Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Silly Star Wars Theories?

+9
Birdwoman
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
Search Your Feelings
EchoBase
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
Helix
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favorite Silly Star Wars Theories?  Empty Favorite Silly Star Wars Theories?

Post by Helix Mon 04 Jul 2016, 8:59 am

Have you ever heard a SW theory that was just so ridiculous you had to share it? Maybe it's old, maybe it's new. Bring all your favorites.

This one needs no introduction and honestly I don't actually know the history of it ( it's obviously pretty old ): Kitster is Boba Fett. Razz
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Favorite Silly Star Wars Theories?  Empty Re: Favorite Silly Star Wars Theories?

Post by IoJovi Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:08 am

Rey is Luke's kid. Laughing

I mean....did they actually watch TFA and pay attention? If they did, NO ONE would be thinking this.

Seriously though, this is a great thread. I've heard some good ones over the years. One of my favorites is that Jar Jar is actually a Sith Lord. Given the way that he was the one to extend Palpatine's power in RoTS, it wouldn't surprise me if this were true. Due to the hostile reception of his character, many things were rewritten to reduce his screen time in the subsequent movies. I think that's part of the reason much of the story seemed pretty clunky.

It was the twist that never came to fruition.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Favorite Silly Star Wars Theories?  Empty Re: Favorite Silly Star Wars Theories?

Post by Helix Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:18 am

IoJovi wrote:Rey is Luke's kid. Laughing

I mean....did they actually watch TFA and pay attention? If they did, NO ONE would be thinking this.

Seriously though, this is a great thread. I've heard some good ones over the years. One of my favorites is that Jar Jar is actually a Sith Lord. Given the way that he was the one to extend Palpatine's power in RoTS, it wouldn't surprise me if this were true. Due to the hostile reception of his character, many things were rewritten to reduce his screen time in the subsequent movies. I think that's part of the reason much of the story seemed pretty clunky.

It was the twist that never came to fruition.
@IoJovi

Don't forget Snoke is Plagueis and Luke is Kylo.

I always liked the Jar Jar theory because of how surprising it would be. Imagine the bumbling kid appeal character being an evil mastermind. That's creative.

Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:23 am

If it's true, I honestly wish they would have kept it. This is actually a good example of what happens when writers bow to audience demands or, "what's popular."

The story suffers.

Luke being Kylo Ren seemed plausible because he was nowhere to be seen in the trailer, yet we knew Mark Hamill had been cast.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:31 am

> Leia is Snoke (???)
> Kylo is Luke (???)
> Plagieus is Kylo from the future (Time travel in SW... Totally...)
> Rey is Anakin reincarnated (Reincarnation in SW... Suuuure...)
> Rey is Han and Leia's daughter (Reywalker was a red-herring, Rey Solo was based on nothing after release)
> Rey is related to [Insert SW character here, no matter how obscure]
> Luke was married to/banged [Insert SW character here, no matter how obscure] and had Rey.
> Finn is related to Mace Windu (Because not everybody is related to everybody)
> Kylo already has a bunch of kids (Because LOL)
> Hux is going to be redeemed (Not saying it's impossible, but some fans say it's likely over Kylo!)
> Phasma is going to be redeemed (Same as above)
> Snoke is going to be redeemed (Same as above)
> [Insert villain] is going to be redeemed (Same as above)

There are so many more.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:47 am

I wanna know where Leia is Snoke came from. I've heard about it, but not the details or anything. What 'logic' did people use to try and make that work?? Only seeing Snoke as a hologram is too easy. Laughing With that logic Salacious Crumb could be Snoke.

Some more:

Snoke is Vader/Anakin who is still alive. Don't think too hard about that one.

Finn is related to Lando.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:51 am

Finn being related to Lando is probably one of the most annoying fan theories out there for multiple reasons. The reasoning is so superficial and shows no creativity whatsoever.

However, the time travel ones show what can happen when TOO MUCH creativity is involved... Laughing

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:52 am

@Helix
I think the theory came from the fact that Snoke is a hologram and could thus be anybody, so fans started applying that logic to every character we meet in TFA.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:56 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Helix
I think the theory came from the fact that Snoke is a hologram and could thus be anybody, so fans started applying that logic to every character we meet in TFA.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Poe is a mole and Snoke. Have we ever seen them in the same room? Laughing

I dunno if people are still throwing these theories out, didn't Pablo say 'Snoke is Snoke'? Not that everyone will listen to that.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:58 am

IoJovi wrote:Finn being related to Lando is probably one of the most annoying fan theories out there for multiple reasons. The reasoning is so superficial and shows no creativity whatsoever.

However, the time travel ones show what can happen when TOO MUCH creativity is involved... Laughing

@IoJovi

I remember the 'Finn Calrissian' puzzle. Laughing

Why would Snoke/ Kylo ( Snokelo? Kyloke? ) be using himself, though? Makes no sense.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jul 2016, 10:24 am

In no particular order:

1) KMT was cast as Kylo's love interest.
2) Phasma was Luke's wife and Rey's mum
3) Jyn Erso was Luke's wife and Rey's mum
4) Luke being Kylo Ren - yeah as if they'd just hire Adam Driver for interviews to troll people! XD
5) Palpatine and Darth Sidious were different people.
6) Obi-Wan and Padme were going to be the romantic couple before AOTC was released.

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 04 Jul 2016, 10:30 am

Early "spoiler" about TFA: Kylo Ren is Luke Skywalker....or Luke Skywalker is Kylo Ren....I believed that though. Razz.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Mon 04 Jul 2016, 12:52 pm

Leia is Snoke Rolling Eyes
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jul 2016, 1:05 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:In no particular order:

4) Luke being Kylo Ren - yeah as if they'd just hire Adam Driver for interviews to troll people! XD
6) Obi-Wan and Padme were going to be the romantic couple before AOTC was released.
@AppleCrumble122

Pfff haha...how would they kiss, with Kylo siting on a ground Very Happy Very Happy Finn is perfect height for her, Kylo is too tall

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 04 Jul 2016, 4:13 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:In no particular order:

@AppleCrumble122

Pfff haha...how would they kiss, with Kylo siting on a ground Very Happy Very Happy Finn is perfect height for her, Kylo is too tall

@bela.mesecina

Yeah, I remember a couple of Finnrey shippers "theorizing" that maybe KMT was a KOR and Kylo's LI based on...well, nothing, except wishful thinking.

I've always found the theory that Jar Jar was a Sith Lord extremely amusing. I almost wish it was true.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 04 Jul 2016, 10:32 pm

The Jar Jar is a Sith lord theory has always been and will always be my favorite silly theory.

I really can't imagine anything topping that.

Maybe the Rey is Anakin reincarnated theory, if included the line "No, YOU are my father" as was written in that one reddit spoiler.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 04 Jul 2016, 11:19 pm

Joanna Robinson from Vanity Fair (who wrote the article about Rey busting the Bechtdel test) just took the piss out GoT fan theories, which seem to originate from the same impulses.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 04 Jul 2016, 11:52 pm

snufkin wrote:Joanna Robinson from Vanity Fair (who wrote the article about Rey busting the Bechtdel test) just took the piss out GoT fan theories, which seem to originate from the same impulses.
@snufkin

LOL. Fantastic article. I really like everything I've read from Joanna Robinson. And yeah, a lot of that would also apply to comparable theories from Star Wars/TFA.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:36 am

@ISeeAnIsland - she lives in Napa! I feel like I should stalk her buy her a burger at Gott's because I'm sure she'd be a fun person to talk about this stuff with. Hopefully she'll write a follow up skewering all of the "that would be cool" theories floating about TFA.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:54 am

I love Gotts...though my hubby is annoyed that it costs our family so much to eat there when he can make a good burger also. But I digress....
My son, has been watching all these fan YouTube videos speculating on Rey's origins. I love talking to him about it. I told him that these are just fans like us speculating. He wants Rey to be related to Palpatine or Obi-wan. I told him, honestly I think she is random. But she is definitely not a Skywalker....but again I don't know for sure except clues in the movie. But he can believe what he wants...he doesn't have to follow my beliefs.

I think the more convoluted theories are the ones with reincarnation.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 05 Jul 2016, 5:48 am

Luke killed Rey's parents while travelling around with Ben, mindwiped Rey's memory and dropped her on Jakku rather than killing her, then mindwiped Ben's memory too.

Just something I've read recently Smile
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2016, 10:13 am

Maz is evil/Snoke because she told Rey to take the lightsaber instead of telling her she won't need it (like Yoda did)
Kylo id Rey's father

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:15 am

Kylo is Rey's dad. Shocked

Batshit crazy, I know.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:42 am

How about the reincarnation siblings leak a few weeks ago? That was horrible.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:07 pm

Luke and Kylo were in love with the same woman while Kylo was a student of Luke's. Luke knocked up Rey's mom, and after she had the baby, Kylo killed the woman and dumped Rey on Jakku.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next