Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey

+47
Moonjump05
Camaro
RosiePancake
shii405
gwendy85
Kylo Men
SkyStar
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth Dementor
EchoBase
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
Moonlight13
BastilaBey
reylo1992
snufkin
adamdrivershair
vaderito
IoJovi
guardienne
DarthRen
Reynak
rey09
BenOrgana
ReyofLightSide
fuhry
TheLastJedi
Kyla Ren
Acritiqua
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
tukicarreno
Darth Dingbat
SanghaRen
kroi
Tex
AceofWands
Rimfaxe96
panki
Darth_Awakened
Kessel
ZioRen
Helix
Geralt_Riv
51 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 16 Empty Re: The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey

Post by vaderito Mon 24 Jul 2017, 1:32 pm

dp

Last edited by vaderito on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 16 Empty Re: The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey

Post by Helix Mon 24 Jul 2017, 1:43 pm

I gotta say I'm pretty brutal towards ReySky/Solo now, but I get why people think it or want it. It's valid to want it. I only joke about on it here because I know known of us really believe it, for the most part. It bugs me the way people act like it HAS to be one of those and people who don't agree are delusional, but at one point I was a ReySky believer before the film came out. I'm cool with them as long as people aren't so 'you HAVE to believe it!'. It's more of the desperation for one of them to ignore the reality that Kylo is the Skywalker of this trilogy that I find funny.

but yeah, even 'silly' theories have their place. It's all in fun. There's plenty of Reylo theories I don't agree with at all; but that's magic of the net, there's a variety of ideas and atm none of them are truly 'wrong' until we have the final pieces. That's why I like the advent of the internet, it created a place to share ideas that some would have never thought of or considered if someone hadn't put it out there.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 24 Jul 2017, 1:51 pm

Dp

Last edited by vaderito on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 24 Jul 2017, 1:53 pm

We'd like to remind our users that bashing of any nature, be it actors or characters, is against the forum rules.  Thank you for your understanding.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 24 Jul 2017, 1:58 pm

Helix wrote:I gotta say I'm pretty brutal towards ReySky/Solo now, but I get why people think it or want it. It's valid to want it. I only joke about on it here because I know known of us really believe it, for the most part. It bugs me the way people act like it HAS to be one of those and people who don't agree are delusional, but at one point I was a ReySky believer before the film came out. I'm cool with them as long as people aren't so 'you HAVE to believe it!'. It's more of the desperation for one of them to ignore the reality that Kylo is the Skywalker of this trilogy that I find funny.

but yeah, even 'silly' theories have their place. It's all in fun. There's plenty of Reylo theories I don't agree with at all; but that's magic of the net, there's a variety of ideas and atm none of them are truly 'wrong' until we have the final pieces. That's why I like the advent of the internet, it created a place to share ideas that some would have never thought of or considered if someone hadn't put it out there.
@Helix

You have a point here and I guess I have a confession to make. I think that it's still possible that ReySky and ReySolo can happen, but based on what I've seen in TFA, it isn't very likely. But I've never excluded those theories. Why should I? Anything could happen. And who am I to judge?

I just try to go with the flow and enjoy the anticipation. Still, I can't stop certain headcanons, but I try to be unbiased after all. I've said this before, I was very biased pre TFA and totally pissed knowing Luke would have a cameo. I came out being a bigger fan because of the new characters, because of Kylo.
So, who knows what will happen after I watch TLJ, maybe I'll root for someone else or turn into a bigger Luke fan. I am not sure. Ask me again in December.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 24 Jul 2017, 3:53 pm

@IoJovi
You can defend those hearts in the interrogation 'til your dying breath because I doubt they'll be confirmed or disproved. I said I'd like to know if they are intentional, but then thinking about it, maybe it's also nice if they stay a mystery. I like my mysteries. I like when people see different things in movies. It makes it special for each and every one of us.

And that's my Kong Skull Island parallel and what I describe as an open end which seems to lean towards a working relationship in the after-credits so I guess we can all agree that there's worse parallel. For me:  no smooching, no cheesy dialog, no damsel in distress - she's a tough one -, no superman, they are equals, trying to survive and do the right thing, the rest is their business. I like that because people can have their headcanon with it or ignore it.

