Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread

+10
MyOnlyHope
IoJovi
Search Your Feelings
MoonlitMoss
Libra Vibora
Force22
panki
Forsythia
spacebaby45678
Kylo Ren
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unscrupulous mercenaries = Scum of the Earth/Universe

"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Vote_lcap10%"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Vote_lcap5%"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Vote_lcap57%"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 12 ]
"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Vote_lcap19%"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]
"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Vote_lcap9%"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 21

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Empty Re: "I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 19 May 2016, 6:27 am

I can't claim to understand the Fett mystique... but for me it was love at first sight in ESB, just like the Knights of Ren. I think I am a sucker for bad boys with cool gadgets.. ahem ... Twisted Evil lol!
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Empty Re: "I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 19 May 2016, 6:42 am

Kylo Ren wrote:@spacebaby45678
Well...I can understand that argument....being Kylo Ren with cute outfit, helmet, sword, shuttle, hair...ahem...where was I...

Oh Yes...but Fetts are missing that key ingredients: conflict, conscience (e.g. pull to the light) and redemeability Razz

I like bad boys too....but to like irredeemable ones would be just mazochistic...lol
@Kylo Ren

Fett's have feelings too, look at this poor baby

"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread SgR3yiaE5ljl
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 19 May 2016, 7:26 am

Legendary Scum & Infamous Scoundrels, Fett's have their own lane... Evil

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Thu 19 May 2016, 7:31 am

I never understood why so many people loved Boba Fett in the OT. He never left a memorable impression on me in the few scenes he had. Young Boba was cute though, and I felt sorry for him when he lost his father.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 19 May 2016, 8:52 am

Jango Fett = meh

But Boba is interesting.....

1. He is not on either the side of the Empire or the Rebels.

2. Has some sense of honor towards fellow bounty hunters- is angry with Asajj Ventress for leaving him behind during one of their missions as bounty hunters but still saves her life on another occasion.

3. He isn't the slight bit afraid of Vader (very few people can boast of this)

4. He has awesome gadgets and jet pack armour.

5. He managed to escape getting killed in the sarlac pit (hinted in recent novels) which shows even a sarlac cannot get the better of him. Razz

If we go by the movies, he is mysterious but nothing great...and his "death" in the sarlac pit is hilarious...but if we look at his life in all the canon material, he is an interesting character.

Last edited by panki on Thu 19 May 2016, 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Libra Vibora Thu 19 May 2016, 8:58 am

I voted for "Don't give a damn." Never cared for them when I was a kid and I still don't. It's also hard for me to fathom why Boba Fett is so damn loved in spite of having five lines total in the entire OT. That said, young!Boba Fett was adorable and I did feel sorry for him when his father died.
Libra Vibora
Libra Vibora
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Thu 19 May 2016, 12:12 pm

I have never understood the obsession with Boba Fett. I think he is a pretty pointless character.  

He also seriously creeped me out in TCW.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Thu 19 May 2016, 7:51 pm

This poll is missing something!!
ESB Boba=awesome
ROTJ and PT Boba=stupid
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 19 May 2016, 8:07 pm

Gahhhh!!!! I love Boba Fett!

Let me clarify though. I loved Boba Fett more before GL gave him that ridiculous backstory in AotC. Part of Boba's appeal for me was his mysteriousness. I think GL wanted to cash in on a sleeper character that was an unexpected hit among fans. He was good the way he was. He didn't need a backstory for improvement. Nothing could have been as good as what I had built up in my head around him.

On second thought, the same reason I loved Boba so much are many of the same reasons I love Reylo. It's the mystery - wondering how much each knows about the other and where their story will go.

Even if Reylo becomes canon (which I'm sure it will just as the sun will rise), I wonder if what comes to fruition will ever be as good as my headcanon. I don't count on it, but I can always hope...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Thu 19 May 2016, 8:19 pm

I think the name is more memorable than the character.

Pretty much all I have to say on the subject.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 20 May 2016, 2:05 am

Kylo Ren wrote:
Search Your Feelings wrote:This poll is missing something!!
ESB Boba=awesome
ROTJ and PT Boba=stupid
@Search Your Feelings

Sadly I can't edit the poll...I think...I have a typo there that buggs me immensely.....argh....MODS!!!! HOW can I edit the poll!!!! I'm such a terrible typist Razz

You know I can partially see the appeal...if he doesn't talk...purely physical....because something tells me I'd shoot him if he ever opened his mouth....lol....
I had relationships with men like that....good ones....so I get you....
@Kylo Ren

I don't think the poll can be edited....but let me ask the admin if there is some way it can be done. Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Fri 20 May 2016, 2:40 am

Kylo Ren wrote:
ESB Boba=awesome
ROTJ and PT Boba=stupid
@Search Your Feelings

Sadly I can't edit the poll...I think...I have a typo there that buggs me immensely.....argh....MODS!!!! HOW can I edit the poll!!!! I'm such a terrible typist Razz

You know I can partially see the appeal...if he doesn't talk...purely physical....because something tells me I'd shoot him if he ever opened his mouth....lol....
@Kylo Ren

What's funny is there is a group of ladies who ship him with Slave Leia Shocked
Even Disney ships them Laughing
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 20 May 2016, 3:10 am

Search Your Feelings wrote:
Kylo Ren wrote:
ESB Boba=awesome
ROTJ and PT Boba=stupid
@Search Your Feelings

@Kylo Ren

What's funny is there is a group of ladies who ship him with Slave Leia Shocked
Even Disney ships them Laughing
@Search Your Feelings

This is when I wonder how people can have issues with Reylo when ships like this exist..... Evil or Very Mad

"I hate Boba Fett; and his father too" Appreciation Thread Tumblr_nzywvoqhht1qitkceo1_500

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 20 May 2016, 4:39 am

He honestly didn't even register with me when I rewatched ESB recently. So it's safe to say that his popularity baffles me.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next