Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Positive Thoughts for IX, the Reylo edition

+24
californiagirl
Kessel
ZioRen
Kylo Rey
IoJovi
nickandnora
Teo oswald
MyOnlyHope
giaciak2
SheLitAFire
Asphodel
grimbergen
shii405
Gemlake
thescavenger
Night Huntress
SkyStar
lauvamp
Kylo Men
Saracene
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonjump05
PalmettoBlue
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Positive Thoughts for IX, the Reylo edition - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive Thoughts for IX, the Reylo edition

Post by giaciak2 Wed 31 Jan 2018, 6:04 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Reposting from another thread:

It's always been about story structure for me so ending VIII with Renperor is the best possible thing that could have happened for endgame Reylo. It's a means of dragging the conflict along, focusing the heart of the narrative's drama on Rey and Kylo and most importantly postponing resolution for the end. Not the middle, as would have been the case with any Ronin Rey and Kylo scenario. The actual end.

Upset Annes are never going to realize it but Rey and Kylo failing to find unity or achieve any resolution at the end of the second of three films (and after defining their romantic connection thoroughly) makes endgame Reylo 110% inevitable. Ben Solo's soul and reciprocated Reylo are the goals of this three act story, not pit stops along the way to defeating Snoke. Interestingly that's why TLJ sort of has a "fillery" feel in some parts -- that's kind of what it is. It focuses on the evolution of Rey and Kylo's romantic dynamic without resolving anything, and intentionally so. It provides us with the perfect minimalist foundation for a star-crossed lovers trajectory, deals with Kylo's backstory, humanizes him to the max and sets up a completely electric, forbidden and tragic conflict all amping us up for the final clash of ideologies and lightsabers.

Structurally Reylo actually follows a romance slated for a happy ending or at least an optimistic and satisfying resolution, a.k.a. the most basic romance structure ever and the one found in all romantic comedies: Laughing

Positive Thoughts for IX, the Reylo edition - Page 2 Romantic+structure+diagram

And here is Rian Johnson's quote from People Magazine this week when asked "how he feels about being the chief architect behind a potentially devastating romantic tragedy."
“Well I’ll say the two characters and how they [interact], like in The Force Awakens, the interrogation scene, that was one of the most intriguing scenes to me both on the page and when I saw the scene that J.J. [Abrams] created. So I think he set up this very interesting dynamic. And then to get to play with it in this movie and now, to get to hand it back to J.J. and see how it gets resolved, I’m really, really excited to see what happens.”

And an addition... I don't have a whole lot of experience "shipping", but my education is in English lit (I focused on children's lit) and my track record for predicting the direction narrative character dynamics will take is pretty spotless. All I can say is I have developed very good instincts and I trust them. Reylo was just another checkmark on a very long list for me because the trajectory was always painfully clear. It was just a question of how it would get there and what kind of redemption/love story it would be.
@FrolickingFizzgig

What you wrote is too good. when I will be depressed, I will read what you have written here. Cry
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Positive Thoughts for IX, the Reylo edition - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive Thoughts for IX, the Reylo edition

Post by Asphodel Wed 31 Jan 2018, 6:23 am

@FrolickingFizzgig your message just gave me hope !
Asphodel
Asphodel
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12795373/1/Sparks

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Wed 31 Jan 2018, 7:26 am

@giaciak2 @Asphodel @FrolickingFizzgig

Same here Sad I love you really appreciated!
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 31 Jan 2018, 8:29 am

It's always been about story structure for me so ending VIII with Renperor is the best possible thing that could have happened for endgame Reylo. It's a means of dragging the conflict along, focusing the heart of the narrative's drama on Rey and Kylo and most importantly postponing resolution for the end. Not the middle, as would have been the case with any Ronin Rey and Kylo scenario. The actual end.

Upset Annes are never going to realize it but Rey and Kylo failing to find unity or achieve any resolution at the end of the second of three films (and after defining their romantic connection thoroughly) makes endgame Reylo 110% inevitable. Ben Solo's soul and reciprocated Reylo are the goals of this three act story, not pit stops along the way to defeating Snoke. Interestingly that's why TLJ sort of has a "fillery" feel in some parts -- that's kind of what it is. It focuses on the evolution of Rey and Kylo's romantic dynamic without resolving anything, and intentionally so. It provides us with the perfect minimalist foundation for a star-crossed lovers trajectory, deals with Kylo's backstory, humanizes him to the max and sets up a completely electric, forbidden and tragic conflict all amping us up for the final clash of ideologies and lightsabers.

Structurally Reylo actually follows a romance slated for a happy ending or at least an optimistic and satisfying resolution, a.k.a. the most basic romance structure ever and the one found in all romantic comedies: Laughing

And here is Rian Johnson's quote from People Magazine this week when asked "how he feels about being the chief architect behind a potentially devastating romantic tragedy."
“Well I’ll say the two characters and how they [interact], like in The Force Awakens, the interrogation scene, that was one of the most intriguing scenes to me both on the page and when I saw the scene that J.J. [Abrams] created. So I think he set up this very interesting dynamic. And then to get to play with it in this movie and now, to get to hand it back to J.J. and see how it gets resolved, I’m really, really excited to see what happens.”

And an addition... I don't have a whole lot of experience "shipping", but my education is in English lit (I focused on children's lit) and my track record for predicting the direction narrative character dynamics will take is pretty spotless. All I can say is I have developed very good instincts and I trust them. Reylo was just another checkmark on a very long list for me because the trajectory was always painfully clear. It was just a question of how it would get there and what kind of redemption/love story it would be.
@FrolickingFizzgig
In support, a quote from Kathleen Kennedy in which she underlines the three act structure that's being followed with the ST.
“There's no question that this is set up as a trilogy, and that three-act structure of the set-up, the conflict, and the resolution very much is what we have planned.”
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 31 Jan 2018, 8:48 am

practically Rian launched the bomb by putting our protagonists against again "JJ I broke up Reylo, assemble the pieces" Smile

In this trilogy nothing is as it seems, Rian makes fans believe that in the next episode everything will go to hell, take viewers to the wrong path. It was seen in episode VII, I also fell for it but now I understand. For example, Snoke, everyone believed, me too, who was the real enemy, this led the fans to create theories of him because they thought he would be the bad guy to defeat like Palpatine. But this did not happen. The Star Wars team never said, "you'll find out more about Snoke in the next movie" these were just our theories, that's why Snoke's death was unpredictable. Even the lineage of Rey was predictable, but many fans believed in it and developed theories. This is what Star Wars does, leading people to believe in something. But there are people (like the Reylo fans who are not fooled) have predicted most things, and this is crazy Smile
So if a fan thinks oh no Reylo is dead, or not now Kylo is the enemy, he can not redeem himself, it is wrong because nothing is as it seems in this trilogy. It will still astonish us as it did in previous episodes.

Let the past die, leave the old episodes and face this last episode with different eyes
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:00 am

Honestly, one of my favourite parts of that three act romance is the separation, easily. So much juicy stuff happens in the separation, so many realizations. My favourite is Jane Eyre (which I think Reylo is being modelled after, heavily) when, a year after Jane leaves Rochester, she hears him calling out to her in his pain and anguish, and she knows she has to return to him, and it's later revealed that he heard her calling out to him too. Something like that is *totally* going to happen to Reylo in IX. I mean... they have a force bond. They can literally tap into each other, lol. It's already built in.

So yeah, separation is good stuff.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:29 am

nickandnora wrote:Honestly, one of my favourite parts of that three act romance is the separation, easily. So much juicy stuff happens in the separation, so many realizations. My favourite is Jane Eyre (which I think Reylo is being modelled after, heavily) when, a year after Jane leaves Rochester, she hears him calling out to her in his pain and anguish, and she knows she has to return to him, and it's later revealed that he heard her calling out to him too. Something like that is *totally* going to happen to Reylo in IX. I mean... they have a force bond. They can literally tap into each other, lol. It's already built in.

