Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StarWarsGATE: A comprehensive guide

+25
MyOnlyHope
MrsWindu
nickandnora
CienaRee
Piper Maru
FrolickingFizzgig
Helix
Irina de France
IoJovi
ISeeAnIsland
MeadowofAshes
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
Cowgirlsamurai
SanghaRen
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
ReyofLightSide
Darth Rowan
snufkin
Tex
BastilaBey
SheLitAFire
29 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

StarWarsGATE: A comprehensive guide - Page 3 Empty Re: StarWarsGATE: A comprehensive guide

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jun 2017, 5:38 pm

Helix wrote:There's a lot of things that come off as sketchy to me that Lucas is allowing. The new female gunner spending time around Poe as a potential romance so soon after Stormpilot debunk seems almost like a 'look he's not really gay!!' move. I doubt it is and her character has probably been around for a long time, but the timing is...yeah. Of course VF being allowed to look down on shippers ( mostly made of female fans ) while LF is trying to draw in and appeal to female fans at the same time. It kinda gives off the impression they'll throw LGBT and female fans bones, but it's just for show and they're still going to bow to the nostalgia hungry fanboys. Not saying that's 100% happening, but certain things almost come off that way. The whole marketing push so far has been kinda odd and I'm not surprised all it has done is stir up more drama.
@Helix this is really well said. I'm starting to sorta resent the way Lucasfilm (and Disney?) is trying to appeal to the broadest audience possible in a very greedy way that's becoming quite hypocritical. I get the need to cast a wide net, but this is taking it way too far.

Back to top Go down

StarWarsGATE: A comprehensive guide - Page 3 Empty Re: StarWarsGATE: A comprehensive guide

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 10 Jun 2017, 5:56 pm

Persephone wrote:
Helix wrote:There's a lot of things that come off as sketchy to me that Lucas is allowing. The new female gunner spending time around Poe as a potential romance so soon after Stormpilot debunk seems almost like a 'look he's not really gay!!' move. I doubt it is and her character has probably been around for a long time, but the timing is...yeah. Of course VF being allowed to look down on shippers ( mostly made of female fans ) while LF is trying to draw in and appeal to female fans at the same time. It kinda gives off the impression they'll throw LGBT and female fans bones, but it's just for show and they're still going to bow to the nostalgia hungry fanboys. Not saying that's 100% happening, but certain things almost come off that way. The whole marketing push so far has been kinda odd and I'm not surprised all it has done is stir up more drama.
@Helix this is really well said. I'm starting to sorta resent the way Lucasfilm (and Disney?) is trying to appeal to the broadest audience possible in a very greedy way that's becoming quite hypocritical. I get the need to cast a wide net, but this is taking it way too far.

@Persephone

Yep, totally agree
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 16 Jun 2017, 8:53 pm

Adding HenryGate to the list.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 16 Jun 2017, 9:04 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Adding HenryGate to the list.
@ISeeAnIsland

*Sigh...*. When will it end?!?

I'm also wondering what kind of gates, good or otherwise, are going to come out of TLJ itself, especially if we get even hints of romantic Reylo....
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Fri 16 Jun 2017, 9:07 pm

IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

I'm also wondering what kind of gates, good or otherwise, are going to come out of TLJ itself, especially if we get even hints of romantic Reylo....
@IoJovi
I'm still crossing my fingers for KissGate and (heh) WaterGate.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 16 Jun 2017, 9:08 pm

IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

KoRGate (or lack of KoRGate)?
SnokeIsStillLameGate?
PhasmaIsStillLameGate?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 16 Jun 2017, 9:12 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

SnokeIsStillLameGate?
PhasmaIsStillLameGate?
@ISeeAnIsland

SaucyLoveSceneReyloGate?
No,IAmYourLover!Gate?
ThirdWheelLukeAgainGate?

Oh wait, that's just my wishful thinking. Carry on!!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 16 Jun 2017, 9:14 pm

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

SnokeIsStillLameGate?
PhasmaIsStillLameGate?
@ISeeAnIsland

SaucyLoveSceneReyloGate?
No,IAmYourLover!Gate?
ThirdWheelLukeAgainGate?

@IoJovi

I think I'd get a bigger kick out of LukeTheCockBlockerGate.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 16 Jun 2017, 9:18 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

SnokeIsStillLameGate?
PhasmaIsStillLameGate?
@ISeeAnIsland

SaucyLoveSceneReyloGate?
No,IAmYourLover!Gate?
ThirdWheelLukeAgainGate?

@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

It's posts like these when I wish I could offer more than one like.

lol!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Fri 16 Jun 2017, 9:55 pm

Dammit, I want CapeGate. Why didn't this happen?
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Sat 17 Jun 2017, 8:26 am

GateGate? I think I've zoned out of Gates completely, tbh. Laughing
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 24 Jan 2018, 11:02 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

SnokeIsStillLameGate?
PhasmaIsStillLameGate?
@ISeeAnIsland

SaucyLoveSceneReyloGate?
No,IAmYourLover!Gate?
ThirdWheelLukeAgainGate?

@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

I was wondering what happened to this thread given the frequency of freak outs from other places on the Internet getting dragged over here and lookit that, we did indeed get LukeTheCockBlockerGate.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 24 Jan 2018, 11:37 am

snufkin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

SnokeIsStillLameGate?
PhasmaIsStillLameGate?
@ISeeAnIsland

SaucyLoveSceneReyloGate?
No,IAmYourLover!Gate?
ThirdWheelLukeAgainGate?

Oh wait, that's just my wishful thinking.  Carry on!!!!
@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

I was wondering what happened to this thread given the frequency of freak outs from other places on the Internet getting dragged over here and lookit that, we did indeed get LukeTheCockBlockerGate.
@snufkin

I am literally laughing outloud at this.  Chalk it up to just one more prediction that came true from our camp... Laughing

On another note, and my goal isn't to depress anyone, but rather prepare people with this next sentence.  KyloDiesGate is coming.  I don't know where or when or how or who will fabricate it, and god forbid it'll actually true, but it is coming.  

Brace yourselves, seas might get rough at times.  We'll persevere though, I know it!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 24 Jan 2018, 11:48 am

@IoJovi Considering the track record for 'spoilers' that were out there, Bothan Spy is one of the few who got it right (before disappearing into the ether).

Ah yes, KyloDiesGate, ReyHatesHimandBlocksHisForceSkypeCallsGate, HesEvvvilllerandDiesUnredeemedGate, ReyHasaNiceSensibleBoyfriendNamedPoeDameronGate, ForceGhostLukeReturnstoTellReyShesHisDaughterGate, et cetera et cetera. Somebody will see something on either Reddit or Tumblr and come over here to freak out about it

StarWarsGATE: A comprehensive guide - Page 3 OoVma
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 24 Jan 2018, 11:57 am

snufkin wrote:@IoJovi Considering the track record for 'spoilers' that were out there, Bothan Spy is one of the few who got it right (before disappearing into the ether).

Ah yes, KyloDiesGate, ReyHatesHimandBlocksHisForceSkypeCallsGate, HesEvvvilllerandDiesUnredeemedGate, ReyHasaNiceSensibleBoyfriendNamedPoeDameronGate, ForceGhostLukeReturnstoTellReyShesHisDaughterGate, et cetera et cetera. Somebody will see something on either Reddit or Tumblr and come over here to freak out about it

StarWarsGATE: A comprehensive guide - Page 3 OoVma
@snufkin

And let's not forget my favorite trigger - HugeTimeJumpGate! Which will pair nicely with ReyTrainsBroomBoiAndHisFriendsGate.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 24 Jan 2018, 12:00 pm

@ISeeAnIsland I hadn't heard that one. Is it that she becomes a nice, sensible Kindergarten teacher who starts the Didn't Do Anything Wrong Jedi Order all over again with the help of her supportive/sensible boyfriend, Poe Dameron? I mean we're supposed to get this new version of the Rebellion which sounds like DeGrassi Junior High in Space (yawn).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 24 Jan 2018, 12:48 pm

snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland I hadn't heard that one. Is it that she becomes a nice, sensible Kindergarten teacher who starts the Didn't Do Anything Wrong Jedi Order all over again with the help of her supportive/sensible boyfriend, Poe Dameron? I mean we're supposed to get this new version of the Rebellion which sounds like DeGrassi Junior High in Space (yawn).
@snufkin

Oh yes. Other Corners of the Internet are convinced that we're getting a big time jump (At least 5 years!) so that Rey had time to start up Rey's Home for Force-sensitive Children so that she'll have an army of padawans at her side (while the Resistance rebuilds to match the firepower of the FO) so that Rey and the Beautiful Friendship Gang can easily go head-to-head with Full-Evil Kylo and the FO. And of course, in this scenario, Episode IX opens with Leia's funeral.

FWIW, I do expect a bunch of FAF crack "leaks" to probably follow this story idea.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:00 pm

Every single fake leak is going to have Kylo die, just watch. We all saw how uncreative "leakers" were with his arc when they were making stuff up about TLJ. Laughing

I also bet half of them will forget the Force bond even exists and have no romantic element whatsoever. Until we get closer to release and we get more hints at the romantic element still being intact. Then it'll start being included in the leaks, just like it was in the lead up to TLJ.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:02 pm

I wrote a new guide to our past gates:

ReySoloGate: Rey Solo is debunked by Daisy Ridley. Met with mass hysteria from Rey Solo believers, many of whom jumped on the Rey Skywalker bandwagon instead. Others dug their heels in, became Rey Solo Truthers and went on believing until the bitter end. Edit 2019: With the reemergence of Rey Snowlo as a result of Jason Ward's Patreon podcast this theory has been reignited (somehow).

SpacehoseGate: John Boyega and Kelly Marie Tran’s stunt doubles are spotted on the back of a would-be fathier to the displeasure of FinnRey shippers in particular.

AshGate: JJ Abrams reveals in an interview that the box in which Kylo deposits his helmet is in fact full of the “ashes of his enemies”. Cue one of the biggest Reylo/redemption meltdowns on Tumblr that spawned metas and lasted 3-4 days. 

ReyGate: When questioned by a child JJ Abrams reveals during an obscure conference that “Rey’s parents were not in The Force Awakens”. Simultaneous celebration and meltdowns ensue across the Star Wars fandom’s various platforms as Pablo Hidlago and Daisy Ridley chime in. Abrams later makes a half-hearted attempt to retract the statement but the damage is done for many.

BoyeGate: During Cannes 2016 John Boyega clarifies that Finn and Rey did not develop any kind of romance in The Force Awakens and that no romance would unfold between them in VIII either. As filming for VIII was already underway this served as the nail in the FinnRey coffin for many fans, though some still haven’t given up hope for that Finn/Rose/Rey love-triangle in IX! Funny coming from the same fans who spat on Reylos for wanting a “teen drama in space.”
- This same weekend Daisy, Mark and Adam arrived in Ireland to film Ahch-To segments.

PabloGate: Pablo Hidalgo reveals that he isn't much of an anti-hero fan and Tweets several controversial statements that cause a stir amongst Kylo fans, including the infamous "Rey was raised by sand..." Tweet.

SWCGate: The SWC 2016 art panel contains several Reylo-friendly pieces. Erik Mael’s “Rey’s Abduction” infamously stirs up controversy across the fandom.

CommentaryGate: JJ Abrams’ commentary for The Force Awakens special edition contains many Reylo-heavy confirmations and references, notably revealing that Rey and Kylo would have an interesting relationship going forward and comparing Rey and Kylo to a princess and prince respectively.

PlotGate: The gate that keeps on giving! Kathleen Kennedy and other LucasFilm affiliates are consistently proud to reveal that they have no longterm plan for the Sequel Trilogy and are pretty much making things up as they go along. 

RomanceGate: Vanity Fair’s photoshoot and articles are released to the displeasure of many fans. The most frowned upon article is David Kamp’s ‘What Won’t Be in The Last Jedi’, which calls out Reylo fans as purveyors of “fanfiction fantasies” and includes a quote from VIII director Rian Johnson vaguely implying that there will be no HanLeia-esque central romance in his film. Outrage and confusion ensue because Kamp’s editorial appears to contradict Rian’s actual statement. Kamp is eventually forced to release Johnson’s full transcript, in which it becomes obvious that Kamp misquoted  and even interrupted Johnson mid-explanation. 
- Also includes the severely disappointing Vanity Fair photoshoot. 

BTSGate: A BTS is released in which Daisy and Adam are both shot fighting multiple trainers with sticks. This sparks the debate that Rey and Kylo will team up against Snoke’s heavily marketed Praetorian Guard, much to the chagrin of antis.

HandGate: Any of the multitude of articles and speculation spawned from The Last Jedi’s theatrical trailer, which includes the money-shot of Kylo seemingly extending his hand to Rey. Results in the coining of the term “mISdIreCtioN!?!?” from any and all who refuse to let go of Rey Skywalker, Rey Solo and Kylo and Rey simply fighting to the death and glaring at each other for two more films. Reylo fans on the other hand are thrilled.

MarketingGate: The Last Jedi’s final marketing run that includes the EW covers and articles, Japan’s international trailer and a multitude of other magazine editorials and interviews from the cast and writers.  Rey and Kylo are continuously described as “co-protagonists”, Finn and Rose’s plot is marketed, a “mysterious connection” is constantly teased between Rey and Kylo. Many anti-shippers predictably remain as in denial as ever and become even more hostile, others dig in their heels and some abandon all hope and scream about abuse on Tumblr.

KellogGate: Daisy Ridley debunks a Rey and Poe romance. Sparks controversy as a result of a Chinese-only portion of the interview not included in the conference video where Daisy allegedly calls Kylo “scum”. The article also includes quotes from cast members who weren’t present in China during the conference, causing many Chinese fans to question its validity. The truth may never be known…
VanityFairGate: The Rise of Skywalker's Vanity Fair issue complete with photoshoot by Annie Leibovitz finally comes comes complete with Rey and Kylo on the cover of joint magazine covers. Joanna Robinson teases a "hidden meaning" to the images and the articles are surprisingly Reylo-heavy after The Last Jedi's disappointing Vanity Fair feature.

BastardGate a.k.a. PieceOnTheSideGate: Jason Ward of Making Star Wars who has been the source of many a legit leak shares a podcast with his Patreon-only listeners in which he details supposed "industry rumours" of loveable rogue Han Solo taking a piece of a** on the side when his wife leaves him to train as a Jedi with her hippie brother, leaving Han alone with their 9-year-old son; the affair results in Han's lover falling pregnant and giving birth to bastard Rey Snowlo. The entire fandom is set ablaze and for the first time there is unity in all camps' shared distaste for a single rumour. It is seemingly debunked the following day by loremaster Pablo Hidalgo chiming in on a fake leak for the first time in years: "It contradicts the timeline" and "Didn't we beat this horse to death in 2015?"

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 29 May 2019, 6:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:04 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

You forgot "Pablogate" back when he was tweeting things about Kylo like "Rey was raised by sand, didn't become a murderer". That caused a stir in multiple places and antis ate it up.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:05 pm

My favorite gates, in order: AshGate, ReyGate and HandGate.

There's also BoobGate (Rey's cleavage in the VF shoot offended a specific group of fans and their sensibilities, thus the gate was created).
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:06 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland I hadn't heard that one. Is it that she becomes a nice, sensible Kindergarten teacher who starts the Didn't Do Anything Wrong Jedi Order all over again with the help of her supportive/sensible boyfriend, Poe Dameron? I mean we're supposed to get this new version of the Rebellion which sounds like DeGrassi Junior High in Space (yawn).
@snufkin

Oh yes. Other Corners of the Internet are convinced that we're getting a big time jump (At least 5 years!) so that Rey had time to start up Rey's Home for Force-sensitive Children so that she'll have an army of padawans at her side (while the Resistance rebuilds to match the firepower of the FO) so that Rey and the Beautiful Friendship Gang can easily go head-to-head with Full-Evil Kylo and the FO. And of course, in this scenario, Episode IX opens with Leia's funeral.

FWIW, I do expect a bunch of FAF crack "leaks" to probably follow this story idea.
@ISeeAnIsland

To be honest I'm not sure why some fans believe or want to be this huge time jump.I mean the 3 year time gap between ATOC and RTS allowed for LF to make an animated tv show and other canon materials because it had interesting stories to explore such as Anakin's down spiral,his relationship with Padme/Obi-Wan/Ahsoka,etc while in this case doing a time jump like that doesn't provide any interesting possibilities especially since most of the Resistance was destroyed and Reylo's relationship was left in a limbo so what's left is basically the equivalent of the Scooby Do gang fighting the evil bad guys which is already been done in Rebels,IMO.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:10 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Many anti-shippers predictably remain as in denial as ever and become even more hostile, others dig in their heels and some abandon all hope and scream about abuse on Tumblr.

Let me sum that up:

StarWarsGATE: A comprehensive guide - Page 3 15f08fa90081323a3e2c7e35a5e069aece8ec14188d96f4c86cca782b87110fe
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:11 pm

One of the more hilarious parts of KelloggGate was in the name itself.  When the initial Chinese article came out, Google Translation translated Kylo
s name to Kellogg.  Cue the jokes about cereal and the town of Battle Creek near where I grew up (home of the Kellogg plant, which yes, I did tour as a kid).

I can't help but call him The Mighty Kellogg Ren moving forward...

My favorite gate by far was ReyGate, and I'll remember that night as long as I live.

Last edited by IoJovi on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:12 pm

@ISeeAnIsland - Oh of course, the adorable stable urchins from Canto Bight will team up with their Kindergarten teacher a la the Ewoks! Can't wait for Rey's costume when she's wearing a sensible pastel cardigan that's firmly buttoned up all the way to demonstrate what a good and sensible role model she is for little girls.

FWIW, I think there has to be a bit of a 'cooling off' period between the two of them so that they have time to reflect on what happened and how they feel about each other in the context of their respective sides. Force mandated, of course. Just like splitting the earth to break up their fight. For Rey it's more personal in her friendship with Finn, whatever decision they make about Leia's fate, and ideally just showing Rey and Rose having an actual female friendship on screen as they come to terms with what they've lost (Rose lost her sister & likely last remaining family member; Rey forced to confront what happened with her parents & her feelings about Ben/what happened between them). And Ben's going to have to face the reality that he surpassed his mentors/role model, but at a steep personal cost of betraying Han and falling in love with/losing Rey. All with Hux breathing down his neck. The next chapter is about transitioning from adolescence into adulthood, so they need enough time apart to collect themselves and then start moving forward.

@IoJovi - That's the Mighty Kellogg Ren, Warlord of Battle Creek to you! If he'd just shown Rey the FO cafeteria on that ship with its all you can eat cereal bar, she would've accepted his proposal to be Queen in a heartbeat!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum