Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many times have you seen TLJ?

+36
unicorn
giaciak2
nickandnora
motherofpearl1
Dar-ren19
thescavenger
BB-Rey
KyleWren
Let The Past Die
LadyHa
Teo oswald
Night Huntress
AhsokaTano
Lamiller1390
PalmettoBlue
Kyla Ren
Kessel
Cowgirlsamurai
SanghaRen
ISeeAnIsland
MrsWindu
Tex
Saracene
Starliteprism
EchoBase
IoJovi
cherrylipstick
Geralt_Riv
Atenais
SkyStar
snufkin
lauvamp
SheLitAFire
KnightsofReylo_2015
Irina de France
adamdrivershair
40 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

How Many Times Have You Seen TLJ?

How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap22%How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 20 ]
How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 18 ]
How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap19%How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 17 ]
How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap14%How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 13 ]
How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap3%How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap7%How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 6 ]
How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap1%How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap3%How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 90

How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Empty Re: How many times have you seen TLJ?

Post by Starliteprism Mon 22 Jan 2018, 8:32 am

IoJovi wrote:I too would like to go for #7. I have yet to see it in 3D, as I usually don’t care for 3D, but it’s been a long time. For those of you who have seen it in 3D, how was it?
@IoJovi

I think I enjoyed it best in IMAX 2-D, but my brain isn't entirely wired for the 3D. Not saying it was bad, just the transition of trying to get used to it.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

How many times have you seen TLJ? - Page 5 Empty Re: How many times have you seen TLJ?

Post by SanghaRen Mon 22 Jan 2018, 12:49 pm

IoJovi wrote:I too would like to go for #7. I have yet to see it in 3D, as I usually don’t care for 3D, but it’s been a long time. For those of you who have seen it in 3D, how was it?
@IoJovi

I am not into 3D at all, but I saw it 3 times in 3D - and 5 times in 2D. One was really bad and the two others were awesome, I did not experience any nausea or bluriness and seeing Ben’s hand reach out of the screen is fantastic - gotta restrain yourself not to reach back. It depends on the type of 3D format. The enjoyable format was what they call Real 3D here and I bought bigger glasses from Amazon. The really bad one was digital 3D and I used the glasses provided by the cinema which were heavier and constraining. It felt like watching through a fogged up round window with only the center being sharp surrounded by a halo.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Mon 22 Jan 2018, 6:26 pm

OK, so this afternoon it was my 3rd time. I went to the cinema in Barcelona with a friend (she is not a Reylo but she also sees the potential of their relationship).

The more I watch the movie, the more:

1) I like it
2) I understand it
3) I'm convinced Rian loves Adam because he looks more beautiful than ever
4) My crush on Kylo/Ben/Adam gets worse
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:21 am

@Starliteprism

I saw it in 2D IMAX at the BFI for my 5th viewing and it was really enlightening. So I completely agree with you, IMO it was my best experience of the film. Very immersive.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 23 Jan 2018, 6:41 am

SanghaRen wrote:
@IoJovi

I am not into 3D at all, but I saw it 3 times in 3D - and 5 times in 2D. One was really bad and the two others were awesome, I did not experience any nausea or bluriness and seeing Ben’s hand reach out of the screen is fantastic - gotta restrain yourself not to reach back. It depends on the type of 3D format. The enjoyable format was what they call Real 3D here and I bought bigger glasses from Amazon. The really bad one was digital 3D and I used the glasses provided by the cinema which were heavier and constraining. It felt like watching through a fogged up round window with only the center being sharp surrounded by a halo.
@SanghaRen

We have real 3D here so thanks for the suggestion. I will check this out while I still have a chance!

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 23 Jan 2018, 6:46 am

IoJovi wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:I too would like to go for #7.  I have yet to see it in 3D, as I usually don’t care for 3D, but it’s been a long time.  For those of you who have seen it in 3D, how was it?
@IoJovi

@SanghaRen

We have real 3D here so thanks for the suggestion.  I will check this out while I still have a chance!

@IoJovi

I recall Rian's tweet that he himself is not a fan of 3D but they tried to make TLJ one really good - everyone I knew liked the 3D version, even those who usually hate 3D so I guess they succeeded. I also liked TLJ in 3D.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 23 Jan 2018, 11:42 am

thescavenger wrote:@Starliteprism

I saw it in 2D IMAX at the BFI for my 5th viewing and it was really enlightening. So I completely agree with you, IMO it was my best experience of the film. Very immersive.
@thescavenger

My local cinema has very limited viewings left from the end of this week and beginning of next, and seems like the IMAX 2D is the one standing solo. Will give it another whirl then. :-p
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Tue 23 Jan 2018, 2:53 pm

4. I'll be seeing it again today with my nieces and nephews for the AMC Tuesday member discount Cool
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 24 Jan 2018, 12:49 pm

Penciled in 7th viewing for next Wednesday IMAX 2D with a friend. bounce
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Thu 25 Jan 2018, 5:05 pm

8 times Laughing
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 26 Jan 2018, 5:09 am

6th time tonight, had a blast again Smile The least responsive audience though, quiet as a mouse.

This is now equal with TFA so I'll probably stop here... until they have more IMAX screenings in three weeks' time and I could be tempted again.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 26 Jan 2018, 8:22 am

lauvamp wrote:OK, so this afternoon it was my 3rd time. I went to the cinema in Barcelona with a friend (she is not a Reylo but she also sees the potential of their relationship).

