Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book: Poe's Flight Log

3 posters

Go down

Book: Poe's Flight Log Empty Book: Poe's Flight Log

Post by panki Fri 02 Dec 2016, 3:36 pm

I just read a few extracts from Poe Dameron Flight Log....it definitely clears up a lot of things..... it is mostly a conversation between Poe and BB-8 as they fly together and also other files and letters.

Last edited by panki on Sat 13 May 2017, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Book: Poe's Flight Log Empty Re: Book: Poe's Flight Log

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2016, 6:38 pm

Thank you for the info @panki

Poe can't be expected to have any warm and fuzzy feelings about Kylo at this point, I suppose. I'm assuming he doesn't know Kylo Ren's true identity, though (?) I guess he would still be entitled to speak harshly about him, even if he did. But, given how fond he is of Leia, I would have thought he might keep some of his harsher feelings about Kylo to himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2016, 7:16 pm

I got the impression from the junior and adult novelizations of TFA that Poe does not know Kylo's identity - he'd been warned about him, but wasn't told that it's Han and Leia's son nor does he seem to recognize him. (Maybe he would, if the mask were taken off.)

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 02 Dec 2016, 7:38 pm

Although I don't have the exact tweet, I recall Pablo confirming not only that Poe doesn't know Kylo's real identity, there are few within both the Resistance and the First Order who do.

Aside from that, this was a fantastic post. Thanks for sharing, @Panki!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 02 Dec 2016, 7:51 pm

I really wonder if there's going to be a finale in IX where all 4 characters come together. Because you know that Poe and/or Finn are going to at least deck Ben given their interactions w/him.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2016, 7:58 pm

IoJovi wrote:Although I don't have the exact tweet, I recall Pablo confirming not only that Poe doesn't know Kylo's real identity, there are few within both the Resistance and the First Order who do.

@IoJovi

Yes, Pablo did say that Kylo's true identity is not widely known. I can see why Leia would want to keep a lid on it (even though it didn't go so well for her keeping the secret of her birth father's identity!) but I'm less certain about why Snoke doesn't advertise that he's got Ben Solo on his team. But then Palpatine didn't broadcast Darth Vader's true identity either. confused

Also, from a much earlier tweet, Pablo said that Poe Dameron didn't know Ben Solo, as there had been speculation that they might have been boyhood friends. Lots of fanfic writers seem to go with that assumption too.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:20 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
IoJovi wrote:Although I don't have the exact tweet, I recall Pablo confirming not only that Poe doesn't know Kylo's real identity, there are few within both the Resistance and the First Order who do.

@IoJovi

Yes, Pablo did say that Kylo's true identity is not widely known. I can see why Leia would want to keep a lid on it (even though it didn't go so well for her keeping the secret of her birth father's identity!) but I'm less certain about why Snoke doesn't advertise that he's got Ben Solo on his team. But then Palpatine didn't broadcast Darth Vader's true identity either. confused

Also, from a much earlier tweet, Pablo said that Poe Dameron didn't know Ben Solo, as there had been speculation that they might have been boyhood friends. Lots of fanfic writers seem to go with that assumption too.
@Mrs Ben Solo

It makes sense that Snoke would want to keep a lid on it as well, if only for the fact to help Kylo Ren forget who he once was. It wouldn't serve much of a purpose if he or those around him kept either referring to him by his old name, or even by making reference to his family or former life. The reminders might pose a risk that he would might decide to leave Snoke if the memories got painful enough.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:28 pm

Aside from that, this was a fantastic post.  Thanks for sharing, @Panki!
@IoJovi

The tweet is in the archives of the empire. Wink

Book: Poe's Flight Log Tumblr_inline_oea7gxZeCN1qjtxsg_540

I really liked this tweet. Smile It tells me there's a good possibility that Kylo won't necessarily have to go into exile or hiding if/when he gets redeemed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:33 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@IoJovi

@Mrs Ben Solo

It makes sense that Snoke would want to keep a lid on it as well, if only for the fact to help Kylo Ren forget who he once was. It wouldn't serve much of a purpose if he or those around him kept either referring to him by his old name, or even by making reference to his family or former life. The reminders might pose a risk that he would might decide to leave Snoke if the memories got painful enough.
@IoJovi

Thanks, it makes sense when you put it like that. I can see how it would be counterproductive for someone like Kylo to be constantly reminded of his past. I guess Snoke likes to keep it as a knife only he can twist.

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 02 Dec 2016, 10:58 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

Aside from that, this was a fantastic post.  Thanks for sharing, @Panki!
@IoJovi

@Mrs Ben Solo

It makes sense that Snoke would want to keep a lid on it as well, if only for the fact to help Kylo Ren forget who he once was.  It wouldn't serve much of a purpose if he or those around him kept either referring to him by his old name, or even by making reference to his family or former life.  The reminders might pose a risk that he would might decide to leave Snoke if the memories got painful enough.  
@IoJovi

Thanks, it makes sense when you put it like that. I can see how it would be counterproductive for someone like Kylo to be constantly reminded of his past. I guess Snoke likes to keep it as a knife only he can twist.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I don't think Poe knows that Kylo Ren is Leia's son or I'm sure he would have mentioned it in his chat with BB-8.....the closest potential reference to Ben is in the Before the Awakening novel where Poe talks about hearing rumors that Leia is mourning the loss (of someone) ... I get the impression that people think Ben Solo is dead.....this might be a good thing because they could be building a sympathetic backstory for Ben.

I just had this thought- if Poe sees good in the galaxy even during dark times, and Finn believes something is "the right thing to do", I feel it foreshadows them understanding and seeing the good in Kylo at some later point of time and taking his side if he returned to Leia and the resistance.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down