Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think will be the "No, I am your father!" ("NOOOOOO!") Moment?

+16
SanghaRen
Force22
thejediskywalker
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
MeadowofAshes
Mana
MoonFyre
Gemini
MissG
ISeeAnIsland
Sylvia Snow
IoJovi
CienaRee
Kyla Ren
snufkin
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you think will be the "No, I am your father!" ("NOOOOOO!") Moment?  Empty What do you think will be the "No, I am your father!" ("NOOOOOO!") Moment?

Post by snufkin Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:44 am

We're all kind of familiar with Star Wars Ring Theory [http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/ and https://www.vice.com/read/this-guy-spent-two-years-writing-one-article-about-how-the-star-wars-prequels-didnt-suck-106], right? And that the popular expectation for the next movie is that because TFA brought up so many of the familiar beats and callbacks from the original movie that the next one being "Dark and Weird" (Lawrence Kasdan) means that it will mirror the structure of the Empire Strikes Back:

What do you think will be the "No, I am your father!" ("NOOOOOO!") Moment?  SW-Table21

So there's going to be an expectation of some kind of shocking twist and having read enough comments on the Internet, I know what most people think ("Rey is Luke's daughter") while thinking that it'll go the route of revealing Rey and Ren's destinies are linked in a way that shocks both her and the audience. I would love to hear what theories people have about that particular twist or what else they think might happen.

As for our favorite pair of space nerds, I would guess that it'll be something along the lines of "you're permanently stuck with this horrible murderous person through a Force Bond" (she'll be horrified, he'll probably feel like he won the Lottery) or "flirting with the Darkside" means that she ditches Luke as a teacher and runs off with Ren.

Any thoughts? I definitely don't think she's going to turn out to be anybody's clone.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

What do you think will be the "No, I am your father!" ("NOOOOOO!") Moment?  Empty Re: What do you think will be the "No, I am your father!" ("NOOOOOO!") Moment?

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 25 Apr 2016, 1:31 am

The clone theory is the worst. I don't know, I cannot imagine a big wtf moment, for now
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

What do you think will be the "No, I am your father!" ("NOOOOOO!") Moment?  Empty Re: What do you think will be the "No, I am your father!" ("NOOOOOO!") Moment?

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 25 Apr 2016, 3:52 am

I kind of think the new twist might have something to do with Rey’s family having some kind of connection to the First Order/Empire/Dark Side.  I also think that maybe an even bigger twist might involve Luke and what happened to Rey’s parents.  It might not be that he killed one or both of them personally, but I wonder if maybe he had something to do with some kind of purge or “witch hunt” of First Order or Imperial sympathizers or something like that and they were killed that way.  Luke did NOT look happy to see Rey at the end of TFA.  And he looked even less happy (to put it mildly) in that short teaser clip from Episode VIII that we got a few months ago.  When I saw it I remember thinking that Luke must have done something really bad.  I mean, I really think there is more to his self-imposed exile than just him running off because Kylo or whoever it was turned against him and destroyed his academy.

Of course, to some people, finding out that Rey is not Luke’s daughter might be the biggest shock/twist/”Noooooooo!” moment of all. Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 25 Apr 2016, 4:30 am

Kylo will drop the I love you bomb
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 25 Apr 2016, 4:34 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:Kylo will drop the I love you bomb
@Maria Antonietta

That would be awesome! Smile  Or maybe they'll kiss. Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:08 am

Kyla Ren wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@Kyla Ren

God, that would be perfect
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:17 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@Kyla Ren

God, that would be perfect
@Maria Antonietta

To quote everyone's favorite radar technician, "Yes, exactly, EXACTLY!" Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Mon 25 Apr 2016, 9:06 am

Well,this episode not having any shockong revelation would be shocking for sure. Laughing lol!

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 25 Apr 2016, 9:23 am

Kylo and Rey kissing, somehow unexpectedly and the antis in the audience screaming "nooooooo."
While I raise my arms in victory and high-five you all mentally. Smile
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 25 Apr 2016, 9:31 am

I really really believe the I LOVE YOU bomb will be the big shocking twist / I am your Father moment of the trilogy. If we follow the rhyme of the previous trilogy, we had Luke who found a father figure/mentor in Obi Wan. The ST shows Han being Rey's father figure/mentor. In the OT, it is Vader who kills Obi Wan. In the ST, we all know Kylo Ren kills Han. In ESB, the shocking reveal was between the protagonist (Luke) and the antagonist (Vader). It was the familial connection of Father and Son.

In this ST, there is also a connection between the antagonist and the protagonist (Ren and Rey). We all know the dude is head over heels. I don't think it will be a shock to anybody here on this site, but to the majority of the GA audience who think she's Luke, they will fall out of their seats!

I mean, can you imagine, "Rey, I am your cousin!" Neither can I....
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Mon 25 Apr 2016, 10:49 am

Totally rooting for the I LOVE YOU bomb but I wonder how will they reveal it? Kylo is a Skywalker and a Solo so he could confess to Rey in a near death experience like Han and Leia at the end of ESB. Maybe VIII could end with Kylo's love confession and his "supposedly death" while protect her
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:19 pm

I'm really torn between thinking that it'll be the "I love you bomb" and/or accompanying kiss and a reveal about Rey's origins. I fully expect that we'll get both of those at some point in VIII and IX, I'm just not sure about the pacing.

Another candidate would be Kylo Ren's heel turn of the KOR-in-the-rain scene from the vision where he saves Rey from one of his own knights.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:44 pm

If they go full Force Bond, that would be shocking to her (and probably hilarious because he'll react like he won the lottery being bonded for life to his crush). I'd love to see more about how his betrayal/allying with Snoke is maybe grounded in the heroic trio being more grey/fallable as both his caretakers and leaders of the galaxy. Moar complexity, plz! That would freak out a lot of fans already, on top of any potential romantic subplot where Rey and Ren are like the Princess Bride.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Mon 25 Apr 2016, 1:32 pm

These are what I wish the twist would be:

- Ben's backstory will reveal that he was "set up" or somehow working for the Resistance but strayed from that path into the darkside
- Rey falls for awhile to the darkside (maybe connected with her parentage reveal)
- Kylo is the one to save Rey from the darkside
- The Force Bond is revealed
- Kylo is caught at the end of Ep8 by the Republic/Resistance and/or Rey is caught at the end of Ep8 by Snoke/Kylo

-
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG Mon 25 Apr 2016, 1:44 pm

Search Your Feelings wrote:These are what I wish the twist would be:

- Ben's backstory will reveal that he was "set up" or somehow working for the Resistance but strayed from that path into the darkside
- Rey falls for awhile to the darkside (maybe connected with her parentage reveal)

- Kylo is caught at the end of Ep8 by the Republic/Resistance and/or Rey is caught at the end of Ep8 by Snoke/Kylo

-
@Search Your Feelings

I was recently talking to two people on two separate occasions who aren't into Reylo, but are open minded to anything that would make the story exciting, both of them came up with the same theory of how they think Reylo might happen and they believe that Rey will briefly embrace the darkside and it would be Kylo that would bring her back. I am warming up to the idea and Rey falling would be a shocker, shades of grey everywhere...
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Mon 25 Apr 2016, 2:20 pm

The "No, Luke Skywalker kill your family" will be a shocking bomb Twisted Evil
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 25 Apr 2016, 4:21 pm

Ren and Rey banging when everyone thought they were cousins?

Just kidding but that's hilarious thought
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 25 Apr 2016, 4:26 pm

Gemini wrote:Ren and Rey banging when everyone thought they were cousins?

@Gemini

I like the idea of Ren and Rey banging BEFORE it's revealed she's not Luke's... lol!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Mon 25 Apr 2016, 6:03 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Gemini wrote:Ren and Rey banging when everyone thought they were cousins?

@Gemini

I like the idea of Ren and Rey banging BEFORE it's revealed she's not Luke's... lol!
@IoJovi

The hilarious thing is that they'll have to probably do a fade to black scene so the Reywalkers would stillbe under the delusion Kylo and Rey only kissed each other so they'll probaby be ''Well,it's just kissing Luke and Leia kissed before it was revealed they were related.'' lol!

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:22 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:The "No, Luke Skywalker kill your family" will be a shocking bomb Twisted Evil
@Sylvia Snow

This would be a good twist. Rey coming from a dark side family, pursued by Luke and the republic. She was originally dropped off on Jakku to keep her safe from the people she'll perceive as her most trusted allies later. That the cause of her family's split and her abandonment is because of Luke will break her.
MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:58 pm

If there's going to be a big reveal..its going to be between Rey and Kylo..
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 25 Apr 2016, 9:52 pm

@Maria Antonietta

THIS. 100%.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 25 Apr 2016, 10:04 pm

Mana wrote:If there's going to be a big reveal..its going to be between Rey and Kylo..
@Mana

I tend to think the parallel training storylines will build him up as being even more Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know. So when they meet up again, the expectation is that Rey's in big trouble. Except that he's finally going rogue from Snoke to pursue his true agenda, needs her help, and it slowly dawns on her that he's not there to kill her, so that subverts expectations. And I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least ask her to be his date for Prom.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 26 Apr 2016, 12:24 am

MoonFyre wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:The "No, Luke Skywalker kill your family" will be a shocking bomb Twisted Evil
@Sylvia Snow

This would be a good twist. Rey coming from a dark side family, pursued by Luke and the republic. She was originally dropped off on Jakku to keep her safe from the people she'll perceive as her most trusted allies later. That the cause of her family's split and her abandonment is because of Luke will break her.
@MoonFyre

Yes!!!! And it would cause her to flee Ach-To in confusion and to scream out into the universe in pain and fury, and through the force bond Kylo will hear her ... and he will want to find her ... and she will want to be found. From there she may want to go towards the darkness. I can't see Kylo encouraging her to want to go to Snoke. He will want to be her teacher ... but if this scenario would ever happen, both of them would be dragged in front of Snoke for bad, bad temptation to the dark, and then everyone's favorite headcanon of Kylo seeing the error of his ways through her fall and then turning on the dark and saving her from it at risk to his own life would be true. And ... and ... if the Force back really is super symbolic, that scene in the rain could really have predicted Kylo saving her from the "death of the darkness."

Actually having Luke kill and/or force her parents to take drastic action as part of his own crusade against the dark side would be a gutsy and brilliant move. It wouldn't make Luke evil. It would just make him not infallible. It would be amazingly grey ... because in the end she might have to ally with Luke.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Tue 26 Apr 2016, 12:33 am

MissG wrote:
Search Your Feelings wrote:These are what I wish the twist would be:

-
@Search Your Feelings

I was recently talking to two people on two separate occasions who aren't into Reylo, but are open minded to anything that would make the story exciting, both of them came up with the same theory of how they think Reylo might happen and they believe that Rey will briefly embrace the darkside and it would be Kylo that would bring her back. I am warming up to the idea and Rey falling would be a shocker, shades of grey everywhere...
@MissG

I 'm glad that they are willing to speculate on the possibilities and don't just give you a flat out "no way"; that they see the possibility of Rey falling to the darkside. My friends and family who aren't that into SW don't think the possibility of Reylo is a big deal and are open to the idea even if they have never thought of it or saw anything between them. I think tptb took pains to show that she has a tendency towards aggression. When I rewatched it again, it's obvious that she likes to shoot first in Takodana (and yes she was trying to save BB8) but judging by the distance the Stormies were at made it seem like she was on the attack - she really didn't have to shoot them and call attention to herself - she had nothing to gain by shooting at them and having them chase after her. She definitely could've slunk away and ran away. So that, along with how she was acting during the lightsaber fight with Kylo is setting something up for Rey to be susceptible to the darkside and will "flirt with it" for a while. She'll be that much more interesting as a character.

Imo, I don't think that Kylo will drop any "I love you" bombs during Episode 8 (and maybe not even in Ep9 depending on Safe!Disney), it's too soon, they still have to establish the motivations and backstories of Kylo and have Rey and the audience start to understand Ben Solo a bit more. Ep8 will be about confusion and the characters questioning everything (Resistance having a possibly corrupt leader with Dern, Republic being corrupt, Kylo questioning Snoke more, Rey/Kylo questioning their feelings, Luke questioning the Jedi, etc). Ep9 will be resolving those questions with grayness and acceptance. Maybe Safe!Disney will end Ep8 with a hint of Reylo feelings (maybe when Kylo saves her and turns on Snoke). Is it December 2017 yet? Evil or Very Mad

Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next