1) I like it
2) I understand it
@lauvamp

Quoted for truth. Just about everything here I agree with. I am constantly fed up with the horrible opinions some people have on this film. Youtube is the worst of them, but although people are entitled to their views saying things like : Adam is hideous - hes beautiful. Not handsome,beautiful. Kelly can't act - breakout star of the movie. John looks like a Gamorean guard - this guy is a strong contender for a young Denzil Washington Grow up guys:evil:
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Fri 26 Jan 2018, 8:45 am

I just watched it the 7th time and knew that was probably going to be my last, so everytime Carrie Fisher came on I kept sobbing because I knew that was my last time seeing her on the big screen. The Leia Poppins scene definitely hit me in a completely new way. She was so beautiful and to see her come back to life after thinking she was gone, it was a real "breaking the fourth wall" spark of hope for me.

Last edited by thescavenger on Fri 26 Jan 2018, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Fri 26 Jan 2018, 8:53 am

7th viewing in the proverbial bag, IMAX 2-D. One last watch planned with a friend, mid-week next week, and I believe my local cinema will be done showing as down to one show a day. :-p
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Fri 26 Jan 2018, 8:57 am

lauvamp wrote:OK, so this afternoon it was my 3rd time. I went to the cinema in Barcelona with a friend (she is not a Reylo but she also sees the potential of their relationship).

1) I like it
2) I understand it
@lauvamp

1) Yup
2) Yip
3) Uh huh
4) Giiiiiirrrrrrl, I hear ya loud and e-clear.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Fri 26 Jan 2018, 9:13 am

I saw it for the third time this week, and I have to say that it gets tighter with every viewing. I would say that the only things left that feel extraneous are:1 ) the "horse" freeing/escape on Canto Bight (not even the rest of Canto Bight, just this part) and even then I suspect it will be pretty thematically connected to what occurs in IX and 2) the make-up job on Daisy Ridley. Not sure if they were going for a more polished, grown-up look to symbolize her growing sexuality or whatever, but it was especially distracting on Ahch-To. She looked too perfect.

Other than that, the movie is SOLID.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa Fri 26 Jan 2018, 5:35 pm

After last night, I have now seen it 4 times! (I don't count times 1 & 3, however, because they were at an older theatre within walking distance of my house and must be running their bulb low, -the screenings were so dim, I could barely tell what was happening.) In a good theater, you can see and hear so many details in this film, even after multiple viewings. (And, I was surprised to find that several parts still made me cry!)
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 30 Jan 2018, 10:14 am

Watched it for an 8th time, IMAX 2-D. I was suspecting that this would be the last time, but looked ahead and cinema still has some showings for next week. Guess what I'll be watching then? Haha.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 30 Jan 2018, 10:42 am

nickandnora wrote:I saw it for the third time this week, and I have to say that it gets tighter with every viewing. I would say that the only things left that feel extraneous are:1 ) the "horse" freeing/escape on Canto Bight (not even the rest of Canto Bight, just this part) and even then I suspect it will be pretty thematically connected to what occurs in IX and 2) the make-up job on Daisy Ridley. Not sure if they were going for a more polished, grown-up look to symbolize her growing sexuality or whatever, but it was especially distracting on Ahch-To. She looked too perfect.

Other than that, the movie is SOLID.
@nickandnora

You lose the "time is of the essence" aspect of Canto Bight the most with the Fathiers. Every time I hear Finn say "It was worth it, to tear up that town. Make 'em hurt," I just want to scream, "YOU DON'T HAVE TIME!!! THE FUEL!!! WHERE IS YOUR SENSE OF URGENCY???" Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 30 Jan 2018, 10:45 am

Starliteprism wrote:Watched it for an 8th time, IMAX 2-D. I was suspecting that this would be the last time, but looked ahead and cinema still has some showings for next week. Guess what I'll be watching then? Haha.
@Starliteprism

Me too....8th time tomorrow, still showing next week, really looking forward to it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 30 Jan 2018, 10:50 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:Watched it for an 8th time, IMAX 2-D. I was suspecting that this would be the last time, but looked ahead and cinema still has some showings for next week. Guess what I'll be watching then? Haha.
@Starliteprism

Me too....8th time tomorrow, still showing next week, really looking forward to it.
@motherofpearl1

I just love it that I get so pumped/excited and still look forward to watching and then whilst at the cinema, it doesn't feel like it gets old. Very Happy

Enjoy your next viewing!!
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 31 Jan 2018, 1:01 am

Some lovely commentary from a very Texas sounding guy in my theater tonight with a, “Heh heh heh,” laugh:

Finn: Where’s Rey?
She’s with her daddy

Luke: Who are you?
She’s your daughter, dumbass.

Kylo: You will bring Luke Skywalker to me.
You ain’t Darth Vader, b****.

Boulder hits caretakers’ cart
Yeees.

Ben stabs last Praetorian
Bad. a**!

Rey considers pile of rocks blocking the cave
Use the Force, girl.

Broomboi
Ah!!! Jedi!

I think he loved it Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 31 Jan 2018, 1:06 am

@Cowgirlsamurai My 2nd viewing of Star Wars as a child, we had two elderly ladies sitting behind us who had a running commentary. I just remember when Darth Vader and Obi-Wan have their lightsaber fight, hearing them behind me going "Gooooood versus EEEEvil," "Mmmmhmmm."

I may have some free time on Thursday to go see a movie and I'm really torn. I missed out on another IMAX showing because I've been sick and the theater switched over last week to a new movie. And I really need to see The Phantom Thread and The Shape of Water. So I'm pretty torn about spending my time/money on a 4th showing versus checking them out.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:24 am

@Starliteprism

I've seen it 8 times, and I suspect I'll be doing exactly the same next week!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:26 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Starliteprism

I've seen it 8 times, and I suspect I'll be doing exactly the same next week!
@motherofpearl1

I just did #7 last week.  When I feel like I'm finally getting ahead of the pack, everyone jumps one to steps ahead of me.  Laughing

Of course when the Blue Ray comes out, it won't even matter - everyone will be in the double digits by then...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum