Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armitage Hux Thread

+8
IoJovi
Jakku
snufkin
BastilaBey
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
vaderito
guardienne
12 posters

Go down

The Armitage Hux Thread Empty The Armitage Hux Thread

Post by guardienne Tue 09 Aug 2016, 11:33 am

hello and welcome!

i am a secret kylux shipper but don't let that worry you, this thread will be to discuss hux and his story.

what do you guys think? will there be more interaction between him and phasma (i desperately need more of phasma and more interesting things as well!) and kylo ren?

i reckon their scenes would have been shot in a studio location and so it looks like gleeson and christie were never in ireland.

The Armitage Hux Thread Tumblr_o0at68NIGo1sy6kdpo1_500
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Armitage Hux Thread Empty Re: The Armitage Hux Thread

Post by vaderito Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:04 pm

I don't think so. If Jason is correct and VIII opens with Kylo shipwreck on Ahch-to, we won't see how Kylo rescue went nor it's necessary. I guess that splitting him from other FO, is like splitting Rey from resistance - they are on their own journeys separate form those organizations. So if Hux survives SKB debacle (he shouldn't) he'll be set up as the foil for the Resistance. Phasma is toast. her role was nothing and "expanded role" doesn't mean anything. Likely bit more than last time which was barely anything. Plus she betrayed FO so another character whose prolonged existence wouldn't ring true. Also, doubtful she'll sell toys ever again.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:11 pm

The Armitage Hux Thread Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_3kg7qve67w84og4s8g444wk0o_640

I have a secret crush on him. I admit.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:17 pm

vaderito wrote:I don't think so. If Jason is correct and VIII opens with Kylo shipwreck on Ahch-to, we won't see how Kylo rescue went nor it's necessary. I guess that splitting him from other FO, is like splitting Rey from resistance - they are on their own journeys separate form those organizations. So if Hux survives SKB debacle (he shouldn't) he'll be set up as the foil for the Resistance. Phasma is toast. her role was nothing and "expanded role" doesn't mean anything. Likely bit more than last time which was barely anything. Plus she betrayed FO so another character whose prolonged existence wouldn't ring true. Also, doubtful she'll sell toys ever again.
@vaderito
I'm definitely more confident in Jason's opinion on when the crash takes place now that he's said the main team has tons of spoilers they can't share.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hux survived to Episode IX. If there is any kind of Stormtrooper rebellion in the works Hux is going to have to be present because he's very aligned with the program, the Troopers and the whole notion of kidnapping and brainwashing children.

I'll be honest, I'm not big on Hux. He's just a disgusting individual with no redeemable qualities, and he's really not very interesting IMHO. I understand many are fans of him here, but I don't particularly care what happens to him. He's just a one-note villain who will probably serve as a commentary on fascism. He's almost definitely going to be ironic, couldn't-save-himself contrast to Kylo. Recent novels have made people think Hux is going to be more important than he really will be in the trilogy, while in reality the sheer fact that his background is being explored in novels says it won't be explored in the films.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:22 pm

@frolickingfizzgig I have to agree. And as a longtime fan of Gleeson, I can tell he's not particularly thrilled with the role himself. He doesn't have anywhere near the depth of of Kylo Ren, and that's fully intentional - so he can serve as a contrast. I know fanon always fleshes out side characters and that's all well and good, but hopefully people are preparing themselves for him to meet a grisly end.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:23 pm

Recent novels have made people think Hux is going to be more important than he really is in the trilogy, while in reality the sheer fact that his background is being explored in novels says it won't be explored in the films.

@FrolickingFizzgig

All if this. He's a traditional henchman. May get some attention in ancillary sources for hardcore fans but GA doesn't need to know.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:28 pm

Yeah. He ll stay just Hux (opposite of Kylo) in the movies - resident space nazi and that is it.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:33 pm

I think Kylo and Hux and Phasma will spend a bit of time together in Act I of VIII. Since Snoke ordered Hux to rescue Kylo we know that they'll be arriving to Snoke's base together (it would not surprise me if this was the opening to VIII after the crawl) and I wouldn't be surprised if Phasma will be with them. I think all three of them will be chewed out by Snoke for the destruction of SKB. I wouldn't be surprised if this act and the act of Hux being ordered to save Kylo intensifies the mutual loathing they have for each other.

But after that I don't think Kylo will be seeing much of Hux and Phasma after that due to being on Ahch-To. But I agree with the people who have said that Hux and Phasma will be in Finn's story due to him being a deserter as I think this is the most possible scenario. I reckon both Hux and Phasma will consider him a failure on their part - a failure of his father's stormtrooper program and thus legacy on Hux's part and a failure of her authority and training program on Phasma's. I definitely think Finn and Phasma should have a physical confrontation at the very least (I personally think she should've been the one to face him on Takodana).

One thing I would personally like to see alluded to (and explored more in books/comics) is Hux losing the respect of his men after the SKB destruction. As we saw, that lieutenant at the end screamed "even Hux is gone!" and doesn't include his rank title. This could indicate a loss of respect or a lack of one regardless (which wouldn't be very surprising anyway). But the lieutenant seemed to think that Hux abandoned his duty and all of them just to save himself, when in reality he went to warn Snoke about the collapse of SKB. Of course he probably would go and save himself after that, but I think it would be interesting to see Hux lose the respect of his men because they believe this in future content.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 09 Aug 2016, 1:58 pm

Hux is essentially the Tracy Flick of the FO and a very one dimensional eeeevil foil/actual antagonist
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Tue 09 Aug 2016, 2:38 pm

I barely registered Hux the first two times I saw TFA.  He was just Standard Evil Henchman.  I still don't think he's got much of a character role to play - he's just there to interact with Snoke  / Kylo and possibly Phasma.

If they want to give him some more time in VIII, I suppose that Hux and Phasma might be desperate to find out what made Finn break his conditioning.  Although they didn't seem overwhelmingly anxious in VII.

Last edited by Jakku on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrote 'Kylo' instead of 'Phasma', doh.)
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 09 Aug 2016, 2:44 pm

Jakku wrote:I barely registered Hux the first two times I saw TFA. He was just Standard Evil Henchman. I still don't think he's got much of a character role to play - he's just there to interact with Snoke / Kylo and possibly Kylo.

If they want to give him some more time in VIII, I suppose that Hux and Phasma might be desperate to find out what made Finn break his conditioning. Although they didn't seem overwhelmingly anxious in VII.
@Jakku

Same here! The Emo Kylo Ren account popped up maybe two days after TFA was released, and while I thought it was great, I couldn't place this Hux person they kept talking about. Laughing

The account kept mentioning a boy at school named Hux thought wanted to put a band together. And I'm like... scratch Who's that? Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 09 Aug 2016, 2:48 pm

Dom: "he's evil". Nothing to add
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 09 Aug 2016, 2:49 pm

Jakku wrote:I barely registered Hux the first two times I saw TFA. He was just Standard Evil Henchman. I still don't think he's got much of a character role to play - he's just there to interact with Snoke / Kylo and possibly Kylo.

If they want to give him some more time in VIII, I suppose that Hux and Phasma might be desperate to find out what made Finn break his conditioning. Although they didn't seem overwhelmingly anxious in VII.
@Jakku

Nobody cared. It was shrug-and-move-on incident.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Aug 2016, 3:09 pm

I love Domnhall Gleeson and for that reason alone I hope Hux gets a bit more to work with in VIII and IX (if he makes it that far).

Sorry Kylux shippers, but I see Hux and Kylo being on completely different trajectories from early on in VIII and onwards.

I think Hux and Phasma will be leading the FO side against Poe, Finn and the rest of the resistance. Meanwhile, Kylo and the Knights of Ren will be off following Kylo's agenda. If Kylo is completely separated from the FO and his Knights, it is possible he and Hux may not be on the same side after that. Indeed, it's debatable whether they ever were. Pablo Hidalgo stated that Kylo and Hux had different objectives, which was clear to anyone paying attention.

Kylux was o.k as a bit of fun but the complete rewriting of Hux's character has gone too far, IMO. He might have been given a bit more depth in the canon novels, and I have no problem with that, but from TFA and beyond I don't foresee him seeking redemption in any form. I imagine he will either be directly taken out by the resistance or go down with one of his pet projects like Tarkin did. I know people have speculated that Kylo might be the one to kill him, but I'm not sure about that. I could see it if Leia or Rey were directly in his line of fire. It just doesn't feel to me like Kylo's big confrontation will be with Hux if he turns away from the FO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Disciple Wed 10 Aug 2016, 9:42 am

I'm not ashamed to say I like me some Hux. All three minutes of him... and yes I too am a Kylux shipper but that's another story. Maybe we won't see too much more of Hux but I like to think that if he goes out, it's not some incidental death. They gave him that great platform speech on SKB just before the Hosnian system is destroyed; somewhere in the trilogy they should make the character face that in some way. I do like the contrast he gives to Ren. He loves order and protocol and there is that rivalry between them, but I like the idea that he might start to see that Snoke may not be the ideal FO leader and may even become disillusioned with where it might be headed as both Snoke and Kylo become more involved with dark side business as opposed to the FO. Perhaps Hux might even be impressed with the citadel when he delivers Ren to his master? Who knows? We've got more than a year to go. He might even gain some grudging respect for Ren and they become bros, I don't know. I would like him not to be such a straight laced space nazi and perhaps start to realise that wiping out whole systems is really monstrous and not something to be proud of.

Most importantly, it would be great seeing how devastated he is by the destruction of SKB. I need to see some aftermath Wink
And I want a scene with him and injured Kylo after the rescue. I really want that...
Dark_Disciple
Dark_Disciple
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:30 pm

I find Hux hilarious. He's The Force Awaken's greatest comedic asset - that sneering countenance! That plummy accent! That spit-flecked speech! He also reminds me irresistibly of Eddie Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending (a film I love and adore with the power of a thousand burning suns).
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:47 pm

nonesuch wrote:I find Hux hilarious. He's The Force Awaken's greatest comedic asset - that sneering countenance! That plummy accent! That spit-flecked speech! He also reminds me irresistibly of Eddie Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending (a film I love and adore with the power of a thousand burning suns).
@nonesuch

I could care less about Rogue One, but if they did a standalone spinoff movie about a day at the office with Hux and Ren sniping at each other, I would open up my wallet and give LucasFilm all of my money.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 10 Aug 2016, 4:05 pm

nonesuch wrote:I find Hux hilarious. He's The Force Awaken's greatest comedic asset - that sneering countenance! That plummy accent! That spit-flecked speech! He also reminds me irresistibly of Eddie Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending (a film I love and adore with the power of a thousand burning suns).
@nonesuch

He is ridiculous! Every time we watch TFA my husband and I take turns saying his lines in the most over the top accent ever. He's like a cartoon.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Wed 10 Aug 2016, 6:07 pm

Hux is awesome.  I think he's probably my second favorite character in TFA after Kylo.  I guess I probably count as a Kylux shipper.  I enjoy reading Kylux fic and watching Kylux tribute videos although for me, personally, it's just a fun "crack" ship.  I don't take it seriously or think it will become canon.

I loved Kylo and Hux's interactions in TFA.  I would like to see them interact at least a bit in Episode VIII, although I'm not sure how likely that is if Kylo goes to Ahch-to early on in the movie.  Or maybe Kylo and Hux will have some kind of confrontation at the end of Episode VIII as Kylo begins to move towards the light and abandons the FO.  I don't know.  But I hope they get to share at least a little bit of screen time together.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down