Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey's facial expression

+23
Helix
Piper Maru
motherofpearl1
SheLitAFire
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
ladyconsular
Airemyn
BastilaBey
Saracene
Kessel
Search Your Feelings
Darth Dementor
Jakku
Reynak
Gemini
SoloSideCousin
Slade
Sylvia Snow
IoJovi
vaderito
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
27 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Rey's facial expression Empty Rey's facial expression

Post by Slade Wed 01 Jun 2016, 1:07 pm

As SKB is breaking up and the ravine opens between Rey and Kylo and she is standing looking at him before running off, how do you interpret the look on her face? I cant interpret it, and I've heard people say different things about it.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Rey's facial expression Empty Re: Rey's facial expression

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 01 Jun 2016, 1:28 pm

She looks a little bit guilty to me.
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 01 Jun 2016, 2:01 pm

It's hard to tell, but a couple of people on here have thought that there's something by her chin which is either her hair or that it's his blood. And her eyes are open in complete shock like "What the Hell just happened?!" Also some guilt, because she started fighting with him in order to save Finn and now there're two injured men on the ground. So she has to make a choice. Also notice how she looks back when Finn is being carried by Chewie on the Falcon. She knows that she's leaving him behind, but there's probably not enough time to get him before things blow to Hell. So yes, very guilty.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Wed 01 Jun 2016, 2:01 pm

Can an image be placed here? I'm at work and can't get it myself.
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 01 Jun 2016, 2:10 pm

I think it is intentionally ambiguous, both Rey and Kylo's expressions at the end seem to be a Rorschach test for where you see their dynamic going and what you think has already taken place between them. I expect the GA to be quite surprised when it's revealed Rey doesn't wish to harm Kylo in VIII.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 01 Jun 2016, 2:18 pm

snufkin wrote:It's hard to tell, but a couple of people on here have thought that there's something by her chin which is either her hair or that it's his blood. And her eyes are open in complete shock like "What the Hell just happened?!" Also some guilt, because she started fighting with him in order to save Finn and now there're two injured men on the ground. So she has to make a choice. Also notice how she looks back when Finn is being carried by Chewie on the Falcon. She knows that she's leaving him behind, but there's probably not enough time to get him before things blow to Hell. So yes, very guilty.
@snufkin

Doubtful she was making a choice when ravine made Kylo completely cut off. She couldn't go to him even if she wanted and looking back = wanted to go to him.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 01 Jun 2016, 2:48 pm

vaderito wrote:
snufkin wrote:It's hard to tell, but a couple of people on here have thought that there's something by her chin which is either her hair or that it's his blood. And her eyes are open in complete shock like "What the Hell just happened?!" Also some guilt, because she started fighting with him in order to save Finn and now there're two injured men on the ground. So she has to make a choice. Also notice how she looks back when Finn is being carried by Chewie on the Falcon. She knows that she's leaving him behind, but there's probably not enough time to get him before things blow to Hell. So yes, very guilty.
@snufkin

Doubtful she was making a choice when ravine made Kylo completely cut off. She couldn't go to him even if she wanted and looking back = wanted to go to him.
@vaderito

That's what I was thinking, the looking back part is really when the guilt hits her about him being stuck there.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Wed 01 Jun 2016, 8:16 pm

Search Your Feelings wrote:Can an image be placed here? I'm at work and can't get it myself.
@Search Your Feelings

I couldn't readily find one.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Wed 01 Jun 2016, 8:18 pm

Or was she looking back because she feared he was somehow still coming after her, like Freddie Kreuger? She looks troubled, but I can't tell if it's because she was just in a saber fight and is scared, mad, and exhausted, or what.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 01 Jun 2016, 8:34 pm

Slade wrote:Or was she looking back because she feared he was somehow still coming after her, like Freddie Kreuger? She looks troubled, but I can't tell if it's because she was just in a saber fight and is scared, mad, and exhausted, or what.
@Slade

I don't think so. She had solidly defeated him. And when you hear the "Rey ... Ohhhh ... Rey", and he can barely hold himself, yet *still needs to look at her*, he's not scary at all. :-) I think she is in a state of shock over what has happened. IMO she was heavily in the dark side zone with him, but after the earth splits, she snaps out of it and I think there is guilt there. And once she has calmed down a bit, I think she might be remembering that everything she saw in his mind was not bad. (She certainly seemed to enjoy herself at the cliffside "You need to teacher" moment, until I think she realized she was getting into the force sex ... uh whatever was going on when they find the force Smile , and then she hates herself for feeling this way and punishes him for it, to the point that she tries to make him look like the monster that she desperately wants him to be ... because that would make the "feelings" much easier). She might also be remembering what she felt *before* he killed Han as well. That's why IMO she looked so hopeful while looking over that balcony ... until what he did ripped her hope and heart into a million pieces. Also, she may also at this point have sense enough to know that some kind of "miasma of darkness" dominated her there for a moment ... Perhaps, she is also wondering if this is why he is the way he is and maybe is a little freaked she got so close herself. Hmmmm .... I'm just talking outloud right here, and I don't remember all the steps of the hero's journey, but I know that there are "calls to action" that the character either accepts or rejects. Rey accepts the call of the Force there, by taking the lightsaber when she ran from it before. But I wonder if that moment could be a subtle bit of foreshadowing of a "call to action" or maybe better stated, a "reckoning" with the darkness and the light, within and without, that she will have to deal with in Episode VIII. The ravine prevented her from dealing with it in TFA. But there won't always be a ravine.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 01 Jun 2016, 8:49 pm

In my opinion, both Rey and Kylo have this "What just happened?" Faces, I don't know for sure but maybe during their duel they just too focus on one another and discarded the surrounding area even if it's collapsing. Some sort of "Finding the Force" within each other

Kylo's expressions
Rey's facial expression Image58

And this are Rey's expression
Rey's facial expression Image59

Rey's facial expression Image60

Their expression somewhat mirrors one another, disbelief, . In the second picture, Rey even shows genuine concern for Kylo, she even have the blue light illustrated half of her face, the same side of Kylo's scar
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 01 Jun 2016, 8:53 pm

I always took Rey's face, both in the above photo and when she looks back before boarding the MF as concern. And not just concern - there's more to it than that, but it's hard to pinpoint.

It's a very similar expression to this:

Rey's facial expression Tumblr14
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:00 pm

IoJovi wrote:I always took Rey's face, both in the above photo and when she looks back before boarding the MF as concern.  And not just concern - there's more to it than that, but it's hard to pinpoint.  

It's a very similar expression to this:

Rey's facial expression Tumblr14
@IoJovi

I would said it can also be mesmerized?! She thought that the Jedi, Luke all of those things are a fairy tales which could possibly mean that she may spend her childhood dreaming about them or even seeing some of them in her vision but choose to believe it as a mere dream, and there're hinted that Rey may dream about Kylo before so maybe upon hearing from  Han and experiences it herself, she could be having a deja vu. Like all of this and even Kylo are somehow familiar to her in some weird way
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:30 pm

@Sylvia Snow Great find that blue light on "Kylo's scar" side of Rey's face. Also, speaking of dreaming, novelization said something like that Kylo was from her nightmares and daydreams? Does anyone has a quite?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:36 pm

vaderito wrote:@Sylvia Snow Great find that blue light on "Kylo's scar" side of Rey's face. Also, speaking of dreaming, novelization said something like that Kylo was from her nightmares and daydreams? Does anyone has a quite?
@vaderito

The quote with the daydream/nightmare language from the adult novelization is:

"Turning to run in the other direction, [Rey] caught herself just in time as a shuttle touched down nearby. Without the slightest hesitation, the cloaked figure of Kylo Ren emerged and strode forward to join the battle. A stunned Rey could only track him with her eyes. She had seen this man before, in a daydream. In a nightmare."

I don't know if it was something based on the script or if ADF came up with it, but the whole daydream/nightmare stuff really fits with the imagery and narrative surrounding Rey and Kylo.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:44 pm

@vaderito 
@Kessel89

The daydream and nightmare always a big question for me. People don't simply dreaming about their supposedly enemy, do they? That quote from the novelization for me sound like they're describing a couple who are destined to for each other...
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:45 pm

Kessel89 wrote:

The quote with the daydream/nightmare language from the adult novelization is:

"Turning to run in the other direction, [Rey] caught herself just in time as a shuttle touched down nearby. Without the slightest hesitation, the cloaked figure of Kylo Ren emerged and strode forward to join the battle. A stunned Rey could only track him with her eyes. She had seen this man before, in a daydream. In a nightmare."

I don't know if it was something based on the script or if ADF came up with it, but the whole daydream/nightmare stuff really fits with the imagery and narrative surrounding Rey and Kylo.
@Kessel89

daydream's a curious thing. very curious. You don't daydream about creatures/monsters. Unless he unmasked in a daydream was was a beautiful prince?

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:59 pm

@vaderito
@Sylvia Snow

Agreed, you defintely don't daydream about scary monsters. There's more going on there if there's anything more to that daydream/nightmare statement (i.e. possible previous dreams or visions). We know Rey's Force vision of Kylo was terrifying, but what if she's had other visions/dreams of him, or there's something else she senses about his presence? We know he acted very fascinated by her initially, almost like he found her familiar. It's somewhat reminiscent of Sleeping Beauty where Briar Rose and Prince Phillip meet in the forest, a comparison I've seen @vaderito mention before.

I also thought it was interesting that the Disney Jedi exhibit show supposedly has the female Padawan say something like, "Kylo Ren haunts my dreams."
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:42 pm

Normally, in fairy tales the maiden or princess daydream about her hero/prince so Rey thinking to herself that she did dream of Kylo in such way make me wonder what in the information Alan Dean Foster was given in order to wrote the novel regarding Kylo and Rey, because there're some quote by either of them sound so much like a fantasy/romance novel, for instance the passage where Kylo looking for Rey after her escape, he want to find her badly as if she is a part of him that he is dying to get back and then there's that interrogation  Laughing
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:50 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:Normally, in fairy tales the maiden or princess daydream about her hero/prince so Rey thinking to herself that she did dream of Kylo in such way make me wonder what in the information Alan Dean Foster was given in order to wrote the novel regarding Kylo and Rey, because there're some quote by either of them sound so much like a fantasy/romance novel, for instance the passage where Kylo looking for Rey after her escape, he want to find her badly as if she is a part of him that he is dying to get back and then there's that interrogation  Laughing
@Sylvia Snow

And don't forget:. According to ADF, he touched her anew... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:13 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:In my opinion, both Rey and Kylo have this "What just happened?" Faces, I don't know for sure but maybe during their duel they just too focus on one another and discarded the surrounding area even if it's collapsing. Some sort of "Finding the Force" within each other

Kylo's expressions

Their expression somewhat mirrors one another, disbelief, . In the second picture, Rey even shows genuine concern for Kylo, she even have the blue light illustrated half of her face, the same side of Kylo's scar
@Sylvia Snow

Has anyone analyzed that streak of hair across her face? Is that a mirror image to his scar? Like her dark moment was a scar on her soul or something?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:16 pm

Good catch! And that is most definitely his blood on her chin.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:33 pm

@SoloSideCousin

Oh, that's interesting! On the first picture of Rey, her hair and the shadow cast by the blue light on her cheek bone form this arrow shape, that kind of looks like a "horizontal line" or more correctly like a "positive parabola" across her face, while Kylo is having a physical scar that is some what like a "diagonal line" or an "inverse hyperbolic tangent" scar across his face

Sorry I have to use those mathematics description but that is all I can think of right now Embarassed
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:09 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:In my opinion, both Rey and Kylo have this "What just happened?" Faces, I don't know for sure but maybe during their duel they just too focus on one another and discarded the surrounding area even if it's collapsing. Some sort of "Finding the Force" within each other

Kylo's expressions

@Sylvia Snow

Has anyone analyzed that streak of hair across her face? Is that a mirror image to his scar? Like her dark moment was a scar on her soul or something?
@SoloSideCousin

I think its blood on her cheek too, not hair. Kylo's blood.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 02 Jun 2016, 12:27 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:@SoloSideCousin

Oh, that's interesting! On the first picture of Rey, her hair and the shadow cast by the blue light on her cheek bone form this arrow shape, that kind of looks like a "horizontal line" or more correctly like a "positive parabola" across her face, while Kylo is having a physical scar that is some what like a "diagonal line" or an "inverse hyperbolic tangent" scar across his face

Sorry I have to use those mathematics description but that is all I can think of right now Embarassed
@Sylvia Snow

For the math dim among us ... would those trajectories of those lines tell us anything ... or are they just too marred faces?

Also the blood on her face is huge. Not only has she spilt his blood or drawn blood ... with it being so close to her mouth ... could it also mean the taste of blood ... with maybe implications for guilt and/or the dark side?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum