Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13

+52
Moonjump05
BenOrgana
vaderito
nonesuch
Piper Maru
Armadeus
Gemini
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
Birdwoman
soulluos
Kylo Rey
Kessel
Sylvia Snow
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
DarthRen
Rei of Sunshine
Magnolia_3.0
ladyconsular
MissG
MindAndMagic
Maria26
panki
Jakku
motherofpearl1
Kyla Ren
Helix
Mana
ReyofLightSide
Little_Boots
FrolickingFizzgig
reylo1992
Hasi
Xylo Ren
SanghaRen
Rimfaxe96
Reylo Lemon
Saracene
ISeeAnIsland
BenRey
Darth_Awakened
Irina de France
ZioRen
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
Rogue Rey
BastilaBey
snufkin
CienaRee
rey09
IoJovi
56 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 Empty ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13

Post by IoJovi Mon 02 Jan 2017, 7:52 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I don't really have anything to add at this point about what will happen with Leia because it is all speculation and unknowns right now. However, I was going through some old articles I had bookmarked and saw this one which was posted before Carrie was taken ill and her subsequent death. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-viii-can-fix-franchises-daddy-issues-957594 It makes me feel even sadder about what we'll potentially be missing out on.
@Mrs Ben Solo

It's a good thought, but even before Carrie's death I never thought it would be Leia to help Kylo Ren see the error of his ways.  That task would be done firmly by Rey.  She is the protagonist of the story, and in the center of it all.  I also thought the message in VII was clear that Ben would not be brought back by familial love.

Romantic love though is a whole different story... Smile
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13

Post by rey09 Mon 02 Jan 2017, 8:51 pm

Leia wouldn't be his way of getting to the light, but I so wanted to see them reunite as Leia and Ben.  Sad
Now I guess both Rey and Kylo will hang on to Luke.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13

Post by IoJovi Mon 02 Jan 2017, 8:53 pm

rey09 wrote:Leia wouldn't be his way of getting to the light, but I so wanted to see them reunite as Leia and Ben.  Sad
@rey09

Same. While I don't expect Leia to be the one to bring her son home, I was still looking forward to that reunion with all my being. Sad
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Tue 03 Jan 2017, 3:22 am

IoJovi wrote:
rey09 wrote:Leia wouldn't be his way of getting to the light, but I so wanted to see them reunite as Leia and Ben.  Sad
@rey09

Same.  While I don't expect Leia to be the one to bring her son home, I was still looking forward to that reunion with all my being.  Sad
@IoJovi
I agree I would have loved to see a reunion between them so much.It's so sad thinking how Leia might never have any happy moments with redeemed Ben when she's lost everyone she's loved.It's actually ironic  because the same thing is happening with Kylo to an extent witht he big difference being is that some of it is his fault(murdering Han) which makes his character even more depressing because he's spend most of his formative years with his uncle training to be a Jedi which is something he most likely didn't want to be while maybe also harbouring some resentment towards Han and Leia and once the Vader secret was out even the happy memoris he had with them were probably tarnished.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 04 Jan 2017, 12:10 am

More on the insurance payout and future for the character:

Disney Could Reportedly Receive $50 Million Insurance Payout for Carrie Fisher’s Death

Disney could potentially receive a $50 million insurance payout for the death of Carrie Fisher, according to a report by Insurance Insider. The policy was reportedly taken out to cover Fisher's obligations to appear in the three new Star Wars films. While Fisher did complete work on Episode VIII before her death, production on Episode IX has yet to begin. According to Insurance Insider, Disney bought the policy from Lloyd's of London, and it is now possible that the company will pay out the market's biggest ever single personal-accident insurance claim. Creatively, it is too soon to know how Disney will proceed given Fisher's unexpected passing. While Rogue One made use of visual effects to feature the late Peter Cushing, as well as a young Fisher, the solution would be controversial in Fisher's case. Not only is it unclear as to whether Fisher's reportedly considerable role in Episode VIII was intended to give way to similar screen time in Episode IX, but Fisher's Leia is a more clearly iconic role than Cushing's Grand Moff Tarkin, and fans have already pushed back against the possibility of such an appearance.

