he shouldn’t have answered and is now doing damage control. Poorly.

http://kylo-rey-all-day-erry-day.tumblr.com/
@vaderito
JJ didn't even care enough to come up with a good excuse (because he couldn't). He chose not to lie to that kid at an obscure event, and while he listened to whatever call he got about his NDA, his secondary statement really says nothing. And he knows that. The subsequent comments from other production members who didn't know about the "retraction" say a lot.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:14 pm

Force22 wrote:
Don't laugh.
@Force22

Are you serious?

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents are not in Episode VII" - Page 10 F5yiWCl

@FrolickingFizzgig Yeah, production team members reaction before getting NDA reminder is priceless.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:16 pm

Force22 wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Force22 wrote:
@AppleCrumble122

@Force22

Wait, Kylo's memory of Rey's hairstyle is wiped? Holy sith! This is HUGE! affraid affraid affraid
@vaderito

Don't laugh. Basically he wiped everyone's memories so they don't remember her, and his own memory as well. That explains why nobody recognizes her, not even Kylo, and why she doesn't remember who her parents are. It explains why nobody looked for her, why perhaps Luke continued with his Academy or whatever...

The question is how anyone is going to know who Rey is. Well, Maz can help, since she knows the family, and didn't have her memory wiped. Or something.
@Force22

Oh of course he did! No wonder Han and Leia didn't recognise their long lost niece! But Leia must've felt their familial bond through the Force, because that's why she hugged Rey! Oh gosh, it all makes sense now! affraid I can't believe I never saw it before! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:17 pm

Force22 wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Force22 wrote:
@AppleCrumble122

@Force22

@vaderito

Don't laugh. Basically he wiped everyone's memories so they don't remember her, and his own memory as well. That explains why nobody recognizes her, not even Kylo, and why she doesn't remember who her parents are. It explains why nobody looked for her, why perhaps Luke continued with his Academy or whatever...

The question is how anyone is going to know who Rey is. Well, Maz can help, since she knows the family, and didn't have her memory wiped. Or something.
@Force22

That sounds like a remarkably poorly thought out plan to me. What's to prevent him from running into her one day and accidentally falling in love with...

Ohhh. I see... ooooohhhhh.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:25 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The subsequent comments from other production members who didn't know about the "retraction" say a lot.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Wait, when was this? Are you talking about Daisy and Pablo, or someone else comment as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:35 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The subsequent comments from other production members who didn't know about the "retraction" say a lot.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Wait, when was this? Are you talking about Daisy and Pablo, or someone else comment as well?
@AppleCrumble122
Just Ridley and Pablo. I don't think there were any others. They just seemed so relieved... xD

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next