Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey's facial expression

+23
Helix
Piper Maru
motherofpearl1
SheLitAFire
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
ladyconsular
Airemyn
BastilaBey
Saracene
Kessel
Search Your Feelings
Darth Dementor
Jakku
Reynak
Gemini
SoloSideCousin
Slade
Sylvia Snow
IoJovi
vaderito
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
27 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Rey's facial expression - Page 5 Empty Re: Rey's facial expression

Post by Night Huntress Thu 14 Sep 2017, 1:36 pm

I removed it- don't want to spread a video of someone who stole the ideas from other people and this board Evil or Very Mad
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 14 Sep 2017, 1:47 pm

IoJovi wrote:It's perfectly fine to leave the video up. It's chalk full of stellar content none of which was created by Vincent.

Hahahaha!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Thu 14 Sep 2017, 1:52 pm

@snufkin you actually can hear it. I've watched it twice since then with the volume up a little more and you can hear it plain as day
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Thu 14 Sep 2017, 1:55 pm

But then it's like what someone else said, once you hear it can you unhear it?? Lol scratch
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 14 Sep 2017, 2:04 pm

@nite0wl29 - I have picked up on the part at the end of Snow Fight where he's gasping her name, so I don't doubt it. Just how much of it is a "Paul is dead" thing versus Easter Eggs which either were hidden or just mixed out of the audio track by the editors, hard to guess! But the back story of the saber, which there are 3 moments (Rey's freak out, Han looks sick, and Kylo's different reactions to Rey and Finn wielding it) are definitely there.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 14 Sep 2017, 2:30 pm

snufkin wrote:@nite0wl29 - I have picked up on the part at the end of Snow Fight where he's gasping her name, so I don't doubt it. Just how much of it is a "Paul is dead" thing versus Easter Eggs which either were hidden or just mixed out of the audio track by the editors, hard to guess! But the back story of the saber, which there are 3 moments (Rey's freak out, Han looks sick, and Kylo's different reactions to Rey and Finn wielding it) are definitely there.
@snufkin

Yeah, I hear the "Rey, Rey" at the end of the Snow Fight too. You can hear that listening intently to the movie. I heard the "It's Ben" a long time ago when someone posted a "cleaned up" audio version of that Maz and Rey scene, but I never would have heard it without it. Assuming that person wasn't doctoring the track, I believe that is in there.

There are a number of these kinds of things, like apparently there was some kind of scream during the catwalk scene. I never heard it, but that doesn't mean anything because I am in a constant state of sinus stuffy ears. :-) I also think people say AD mouths the words, "It's you," when she catches the lightsaber. Then there is the "harder, harder," that he says when she is beating on him. I actually can hear that, but it's pretty breathy.

The thing is, they apparently had to do a ton of sound editing around Adam Driver. Apparently when he is in character as Kylo, Kylo doesn't hold back. Very Happy Supposedly, the "smash sith up" scenes were full of all kinds of fury and curse words. Very Happy Also, given the fact that Adam Driver said that the beating of the wounds was an "easy" acting choice, I could very easily see him throwing in that self-loathing "harder, harder" stuff, and since AD says Kylo thinks he is doing the right thing, I could see him throwing in the "Rey, Rey" too. He looked like he wanted to tell her something in that moment and he wasn't angry with the "Rey, Rey," more like pleading with her to listen.

It's hard to know if some this was planned, but they decided to lower the sound on it, or if it came from AD, and they liked it, but decided to lower it because they wanted to include aspects like the "harder, harder," because they were true, but at the same time didn't want to have to explain lines like that to the GA.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 14 Sep 2017, 2:31 pm

@SoloSideCousin - between the wound beating and "Harder! Harder!" dude's definitely a bit of a masochist!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 14 Sep 2017, 2:35 pm

snufkin wrote:@SoloSideCousin - between the wound beating and "Harder! Harder!" dude's definitely a bit of a masochist!

Definitely! I just bet Disney wanted to keep that part subtle so that they didn't get a bunch of obtuse "Is Disney promoting self harm?" questions and articles ... even though the dude is obviously in a super bad place and behavior like that reflects his state of mind.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 08 Oct 2017, 2:03 am

It's funny but I recently read that apparently in the forthcoming Thor 3 we have 5ft 4" Tessa Thompson giving 6ft plus Tom Hiddleston a thorough trouncing in a fight scene.....will anyone moan about that the way they did Rey beating Kylo in TFA?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum