Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case of Padme's importance being ignored in the SW

3 posters

Go down

The case of Padme's importance  being ignored in the SW Empty The case of Padme's importance being ignored in the SW

Post by CienaRee Wed 27 Apr 2016, 2:36 pm

I recently stumbled on these wonderful artciales about Padme:
http://eleven-thirtyeight.com/2016/04/the-case-for-more-padme-amidala/
http://fangirlblog.com/2012/01/life-and-death-of-padme/
While reading them and with Blodoline coming out soon  it made me realize how poorly Padme's bene treated not only in the movies but also in the outside material.Nopt only were crucial scenes involving her character deleted in ATOC and RTS but while so many books and comis have focused on Vader and now in the ST his legacy Padme hasn't bene granted the same honour.I mean besides being the freaking mother of Luke and Leia and grandmother of Kylo she was also the main reason Anakin became Darth Vader.In addition to that she was also the mainforce   behind  Palpatine roose to power  while also going  against him a couple of  times surpirisng even Palpatine himself which is not an easy thing to do.But apart from that she dedicated her entire life to serving the Republic.First when  when  was a queen of Naboo  when she was onl fourteen and later a Sanator when she could have refused.She was also one of the founders of the Rebellion which her children will later take part in.
It's great that we're getting a Leia book and while I'm a big fan of hers I aways felt more attached to Padme in a way probably because she was idealist like I am.I know the prequals are viewed pretty negatively by fans and authors probably want to avoid writing about that time period for that reason but think a character who spend her entire life fighting for democracy and piece while sacarficing her own personal happines in the prcoess  deserves to be acknowedged by the SW universe as well as you know being part of the Skywalker family which the saga centers around.
So in cocnlsuion stop ignroign Padme Amidala and her legacy,LucasFilm.She deserves much better that that. Evil or Very Mad

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The case of Padme's importance  being ignored in the SW Empty Re: The case of Padme's importance being ignored in the SW

Post by Mana Wed 27 Apr 2016, 4:41 pm

Luke and Liea's mother didn't even have a name in ROTJ... Sad maybe even then GL didn't think that  she was that important or that hers and Anakins story could be better explored in another trilogy, which is exactly what happened. What happened to Padme was tragic, and I hope someone would at least mention her in the next ST movies.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The case of Padme's importance  being ignored in the SW Empty Re: The case of Padme's importance being ignored in the SW

Post by panki Wed 27 Apr 2016, 10:34 pm

The canon comics have fortunately given her a little more importance....she turns up in the Princess Leia and the Vader comics......maybe Bloodline will talk more about her since the book deals with political situations.....

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down