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 16 Img_0918

No, the Ahsoka/Kanan parallel will not look like that. Although... Did they hug in SW Rebels? I don't think so. Only Kanan and Hera hug and in an intimate way foreheads together - and Hera and Sabine. Jedis or former Jedis are not the hugging type, it seems. I was always surprised that Ezra and Sabine never hug. I don't see them as a pair, but I could have seen them hug as friends. Sorry, getting carried away. I am thirsty for the 4th season.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 24 Jul 2017, 4:13 pm

EchoBase wrote:
Helix wrote:I gotta say I'm pretty brutal towards ReySky/Solo now, but I get why people think it or want it. It's valid to want it. I only joke about on it here because I know known of us really believe it, for the most part. It bugs me the way people act like it HAS to be one of those and people who don't agree are delusional, but at one point I was a ReySky believer before the film came out. I'm cool with them as long as people aren't so 'you HAVE to believe it!'. It's more of the desperation for one of them to ignore the reality that Kylo is the Skywalker of this trilogy that I find funny.

@Helix

You have a point here and I guess I have a confession to make. I think that it's still possible that ReySky and ReySolo can happen, but based on what I've seen in TFA, it isn't very likely. But I've never excluded those theories. Why should I? Anything could happen. And who am I to judge?

I just try to go with the flow and enjoy the anticipation. Still, I can't stop certain headcanons, but I try to be unbiased after all. I've said this before, I was very biased pre TFA and totally pissed knowing Luke would have a cameo. I came out being a bigger fan because of the new characters, because of Kylo.
So, who knows what will happen after I watch TLJ, maybe I'll root for someone else or turn into a bigger Luke fan. I am not sure. Ask me again in December.
@EchoBase

I think Rey Solo is well and truly dead but a decent-sized part of me hasn't ruled out ReySky. They certainly keep teasing at it and it's easily the safest and most acceptable route to go in what is still often called the "Skywalker saga".
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 24 Jul 2017, 4:40 pm

I think that a non-romantic thread has its place; a romantic outcome might be a preferred option but a Kylo/Rey dynamic without romance is still a realistic scenario, as is the one-sided love (which I'm not sure other people would describe as romantic).
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 24 Jul 2017, 6:32 pm

I know it sounds so simple, but I just want Rey and Kylo's story potential to go somewhere compelling, wherever that may be. I don't want that dynamic and potential to be dropped or forgotten. Not that I think it will be, even if their interactions are being kept a complete secret (just like with TFA). I think odds are good there's going to be a twist to their dynamic and a good potential for positive development  (becoming allies). As long as their dynamic together is explored and developed, I'll be happy. If they're not related and the relationship between them takes any kind of positive turn, the possibility for more (i.e. romance) to develop later is there.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by gwendy85 Mon 24 Jul 2017, 8:39 pm

I've never really believed there would be outright romance between Kylo and Rey, at least in episode 8 (episode 9 is another story). I just want to see them interact onscreen, which is of course inevitable, and for some development to happen in their relationship. Perhaps an understanding between them esp. in terms of how similar they are to each other (lonely, so afraid to leave; at night desperate to sleep....) you get the picture.

I still hold on to the speculation that Kylo will save Rey at some point in TLJ and that will help usher in development for these two. As for romance, I'm still hoping it would happen by the end of 9.
gwendy85
gwendy85
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://gwendy85.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 24 Jul 2017, 8:52 pm

gwendy85 wrote:I've never really believed there would be outright romance between Kylo and Rey, at least in episode 8 (episode 9 is another story). I just want to see them interact onscreen, which is of course inevitable, and for some development to happen in their relationship. Perhaps an understanding between them esp. in terms of how similar they are to each other (lonely, so afraid to leave; at night desperate to sleep....) you get the picture.

I still hold on to the speculation that Kylo will save Rey at some point in TLJ and that will help usher in development for these two. As for romance, I'm still hoping it would happen by the end of 9.
@gwendy85

I've never really questioned what I saw in TFA. I knew there was an underlying attraction that was definitely not familial. That said, while I've never questioned the "if" part, I'm leaving the "how" part wide open. It could be an overt, sweeping romance beginning with an awkward kiss in the middle of VIII, but I think understated is much more likely, especially given Rian's actual VF quote back in May. The audience needs to be on Kylo's side first before any of that comes to fruition. Let's face it, not many in the GA outside our community are at that point yet. Understated is what makes sense for the story. I do believe that VIII will end with the possibility of it, which will be the kicker for the majority of the audience.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 24 Jul 2017, 9:28 pm

The overt all-out sweeping romance would have been my personal preferred option; I like my epic space drama to be epic in all respects.

But considering Rian’s quote and the sheer amount of scrutiny given to the onscreen male/female dynamic these days, that’s unlikely. If the franchise was still a one-person vision like the PT, Lucas probably would have gone ahead with it and not given a damn, but there’s less chance of that happening with the committee film-making (not buying the total freedom spiel, sorry). No one wants their precious property to be torn to shreds in the media like Passengers was.

It depends a lot on Kylo’s redemption arc and how it’s handled. It’s pretty much certain to move that way in TLJ, question is how much and whether it will be enough to get the audience on his side that early in the game. I think it’s hard for us already in the Kylo camp to fully imagine the effort needed to sway the opinion of those who have no sympathy or liking for him whatsoever. I kinda doubt he will get fully redeemed by the end of the middle film and join the Resistance or suchlike. It’s also possible that the whole trilogy could end with a hint that something romantic might happen between the two in the future, in which case we won’t actually get to see the falling in love bit and all.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 07 Aug 2017, 4:08 pm

I had a vivid and crazy dream that I saw TLJ...and I quickly jotted down what I recall of this dream. While reylo can technically still happen in this situation, there was no romance in my dream and the focus was more on their working towards a common goal. In the dream,

- Rey and Kylo are third cousins through Shmi.... there is a flashback where Shmi is kidnapped by slavers and separated from her clan including a brother...and Rey is this brother's descendant. There is some weird twist regarding Anakin's birth also but I don't remember it.

- Kylo is actually a good guy who trusted the wrong people and got framed for crimes he didn't commit...now he is looking for Luke to clear his name.

- Luke went through some arcane ritual in the past to purge his dark side and through some mess up his dark side was this parasitic creature that became Snoke...so they are technically two different people and yet the same so Luke is aware of every crime Snoke commits and it causes him great pain. This left light side Luke a shell of a man who blames himself so has chosen exile....Snoke in the meantime is killing people, especially force users and consuming their life force so he can be powerful enough to do what the Emperor prophesied he could do- rule the galaxy. But Snoke is terrified light side Luke will return and can stop him.

- Snoke wants to kill and consume Kylo last and time is running out for him.

- Snoke also wiped out Rey's whole family because of their bloodline.

There was stuff about Finn, Poe and Rose but I don't remember it. Razz

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 25 Aug 2017, 3:25 pm

I am re-watching the second season of SW Rebels. And looking at this scene, I really had to think about Rey and Kylo. I know I mentioned before that I could see Reylo being more Ahsoka and Kanan, following a tweet from Dave Filoni. But this time it hit me while watching the show. I'd like a scene like that. I am more and more fascinated by a man and a woman working together as equals in movies or TV shows without having any romantic feelings for each other.

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 16 Img_1011

I wanted to post the following video some time ago and did not, so now I do. I really like what Brie Larson says concerning her character and Tom Hiddleston's character in Kong. I think there's beauty in it too and the non romance in Kong was personally refreshing for me. The interactions just felt more genuine, because it was not "I do it because I have feelings for you", but "I do it because I believe in what you are doing"

That's what she says:

When you watch it, you'll realize the film isn't actually about romantic love.

The journalist then says "So, it's a different kind of love?"

Yeah, it's across the board. I think it raises the question, which I think is really important, which is we all have people in our lives... I hope!... That you're willing to go to the end of the line for, that you're willing to risk your life for. It doesn't have to be romantic love. It just can be a person-to-person love.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 2:20 pm

So it looks to me from the trailer that Kylo and Rey might end up having something that resembles a teacher-student relationship. Which leaves me wondering what sort of things Kylo will show her in terms of what her place is.

If Luke essentially refuses to accept her as his pupil and Kylo turns away from Snoke, that would naturally lead these two to finding one another, overcoming their differences and forming an alliance. It's only their respective factions that currently force them to be enemies, imo.

My guess is that Kylo will mentor Rey in the ways of the Force but her training won't be complete by the end of TLJ - I doubt that journey will be over until the trilogy itself is concluded. I'm puzzled though as to why she'd go to Snoke, and how? Does Kylo take her to him?

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 11 Oct 2017, 2:25 pm

Very hot teacher and a very hot student, not that far away age wise and who got tons of things in common. I mean what could possibly happen.

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 16 Giphy

DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 3:00 pm

WhatGirl wrote:So it looks to me from the trailer that Kylo and Rey might end up having something that resembles a teacher-student relationship. Which leaves me wondering what sort of things Kylo will show her in terms of what her place is.

If Luke essentially refuses to accept her as his pupil and Kylo turns away from Snoke, that would naturally lead these two to finding one another, overcoming their differences and forming an alliance. It's only their respective factions that currently force them to be enemies, imo.

My guess is that Kylo will mentor Rey in the ways of the Force but her training won't be complete by the end of TLJ - I doubt that journey will be over until the trilogy itself is concluded. I'm puzzled though as to why she'd go to Snoke, and how? Does Kylo take her to him?
@WhatGirl

I don't know... I see her asking him for help or potentially bringing him food on Ahch-To (if he's ousted) in exchange for lessons or something, but given the whole vibe of how he looked at her at the end of the trailer, part of me thinks it's going to be less teacher-student and more equal footing when he trains her. I can see an alliance between them, for sure. Though I do think he is already taken with her. If it stays non-romantic in Episode 8, I think it's equally going to be pretty clear by the end that he does have feelings for her that aren't strictly platonic.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 11 Oct 2017, 3:01 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:So it looks to me from the trailer that Kylo and Rey might end up having something that resembles a teacher-student relationship. Which leaves me wondering what sort of things Kylo will show her in terms of what her place is.

@WhatGirl

I don't know... I see her asking him for help or potentially bringing him food on Ahch-To (if he's ousted) in exchange for lessons or something, but given the whole vibe of how he looked at her at the end of the trailer, part of me thinks it's going to be less teacher-student and more equal footing when he trains her. I can see an alliance between them, for sure. Though I do think he is already taken with her. If it stays non-romantic in Episode 8, I think it's equally going to be pretty clear by the end that he does have feelings for her that aren't strictly platonic.
@RandomObserver

I have no worries about Kylo having a romantic feelings for Rey but the question if Rey will.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 3:15 pm

DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:

@WhatGirl

@RandomObserver

I have no worries about Kylo having a romantic feelings for Rey but the question if Rey will.
@DarthRen

I put my faith in Carrie's words: "Rey is very forgiving."

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 11 Oct 2017, 3:16 pm

Villanous crush will absolutely be there and this thread reminded me of this old chestnut from the board's early days
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 3:25 pm

I'm not sure if they're still going with Kylo having a crush on Rey. In TFA yes I'd say that was the case. Snoke in the novelization even straight-up calls out Kylo on it. "I perceive the problem. Her strength isn't what is making you fail, it's your weakness." It wasn't about who was stronger in the Force; it was about Kylo's compassion for Rey. But in the new trailer for TLJ it looks like they've decided to just make Rey extremely powerful and have that be the explanation for everything, sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 11 Oct 2017, 3:27 pm

WhatGirl wrote:I'm not sure if they're still going with Kylo having a crush on Rey. In TFA yes I'd say that was the case. Snoke in the novelization even straight-up calls out Kylo on it. "I perceive the problem. Her strength isn't what is making you fail, it's your weakness." It wasn't about who was stronger in the Force; it was about Kylo's compassion for Rey. But in the new trailer for TLJ it looks like they've decided to just make Rey extremely powerful and have that be the explanation for everything, sigh.
@WhatGirl

Did you saw those puppy eyes? I mean, if that is not a compassion.

The Potentially Non-Romantic Connection Between Kylo Ren and Rey - Page 16 NGOFmU1
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 11 Oct 2017, 3:31 pm

@WhatGirl
Rather than straight teacher-student I really got the sense that what we're getting is more about peers who share a #RAHPOWAH (courtesy of @Vaderito) finding a new way together. This was always one of my favourite "theories" for what kind of story this might be, so I'm thrilled.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 11 Oct 2017, 3:34 pm

WhatGirl wrote:I'm not sure if they're still going with Kylo having a crush on Rey. In TFA yes I'd say that was the case. Snoke in the novelization even straight-up calls out Kylo on it. "I perceive the problem. Her strength isn't what is making you fail, it's your weakness." It wasn't about who was stronger in the Force; it was about Kylo's compassion for Rey. But in the new trailer for TLJ it looks like they've decided to just make Rey extremely powerful and have that be the explanation for everything, sigh.
@WhatGirl

Compassion was a book-only thing though and was never shown in the film. The whole interrogation scene is quite different in the film. But Kylo's interest in Rey, even before he finds out about the power, is all there.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 3:39 pm

Saracene wrote:
@WhatGirl

Compassion was a book-only thing though and was never shown in the film. The whole interrogation scene is quite different in the film. But Kylo's interest in Rey, even before he finds out about the power, is all there.
@Saracene

Sad that they filmed a scene for it and then deleted it. Maybe because they're not going in that direction after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next