@nickandnora

There's a SWC podcast about Reylo & literary references, including lots of time dedicated to Jane Eyre, coming out soon! Lolilol
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:35 am

MyOnlyHope wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig
In support, a quote from Kathleen Kennedy in which she underlines the three act structure that's being followed with the ST.
“There's no question that this is set up as a trilogy, and that three-act structure of the set-up, the conflict, and the resolution very much is what we have planned.”
@MyOnlyHope

This post literally made me giddy when I read it.  Thanks for making my freaking day!!! cheers cheers cheers  

I also get excited whenever I see the episode IX emblem in blue (as opposed to TLJ's red, the trilogies darkest hour).  I can't wait for that resolution.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:37 am

nickandnora wrote:Honestly, one of my favourite parts of that three act romance is the separation, easily. So much juicy stuff happens in the separation, so many realizations. My favourite is Jane Eyre (which I think Reylo is being modelled after, heavily) when, a year after Jane leaves Rochester, she hears him calling out to her in his pain and anguish, and she knows she has to return to him, and it's later revealed that he heard her calling out to him too. Something like that is *totally* going to happen to Reylo in IX. I mean... they have a force bond. They can literally tap into each other, lol. It's already built in.

@nickandnora
@Saracene was laughing about how the ST has a bunch of dudes and fanboys watching what amounts to a romantic drama or period piece in space. It's disguised with lightsabers and blasters and cool ships but they're not fooling us. Laughing

And just a general positive thing here's my favourite quote from Kathleen Kennedy on Kylo's arc:
"One of the most interesting aspects of Kylo Ren is his young age. Much of the time villains are damaged, troubled and much older. Making the new Star Wars villain a 30-year-old man was a captivating choice. We could take advantage of a troubled adolescence and past we know little about. From there we could find his tension between the light and dark that dominates the Star Wars universe. We could use it as a metaphor for the path that leads a young adult to his accomplished adult life."
The whole interview is a good read: http://thehermitsacedia.tumblr.com/post/140041132904/kathleen-kennedy-on-kylo-ren
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:48 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@nickandnora
@Saracene was laughing about how the ST has a bunch of dudes and fanboys watching what amounts to a romantic drama or period piece in space. It's disguised with lightsabers and blasters and cool ships but they're not fooling us. Laughing

And just a general positive thing here's my favourite quote from Kathleen Kennedy on Kylo's arc:
"One of the most interesting aspects of Kylo Ren is his young age. Much of the time villains are damaged, troubled and much older. Making the new Star Wars villain a 30-year-old man was a captivating choice. We could take advantage of a troubled adolescence and past we know little about. From there we could find his tension between the light and dark that dominates the Star Wars universe. We could use it as a metaphor for the path that leads a young adult to his accomplished adult life."
The whole interview is a good read: http://thehermitsacedia.tumblr.com/post/140041132904/kathleen-kennedy-on-kylo-ren
@FrolickingFizzgig

That was me haha. But yeah, the idea of these fanboys watching 'Jane Eyre in Space' is pretty funny. That Kathleen Kennedy interview was so great. That bit about Kylo's bad decisions not necessarily being bad in the context of Star Wars screams redemption. And 'accomplished' adult life is a big clue about his endgame.

Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 31 Jan 2018, 12:57 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@nickandnora

@FrolickingFizzgig

That was me haha. But yeah, the idea of these fanboys watching 'Jane Eyre in Space' is pretty funny. That Kathleen Kennedy interview was so great. That bit about Kylo's bad decisions not necessarily being bad in the context of Star Wars screams redemption. And 'accomplished' adult life is a big clue about his endgame.

@Kylo Rey

Yup. You can't be an accomplished adult and still immersed in the dark side, as the dark side is all about recklessly indulging the most negative versions of your emotions. Kylo especially embodies this aspect of it. That's about the opposite of maturity and accomplished adulthood.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 31 Jan 2018, 1:04 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@nickandnora

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Kylo Rey

Yup. You can't be an accomplished adult and still immersed in the dark side, as the dark side is all about recklessly indulging the most negative versions of your emotions. Kylo especially embodies this aspect of it. That's about the opposite of maturity and accomplished adulthood.
@ZioRen
Indeed, Kathleen Kennedy quite literally compares the dark side to adolescence in this interview and goes on to say that Kylo's arc is going to be a metaphor for a young man overcoming that and emerging an accomplished adult.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 31 Jan 2018, 4:09 pm

Yep, no way “accomplished adult life”=“becomes a unredeemable evil villain who the heroes just have to take out.”

If the dark side is a metaphor for destructive youth and rebellion, the message is not that Kylo is forever lost, unable to return and must be destroyed by the perfect good heroes who never made any mistakes (with lasting consequences) in their lives.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 31 Jan 2018, 5:03 pm

Kessel wrote:Yep, no way “accomplished adult life”=“becomes a unredeemable evil villain who the heroes just have to take out.”

If the dark side is a metaphor for destructive youth and rebellion, the message is not that Kylo is forever lost, unable to return and must be destroyed by the perfect good heroes who never made any mistakes (with lasting consequences) in their lives.
@Kessel
Totally! And it's also noteworthy that KK makes such a point of differentiating Kylo from other villains, specifically those who are "damaged, troubled and much older." Darth Vader fits that description exactly, "more machine than man," aged and irreparably damaged. In contrast, Kylo Ren's defined by his youth, his strength and his humanity. The point is that he's not like Vader. He's a young, healthy man, not an old, burned up robot who can't even breathe on his own. He's the opposite of too far gone. Why would KK stress what makes Kylo different from villains like Vader who are just that, too far gone, if he was just going to share the same fate? The answer: she obviously wouldn't. They're telling a very different story with Kylo.

Last edited by MyOnlyHope on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 31 Jan 2018, 6:10 pm

[/quote]
@MyOnlyHope

Where is this quote from? Heaven forbid there was a concept of a story arc and planning. Here's to hoping they become more open about this in the next movie cycle.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 31 Jan 2018, 6:48 pm

MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 31 Jan 2018, 7:21 pm

@MyOnlyHope

Thank you! I was not here at that point, so I was not as up to date with all the SW news.

It seems as though whenever a nugget like this drops, it's always on a smaller website or magazine, not one of the bigger media platforms.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 06 Mar 2018, 4:01 am

The Rebels finale was a good sign (IMHO) for what's ahead for Reylo!!!

Rebels tv finale spoiler & the skywalker saga ending..:

I think if they do it for the Rebels tv show finale, they can't do it for the skywalker saga finale too!!!!!!! I think this is very unlikely... and I'm sooooo happy that this scenario is off the table for Reylo!!! Claps Claps Claps
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 06 Mar 2018, 4:29 am

I would really hate it if Ben dies leaving Rey pregnant behind - I truly hope they won't do this.

To be honest- I'm not really worried. That would mean Ben & Rey becoming very intimate very fast in IX...with how TLJ ended?? I Truly doubt that.

AND if they will be Reylo baby I want once in the history of the Skywalkers that he or she will grow up with BOTH parents around and actually raising their kid like a normal functional family! Mad
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Tue 06 Mar 2018, 5:31 am

Night Huntress wrote:I would really hate it if Ben dies leaving Rey pregnant behind - I truly hope they won't do this.

To be honest- I'm not really worried. That would mean Ben & Rey becoming very intimate very fast in IX...with how TLJ ended?? I Truly doubt that.

AND if they will be Reylo baby I want once in the history of the Skywalkers that he or she will grow up with BOTH parents around and actually raising their kid like a normal functional family! Mad
@"Cacciatrice notturna"

I agree with you. I hope the fact that Rebel ends like this is really the sign that for Rey and Ben could be a better end. However I'm not fond of the books and observations of Star Wars actors and composers, so I'm not so convinced. But if they wanted to be honest with the plot. Ben Solo is the heir of Anakin who can show how the life of Anakin would have gone if he had taken a different path. I hope this is the real story. All story was told by Padme's eyes. As for Anakin, the question is how it would have been if Padme had the strength. What could she do to avoid losing Anakin? I don't think the answer is waiting ... We'll see ...
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Thu 27 Sep 2018, 7:33 pm

I am just watching the bonus features from the "Solo" Blu-ray and thought there was a good sign for Reylo. In "Team Chewie" they are talking about how they set up Han and Chewie's friendship like a romance:

"It's almost like an old-fashioned romantic comedy. Of course, Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn are going to start the movie not in love. They're gonna start the movie at each other's throats."
(Jon Kasdan)

Obviously, Reylo won't be a comedy, but I loved how he said it like it's self-evident that the romantic couple hates each other at the beginning, and you can find the "from enemies to friends/lovers" trope in all genres. And it's always been used in Star Wars. Padmé and Anakin didn't get along very well at the beginning of AotC but became lovers, Han and Leia clashed all the time but fell in love. On the other hand we had Luke and Leia, who got along from the beginning, but did not get together and were later turned into siblings. Now we also have Finn and Rose who argued a bit at the beginning (RJ said he didn't have Finn team up with Poe for the Canto Bight sequence because there wouldn't have been any conflict), but became a good team and it ended with Rose kissing him and Finn sitting at her side when she was hurt. So, how are Rey's relationships with the other characters? She and Finn have a bit of a misunderstanding when they meet in TFA, but that's it. After that they get along so well, there is almost no conflict. Where could it go from there? This kind of relationship might be perfect in real life, but in a trilogy it would be just boring to have a couple that gets along from the first film and isn't developed over the second film. Then there is Poe. Rey hasn't even met him until the last scene of the second film. They could still start a conflicted relationship and become a couple in the last film, but it seems very unlikely. If you plan a trilogy and have the opportunity to write an epic romance, you don't introduce these characters to each other when you've already told 2/3 of the story. So who else is there and doesn't get along with Rey at the beginning? Only Ben. They start "at each other's throats" in the first episode, then they begin to understand each other a bit in the second episode but are separated again because of their conflict in the Throne Room. What would have been the point of making Rey and the audience like Ben, if they were enemies again for the entire last episode? If they start out as enemies and also end as enemies in IX and their relationship doesn't develop at all, it would be so boring. The only way it can go is from enemies to lovers. Of course that's not news to us, but Kasdan's quote just reassured me that we're right and that Reylo is the only romantic relationship for Rey that makes sense storywise.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 27 Nov 2018, 9:27 am

OMG - Scott Mendelson of Forbes does get it!  At first, I recall his SW column where he thought the new movies should have ended with TLJ - he didn't see where else it could go, unless the same old of OT, and PT, is repeated.  I don't know behind the scenes, but he decided that Reylo is the key (he is the one that called it the Reylo Trilogy in another column.)  Not sure if that is an indication he agrees with Bendemption..but he is getting there.

Look what he composed today!  It's in an article about Frozen 2, yet here is what popped out at me:

"and offer something at least as lustful as Tarzan, Beautiful Creatures or The Last Jedi."   Shocked Very Happy

He is wondering why Disney moved Frozen 2 to the spot where Harry Potter, Hunger Games - Fantasy YA's usually are...and if is a sign of more mature content for Frozen 2...if not a PG-13, a solid PG.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/11/27/will-frozen-2-be-deeper-darker-or-more-lgbt-friendly/#5a9be3ca3524
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 28 Nov 2018, 3:23 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey - nice find SW_Heroine_Journey! Thanks for sharing!

I love this thread  Very Happy
Here is a little contribution to the positive thoughts for reylo - which IMHO means positive thoughts for Bendemption too.
I like to pop into the starwars databank from time to time and read a random section.. sometimes I see things with new eyes..
tonight I had a random thought based on this section of the Snoke entry on his main page:
Positive Thoughts for IX, the Reylo edition - Page 2 Snoke_11

The choice of wording here, for such a pivotal moment in the entire sequel trilogy, is IMHO telling.

It is very powerful that it was 'the former Ben Solo' who ignited 'Luke Skywalker's lightsaber' and killed Snoke. Why not just say Kylo Ren killed Snoke? Why express it this way? The databank is very particular in it's choice of words...
This phrasing references Kylo/Ben's earlier, true identity - his legacy (both Anakin and Luke are connected to this particular lightsaber), and Ben Solo's choice and resolve - all of which underline to me that Ben Solo is heading for redemption. This right here IMHO is central to the sequel trilogy. I've got warm fuzzies sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 28 Nov 2018, 8:42 am

DeeBee wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey - nice find SW_Heroine_Journey! Thanks for sharing!

I love this thread  Very Happy
Here is a little contribution to the positive thoughts for reylo - which IMHO means positive thoughts for Bendemption too.
I like to pop into the starwars databank from time to time and read a random section.. sometimes I see things with new eyes..
tonight I had a random thought based on this section of the Snoke entry on his main page:
Positive Thoughts for IX, the Reylo edition - Page 2 Snoke_11

The choice of wording here, for such a pivotal moment in the entire sequel trilogy, is IMHO telling.

It is very powerful that it was 'the former Ben Solo' who ignited 'Luke Skywalker's lightsaber' and killed Snoke. Why not just say Kylo Ren killed Snoke? Why express it this way? The databank is very particular in it's choice of words...
This phrasing references Kylo/Ben's earlier, true identity - his legacy (both Anakin and Luke are connected to this particular lightsaber), and Ben Solo's choice and resolve - all of which underline to me that Ben Solo is heading for redemption. This right here IMHO is central to the sequel trilogy. I've got warm fuzzies sunny
@DeeBee

I love it when Ben Solo is mentioned in an entry that would make more logical/technical sense if Kylo Ren was mentioned, OR he is not mentioned at all with either name in an entry (i.e. The Millenium Falcon entry. It only mentions Han died shortly after he acquired it again, after losing it. If one never saw the movies, they would think...from old age? how? lol) Screams Bendemption! Smile

My jaw dropped when I read the article by Scott on Forbes.com. He just added lustful about TLJ, listed other movies...la la la, in an article about Frozen 2. I thought I was imagining it, so I read it again...and then a huge smile beamed across my face. haha
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:16 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:OMG - Scott Mendelson of Forbes does get it!  At first, I recall his SW column where he thought the new movies should have ended with TLJ - he didn't see where else it could go, unless the same old of OT, and PT, is repeated.  I don't know behind the scenes, but he decided that Reylo is the key (he is the one that called it the Reylo Trilogy in another column.)  Not sure if that is an indication he agrees with Bendemption..but he is getting there.

Look what he composed today!  It's in an article about Frozen 2, yet here is what popped out at me:

"and offer something at least as lustful as Tarzan, Beautiful Creatures or The Last Jedi."   Shocked Very Happy

He is wondering why Disney moved Frozen 2 to the spot where Harry Potter, Hunger Games - Fantasy YA's usually are...and if is a sign of more mature content for Frozen 2...if not a PG-13, a solid PG.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/11/27/will-frozen-2-be-deeper-darker-or-more-lgbt-friendly/#5a9be3ca3524
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Thanks for the article, even though I'm more interested by the information on Frozen 2. Laughing
Might Frozen 2 be a somewhat standard “dark” sequel? Might Frozen 2 be the kind of sequel that furthers the mythology while undercutting the comparatively good/evil morality of its predecessor as the wish-fulfillment fantasy of its predecessor becomes cluttered by messy reality?

This quote gives me hope to have my double redemption in 2019; Ben and Hans.
We should look to see if there are other Disney films with a theme of redemption for this year.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next