Original source from Insurance Insider: Lloyd’s braced for $50mn Carrie Fisher Star Wars claim
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 04 Jan 2017, 12:58 pm

From his Larry King interview

"Without giving away any spoilers, what’s one aspect about Kylo Ren you are excited for fans to see in the next film?"

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 Tumblr_oj9pgvIMM41v42jzoo1_540

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 Tumblr_oj9pgvIMM41v42jzoo2_540

http://www.ora.tv/larrykingnow/2017/1/4/adam-driver-previews-star-wars-viii
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:01 pm

BastilaBey wrote:From his Larry King interview

"Without giving away any spoilers, what’s one aspect about Kylo Ren you are excited for fans to see in the next film?"

@BastilaBey

humanity eh?!?!?! Wink Wink

Now why would a generic 2 dimensional villain who's destined to be killed off by the heroine need to have or show humanity?!!
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:02 pm

@BastilaBey

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 Raw

Bring on December already!

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:02 pm

@BastilaBey

Thank you, i can't watch it now and was waiting for someone to post something like this. This makes me so happy Smile.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:03 pm

"Humanity". Gosh, sounds like fanboys are getting their yellow-eyed bad*ss part-cyborg death machine that keeps getting eviller and eviller. rabbit
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:04 pm

Man, screw CNN for dumping Larry in favor of the pile of human garbage that is Piers Morgan. Larry's whole show was like the conversations you'd have with an eccentric neighbor. You come away never quite sure what he was talking about, but it was pretty entertaining and funny.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:05 pm

@BastilaBey

This is honestly the best Star Wars related "news" we've gotten in months, in my opinion.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:05 pm

@echobase I'd recommend watching the full snippet when you have time, he talks about GL creating Star Wars with Vietnam in mind and how the ST seems to be relevant to an age of terrorism where both sides feel morally justified to do whatever it takes. He's said that kind of thing a few times recently, so this stuff definitely feeds into the Robert Bly inspiration Rian Johnson has cited, ie. 'humanizing the monster'. Which of course is what we all knew would be coming in VIII anyway Smile
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:06 pm

December 2017 can't come too quickly, right? But I've just realized there's Empire's End, the live-action BatB, SW Celebration and probably a lot more to come, and we're in 2017 right now. Smile
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:09 pm

Mwahahahahahaha!!!

Something like this always makes my day brighter!

Humanity!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:17 pm

This is great news. Very Happy
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:38 pm

I transcribed the whole answer

Larry: Without giving away any spoilers, what’s one aspect about Kylo Ren you’re excited you’re excited for fans to see in the next film?

Adam: I think, erm, maybe this is such a general answer but you know – humanity. Even though it’s very much a blockbuster movie, there was no taking that for granted and that we were forced to be general. There was a lot of plot points that we knew were operating in the first one, that we get to explain more in the second one, to make both of them make sense. But they do kind of feel socially active to me, and George Lucas originally, a lot of Star Wars was in response to Vietnam and a lot of what I remember talking about with JJ and Rian was this idea of terrorism, and two sides being morally justified to behave however they wanted to to get whatever they thought was absolutely correct.

BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:47 pm

BastilaBey wrote:I transcribed the whole answer

Larry: Without giving away any spoilers, what’s one aspect about Kylo Ren you’re excited you’re excited for fans to see in the next film?

Adam: I think, erm, maybe this is such a general answer but you know – humanity. Even though it’s very much a blockbuster movie, there was no taking that for granted and that we were forced to be general. There was a lot of plot points that we knew were operating in the first one, that we get to explain more in the second one, to make both of them make sense. But they do kind of feel socially active to me, and George Lucas originally, a lot of Star Wars was in response to Vietnam and a lot of what I remember talking about with JJ and Rian was this idea of terrorism, and two sides being morally justified to behave however they wanted to to get whatever they thought was absolutely correct.

@BastilaBey

I am giddy about the "humanity" thing, but I'm also very relieved to see that it sounds like at least some of JJ's Mystery Boxes will be explained.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:51 pm

Like I've said, I'm far more interestied in hearing what the people closest to the characters have to say versus employee Twitter sniping. The humanity part is interesting because it was there in TFA, why else would so many fanboys be complaining about him being "emo, wuss, crybaby, et cetera?" Haha, unless the things they can be more open about in the 2nd is "his very obvious and awkward crush on Rey" ; ).  And here's hoping at least one of the Mystery Boxes that gets opened is whatever the f**k happened with Max Von Sydow's character to result in murder.

Last edited by snufkin on Wed 04 Jan 2017, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 04 Jan 2017, 1:58 pm

One of the Mistery boxes I'am sure that will be opened in VIII: The "massacre" at the "Jedi Academy".

Humanity + MSW's report on possible flash-back scene give me enough confidence to be sure of it.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 04 Jan 2017, 2:07 pm

Well, humanity bit certainly sounds good.

Terrorism... in the current climate I doubt that the majority of the audience are particularly interested in understanding why a terrorist is feeling morally justified doing what they do, to be honest.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 04 Jan 2017, 2:25 pm

snufkin wrote:Like I've said, I'm far more interestied in hearing what the people closest to the characters have to say versus employee Twitter sniping. The humanity part is interesting because it was there in TFA, why else would so many fanboys be complaining about him being "emo, wuss, crybaby, et cetera?" Haha, unless the things they can be more open about in the 2nd is "his very obvious and awkward crush on Rey" ; ).  And here's hoping at least one of the Mystery Boxes that gets opened is whatever the f**k happened with Max Von Sydow's character to result in murder.
@snufkin

Employee twitter sniping lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 04 Jan 2017, 2:33 pm

snufkin wrote:Like I've said, I'm far more interestied in hearing what the people closest to the characters have to say versus employee Twitter sniping. The humanity part is interesting because it was there in TFA, why else would so many fanboys be complaining about him being "emo, wuss, crybaby, et cetera?" Haha, unless the things they can be more open about in the 2nd is "his very obvious and awkward crush on Rey" ; ).  And here's hoping at least one of the Mystery Boxes that gets opened is whatever the f**k happened with Max Von Sydow's character to result in murder.
@snufkin

Even if there's no kiss or evidence of anything mutual happening between them, I do fully expect that Kylo's obvious and awkward crush on Rey will be a lot more evident.

As far as Lor San Tekka goes, unless they abandon that plot point all together, I'd think we'd see that character again when they explore Ben's backstory/fall.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 04 Jan 2017, 2:37 pm

Oh wow. They're going to make more of the character Kylo Ren than an arrogant villain whose only motivation is arrogance. Who would have thought?

What are they going to claim next? That Rey isn't his cousin?

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 Hermione-granger-in-hp-and-the-sorcerer-s-stone-hermione-granger-13574341-960-540
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 04 Jan 2017, 2:40 pm

Saracene wrote:Well, humanity bit certainly sounds good.

Terrorism... in the current climate I doubt that the majority of the audience are particularly interested in understanding why a terrorist is feeling morally justified doing what they do, to be honest.
@Saracene

Allow me to disagree on that one. If you'd go and ask people in the streets, most of them definitively would say "cut his head off!" But it's a movie and if done well, people could end up sobbing for said terrorist(s) without even consciously realizing the parallels with terrorism on Earth, but it'll be there. Nowadays all you see on terrorists on TV is the terrible things they do. No one is showing how some of them are brainwashed. Why? Probably not in the interest of some people to show that there's more to it all than just bad seeds - as JJ said about Kylo. I actually really like the comparison with terrorism. I liked it from the beginning. I think it's very bold.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next