Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snoke in Episode IX

+18
Ramblingrose
SkyStar
ZioRen
lauvamp
snufkin
giaciak2
AhsokaTano
Teo oswald
Starliteprism
FrolickingFizzgig
bashfulblueeyes3
Gemlake
TheBastardofMandalore
Darth_Awakened
DeeBee
reylo1992
ISeeAnIsland
BB-Rey
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Snoke in Episode IX Empty Snoke in Episode IX

Post by BB-Rey Fri 22 Dec 2017, 8:50 pm

In The Last Jedi Snoke met his end, or did he?

I've been going through Reddit, YouTube, and information I discovered on other mediums to come up with a theory.

The ring, what does it mean? Where does it come from? According to csnon material the ring belonged to the Four Sages of Dwartii named Braata, Faya, Sistros, and Yanjon, philosophers and lawmakers from the early formation of the Galactic Republic. Noteworthy Palpatine had the most admiration for the most controversial member, Sistros. In doing a bit of research on Reddit, I discovered two Reddit comments from two different people. One saying " the crystal is from the catacombs underneath Vader's Castle on Mustafar home to a Sith temple and the writing is that used by the Dwartii". The other whom mentioned in reality the engraving on the ring has Chinese like characters in which they took to mean "Third Man". I would venture to theorize the ring belonged to Sistros at one point but, how the ring came to be in Snoke's possession is still very much something I'm thinking we may yet explore but would it be possible it's what Palpatine was searching for on Jakku? What does the ring enable? Could it be an enabler that's given Snoke to ability to live, to cheat death?

If we recall in Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine tells Anakin, " To cheat death is the power only one has achieved but, if we work together, I know we can discover the secret." Could he be talking about Sistros or an ancient Sith from from over a millennia ago? A time before the formation of the Republic and the war in which Sio Bibble spoke of in Attack of the Clones and the one time the Sith ruled the galaxy as mentioned also by Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith. Could this little ring be the cause of much more than meets the eye?

Snoke in Episode IX Sge464xm1i501

As a matter of fact. A little thing, according Fantha Tracks the working title for Star Wars: Episode IX is ..... Carbonado Industries.

Last edited by BB-Rey on Sat 23 Dec 2017, 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Snoke in Episode IX Empty Re: Snoke in Episode IX

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 22 Dec 2017, 10:19 pm

Although it's possible that Snoke is still around in some form, I do hope that Kylo did kill him--I like the symbolism of Kylo killing his abuser, and I want to see what happens in IX when he no longer has Snoke's voice in his head.

Also, Rian said that he wanted to subvert the master/apprentice Palpatine/Vader dynamic, and that's why he created a situation where Kylo would be in charge of the First Order by the end of TLJ. JJ can obviously undo that if he chooses, but it sounds like Rian's intention was for Snoke to end up dead and for Kylo to end up Supreme Leader.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Fri 22 Dec 2017, 10:41 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

I think this is all very true. However, there's part of me that thinks in order for Rey and Ben to come together they're going to have to work together. What I mean by this is that I think this plays into the threat that Thrawn warned the Empire about. This threat is Snoke and quite possibly the Knights of Ren. We know some of them followed Ben down the Dark path but, what if other fractions were in league with Snoke? What if he convinces the other knights that he was betrayed and they team up to invade the galaxy? This leads to the ultimate showdown of the Jedi, Resistance, and First Order against the Knights of Ren, different creatures, and maybe even gangs we see in The Force Awakens of Guavian Death Gang and Kanjiklub. I think this shows there's something so much bigger to be worried about than the Resistance and First Order.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 22 Dec 2017, 10:55 pm

BB-Rey wrote:@ISeeAnIsland

I think this is all very true. However, there's part of me that thinks in order for Rey and Ben to come together they're going to have to work together. What I mean by this is that I think this plays into the threat that Thrawn warned the Empire about. This threat is Snoke and quite possibly the Knights of Ren. We know some of them followed Ben down the Dark path but, what if other fractions were in league with Snoke? What if he convinces the other knights that he was betrayed and they team up to invade the galaxy? This leads to the ultimate showdown of the Jedi, Resistance, and First Order against the Knights of Ren, different creatures, and maybe even gangs we see in The Force Awakens of Guavian Death Gang and Kanjiklub. I think this shows there's something so much bigger to be worried about than the Resistance and First Order.
@BB-Rey

I was leaning similarly to how you describe before TLJ was released...but TLJ doesn't really lay any groundwork for a bigger threat or parallel threats out there. Doesn't mean that JJ can't pick up that thread and run with it, but I didn't see anything in TLJ to make me think that's how they're going.

I do think that Ben and Rey will need to work together, but I think (at this point, given TLJ) they'll be working on a simpler matter of trying to bring peace and end a war where the two sides just seem determined to blow each other up.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Fri 22 Dec 2017, 11:05 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

I think that could be the point of why we didn't pick up many cues. They want to make it as unexpected as possible. This is why we didn't have any mention of the Knights of Ren. This is why Snoke didn't give much of a fight. He was planting seeds and maybe, just maybe the ring has something to do with all of this and it's much bigger than we think.

I think this could very well be but, in one of the deleted scenes i heard there was a scene in which Finn tried to rally some of the stormtroopers before Phasma stopped it. I think this could be a bit of foreshadowing to what Finn's ultimate purpose in this will be. Rey and Ben will bring Balance of the Force and Finn with the help of Rose and Poe will bring unity of the sides. Maybe even Hux will come to helping them to only betray them in some wau. I think this also has some poetry in that the Naboo and Gungans teamed up, the Rebel Alliance and the Ewoks teamed up, and now in the final stand there's unity against something far worse and greater.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sat 23 Dec 2017, 1:32 am

BB-Rey wrote:In The Last Jedi Snoke met his end, or did he?

I've been going through Reddit, YouTube, and information on I discovered on other mediums to come up with a theory.

The ring, what does it mean? Where does it come from? According to csnon material the ring belonged to the Four Sages of Dwartii named Braata, Faya, Sistros, and Yanjon, philosophers and lawmakers from the early formation of the Galactic Republic. Noteworthy Palpatine had the most admiration for the most controversial member, Sistros. In doing a bit of research on Reddit, I discovered two Reddit comments from two different people. One saying " the crystal is from the catacombs underneath Vader's Castle on Mustafar home to a Sith temple and the writing is that used by the Dwartii". The other whom mentioned in reality the engraving on the ring has Chinese like characters in which they took to mean "Third Man". I would venture to theorize the ring belonged to Sistros at one point but, how the ring came to be in Snoke's possession is still very much something I'm thinking we may yet explore but would it be possible it's what Palpatine was searching for on Jakku? What does the ring enable? Could it be an enabler that's given Snoke to ability to live, to cheat death?

If we recall in Revenge of the Sith, Palpatine tells Anakin, " To cheat death is the power only one has achieved but, if we work together, I know we can discover the secret." Could he be talking about Sistros or an ancient Sith from from over a millennia ago? A time before the formation of the Republic and the war in which Sio Bibble spoke of in Attack of the Clones and the one time the Sith ruled the galaxy as mentioned also by Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith. Could this little ring be the cause of much more than meets the eye?

Snoke in Episode IX Sge464xm1i501

As a matter of fact. A little thing, according Fantha Tracks the working title for Star Wars: Episode IX is ..... Carbonado Industries.
@BB-Rey

I think it is still possible because of that line by Luke:

"Kill me and I will haunt you blablabla...See you around, kid"

Either Luke talked about figurative ghost or it is foreshadowing. So there is still a possibility that Snoke might come back after all. If Luke can come back to "haunt" Ben, why Snoke couldn't?

And let's not forget that this story is very much inspired by BATB and Snoke is very much like Maestro Forte, that manipulative voice that keep corrupting Beast
Snoke in Episode IX Tumbl107

And by the end of TLJ, we are indeed in a situation where Beast has chosen the girl but was kinda betrayed by her. So why having Snoke telling him that the girl misguided him and he made the wrong choice?

Still, I think that killing Snoke and Luke was a way to give more free space to Ben and Rey, and clear the road to redemption for him by having him taking control over his life. So I would rather go that road that Snoke won't come back although I keep this possibility in my mind that Snoke wasn't so stupid and had more than one bag of tricks
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sat 23 Dec 2017, 8:52 am

@reylo1992

Absolutely. All very true.

I think this could really play into his redemption rather than wanting to join Snoke again, as I think it's quite clear how he feels about Snoke but he and Rey will need to team up in order to defeat him for good. As one thing I felt when they were in confrontation with Snoke was they weren't fully in sync with each other. They have to learn to come together in unity and one way to accomplish this is having to go through trials together. Finding solutions to the Resistance and First Order conflict in one way or another, bringing Balance of the Force, and what about Snoke? An obstacle in trying to stop this all from happening. It can't be a bed of roses without a challenge and more conflict. Smile
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 23 Dec 2017, 3:56 pm

I love this thread @BB-Rey! I think IX is left wide open.
I will not be disappointed if Snoke does not still exist in some form or appear in IX. Because whatever they do, I'm sure they'll come up with some great foes to be defeated in IX Smile
However, from first viewing I was asking myself the question - is he really gone? Is it possible his life force exists somewhere in some capacity and he has in a sense retreated to regather his resources and launch a sneak attack in IX?
I wonder because he has survived 1000s of years, I thought a lightsaber sliced through was too simple a way to kill him.
Even before I saw TLJ I was wondering if the only way to kill Snoke would be through a force-based/less physical means: Through bringing balance to the force.
i do love that Kylo is no longer under Snoke's yoke (lol)... it frees his mind..
If Snoke returns I'd be guessing he would be starting from scratch in building up his ability to read Kylo. I could also see Snoke conspiring with Hux - a force wielding baddie other than Kylo is needed for IX.

We learned so little of Snoke in VIII that it is possible he died or that he still exists in some form. JJ can take it where he wants Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sun 24 Dec 2017, 12:06 am

@DeeBee

Thank you so much, Dee Bee! Smile

I agree and really wonder most of the same things! Especially if we finally see the long awaited debut of the Knights of Ren. I go really back and forth with what things could mean for them in the two scenarios of one being Snoke returns and the other being he stays dead.

1. Under a Snoke return. We have the members of Luke's Jedi that left with Ren Ben down the Dark path but I wonder if Snoke had an influence on this. As I remember reading on Wookieepedia that Han felt Snoke was manipulative and he exploited Force sensitives for their powers. I wonder if these are the apprentices who followed Ren Ben. My feeling under a Snoke survives scenario is that there were six others and each of them also became Masters of the Knights of Ren. They each were assigned training of different fractions to train across the Unknown Regions under Snoke's watchful eye until one day revealing this plan to the galaxy. When Ren Ben goes to gather their help they'll turn against him as they feel betrayed by his attempt on Snoke's life. This leads to Ren Ben coming to Rey and the sides coming together with Finn, Rose, and Poe coming to an understanding with the First Order that they all need each others help if they're going to defeat Snoke and his army for good. As well as the possibility Snoke is using creatures like rathtars and the gangs to even more solidify his forces. I think this is the perfect way to tie the whole trilogy together as it brings what was the Clones to now Stormtroopers fighting on the side of good for the right reasons. This could even add more if Rey has trained a group of Jedi to the fight and just maybe if Snoke were Plagueis, he could have influenced Sifo=Dyas to order the Clone Army. (Even the conflict this adds to Ren Ben if we go look at the Opera House scene in Revenge of the Sith) Ulimately, this adds redemption for all the sides and everyone that came before and shows that not everything is always what it seems. This also ties into what Thrawn warned the Empire about in the Unknown Regions. It was beginning even before Ren Ben fell down the Dark path.

2. Snoke is dead. Ren Ben has his band of six other Knights of Ren to help the First Order in their quest for bringing down the Resistance which has grown in fleet and support. A very Return of the Jedi spin of the story.

I agree. It does feel too simply. Especially when Andy Serkis said the character has been through things personally and his scar on his head looks very much like a lightsaber scar. He wouldn't make this same mistake twice, would he?

I never really thought of the how but, I agree.

Lol. Same here. Very Happy

I agree. I think Hux would be the perfect candidate to set the others into a trap where forces of darkness would be waiting for them.

We did! I hope he runs with something that could serve the story, move it forward, and really also bring the saga films full circle. I think it's a perfect way to finish out the old and bring in the new.

Last edited by BB-Rey on Sun 24 Dec 2017, 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 24 Dec 2017, 1:17 am

My money is on the Knights of Ren returning in IX.

Luke's mention of some of the padawans leaving with Ben - points to it.

It will be interesting if they're going to join Kylo or having their own agenda.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Sun 24 Dec 2017, 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sun 24 Dec 2017, 1:30 am

@Darth_Awakened

Agreed. It certainly will be interesting to explore and hopefully see them make their long awaited debut.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 26 Dec 2017, 12:36 am

@BB-Rey

This is a great thread! Thanks for posting it.

I do agree that Snoke’s death seemed way to simple in TLJ and that his ring possibly has something to do with his longevity/ability to cheat death. (Formerly) Darth Maul was cut in half in TPM and survived until Kenobi finally offed him permanently in Rebels season 3. If Maul survived being cut in half, then Snoke, an ancient and extremely powerful being from the unknown regions, could easily survive and more...

Also, to add a bit more to your speculation regarding the ring. We know that Emperor Palpatine had a contingency plan called “Project Resurrection” in SW Battlefront 2 should the Empire fall. But the plan most likely had a double meaning. Not only was the plan meant to resurrect the remnants of the Empire but possibly Snoke as well. The “unknown” dark force that had been calling out to Palpatine.  The Emperor was also collecting ancient Force relics for some unknown reason. Could this ring of the Four Sages be the item that was used to re-awaken a half dead Snoke from some ancient realm/prison/tomb deep in the unknown regions? Think Voldemort from Harry Potter meets Sauron and the Witch King from LOTR. My next question(s) would be then is Snoke the dark sage himself (who might have been banished from his order)? Or, is he an even older being and the Sages were the keepers of the ring?
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Tue 26 Dec 2017, 2:19 am

@TheBastardofMandalore

Thank you! Thank you for also contributing to it. Smile

I agree. I think Snoke went out way too easily. I think this was a test and all part of his bidding. I think his true intentions are his quest for immorality. I think this is in part why he brought Rey and Ren Ben together, they can be used for his will. As Snoke I think makes it clear when he tells Ren Ben that he has raw power and beyond that something truly special and also in The Force Awakens novel how he muses about the finest sculptor needing the finest materials of Light and Dark. I don't think these are things said by accident and without meaning. If Darth Maul can survire so can Snoke!

That's very, very interesting. I wonder ... I would wonder these questions as well. Though, I wonder if he was collecting them to prevent this presence (it must be Snoke) from acquiring them? As we know from Aftermath he wanted the Empire disassembled if he should die and there was the presence that sent probe droids to explore the Emperor's Jakku Observatory which held such Sith relics and the Star Map. Maybe he was trying to protect himself in fear this presence would kill him? As we know Darth Vader couldn't feel it. It makes me think the Emperor was fearful of losing his Empire and grip over the galaxy. Especially with Thrawn's warnings that something far worse is out there in the Unknown Regions.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 26 Dec 2017, 2:57 am

[quote="BB-Rey"]@TheBastardofMandalore

Thank you! Thank you for also contributing to it. Smile

I agree. I think Snoke went out way too easily. I think this way a test and all part of his bidding. I think his true intentions are his quest for immorality. I think this is in part why he brought Rey and Ren Ben together, they can be used for his will. As Snoke I think makes it clear when he tells Ren Ben that he has raw power and beyond that something truly special and also in The Force Awakens novel how he muses about the finest sculptor needing the finest materials of Light and Dark. I don't think these are things said by accident and without meaning. If Darth Maul can survire so can Snoke!

That's very, very interesting. I wonder ... I would wonder these questions as well. Though, I wonder if he was collecting them to prevent this presence (it must be Snoke) from acquiring them? As we know from Aftermath he wanted the Empire blown up if he should pass away and there was a presence that sent probe droids to explore the Emperor's Jakku Observatory which held such Sith relics. Maybe he was trying to protect himself in fear this presence would kill him? As we know Darth Vader couldn't feel it. It makes me think the Emperor was fearful of losing his Empire. Especially with Thrawn warnings that something far worse is out there in the Unknown Regions.

That’s an intriguing way to look at it as well. It’s possible!  Smile

Definitely, I agree that Snoke is looking for a new host in Ben/Kylo. But will he return in episode 9? Snoke is playing a long game. He’s been waiting for a very, very long time. If he deems that Kylo is not fit enough then maybe he will bide his time and wait for...someone else? If Reylo does play out beyond the basic force connection/bond and Rey and Ben do end up “together” could Snoke be waiting for a person not yet born? Someone born with equal power over both light and dark. In essence balance!
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Tue 26 Dec 2017, 4:25 am

@TheBastardofMandalore

Thank you! Smile

Maybe not necessarily a host but more their life force. As Rey seems more on the Light and pure side of the spectrum while Ben is the Dark and raw power. Together they fulfill the unity of the perfect mixture for immorality. Darkness rises.... and  Light to meet it. So, they could both be a Balance at the same time. Maybe Snoke would wait until then.... however one thing that makes me think he's not done yet and will return for Episode IX is this quote from Richard Marquand.

" If you follow the direction, and project into the final trilogy, you realise that you’re going to meet the supreme intellect, and you think how is it possible to create a man who has such profound cunning that he can not only control Darth Vader, but the fate of Luke Skywalker? Control the destiny of the whole galaxy? You’ll be amazed!"
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemlake Wed 10 Jan 2018, 7:18 am

reylo1992 wrote:
@BB-Rey

I think it is still possible because of that line by Luke:

"Kill me and I will haunt you blablabla...See you around, kid"

Either Luke talked about figurative ghost or it is foreshadowing. So there is still a possibility that Snoke might come back after all. If Luke can come back to "haunt" Ben, why Snoke couldn't?

And let's not forget that this story is very much inspired by BATB and Snoke is very much like Maestro Forte, that manipulative voice that keep corrupting Beast
Snoke in Episode IX Tumbl107

And by the end of TLJ, we are indeed in a situation where Beast has chosen the girl but was kinda betrayed by her. So why having Snoke telling him that the girl misguided him and he made the wrong choice?

Still, I think that killing Snoke and Luke was a way to give more free space to Ben and Rey, and clear the road to redemption for him by having him taking control over his life. So I would rather go that road that Snoke won't come back although I keep this possibility in my mind that Snoke wasn't so stupid and had more than one bag of tricks
@reylo1992

I agree, reylo1992, that Snoke probably isn't coming back.  But the force ghost angle is interesting.  The production team contemplated the idea of dark side force ghosts.  See this concept art from the Last Jedi book:
Snoke in Episode IX Star-w10

The caption reads:  “We’ve seen dead Jedi come back as blue ghosts. Maybe Sith can come back. And maybe there’s some all powerful Sith that’s controlling whatever the dark side is. We did talk a lot about how the final battle frontier for Jedi might be in the spirit realm. So you have to have a bad-guy ghost.”  http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/12/19/star-wars-art-of-the-last-jedi-concept-piece-sees-luke-visited-by-a-sith-force-ghost/

Gemlake
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Wed 10 Jan 2018, 8:50 am

@Gemlake

That's very interesting. I remember George being opposed to Sith becoming Force ghosts. I wonder if that's why they dropped the idea? I wonder too what truly becomes of the Jedi when they join the Netherworld. As both Obi-Wan and now Luke mention becoming more powerful than Darth Vader and Kylo Ren, respectively. I do wonder rather Snoke survives or not as that goes in line with a Sith  (although maybe former at this point) manipulating everything to his design. There's so many potential dynamics as to where things will end in Episode IX.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Wed 10 Jan 2018, 9:43 am

Oh wow, this is so my head cannon. I do think that Snoke is dead physically, but he is so powerful, he could make a great dark force ghost. Remember, he is not a Sith, so maybe he is the exception, if they are going to continue the cannon. I would think they would have to have some kind of epic battle for Jedi in the last movie and I don't think that it is going to be between Kylo and Rey. I think that those two are going to resolve their differences somewhere in the middle of the movie and have to team up again at the end. We know the resistance part of the movie will be battling the FO, so who is Ben and Rey going to battle on the Jedi front? JJ said that this movie does not just end the trilogy, but all of the nine movies. Ewan Mcgregor is working out and looking like he just came out of Revenge of the sith with that beard, but filming for Kenobi, if rumor is true, does not begin until early next year. What if the final epic battle is bringing back force ghosts to battle against Snoke? Sound crazy, but then I look at the picture of Luke with that Sith ghost. Also Rian has added two new force tricks. One, Luke projected a younger version on himself across the galaxy, I am thinking of Ewan on this. Second, Yoda was able to manipulate solid objects and use the force, even in his ghost state. Remember, he rapped Luke with his cane. The possibilities are endless, it would be so great to see old characters fighting with new characters in an epic battle. I also saw a picture of o Liam Neeson recently, where he was sporting a beard and longer hair, now I know this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it make one go think.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Wed 10 Jan 2018, 10:05 am

@bashfulblueeyes3

Oh my gosh. This sounds so exciting and even cooler hearing it like this! I remenber Qui-Gon told Yoda that his training was left incomplete during the Lost Missions but maybe Obi-Wan and Yoda helped him. Either that or we could see him in the Obi-Wan spinoff. It would be really fun if it could span three eras of his life. One thing I've floated around a few times is that Rey and Ben will come together at the same time the First Order and Resistance do the same against the Knights of Ren. At the same point Rey has a group of Jedi that she's trained. So, what if there's Jedi from both her training and Force Ghost against the Knights of Ren, whom are an army of sorts that mirror the Sith of old? Which leads to a final showdown between the Jedi, Force Ghost Jedi, First Order, and Resistance versus the Knights of Ren, Kanjiklub, Guavian Death Gang, and Slaves and Creatures from the Unknown Regions. This leads to a giant final battle that is very similar to the large scale war that took place before the formation of the Republic.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 10 Jan 2018, 3:15 pm

Snoke in Episode IX LL
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 10 Jan 2018, 3:34 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Snoke in Episode IX LL
@FrolickingFizzgig

HAHAHAHA...This made my belly hurt with laughter. lol!
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 10 Jan 2018, 3:37 pm

bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:Oh wow, this is so my head cannon.  I do think that Snoke is dead physically, but he is so powerful, he could make a great dark force ghost.  Remember, he is not a Sith, so maybe he is the exception, if they are going to continue the cannon.  I would think they would have to have some kind of epic battle for Jedi in the last movie and I don't think that it is going to be between Kylo and Rey.  I think that those two are going to resolve their differences somewhere in the middle of the movie and have to team up again at the end. We know the resistance part of the movie will be battling the FO, so who is Ben and Rey going to battle on the Jedi front?  JJ said that this movie does not just end the trilogy, but all of the nine movies.  Ewan Mcgregor is working out and looking like he just came out of Revenge of the sith with that beard, but filming for Kenobi, if rumor is true, does not begin until early next year.  What if the final epic battle is bringing back force ghosts to battle against Snoke? Sound crazy, but then I look at the picture of Luke with that Sith ghost. Also Rian has added two new force tricks.  One, Luke projected a younger version on himself across the galaxy, I am thinking of Ewan on this. Second, Yoda was able to manipulate solid objects and use the force, even in his ghost state. Remember, he rapped Luke with his cane. The possibilities are endless, it would be so great to see old characters fighting with new characters in an epic battle.  I also saw a  picture of o Liam Neeson recently, where he was sporting a beard and longer hair,  now I know this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it make one go think.
@bashfulblueeyes3

Snoke in Episode IX Liam-Neeson-Taken-FTR

It could work. bounce
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 10 Jan 2018, 4:34 pm

@Starliteprism @bashfulblueeyes3 @BB-Rey

Not about Snoke's ring.. lol... but I see talk of Qui-Gon Jinn here so thought I'd mention... I may have overlooked this but I can't see it's been shared on these boards.. The new Kenobi longer trailer has been released..
So at this point, we know Qui-Gon is in Kenobi.

- looks like Qui-Gon visits Obi-Wan and they are having a conversation..
Qui-Gon is asking if Obi-wan did what Qui-Gon asked and trained Anakin... So quite likely we will see Qui-Gon Jinn force Ghost in Kenobi.
The movie looks very intense and introspective!

In terms of force ghosts.. Yoda's voice over is interesting.. I know he says something like this in ROTS but I haven't checked if this is the exact dialogue (anyone?)
Yoda's voice over in the trailer says to Obi-Wan: " In your solitude on Tattoine, training I have for you. An old friend has learned a path to immortality.
One who has returned from the netherworld of the force. Your old master."
So there is a netherworld of the force that Qui-Gon returned from.. and Yoda thinks being a FG means you are immortal.

I wonder.. do dark siders or Sith go to the netherworld of the force too? If so, could they find a way back also?
I suspect given the tone of the trailer there will be much in Kenobi about both the dark and light sides of the force!

[mods if you want to copy this over to a Kenobi thread feel free to]

@FrolickingFizzgig  - half off Snoke is genius! Thanks so much for sharing that!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 10 Jan 2018, 5:13 pm

DeeBee wrote:@Starliteprism @bashfulblueeyes3 @BB-Rey

Not about Snoke's ring.. lol... but I see talk of Qui-Gon Jinn here so thought I'd mention... I may have overlooked this but I can't see it's been shared on these boards.. The new Kenobi longer trailer has been released..

Qui-Gon is asking if Obi-wan did what Qui-Gon asked and trained Anakin... So quite likely we will see Qui-Gon Jinn force Ghost in Kenobi.

In terms of force ghosts.. Yoda's voice over is interesting.. I know he says something like this in ROTS but I haven't checked if this is the exact dialogue (anyone?)
Yoda's voice over in the trailer says to Obi-Wan: " In your solitude on Tattoine, training I have for you. An old friend has learned a path to immortality.
So there is a netherworld of the force that Qui-Gon returned from.. and Yoda thinks being a FG means you are immortal.

I wonder.. do dark siders or Sith go to the netherworld of the force too? If so, could they find a way back also?
I suspect given the tone of the trailer there will be much in Kenobi about both the dark and light sides of the force!

@FrolickingFizzgig  - half off Snoke is genius! Thanks so much for sharing that!!
@DeeBee

Think this is footage from a 2016 movie with Mcgregor, not Kenobi unfortunately. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDfySDiGeh8
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 10 Jan 2018, 5:41 pm

Starliteprism wrote:
DeeBee wrote:@Starliteprism @bashfulblueeyes3 @BB-Rey

@DeeBee

Think this is footage from a 2016 movie with Mcgregor, not Kenobi unfortunately. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDfySDiGeh8
@Starliteprism

Oh boo really?! i thought we were finally seeing some footage!
Thanks for setting me straight Starliteprism. The wait continues! Smile

edited to add-so this must be the actual dialogue from ROTS then that Yoda says.. that answers that question I had at least so not a complete loss! Smile

Last edited by DeeBee on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum